38

Sweet Nothings

 

Luhan was not pleased and when he wasn’t pleased, he showed it on his face. His face which had a frown on and his manager who looked unperturbed, having deal with such situation often. Minseok simply gave the annoyed Luhan a smile, he wasn’t going to budge on this.

“I refuse.” Luhan huffed and folded his arms. “I refused to have a babysitter or – “

“He isn’t your babysitter, he is your bodyguard for the time being.” Minseok corrected him. “Luhan, I don’t care whether you want him or not because your safety is my priority.”

“Of course, my safety is your priority since I am the one who is bringing all the profits for the company,” Luhan retorted.

All too used to his attitude, Minseok simply rolled his eyes. “Here’s the thing, you are being harassed and it isn’t the normal harassment. Those letters which was written in blood as well as giving you wilted flowers and dead animals aren’t something that you can just overlook!”

“I am not in any danger!” Luhan slammed his hands on the table. “I will just be more careful in the future but I don’t need a shadow to follow me everywhere. Do you know how tiring it is to keep up my façade all the times? It isn’t fair.”

“Nothing is fair, you have the fame so you need to sacrifice something else.” Minseok told him quietly.

Luhan didn’t need to hear that, he didn’t have that coming from Minseok’s mouth because he understand that all too well. He had known that fact better than anyone else, having been in the showbiz business for three years in running.

“I am not being harsh but this is much more serious than everything else so just do as you are told, okay?” Minseok softened his tone.

Luhan nodded but Minseok still had his doubts, knowing full well that Luhan wasn’t one to just do as he was told.

 

Sehun wasn’t pleased, he was offended even at the new case that he had to take on. Granted, he blotched it up with the recently case but this was belittling him.

“I know that you are not pleased with this assignment and don’t bother lying because it is all over on your face,” his superior raised his hand up to stop Sehun from talking. “But I still expect you to do your best in this assignment just like how you always gave it your all.”

“But to protect a celebrity?” Sehun pressed his lips into a firm line. “I can do better than that, you should have just hand this case to one of the newbies.”

“Take this as a break,” Baekhyun told him. “God knows that you need to get a life so take this chance and relax yourself.”

“I don’t need a break,” Sehun argued but he had known that this was a lost case because once Baekhyun decided on something, changing his mind was almost impossible.

His superior might looked petite, slender and well, fragile but underneath that façade, he wasn’t one to be taken lightly. Baekhyun didn’t get to his position with his looks, his feats were often still talked about amongst everyone in the precinct.

“You need a break and that’s final. Also make sure that you don’t slack off your job because I told them that I am sending my finest in and if you bring down the police’s reputation – “There was a pregnant pause but the glint in Baekhyun’s eyes had delivered the male’s intention across.

No other words were needed.

 

 

 

Sehun wasn’t sure which celebrity he was protecting because he wasn’t particularly interested in the showbiz. He rather spend more of his time on catching criminals and putting them behind the bar, making the world a better place.

Arriving at the location half an hour earlier, he saw down and sipped his black coffee as he observed his surroundings. The place was done up classily, there were many photos of the same person which Sehun guessed was their most popular star on the market.

He glanced at his watch, realising that the other party was ten minutes late. Leaning back, Sehun crossed his legs, flipping through the magazine which he just grabbed from the table. It was to be expected, what’s with those celebrity and their inflated ego.

Maybe he should consider himself lucky if the person he was supposed to protect actually did show up. If he didn’t then he would just bring it up to Baekhyun and then insisted that there was a need to change. He gave it another five more minutes before calling it a day and going home. Flipping to another page, he glanced briefly at his watch. Just as Sehun was about to stand up, someone came into the room and sat himself down opposite Sehun.

There was a thunderous expression on his face but Sehun wasn’t fazed. He guessed that this was the person he was supposed to protect. Vacation? Byun Baekhyun was lying through his teeth. “You are late.”

“I am busy,” the star retorted haughtily as though it was his given right to be late. “It is not my fault that there are many other things that I have to do before meeting you.”

It took everything in Sehun to remain professional, knowing that Baekhyun would have his head if he did anything out of line. “Alright, I am – “

“I don’t need to know your name,” the star cut him off. “There isn’t a need to do that.”

Maybe Baekhyun won’t mind if Sehun strangled the person in front of him. It was only five minutes and he wanted to kill himself or rather the male in front of him. Granted, he was beautiful. But appearance can only go so far when you had such a personality.

“I am tired,” the star yawned. “Come on, let’s go.”

“Where are we going?” Sehun cocked an eyebrow at him.

The superstar simply folded his arms, looking displeased because Sehun didn’t jump to do his bidding immediately. “It is up to your whether you want to follow or not.”

With that said, the male his heels and walked out of the room. Sehun cursed underneath his breath before getting up and followed him. 

 

*an: another wip that i have in my folders. i just realised that i have quite a number of wips that didn't really go anyway. OTL. just to inform you guys, this drabble cllection will be only until chapter 40 (because i really didn't want it to get too long) afterwards, everything else will be posted on tumblr. i will put up the link on chapter 40. 

ask.fm