30

Sweet Nothings

[president!sehun and feisty!luhan]

 

 

There were times when being too powerful, too rich and too handsome had its downfall. A simple smile meant as a greeting was taken as an invitation for others to cling onto him. Being the gentleman he was, Sehun could only endure it with another smile.

The elderly woman with much too thick make up and overly strong perfume managed to sink her evil claws into Sehun’s arms rather painfully, refusing to let him go much to Sehun’s dismay and Jongin’s eternal amusement. His best friend who watched Sehun’s struggle from the side with a smile on his face as he took another sip from his wine glass.

Sehun cursed Jongin from the bottom of his heart, hoping that his friend would get dropped into the pits of hell for letting the woman dragged him away. Or maybe he should sent Jongin down to hell personally, that idea was more appealing. The elderly woman managed to drag Sehun to a young woman who looked to be in her twenties with strong resemblance to her. The young woman’s eyes lit up almost immediately when she spotted him.

It didn’t take a genius to figure out that the elderly woman was hoping that her daughter scored with Sehun.

Generally as a rule, Sehun refused to be tied down to one woman. Marriage was the last thing on his plate because what’s the point of giving up the whole forest for just a tree? That just didn’t make any sense.

Seeing the woman’s eyes raked over his body lustily, Sehun decided that enough was enough and it was time to make his retreat before he was swallowed whole by the mother and daughter. Excusing himself forcefully by shrugging off her claws – fingers, Sehun made his escape to the restroom.

What he didn’t expect was how persistence the two woman were, both of them had decided to camp outside the male’s restroom, waiting for Sehun to come out. Pacing inside the restroom, Sehun tried to come up with a feasible solution.

The best solution would be to call his secretary – wait, he had just fired her recently. So that was a no go, the next solution would be to call Jongin. However, the thought of having to live down Jongin laughing at him for this for the next ten years or so just didn’t sit well with Sehun.

Which brought him to another point, why wasn’t anyone coming into the restroom? He had been here for the past ten minutes and not one person had entered. He looked at the door and willed someone to enter when the door finally swung open.

A male who looked to be in his twenties with honey brown hair, wearing the server’s uniform walked in. He headed straight to the sink and dabbed water on his shirt to rid the orange stain on it. Sehun hovered around him, waiting for a good time to start a conversation.

The male looked extremely upset when he realised that the stain wasn’t going off, he sighed before turning around and would have scream if it wasn’t for Sehun’s hand on his mouth.

“I am going to let go slowly, don’t scream or shout or – whatever. Just don’t make a sound,” Sehun told him softly and the male nodded. Putting his hand down, the male simply stared at him with those large doe eyes.

Granted, Sehun knew that he was handsome but this much staring was getting to him. He was used to getting stared at but having a person to do so in close proximity, made him rather uncomfortable. Not to mention, the male didn’t even blink once.

Was his face that handsome?

He cleared his throat awkwardly and the male finally blinked, he glared at Sehun for a good second before turning away from him and heading to the door. Seeing that his last hope was going to be gone soon, Sehun hurried to grab his wrist. “Hey, wait!”

“What do you want?” The male’s voice was laced with irritation. Something rather new for Sehun who was used to adoration – wait a minute, the male was glaring at him just now?  

“I need you to do something for me – “

“I am not going to give you a you here if that is what you are asking,” the male cut him off rather abruptly and Sehun resisted the urge to roll his eyes. People and their imagination nowadays. 

“I am – “

“I don’t care, hands off me now. ert!” The male told him pointedly as he looked at his wrist which was still held by Sehun. “I just have a really bad day where I am just fired because I knocked against one of those very important people. It isn’t my fault that his wig wasn’t secured enough and it fell off, making everyone laugh at him. How is this fair that I get fired? As if that wasn’t bad enough, I encountered a ert in the toilet.”

For the first time in his life, Sehun was stumped by a situation. Getting called a ert by a male wasn’t something that happened to him every day and for someone who valued control, his life wasn’t going the way he wanted now.

“Are you going to let go of me? I am going to scream in three seconds if you are not going to do so.” The male threatened.

“You’ve never heard of me?" The man asked, slight disbelief in his voice. 

“Do all the erts say that now? How the hell am I supposed to know you? I don’t go to police station often enough to remember those faces on the wanted posters.” The male told him sarcastically.

