19

Sweet Nothings

[prompt: selfharm!luhan and sehun]

 

 

 

Luhan was the guy who no one noticed and he preferred it that way. With his hair covering most of his face, with his habit of always looking down, no one had ever seen his feature properly. Sitting at the back of the class, his presence wasn’t noticed.

That was why he was pleasantly surprised when he heard his name being called. Looking at the male behind him, he realised that he was one of his classmates. The sunshine prince of the class, the guy who always had a smile for everyone; Oh Sehun.

“Don’t jump,” Sehun had told him. Luhan smiled a little to himself, swinging his legs but made no move to get away from the ledge. He had no intention of listening to him. 

“Falling straight down means that I don’t have to deal with the world anymore, how wonderful isn’t it?” Luhan leaned forward a little, making Sehun took a step toward him.

“Life isn’t all that bleak – “

Luhan folded his sleeve and Sehun could clearly see the cut marks. There were countless of them, scars that healed but never completely disappeared.  “You don’t understand but I don’t even understand myself.”

“Luhan – “

“It hurt whenever I cut but that moment when the cold metal comes into contact with my skin, I feel alive. It reminds me that I am still breathing.” Luhan told him, his eyes dull.

“I – “

“You have a good life so go away and pretend that you never see me,” Luhan refused to let Sehun speak. The guy didn’t know anything, the pain that Luhan was in, the turmoil in his heart, the urge to fly off the ledge. He wanted to sleep forever, he wanted to stop thinking, he want to stop everything.

He wanted to stop feeling.

“I can’t,” Sehun confessed. “I can’t pretend that I never see you – “

“Human moral,” Luhan laughed. “Because you have seen me and now you can’t ignore me? At the end of it, you can’t get past your consciences. It is never about me, how selfish.”

“I – “

“Go away,” Luhan stood up and walked dangerously close to the edge. “If you don’t, you will be the last one to see me.”

Sehun was scared for real as he ran and pulled Luhan off the ledge, not expecting him to do that, Luhan fell off and landed on Sehun. He tried to get up only to have Sehun kept him there, he pushed Luhan’s ear against his chest.

“Hear that? That is my heartbeat, if you die, you won’t ever hear this.” Sehun said softly as he let Luhan cried. “If you don’t understand yourself, it doesn’t matter. We can figure out something together.”