05

Sweet Nothings

[prompt: bestfriends!sekai like luhan]

 

 

 

 

Being best friends meant that they shared all of the secrets with each other. Jongin and Sehun had been friends since they were in diapers, their family were just next to each other and their mothers were good friends as well.

They often got into mischief together but luckily for them, Sehun was very eloquent. Talking his way out from all the punishment that they were supposed to have while Jongin was often thought to be the mastermind.

The god’s honest truth, Jongin was simply the accomplice while Sehun had been the mastermind. Nevertheless, their friendship had only strengthened as time passed. They always had each other’s back and they were never seen without each other.

However, for the first time ever, Sehun had a secret that he had never told Jongin. It was his crush on their extremely pretty upperclassman, Luhan. The pretty male was often the object of affections for everyone in the school.

Sehun wasn’t a superficial person by nature, he fallen for Luhan wasn’t because of his looks. He fell for Luhan because of the pretty male’s personality. They knew each other from the school’s dance group.

Being fairly new, Luhan was assigned to teach their group. The pretty male never had an unkind word for anyone, he never lose his temper even if they couldn’t get their moves right. Most of all, there was that smile on his face, the passion that he had for dance, the enjoyment that he derived from executing a perfect dance move.

All these made Sehun fell for Luhan and he badly wanted to do something about his growing crush on the male. He had made up his mind to confess when Jongin burst into his room and locked Sehun’s door.

The male looked rather serious and he had clasped Sehun’s hands, looking at him in the eyes before taking a deep breath. “I – I think I am going to confess to Luhan.”

All it took was just that one sentence and Sehun’s world came crumbling down, the thoughts of confessing to Luhan was banished to the back of his mind; never to speak of. Forcing a smile on his face, he patted Jongin on his back. “I am happy for you, Luhan is a good choice.”

Jongin grinned, “I know. He is – I asked him out and he agreed. We are catching a movie tomorrow.”

“Go for it!” Sehun told Jongin. He was happy for his best friend and that wasn’t a lie. Sehun knew that Luhan will be happy with Jongin, not that Sehun wasn’t able to make Luhan happy but he felt that Jongin will be a better choice between the two of them.

Jongin, with his dorky smile. Jongin who never once blamed Sehun for the trouble they got in. Jongin who had a bruises on his face because he was protecting Sehun. Jongin who was his best friend, the one person he will never replace.

What’s love compared to their friendship? Sehun chose Jongin because he wanted his best friend to be happy and most of all, he wanted Luhan to be happy as well.

That was the right choice, he told himself but that didn’t mean his heart didn’t hurt when he imagined the two of them together.

 

 

What he didn’t expect was how Jongin went to house the next day and looked like . The male looked as though he didn’t sleep the whole night which meant one thing. The confession didn’t go well, Sehun shouldn’t be happy but he couldn’t help that trace of happiness that managed to sneak into his heart.

However, he made sure to bury it deep down in his heart because his best friend got dumped and this was the time when he should get drunk with him and sung stupid songs or they could spend the entire night, playing video games.

“He didn’t like me that way,” Jongin said after the third can of beer, a bitter smile on his face. “He told him that he liked someone else – I should have realise it.”

“You can’t help who you fall in love with,” Sehun commented, nursing his second can of beer. “You will get over him – “

“I am sorry,” Jongin apologised out of the blue, causing Sehun to look at him weirdly. Did Jongin do something to him recently that warrant an apology? Not that he know of though.

“For what – “

“For confessing to Luhan,” Jongin dropped the bomb unexpectedly, causing Sehun to almost drop his can of beer. “I know that you like him.”

Hiding his face, Sehun laughed. “I was that obvious? Man, I should really take some acting lesson.”

“So I guess becoming an actor isn’t an ideal choice for you.” Jongin joked, earning a laughter from Sehun. “I am sorry, I – I shouldn’t have done that. I know that you won’t confess if I told you that I am confessing. Despicable, right?”

Standing up, Sehun looked at the male in front of him. His best friend, he guessed that there won’t be anyone who could understand him almost as well as he understand himself. This man who actually confessed the truth when there wasn’t a need for that.

“I will only forgive you if you do my house chores for a month.” Sehun grinned when Jongin laughed, the tension dissipated as though it never been.

“Do I have to do your house chores if I tell you something in return?” Jongin asked, cocking one of his eyebrows.

“That depend – “

“The person who Luhan has a crush on – “

“Deal.” Sehun agreed without any hesitation.

“I just learnt something today.” Jongin said which had Sehun glaring at him. “You are really dense and oblivious.”

Sehun had frowned when he realised what Jongin had meant. ‘You mean – me – “

“Yes,” Jongin patted him on the back. “Good luck.”