20

Sweet Nothings

[prompt: 3rd year Oh Sehun cornering freshman Luhan]

 

 

 

 

Once again, it was the start of a new school year. Looking out of the window, Sehun saw all the freshmen milling around. All of them looking around the school with bright eyes that was filled with anticipation and excitement, a rather cute sight if you asked Sehun.

A smile played on Sehun’s lips because those anticipation will be crushed once lessons began, those freshman will learn that high school wasn’t as exciting as what other made it out to be. He was about to walk away when he spotted him.

It made Sehun paused for a while, his eyes locked onto the male. He had made it a rule that touching freshman was a big no but as people had said, rules were meant to be broken and Oh Sehun wasn’t one to abide by rules anyway.

 

 

Luhan gulped, looking away from the senior who managed to corner him. He sighed, he had already went out of his way to avoid him but he was persistent. Oh Sehun was bad news, everyone had known of his reputation in school.

Safe to say, Luhan’s world was miles apart from his. Luhan was the good boy, the boy who always head home after school, his homework all written neatly and handed up on time.

Oh Sehun was the rule breaker, the one who got into fights and often skipped school for the fun of it. He had tattoos on his arms, multiple piercings that scared Luhan. Everything about Sehun scared Luhan but he couldn’t help but be attracted to him.

However, Luhan couldn’t understand what Oh Sehun sees in him. Not to mention Sehun wasn’t into boys or was he? Luhan wasn’t sure either but he had known that Sehun always had girls chasing after him, all of them wanting a shot at him even though they had known that Sehun won’t treat them seriously.

Luhan refused to be another plaything for Sehun, he had his pride and ego. That was why he went out of his way to avoid Sehun when the male suddenly strike up a conversation with him. Instead of deterring him as Luhan had hoped, Sehun never gave up.

It went without saying that Luhan’s heart wavered because underneath the bad boy façade, he saw a glimpse of the real Sehun which he didn’t show anyone. He saw a boy with the sweetest smile, a boy who blushed when they got too close at times.

“Give me a chance,” Sehun leaned down unbearably close. “Give us a chance.”

“I can’t,” Luhan confessed truthfully because he had already predicated that he will be the one getting hurt at the end of this relationship. He didn’t want to be hurt, he didn’t want his heart to be broken and that was why he rather that he didn’t start anything at all.

“I know that you are scared but the future is filled with uncertainty,” Sehun told Luhan. “Don’t close off your heart just because you are scared.”

“I – I am sorry,” Luhan pushed Sehun away when the male hugged him tightly, refusing to let him go.

“I just need a chance, I can't promise you that I won't hurt you but I will try my best to not do that. “ Sehun promised him, his eyes solemn. "But if I do happen hurt you, I will do my best to make it up to you." 

“Just one chance and that’s it,” Luhan relented because he wanted a shot at this too. He might be hurt at the end but looking at how Sehun’s eyes lit up, Luhan felt that it will be worthwhile.