“I need you to do me a favour – “

“What makes you think that I will be willing?” The male cut off Sehun once again

 “I will pay you – “

“I am still not going to blow you or you or whatever stuff that you wanted.” The male told him warily. 

“I just wanted you to check if there is anyone outside waiting for me. If there is, please make them leave.” Sehun finally managed to finish his sentence without getting cut off. If the male had interrupted him just one more time, Sehun was certain that he was going to tape his mouth. That was until he remembered that he didn't have any tape with him. 

Giving him a suspicious look, the male looked at his wrist pointedly and Sehun let go immediately. Satisfied, the male went out of the restroom and looked around before going back in. “There isn’t anyone out there.”

Heaving a sign of relief inwardly, Sehun just wanted to thank God for not being that cruel to him just yet. “I will pay – “

“I don’t need you to pay me because that is not going to last me for the next few months and – “

“Stop, don’t talk.” Sehun finally snapped, his tone frosty, his glare chilling. "Come to this address tomorrow.”

Scribbling his company’s address on the card, Sehun placed it in the male’s pocket before exiting the restroom.

 

 

Luhan looked at the name card in his hand and wondered if this was some conman scheme. Then again, he didn’t have much to lose since he literally had nothing to his name. After he managed to graduate from his university which was a miracle itself, he had been unemployed since.

It wasn’t due to the lack of trying, more like there were simply too many people with much better qualifications than him. He had been taking part time jobs here and there to make ends meet. This was one of those temp jobs and he managed to screw it up spectacularly.

Just perfect.

Sighing, he pocketed the name card and changed out of this uniform. Once he handed his uniform over to the manager who had a look of disapproval on his face, Luhan made his way to Yixing’s house.

Opening the door to let himself in, he went to the living room and saw Ziyu sleeping on the couch while clutching to his bunny. Placing a kiss on his son’s forehead, Luhan went in search of Yixing. As usual, Yixing was in his study room, thinking up of the next best seller. “Thanks for today.”

Yixing smiled at him in return, “It is fine, I am Ziyu’s godfather anyway.”

Thank god for Yixing that Luhan managed to last this long. If it weren’t for Yixing looking after Ziyu, Luhan would have to take on more jobs to pay for those day-care’s services which didn’t come cheap. Yixing had suggested for Luhan to live with him but he draw a line at that.

He didn’t want to take advantage of Yixing despite the both of them being friends for more half of their life. “You look tired, do you want me to drive the both of you home?”

“It is fine, I don’t want to trouble you.” Luhan shook his head.

“I am bored and in need of inspiration anyway plus Ziyu is asleep, it is more practical to let me drive the both of you then taking the public transport.” Yixing told Luhan who couldn’t find a loophole in the explanation.

Seeing that Luhan had agreed with him, Yixing went to take his keys while Luhan carried Ziyu. He got into the back of the car while Yixing started the engine. Ziyu was still fast asleep with his head on Luhan’s laps as he carded his fingers through Ziyu’s hair.

They managed to reach Luhan’s house fairly fast. Opening the door for Luhan, Yixing helped to carry Ziyu first. The boy was such a deep sleeper that he probably won’t wake up even if there is an earthquake.

“Good night, Lu. Take better care of yourself, okay?” Yixing instructed him, his voice full of concern as he looked at his friend who was far too skinny and looked much too tired.

Luhan gave him a nod before carrying Ziyu to his house.

 

 

Placing Ziyu in his room, Luhan went to shower first. He was dead tired, mentally and physically but there wasn’t any choice. His world didn’t just revolve around him, he had Ziyu to look after.

His baby boy who was the bright spot in his life. No matter how much he wanted to stop, he had to push on for Ziyu’s sake because baby boy deserved the best in everything. God was cruel enough to deprive baby boy of a family so Luhan made sure to give whatever he could for baby boy.

Turning off the shower head, Luhan dried himself and made himself a cup of warm milk. Sleep didn’t come easy to him at night, he was the kind who took hours just to be able to sleep well. Taking the name card out of his bag, he examined it in earnest this time.

There wasn’t anything written on it save for a number and a name, ‘Oh Sehun’. This nam ecard was classy, elegant and Luhan wondered how much ego that man had to simply just put his name and number on a card with nothing else.

It felt as though he expected everyone to recognise his name which made Luhan smiled briefly when he recalled how surprised that man was when Luhan told him that he had never heard of his name before.

