37

Sweet Nothings

[wolf!luhan and vampire!sehun] + side pairings: kaisoo and baekyeol

 

 

 

1. 

Little Luhan was lost as he looked around the place, trying to get his bearings. He should have listened to his mother when she told him not to go into the forest at the back of their house. Then again, Luhan wasn’t one to simply listen to others. The more his mother told him not to, the more he had to do it. Being contrary seems to be his trait and it often got him into trouble, right now being the perfect example.

He sighed, knowing that his mother will probably ground him for the next one month. Which meant no television, no going out with friends and most importantly, he can forget about going out for stars viewing at night. Luhan tried one last time to sniff the air, trying to find a familiar scent that will lead him out of this forest.

“What are you doing?” A frosty voice shocked Luhan, he didn’t even detect the presence of another person which was almost an impossible feat. He tried sniffing the air again. No wonder he missed it, the scent was so faint.

“What are you?” Luhan asked, fully curious about this guy who didn’t smell like human nor wolf. He smelt different, it was a scent which he hadn’t come across before.

The guy didn’t answer but kept his gaze on Luhan’s face. Luhan wasn’t to be outdone as he scrutinized the guy. The guy was taller than Luhan and he had perfectly flawless porcelain skin which looked to be glowing under the moonlight. Then there were the guy’s eyes.

It was a dark shade of brown and it flashed red for the briefest moment.

 “You have pretty eyes.” Luhan bounced up excitedly to the guy, forgetting all about finding out what the guy was. “So pretty! I like it.”

“You are crazy.” The guy had avoided Luhan’s outstretched hand purposefully, making Luhan pouted slightly. “No touching.”

“No touching?” If Luhan’s ears were visible, it would droop as well. Making him resembled a puppy. “Meanie.”

“Wha – I am not.” The boy stomped his feet childishly, folding his arms. Not liking how he was made out to be the bully just because he didn’t like people touching him. “I just don’t like people touching me.”

“What are you?” Luhan asked him again, remembering what he wanted to ask. His eyes bright with curiosity and expectation at knowing a new species. Maybe the guy was an alien from outer space!

“Vampire.” The boy said after a while.

“Vampire?” Luhan cocked his head to the side cutely. “Different from human and wolves? Are you an alien?”

“Are you wolf?” The boy asked, a slight change in his voice. Luhan nodded, missing the change as well as how the guy had took a small step back.

“What is your name?” Luhan frowned at the distance, he didn’t like it. “I am Luhan.”

“I don’t like wolf.” Sehun said, making Luhan frowned even harder. “Vampire don’t like wolf.”

“Why?” Luhan asked.

“Because wolves are bad.” Sehun recited what the adults had been telling him. Not that he knew what was so bad about wolves except that the adults around him always had this special look on their face whenever wolves were mentioned. However, the little wolf in front of him was proving everything wrong.

He was too happy, too chatty, too – too everything but in a good way. It had made Sehun wanted to pinch his cheeks and tell him ridiculous things to see that sparkle in his eyes. Urge which he had forced down mercilessly because those were weakness which he couldn’t afford to show others.

“I am not bad!” Luhan pouted sadly, he might be disobedient at times and a little stubborn other times but he wasn’t that bad. “Luhan isn’t bad.”

Crap. Crap. Crap. The little wolf wasn’t going to cry, right? Sehun panicked when he saw the guy’s eyes glistening, there was something about not wanting the guy to cry.

“Okay! Except for you! You are not bad.” Sehun assured him, making the wolf looked up while biting his lips uncertainly.

“Really?” He asked in a small voice.

“Really!” Sehun nodded, closing the distance between them. 

 

2.

Luhan bounced up to Sehun when he spotted his mate, he was about to reach out when he remembered where he was. He was in the middle of a vampire social gathering and everyone else would be scrutinizing his every move.

It seem like hugging Sehun was out of question because this was inappropriate so he stopped in front of Sehun and simply bowed to him.

Sehun had expected Luhan to simply throw himself into his arms, he was about to raise his arms up when Luhan had stopped in front of him and bowed to him.

He narrowed his eyes, not liking this at all. Taking a few steps forward, he gathered Luhan and hugged him tightly. “I miss you.”

Luhan had circled his arms around Sehun’s waist, his face breaking into a smile. “I miss you too.”

They hadn’t seen each other for a long while and Luhan had craved for Sehun’s touch like a drug. His wolf had settled down happily, relishing in Sehun’s attention and touch.

“I miss you so much.” Sehun told him again, entwining his fingers together with Luhan. Everyone else was giving him a disapproving look which Sehun had shrugged off as though it was nothing.

Luhan felt Sehun squeezing his hand with assurance, he took a deep breath in and steadied himself. His mate was with him and he was the proud mate to the vampire’s heir.

He lifted his head up, baring his fangs slightly. This was war and he was game for it. 

 

3. [baekyeol's part]

“You are an idiot.” Baekhyun said to the male in front of him who had a silly grin on his face. “I can’t stand you.”

“Really?” The giant had jutted his lower lip out, his large eyes looking at Baekhyun. “I-I should leave then.”

“But you don’t have to leave.” Baekhyun continued hurriedly when he saw Chanyeol getting up. “I don’t hate your company.”

