01

Sweet Nothings

[prompt: bubbletea and hunhan]

 

 

 

 

Sehun liked bubble tea, it had been an addiction ever since that fateful day when he took his first sip of the sugary concoction. This was probably the reason why he was working in a bubble tea's shop that paid him really little. He was able to have an unlimted supply of bubble tea and then, there was the added bonus of that extremely cute boy who comes by almost every other day. 

Said cute boy was extremely gorgeous, he had the most beautiful eyes ever and the most kissable lips as well as fluffy hair that Sehun wanted to touch. Safe to say, this boy was much more beautiful than all the girls that Sehun had met in his entire life. However, despite his rather large crush on the boy, Sehun was a big coward. His crush on the cute boy was often the joke between the employees in the bubble tea. Some of the more annoying ones teased Sehun by making those kissing sounds whenever he was taking cute boy's order. This had embarrassed Sehun to the point that he wanted to dig ahole and just buried himself in it for the next ten years.

Thankfully, depending on how you see it, the cute boy was rather dense and oblivious. He didn't comment nor show any discomfort whenever he heard those kissing sounds. Sehun suspected that the boy must had thought everyone in the bubble tea's shop was crazy and he took it in stride.  Not that Sehun mind because he thought that this was all part of the cute boy's charm.

 

 

“His name is Luhan,” Jongin slithered next to him and whispered into his ears which had Sehun almost jumping a mile high. “Do you want his number as well?”

“I can do that myself,” Sehun glared at the tanned male, his hands on his heart. “And how did you manage to get his name in the first place?”

“By striking up a conversation with him,” Jongin replied him drily, looking at Sehun as though he was an idiot for even asking such a question. “At the rate you are going, I will be old and wrinkly and there won’t be any anything happening between the both of you.”

“I just wanted to take my time and not scared him off,” Sehun retorted. That was the honest truth, he was building up his courage bit by bit which didn't seem to increasing any time soon.

“Do you want his number a not?” Jongin folded his arms, seemingly getting impatient with Sehun.

“No,” Sehun shook his head. He didn’t want to be indebted to Jongin because the tanned male will probably made him paid back tenfold.

Jongin didn’t say anything to that and went away, leaving Sehun to sigh dreamily as he stared at the side profile of Luhan.

Luhan.

Even his name sounded beautiful.

 

 

It took another week when Sehun finally greeted Luhan. It was just a simple hi but the smile that he got in return had Sehun in a daze for the rest of the afternoon. The next day, Luhan had strike up a conversation with Sehun.

Despite being so happy that he could die with no regrets, Sehun’s face was rather emotionless. He simply answered Luhan’s question of which bubble tea tasted the nicest. Jongin was snickering at the side and Sehun almost wanted to throw his shoes at the tanned male for daring to intrude.

“What is your favourite bubble tea flavour?” Luhan asked him.

“Chocolate,” Sehun replied, taking up a cup of chocolate ice blended bubble tea which he had made for himself not long ago. Despite trying so many flavours, Sehun always found himself returning back to this flavour.

Without any warning, Luhan reached out and plucked the cup right out of Sehun's hand. He grinned at Sehun before taking sip from the same straw that Sehun was drinking from. Sehun's face heated up because that was an indirect kiss and he was definitely going to keep that straw as memento later on.

“I guess that is an indirect kiss, huh?” Luhan asked, his eyes shining with mischievously. “So you will have to be responsible for me from now on.”

“I – What? I – “

“You mean you don’t want to be responsible for – “ Luhan's face fell with each word he said. 

“No, I will take the responsibility and I – I have a crush on you since - ” Sehun winced because that confession was probably the most unromantic confession ever.

Luhan’s lips curved up ever so slightly as he slid his number towards Sehun. “I will pick you up for dinner later on.”