04

Sweet Nothings

[prompt: harrypotter!au hunhan]

 

 

 

 

“He must have cheated in the - “ Sehun stopped his sentence midway when Jongin gave him the look. Yes, the look which Jongin had perfected whenever Sehun started to talk about Luhan. There were times when he wondered if Sehun had a specific reason for hating Luhan because as far as he had known, Luhan was a really nice person who was well liked by everyone except for Sehun.

Okay, maybe it had something to do with the fact that Sehun was in slytherin and Luhan was in gryffindor but ever since the wizarding war, the two houses had been at peace. At least, the high and mighty slytherin pure-blood had stopped making snide remarks and bullying everyone else because of their blood lineage.

Jongin frowned as he pondered for the ten thousandth times why Sehun hated Luhan so much. If anything, it should be the other way round. He could still remember that incident when the gentle Luhan slapped Sehun in the face in front of everyone.

That had happened when they were going to Hogwarts for the first time. Sehun, being a pureblood and a cocky brat, had went to one of the carriages compartment and sat down. Acting as though he had owned the place, he didn’t allow anyone else to share the compartment with him but no one had said anything because well, Sehun was from an influential family. No one wanted to make an enemy out of him on their very first day.

However, not knowing that, Luhan had barged into compartment and started talking to Sehun. Being the brat that Sehun was, he made remarks like how Luhan should get out and went on about how Luhan had looked like a girl. 

Unable to take it because his looks had been one of Luhan’s sore points, he had slapped Sehun before getting out of the compartment, since then the both of them had been at odds. Alright, maybe Sehun did have a reason for hating Luhan.

Being the prideful person he was, Jongin knew that being slapped by Luhan was a big blow to Sehun's ego. Not to mention, Luhan had always been able to top Sehun’s results. Be it tests, qudditch – basically, the both of them had been competing with each other with Sehun losing at the end. If it was by a big margin then maybe the slytherin male won't be so angry but he was always losing to Luhan by one point or the most, two points.

It didn’t help that they were both really outstanding, Sehun did have the brain despite being a cocky brat. Luhan was extremely smart as well and they did everything they could to beat each other, they even compared the number of love letters they had received.

A rather childish behaviour if anyone was to ask Jongin but alas, his opinion wasn’t wanted when everyone in the school had enjoyed their competition.

There were even fan base for the two male and simply put, the two of them were some sort of celebrity in the school. Sehun, the Ice Prince who had a poisonous tongue and Luhan, the ideal Prince Charming in the girl’s heart.

“Hey, are you listening?” Sehun snapped his fingers in front of Jongin when the tanned male turned to look at him seriously. Something which Sehun wasn’t used to because Jongin was rarely this serious.

“Do you have a crush on Luhan?” That one sentence almost made Sehun chocked on what he was drinking. He was coughing and glaring at Jongin for spouting such an atrocious nonsense. The fact that Jongin managed to come to this conclusion made Sehun wondered what was in the male’s head.

“I – How did you manage to come up with something so ridiculous?” Sehun asked after he got over his coughing fit.

“Because it had been almost four years since then, shouldn’t the both of you kiss and make up already?” Jongin furrowed his eyebrows.

“No one is going to kiss and make up because – forget it, I am not going to talk to an idiot. Talk to me when you finally manage to become smarter,” Sehun stood up and left Jongin alone.

Placing his face on his palms, Jongin seriously felt that maybe all of those competitions were some weird for the two of them.

 

 

Sehun looked at his right leg which was bandaged in cast, no thanks to Jongin who sprouted those weird nonsense and had him distracted. Honestly, holding a grudge for four years weren’t rather stupid not to mention, Sehun actually didn’t hate Luhan that much.

At first, he had been angry at Luhan because who the hell was he? Daring to slap him when not even his father had laid his hand on him. However, after Sehun calmed down and thought things through, he admitted that he was at fault as well.

Well, he came to that conclusion after one whole year of competing with Luhan and insulting him whenever he saw the other male. After he come to that conclusion, his pride held him back from apologizing to Luhan.

He had dragged his apology and before he known it, four years had passed. In the meantime while he was trying to think up of ways to beat Luhan (he just didn’t like people to be better than him), Sehun found himself observing the male more often.

Like how long his eyelashes were and how his laughter sounded weird but pleasing to the ears, how the side of his eyes crinkled whenever he laughed which was rather adorable and – Merlin’s beard, what the hell was he thinking?

Trying to reason with himself about those weird thoughts, he heard the door open and unexpectedly, it was Luhan who was looking rather guilty.

“What are you doing here?” Sehun said in his haughtiest tone. “Are you here to laugh at my misfortune? Sorry to say, I will be removing my cast really soon.”

“I – I am here to apologise,” Luhan muttered, looking at the floor instead of at Sehun. “I – might have done something to your broom – and well, I really didn’t expect things to turn out to be like this.”

“I didn’t use my broom today, I was using Jongin’s broom because I sent mine to – wait, you were the one who did that?” Sehun realised belatedly that the reason he was spending so much for the repair of his broom was because of the male in front of him.

“So it isn’t my fault that you fell?” Luhan looked up in surprise.

“No but tampering with my broom – “

“That’s why I am apologising!” Luhan huffed angrily. “You – “

“This is it!” Sehun cut him off. “Luhan, from now on, we are quits. I am sorry for that teasing you about your looks.”

The room was in total silence with Luhan still processing what Sehun had said. He had wanted to Sehun to apologise to him since four years ago but now that Sehun had said so, it looked like their feud was over.

Which meant that they were going to be strangers and Luhan didn’t want that. Deep down inside, he might have developed some feelings for the male in front of him. He noticed things about him, like how Sehun would go out of his way to help his friends despite looking extremely unwilling and how his smile looked extremely nice even though it was rare – no, he didn’t want their feud to over.

“Come here, are you that touched because I am apologising?” Sehun wasn’t sure if he should laugh when he saw Luhan rubbing his eyes. Once Luhan was close enough, he grabbed his hands and pulled him to sit on the bed.

Placing a kiss on his lips, Sehun realised that maybe if he wasn’t a coward, he might be able to kiss those lips sooner.

“What – what are you doing, Oh Sehun?” Luhan’s face blushed prettily and Sehun had gave him a cocky smile.

“Jongin said that we should kiss and make up so I decided to heed his advice this time,” Sehun grinned as he placed another kiss on Luhan’s lips. He guessed that there were times when Jongin gave good advice.

 

 

 

*an: have a prompt? then leave it in my ask.fm