Placing the name card on the table, he made up his mind to head to the company tomorrow.

 

 

After sending Ziyu to school, Luhan made his way to the company. Dressed in a white shirt and a pair of black pants, he looked up at the building. This was the ever famous entertainment company which housed all of the most popular stars on the market, a company that managed to break into many other markets and was a force to be reckoned with.

He was feeling unsettled because he guessed that getting hired at this company was too good to be true. The thought to head back home did cross Luhan’s mind as he walked to the reception’s table, everything was screaming at him and telling him that he didn’t belong here.

But he needed this job, this job could open up many other opportunities for him and Luhan needed those. Steeling himself, he placed the namecard on the table and informed the receptionist that he was told to come here.

The receptionist made a phone call and directed him to the top floor. Doing as he was told, Luhan headed to the highest floor. A male with cat like eyes had his legs propped on the table as he flipped through what appeared to be a fashion magazine.

Luhan thought that he was imagining the hand on his because there was no way that he was getting molested in this lift that was filled with people, right? Granted, he looked like a girl at times but dressed in a suit, there wasn’t any way that he could get mistaken as a female.

The hand got even bolder and was now squeezing Luhan’s . Never one to just suffer silently, Luhan whirled around and slapped the person in the face. The man behind him was exceedingly handsome, dressed in a suit that looked to cost more than what Luhan earned a month. His face was rather familiar though but Luhan was never good at remembering a person’s face.

But as the saying went, ‘never judge a book by its cover’. Now it rang true more than ever as Luhan pressed his lips into a firm line, cheering lightly when he saw his handprint imprinted on the man’s face.

If he wasn’t being so smug, Luhan would have realised that everyone else in the lift was looking at him as though he had committed a great sin. Some of them were even shaking their head slightly when Luhan pointed a finger at the man. “Stop touching my !”

“Excuse me?” The man’s tone was so cold that Luhan could feel the temperature dropped by a few degree.

“I said to stop touching my ,” Luhan repeated again. “You should be damn glad that I didn’t call the police – “

“I didn’t touch your ,” the man informed him.

“I am so sure that I felt your hand – “

“How did you know that is my hand?” The man questioned him and Luhan was stumped for a moment.

“It couldn’t be anyone else but you!” Luhan huffed angrily. He had heard that this was a prestigious company but seeing how the employees of the company was, he really doubted what other people were saying.

“Baseless accusation, I can sue you for that.” The man threatened which further enraged Luhan because he was the one being molested.

“I – it was him!” A woman’s voice rang out as she pointed a middle aged man whose belly was showing. The man was stunned for a moment when his face grew red and his eyes b with hatred at the woman.

“I – I didn’t!” The middle aged man insisted, his eyes refusing to meet anyone else.

“We can always check the CCTV,” the man, who Luhan accused, suggested. Just then, the lift dinged and the door opened. With as much as a glance at Luhan, the man simply instructed the middle aged man to go to his office together with Luhan.

 

 

He was in for it, Luhan thought because the man who he had just slapped and accused in front of everyone else, was none other than the President of the company also known as Oh Sehun. No wonder he felt so familiar!

 If there was a rewind button, Luhan would make sure to not act so impulsively or rather, he will make sure to remember his face properly.

Damn, he could kiss this job goodbye before he even started. There wasn’t even a need for an interview, Luhan most definitely won’t hired a person who slapped him and accused him as a ert. Not to mention, it was his first time calling him a ert.

Glaring at the middle aged man beside him, Luhan wished for him to drop into the pits of hell and burnt eternally. The door suddenly swung open and the man walked straight to his desk. Sitting himself down, he crossed his legs before settling his gaze on the middle aged man. “What do you have to say for yourself?”

“I – I really didn’t do – do it.” The man stammered and Luhan thought why didn’t the man just admit it?

“I have the video footage,” the man in front of them informed him. “That is enough to turn you in to the police.”

Once the man heard that, he had admitted tearfully that he was at fault and he wasn’t thinking properly. The decision to report him to the police was now in Luhan’s hands, not wanting to make a scene, Luhan had dropped the matter.

With the man leaving the room, Luhan was now alone with Oh Sehun. 

 

 

 

*an: yes, another one of my wips which is lying around so i thought, why not put it here? comments, subscription and upvotes are very much appreciated. if you have aa prompt, as usual, you can drop it in my ask.fm 

ask.fm | twitter