Chanyeol had given him an extremely bright smile, causing the vampire to look away because that smile was fatal to his heart. 

 

4. [kaisoo's part]

Kyungsoo smiled at the wolf in front of him, frustrating the guy even further. “Kim Jongin, fancy seeing you here.”

Jongin let a growl escape his throat at the arrogant vampire in front of him. The ing vampire who left him high and dry before taking off, the vampire who had managed to hook his claws on his heart, refusing to let go despite Jongin’s repeated attempt to shrug it off.

For the past one week, he couldn’t get it on with anyone and his head were only filled with Kyungsoo him off with his mouth. It was to the point where he had to pretend that he was pounding into Kyungsoo before he was able to find his damn release.

“ off.” Jongin pounded his fist into the concrete wall, making a dent in the wall. “Get the hell away from me before I lost my damn control and take you right where you are.”

Kyungsoo had smirked at him, cocking one of his eyebrows as though daring Jongin to try. With a growl, Jongin ran towards Kyungsoo and pushed him against the wall before attacking the guy’s lips. He bit down on the guy’s lower lips hard enough to break the skin, drawing blood.

“Stop playing me. Tell me you want it or just leave me alone – “

Kyungsoo palmed Jongin through his jeans, “I want you to pound into me so hard that I won’t be able to walk for the whole of next day. I want you to tie me up and make love to me – “

 

5.

 

Sehun sat at the head of the table with an impassive face, waiting for the dreaded meeting to start. He had always hated this meeting because it was extremely suffocating. Everyone had to watch what they said or risked being stabbed in the back at night.

Such were the ways in the vampire’s world who tolerated no weakness at all. Anything that would posed a danger had to be eliminated immediately.

“It has come to our notice that a mutt have imprinted on you.” One of them said with a sneer, his dislike or rather disgust for the wolves evident on his features. Sehun’s anger flared but he had managed to restraint himself.

“It was an accident.” Sehun managed to say nonchalantly despite his anger rising. “What’s done is done. There isn’t anything you can do to change it.”

“But you are supposed to marry with your cousin to keep the lineage pure.” Another one of the elders spoke up, earning nods from around the table.  “We can’t taint that lineage, your brother was dead and your blood line was the purest.”

Keeping his face void of emotions, Sehun looked at each elders in the eyes. He might be young but they knew better than to mess with him, having surpass many in their powers and accomplishing things that would normally take others ten or more years. “It has been done so all you have to do is to accept it.”

No one spoke, their faces were purposely void of emotions. Any form of emotions were a sign of weakness; weakness which other would take and exploit. “Your father will be most displeased.”

“This is between the both of us and it doesn’t concern anyone of you.” Sehun told them in a soft tone. It was a clear warning for them to not harm Luhan because he knew them. He knew that those elders would try their hardest to harm Luhan to break their bond.

“I meant it.” Sehun stood up to his full height, his aura intimidating. “Hurt him and answer to me.”

 

6. 

“What does love feel like?” Baekhyun had asked him out of the blue, causing Sehun to almost drop his paper he was reading.

“Byun, do you know what are you asking?” Sehun asked one of his oldest friend. A surprising question for a well-known cold hearted vampire who had long encased his heart in ice after the death of his mate.

“I just – I don’t know what is this feeling that I have now.” Baekhyun confessed. “I – I feel like I am cheating on Taeyeon because this was different with what I had with her.”

“Your marriage to Taeyeon was arranged by both of your parents.” Sehun reminded the vampire. “I don’t really think that you have love Taeyeon. Maybe it was like instead of love as you had thought. Vampires don’t do love and marriage is simply a means to gain power or monetary gains.”

“What does love feel like?”

“It is like the sun.” Sehun responded after a while, causing Baekhyun to look at him strangely. “There was this one time when I sneaked out during the day before I had matured. I took a step outside before going back into the darkness again. This was what love felt like, the sun ray was extremely warm yet it hurt.”

Baekhyun looked at the silly grin on Sehun’s face which disappeared as fast as it came. He would have thought it was the trick of light when the door was suddenly threw open and someone headed straight into Sehun’s arms.

“Sehunnie! I miss you so much!” 

“Sehunnie?” Baekhyun repeated, causing the vampire to look at him with a glare. The guy seem to have realised that someone was in the room and quickly let go of Sehun, only for Sehun to pull him back again.

“Spread it and you are dead.” Sehun warned him, only to have Baekhyun gave him a two finger salute before walking out.

“I will think about it.”

 

“I am sorry.” Luhan said apologetically, nuzzling into Sehun’s chest. “I didn’t know that someone else was in the room.”

“You don’t have to be sorry,” Sehun told him. “I like it, don’t mind too much about it.”

“But your big, bad vampire image will go down the drain.” Luhan pouted, letting Sehun dragged him to the chair.

“Big, bad vampire?” Sehun raised his eyebrows, causing Luhan to cover his face in embarrassment. “Am I really that scary to you?”

“Initially, yes but now?” Luhan grinned, pecking Sehun on his lips. “You are just a big teddy bear.”

 

 

 

*an: yes, another wips that is around in my folder. for this au, i actually have side pairings for it like kaisoo and baekyeol. comments are welcome! 

ask.fm