34

Are You My... 'Friend?'

 

Geummanhae* - Stop it

Nado mianhae* - I'm also sorry

gwenchanakoya* - It's going to be okay

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Soon, you four were going out, laughing and giggling. This happiness.. You of Geum Jandi. She's a friend. I know it. She won't backstab me... Right?

You jumped as the door opened with a bang.

"Omo, mianhae," Jae Kyung giggled.

"Aish, you always do that!" Ga Eul whined.

"I said, mianhae," Jae Kyung hissed, her eyes turning red.

"Now, unnis," You stepped between them as Ga Eul's eyes starting getting red. "Geummanhae, Gwenchana!" You giggled. They huffed, then Jae Kyung smiled and said, "Mianhae unni."

"Gwenchana, Nado mianhae." They both smiled. Jandi laughed.

"Wah, ~~~~-ah, you're gifted or something! It usually gets this emotional one and this clumsy one for-EVER to make up!" Jandi giggled as Jae Kyung laughed and Ga Eul pouted.

"YAH! Geummanhae, jincha! Aish.." Ga Eul blew her bangs up. Soon, you started walking in the fields. You smiled at them.

"I wanna get closer to you guys. Tell me, are you dating?" Jandi and Ga Eul looked down darkly as Jae Kyung looked at them comfortingly.

"At one point.." Jandi began.

"But we were..." Ga Eul began, before crying. You flinched. Was it what I said?

"Mianhae, Mianhae, we don't have to talk about it! It's all dongsaeng's fault, gwenchana, gwenchanakoya, Just stop crying," You said, taking out tissues and wiping her face quickly. Mental note: Be careful with your words around Ga Eul unni.

Soon, she stopped crying. "Anniyo, Anniyo, gwenchana. I just.. Am being emotional." She sniffed.

"Anni, unni, don't be so formal*!" You playfully shoved. "And it's alright if you don't want to say it."

"Anni, we'll say it. Right, Jandi-ah?" Jandi nodded. Jae Kyung, who had ran off, had come back with a bigger box of tissues.

"Alright, Let's start." She sniffed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*NOTE: When ~~~~ said, "Anni, unni, don't be so formal!" She was referring to the part where Ga Eul said, "Anniyo, Anniyo." In Korea, there's a few ways to say 'no,' like 'anni,' which is the informal way to say it (YOU SAY THIS WITH FRIENDS OR YOUNGER PEOPLE) 'Anniyo' Which is the formal way to say it (YOU SAY THIS WITH PEOPLE OLDER OR WITH A HIGHER STATUS OR MORE INFLUENCAL POWER OR SOMEONE YOU JUST MET). When Ga Eul said, "Anniyo, Anniyo," She was referring to the fact that ~~~~ was still Ga Eul's boss and Ga Eul needed to show respect towards that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We once never lived in America.

We once never knew of BEAST.

We only knew of the land called Shinhwa.

There were once five boys important to all of our lives. Four of them were called the F4.

The first member was Gyu Jun Pyo. He was and still probably is an arrogant jerk of a boss. He had a curly hairdo and thus, Jandi nicknamed him 'Worm-Head.'

The second member was So Yee Jung, a famous potter. He was a kind-hearted man, yet a big playboy. He was constantly with a new girl. He was the Casanova of the group.

The third member was Son Woobin. He was the toughest man there. He owned three of the largest mafia groups and is one of the biggest loan sharks. He was the Jon Duan of the group.

The last, final and kindest member was Yoon Jihoo. He was very 4-D, but was kind, especially to Jandi. He was the peacemaker and yet the troublemaker. He was able to pull many pranks yet the tricks were always for the sakes of the members. He was the .... Dumbledore of the group? Why....

Those four were heirs to some land and were wealthy from birth. They were called the F4 because they were also flower boys. Girls all over would visit just to see them.

