28

Sweet Nothings

[omegaverse! omega!luhan and alpha!sehun]

 

 

If it wasn't for the fact that he had protection from Chanyeol, Sehun was certainly that he would return back to his dorm with bruises everyway. In the eyes of other, Sehun was a failure as an alpha. He didn't have the need to assert his dominance against other, he wasn't one to get possessive over this things - basically put, he didn't have any of the traits that an alpha should have. 

There were times when he thought that maybe he was put in the wrong class but how could it be when both of his parents were alpha? He guessed that it could have something to do with his dormant wolf. He couldn't speak to his wolf, he couldn't feel the presence of his wolf. That scared Sehun more than anything and it had been a secret which he had kept from everyone else. 

That was the reason for his aloofness around other, emitting a cold aura, not letting anyone approach him. It didn't take long for him to be called an ice prince by the students in the school and Sehun preferred it that way because being alone was more for him. 

 

"I am not going," Sehun ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, annoyed at being woke up much earlier than he should. "You can go alone, sleep is more important."

"But it is the freshman's orientation," Chanyeol told him. "Who knows if you could find a mate - "

"For the last time, I am not looking for a mate. I am not looking to get bond, I am not going to have addition responsibilites!" Sehun growled before pulling his pillow and covering his ears. 

Sensing that Sehun was unwilling, Chanyeol gave up and headed out of their shared room with instruction to meet for lunch later on. 

 

 

The school was milling with students but Sehun wasn't interested, he only wanted to eat and headed back to his room. Jogging slightly to the entrace of the cafeteria, he paused when he passed by an alley. He saw a four students crowding around one male who had badly beaten up on the floor. 

He had a bad feeling about this since the group of students were his classmates which meant that they were alphas and he also saw some betas in the mix. Walking away should have been the ideal solution but Sehun found his feet pulling him in their direction. 

"What are you guys doing?" Sehun shouted and four pair of eyes went to him when one of them smirked. 

"Look, who do we have here? The 'failure' of the alpha's class, Oh Sehun?" One of them taunted. 

"I think that reporting this to the school means suspension - "

"Back off," one of them snarled. "We are just trying to teach this omega here what is respect!"

"Respect isn't taught, you have to earn it." Sehun stepped in front of the male on the floor. "Do you think by beating him into a bloody pulp, he is going to respect you?"

One of their eyes started to change colour and Sehun could see him losing his control over his wolf. If this was a fight one to one, he might have a chance to win but just him against four? He could only pray that he made it out alive. 

The one nearest to Sehun started to lunge at him, his claws out and Sehun only managed to dodge just in time. He retailiated with a punch to his face before kicking him, causing the male to land on the floor. 

"What are you guys doing there?" A loud voice cut through their heavy breathing and for once, Sehun had never been more glad to see Chanyeol. 

"Fighting on school's ground is prohibited, all of you head to the disciplinary room now!" Chanyeol shouted and none of them dared to make any sound especially when Chanyeol's aura was overwhelming them.  

Squatting down, Sehun was at eye level with the bloody pulp on the floor and had the urge to knock some sense into him. He should have run at the first sign of trouble, what was this male doing? Reaching out, he was about to brush the male's hair away when the male's eyes opened. 

"Get your hands away from me!" The male snarled, hosility in his eyes. 

"Look, I save you just now - "

"So I should thank you?" The male laughed bitterly, wincing when he felt the pain from his face. "I didn't ask for you to save me and this happen because all of you alphas think that omegas should keep their head down and whimpered at their feet!"

"Go to the healer's room and get your wounds treated," Chanyeol ordered the male. Lo and behold, the male had simply ignored Chanyeol as he hobbled away from them.

"He is an omega, right?" Sehun asked. Up until now, no one could ignored Chanyeol when he was emiting his alpha's aura especially when the other party was just an omega. 

"Yes but he is a special's case. He is an omega but he wasn't submissive enough, that why those alphas wanted to teach him a lesson." Chanyeol told him as they were walking out of the alley. "This isn't the first time that it happened."

"What's his name?" Sehun asked. 

"Luhan," Chanyeol answered. "But forget about wanting him as a mate, he is as adamant as you in not wanting an alpha to control him."

 

 

*an: this is my latest interest, omegaverse but didn't have any plot for it despite wanting to do a chaptered fic. so if you guys have any suggestion, drop it in my ask.fm and i will see how it goes from there! of course, i will credit the idea to you in the fic. 

ask.fm | twitter