03

Sweet Nothings

[prompt: !hunhan]

 

 

 

 

Sehun looked at the male in front of him who was sleeping so innocently with his hands pillowed under his face. His heart clenched painfully at the sight of the male, this was the one person he wanted but will never be able to have.

As though sensing his presence, the male opened his eyes. Rubbing his eyes cutely, he blinked a few times before giving Sehun a sleepy smile. “Hun, you are back!”

Rolling his eyes, he went over and ruffled the male’s hair affectionately. “You should know better than to sleep in the living room, what if you catch a cold?”

Smiling contently, the male leaned into Sehun’s touch. “Hey, hey, I am your older brother. Where is the respect? Youngster nowadays – “

“Luhan hyung,” Sehun kissed the male on his cheeks. “Did you miss me when I am not around?”

Feeling as though he was being humored, he glared at his younger brother. “Where is my present?”

Faking a gasp, Sehun placed his hands on his heart. “I am not enough?”

“Well, I think if you come with food, it will make you even more lovable.” Luhan pinched Sehun’s cheeks. He leaned in unconsciously, not knowing that Sehun’s heart was beating extremely fast at the extremely close distance.

He could smell a slight green apple’s scent from Luhan. Just a little more and he could taste the lips that he been wanting to kiss since he started to develop feelings for him. But alas, certain things weren’t meant to be because Luhan was his older brother.

In the eyes of this judgmental society, such feelings were looked down upon. It didn’t help that they were both male and with great reluctance, Sehun stood up. “I did bring back something – “

“Yay!” Luhan cheered, pouncing on Sehun and hugging him before placing a kiss on his cheeks. “You are the best! I love you.”

If only Luhan knew what those three words meant to Sehun, perhaps, he won’t say it so freely.

 

 

Kyungsoo could sense that Luhan was in a really good mood. The males’ eyes had been crinkling at the side, his smile more dazzling than usual which meant one thing, Sehun was back.

Whenever, Luhan’s younger brother was here for his term break, the male would have this glow about him. If they weren’t brothers, Kyungsoo would have thought that the both of them were a couple. Actually, he had already suspected for a while that they might have feelings for each other.

It was wrong because the society deemed it to be but no one could help who they fell for. If they could, there won’t be so many tragic love stories in the world.  

“How is Sehun?” Kyungsoo asked offhandedly and Luhan smiled even brighter. “He is doing well?”

Luhan nodded as he told Kyungsoo how the younger male had once again managed to top his level. It was obvious that Luhan was extremely proud of his brother as he kept telling Kyungsoo how Sehun had become even taller and how he was much more handsome than before.

“I heard my name,” a voice interrupted Luhan who was telling Kyungsoo how Sehun was being selected as the captain for his campus's soccer team. “I didn’t know that you are this proud of me.”

Turning back, Luhan saw Sehun. Instead of being embarrassed at being caught, he was flashed a smile at him before scooting in, patting his hand on the seat. “Kyungsoo, feel free to order whatever you wanted to eat, Sehun will be paying.”

“Luhan hyung, I am a broke student. Can you please don’t do this to me?” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at how Sehun was actually whining and acting cute. Well, Luhan had always been a er for cute things.

“I need to wash my eyes,” someone broke in and took a seat beside Kyungsoo. “Nice to meet everyone here, I am Kim Jongin. Good friend of Oh Sehun and here for a visit.”

“Thank god, I don’t have to suffer the display of brotherly love alone.” Kyungsoo muttered quietly so that only Jongin could hear him while Luhan and Sehun was looking at the menu. 

“Don’t get me start on how Sehun can go on and on with about his precious Luhan.” Jongin confided in Kyungsoo.

“I think we can compare notes on that,” Kyungsoo grinned, apparently, this male had more in common with him than he had thought.

 

 

Luhan looked at the sleeping male and smiled contently, he brushed the male’s hair away from his face. If possible, he wanted to be the one who could see Sehun’s sleeping face. If possible, he rather that the both of them weren’t brothers.

In another universe, they could be from a Korean boy band. Sehun will be the youngest member and Luhan will be his older brother in name instead of being blood related. He hated himself for having these impure feelings for his younger brother, those feelings were wrong. 

Don’t get him started on how his heart fell whenever Sehun told him that he was dating. He tried, he tried extremely hard but deep down, he realised that there was no way any one could replace Sehun in his heart. It just felt so right for Sehun to be the one next to him, to be the one who hugged Luhan when he was sad, to be the one who catch Luhan when he fell.

Sighing, he lay down beside Sehun and observed his sleeping face. Sehun had really long eyelashes, maybe, he could spend the night counting his eyelashes. In this way, he could etch his younger brother into his mind.

Maybe then, he won’t missed him so much. Getting up, he placed a kiss on Sehun’s lips before pulling away. “Goodnight, Sehun.”

 

 

Sehun looked at Luhan who appeared to be on the verge of crying, this was the reason why he didn’t like the older male to send him off. No matter how many times he see it, Luhan’s crying face had never been one of his favourite sight. It was cute but then again, everything related to Luhan was cute but he just didn't like see his older brother unhappy.

Hugging him, he patted Luhan on his back. “Come on, I am not going away forever.”

“You have to come back,” Luhan reached up and hugged Sehun really tightly. This moment, there wasn’t anyone but the both of them. “I – You cannot forget about me.”

How could he? Sehun wanted ask, this male’s presence was always there. No matter how far away they were from each other, Luhan was always in Sehun’s mind. “Don’t cry so easily, what if you can’t find a girlfriend in the future.”

Luhan shook his head. “I don’t need anyone else but you.”

“Hyung,” Sehun whispered softly. Those words that made Sehun dared to hope, all those what ifs might – no. “You can’t – “

“Kiss me,” Luhan muttered so quietly that Sehun had thought that he imagined it until he saw the tip of Luhan’s ears reddened. Realising what he had blurted out, Luhan wanted to laugh it off as a joke but he didn’t want to wonder about all those what ifs any longer. 

“I can’t do that,” Sehun said and Luhan’s heart fell. Of course, they were brothers. What was he thinking, now they were going to turn awkward and perhaps, Sehun will feel that he was disgusting – “I can’t just kiss you now because this isn't the right time for it. Just wait for me, I will make sure to take you to some place where no one knows us and start anew.”

Looking up, Luhan’s heart fluttered. It wasn’t his wishful thinking after all. It wasn’t one sided on his side and he didn’t need to pretend any longer. “I will be waiting but don’t take too long.”

“I won’t.” Sehun promised, he had wasted too much time and now he didn’t want to waste what was left of their time together.

 

 

“I knew it,” Kyungsoo had his hand out. “Come on, you are the one who wanted to bet with me whether they will get together.”

“Hey – hey, they aren’t official together yet. So this bet is off.” Jongin shook his head, giving Sehun a glare. He was happy that his friend was able to get together with Luhan. It might be wrong but if they were happy, who was he to fault them?

“Now you are refusing to own up. I should have known.” Kyungsoo nodded in his head as though Jongin’s impression in his head had been set.

“You – fine, the next time I am here, I will treat you to an all you can eat buffet.” Jongin gave him.

“How am I supposed to know – “

Before Kyungsoo could get another word out, Jongin’s lips were on his. The tanned male had pulled back and looked extremely satisfied that he managed to render the shorter male speechless. “Since I have kiss you, I am going to take full responsibility.”

“Kim Jongin!” Kyungsoo just wanted to strangle the male.