Us two, Ga Eul and Jandi, were never given with power. We've been in the lower class all our lives. Soon, we were maids for a family, the Gyu family. However, that Gyu Jun Pyo was a jerk to Jandi-ah. You see, once, she accidentally walked into him changing and... Yes. You get what I'm saying. However, he never exactly told anyone, except his three friends. He bullied her, except for when the kind- hearted Yoon Jihoo stopped him. Yoon Jihoo was the only one who knew how Gyu Jun Pyo felt of Geum Jandi. No one else knew, not even Gyu Jun Pyo, who shrugged the feeling off as something else. However, Jihoo told Woobin and Yee Jung what he thought and those two agreed too. They made a silent agreement not to tell Jun Pyo and let Jun Pyo find these feelings out for himself.

Soon, Jandi here, being the short-tempered one, stood up for herself one June mid-afternoon. He wanted her to some ice cream that had fallen off his ice cream cone off his shoe. She took his shoe and smeared the ice cream, half-melted, mind you, onto his face and walked off. Ga Eul, who the F4 and Yee Jung knew of, had to wipe the ice cream off of him, since she was a maid too. By this time, Yee Jung had already registered the feelings he felt towards Ga Eul, and soon, Yee Jung blew up. Yee Jung told Jun Pyo off, saying that even though Ga Eul was a maid, she wasn't a slave and Jun Pyo had two good, pampered hands he could use. Yee Jung yelled at Jun Pyo these exact words -- Ga Eul smiled -- 'Stop denying yourself your feelings for Jandi! Soon, she'll be taken away from you and you'll never realize it! The love of your life will be gone and you won't even know!' Then, Yee Jung took Ga Eul by the hand and walked out. Jihoo had smiled sadly, along with Woobin, and walked out. Jun Pyo contemplated these wise words and soon, the next day, he asked Jandi out. And she agreed.

The next week, Yee Jung and Ga Eul were a couple too.

But in secret. The boys couldn't reveal it just yet.

The six of them were happy as children loved lollipops.

However, Yee Jung's words were true. Someone came to stop their happiness.

A group of eight people came to Shinhwa. One good and seven bad.

That one was Jae Kyung, who soon fell for Jihoo. She was happy and cheerful meeting him. She, unlike Jandi and Ga Eul, had money, wealth, power, and the ability to date Jihoo in public. And so she did. Jae Kyung was also cousins with Jun Pyo. However, unlike Jun Pyo and his family, she didn't use her power and status. She loved to make her own money. She loved cleaning, like a maid. She soon befriended Ga Eul and Jandi easily.

The other seven were, like I said, bad. Seven boys had come. One, the leader and wealthiest, was cousins with Jun Pyo and Jae Kyung. They were very close, like Jun Pyo was like with the F4. However, that relationship between the two boys crashed, because that boy had fallen for Jandi. He soon found out about the secret relationship and was heartbroken.

The relationship wasn't a secret anymore. Jandi and Ga Eul was accused of seducing Jun Pyo and Yee Jung and were banished from Shinhwa. Jae Kyung followed the two, furious of her aunt's actions.

We had heard that Jun Pyo learned that his cousin had revealed the secret. Soon, the two fought. His cousin and six friends left Shinhwa.

The F4 vowed to one day find us and protect us forever. But, their parents prevented that.

Now, here we are, waiting for them. We are raising up enough money to return to Shinhwa.

But we also learned B2ST is being paid to forbid Jandi and Ga Eul from returning.

So, now, we only have one option: Wait for the F4 to get us.

So, here we wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sniffed, crying with them. "Omo, those seven boys are so mean! I hope I never met them!"

The three smiled. "You have so much aegyo!" Jae Kyung pinched your cheeks.

"Unni~ But, tell me," You straightened up. "Who was that one boy who fell for Jandi-unni?"

They smiled remorsefully.

"Kim-- Kim--" Ga Eul almost started crying.

Kim Sunggyu.