34

Sweet Nothings

[Can you please write something where sehun is a basketball player and Luhan wanted to join the team but wasn't good enough so he decided to be the water boy instead? But on games he'd just cheer for sehun and forget to pass drinks to the other members of the team but will pamper sehun.]

 

 

 

 

It was, without a doubt, that the basketball court was the place where Sehun shines the brightest. A fact attested by Sehun’s popularity in school. Whenever Sehun had a match, it was to be expected for the court to be filled to the brim with his fan girls and some fan boys in the mix.

To be rather honest, Luhan’s first impression of Sehun wasn’t really good. He had thought that Sehun had nothing going on for him except for his face. That was the reason why he was so popular in the campus, his face not his skills.

Then he learnt that Sehun’s older brother happened to be the previous captain of the basketball team. Well, that probably explained why Sehun was able to play in matches even though he was a first year, again it wasn’t because of his skills. Those little things accumulated and eventually, Luhan came to the conclusion that he didn’t like Oh Sehun.

“You are just bitter,” Yixing told him after listening to Luhan’s analysis. “Honestly, it wasn’t his fault that you didn’t make it to the team.”

Luhan pouted because Yixing should be on his side, they were best friends! It was in the best friend’s code that they had each other back no matter what. “I am not bitter but it just isn’t fair!”

“Please, it was the coach’s decision to not let you join the team because you are too scrawny and you are not tall enough – “

“Offended!” Luhan cut Yixing off, height was one of his sore points.

“On the bright side, you can still be the manager of the team – “

“Not that it is anything to be proud when out of the four managers, I am the only male.” Luhan told Yixing as he placed his chin on his hands. “The main point of me joining the team is because – “

“You wanted to be more manly because your ex told you that you felt more feminine than her.” Yixing looked up from his laptop. “Oh! Now I remember the real reason for all of your hate, your ex preferred Sehun over you – “

Luhan narrowed his eyes at Yixing, the urge to choke his best friend was strong, “Whatever”.

 

 

However, everything that Luhan learnt about Sehun was proving him wrong. For one, Sehun did have the skills. A conclusion that Luhan arrived at when he observed how Sehun had played. Next, Oh Sehun wasn’t as detestable as Luhan had thought.

The male was shy and Luhan had seen first-hand how Sehun had blushed lightly whenever his fan girls cornered him, giving him their handmade cookies and cupcakes. He wasn’t arrogant as well despite the fact that his playing skills were on par with the third years, Sehun still took their advice to heart.

Luhan sighed as he looked around the court and spotted Sehun again. Like what he had expected, the younger male had stayed back to practice again. His good playing skills weren’t because he was talented.

Granted, he did have some talent but it had more to do with his hard work. Sehun put in more hours than anyone in practicing, he stayed back late even when everyone went back home. It made Luhan wanted to pamper him a little.

Initially, he had leave drinks and snacks for him and slowly, he stayed back with Sehun. This resulted in them having a friendship and well, Luhan didn’t want to admit it but he might be slowly falling for Sehun.

How could he not when Sehun had been so patiently teaching him how to play basketball? He had been considerate to Luhan, helping him clean the basketballs when the other managers pushed it onto him.

He had helped Luhan carried drinks and stuff when it got too heavy for Luhan to carry it alone. There was once that Sehun had told his fan girls off because they had been harassing Luhan. Damn, his traitorous heart for not being able to withstand Oh Sehun’s cute smile.

 

 

It didn’t take a genius to figure out his feelings for Oh Sehun and Luhan just wanted to bury himself in hole for the next ten years. He had been extra attentive to Sehun, handing him a cold towel after his match.

There was once where he was so busy cheering for Sehun that he forgot to get drinks for the rest of the team. That had been rather embarrassing and Luhan had been told off by one of the other managers.

In fact, the treatment that the other team members couldn’t be compared to how attentive Luhan was to Sehun. But you couldn’t blame him, Sehun was really more lovable that the rest of the team.

“You worked hard!” Luhan handed a bottle of drink to Sehun. “Take a break first – “

“Luhan, you don’t have to give me any special treatment, you know?” Sehun told him, cutting Luhan off.

“Well, you certainly deserved it when you worked harder than the rest of the team put together!” Luhan told him, his lips pressed into a thin line, an obvious sign that he was displeased.

“But you know how there are rumours going around that you like me?” Sehun asked uncertainly. “I didn’t want it to affect you – “

“What if I say that I do like you?” Luhan confessed.

“I – I – “ Sehun stammered.

“You don’t have to answer me now – “

“I will tell you the answer when we win this game.” Sehun got up and ruffled Luhan’s hair before heading back into the court again.

 

 

It had been a close game where they almost didn’t manage to win but Sehun had been more aggressive in this game. The bell finally rung to signal the end of the game and Sehun had ran straight to Luhan.

“We won,” Sehun smiled at Luhan.

Luhan simply hummed in response as he waited for his answer.

“How does becoming my exclusive manager from now on sounds?” Sehun asked shyly.

“What benefits are there?”

“You get to have more private time with me, you can get to touch me and you can to do this with me whenever you like.” Once he finished his sentence, he had crashed his lips onto Luhan. “So deal?”

Luhan could only hit him on the chest and nodded, “Deal”.

 

*an: this is actually 1k plus of words in total. enough to call it a mini oneshot instead of a drabble. 

ask.fm | twitter