01

Are You My... 'Friend?'

"Umma? Appa? UMMA! APPA!" You screamed, shaking uncontrollably. You were 10 years old.

"~~~~-ah... Please... Don't come closer..." Your umma and appa were on the floor trying hard to breathe.

"U-Umma... Don't leave me... You're my only hope left to live..." Then you turned to your appa. "A-appa... Don't go... Umma and appa, you need to stay with me forever! Wh-what am I going to do... alone?" Your guards were watching from the shadows in silence.

"You have Chibi... Aren't you good friends?" You nodded fervently.

"B-But umma... She's rich... I'm... I'm..." Your lip trembled. "I'm a poor prisoner!" You wailed. Your umma and appa were heaving. "But you'll be out in four years... You will be free... To leave..."

"N-No... No! Leave with me! Please, hold on for me! Don't.. Don't die.." You wailed again, watching them take their last breath before... They died.

Your eyes widened. "Umma... A-Appa..." You were shaking, then you fell to the floor, hopeless.

Chibi knocked on the door. "~~~~... If you want, I can arrange for them to have a funeral..." You gulped and nodded.

"Thank you, but no thanks, Chibi." She smiled brightly.

"It's fine! Once you come out, you can have a tea party with me!" She smiled happily. She then motioned for you to come over to the bars. You timidly walked to her, out in the flourescent lights. "Here.." She handed you a hancherchief. 

"Thank you. Where would I be without you, Chibi?" She rolled her eyes.

"Puh-lease. We're BFF's! FOREVER~" She sang.

 

Much, much later.

"Hey, Chibi!" You smiled at her and waved. She coldly nodded.

"What? Wanna play?" You jumped up and down. She curtly shook her head. Your guards were watching...again. You smiled. "Then... What?" 

"Come here." She hurriedly motioned for you to come.

"Y-Yeah?" You came. She suddenly started closing her eyes and said in a strange, hypnotic voice, "Listen. Us? Yeah. We're not friends anymore, we never met." Infinite suddenly stood up straighter, getting suspicious. "You only know me through my parents. You only remember me from the day you were imprisoned. I was sitting in my chair, watching you. You are scared to talk to me. You have trouble talking. You don't want to know me better. I'm nothing but a cold being to you." You suddenly woke up from the trance, then looked at Chibi, then blinked. "D-Do I know you? You're Chibi, right?" You timidly stood back. Then, she coldly straightened up and looked at ~~~~'s guards. Even though she was only 5 years old, she was so cold. Then, after staring at the seven guards for a while, she faced you again. "I do know you. We. Are. Enemies. Got that, ~~~~?" She turned abruptly and left. You stood back, stunned.

 

 

You sighed, thinking back to those two memories. "What's wrong?" Sungjong leaned against the bars of your dungeon.

"N-Nothing." You stuttered. He smiled at you. 

"Just tired?" He winked. "Want me to entertain you?"

"Yah, Lee Sungjong," Sungyeol glared at him. "We're guards, not entertainers. Just don't." He glared at you, making you flinch. He sighed.

"Whatever, Sungyeol, you cranky idiot." Sungjong turned to you and winked again. "Maybe next time," He whispered. You climbed into one of the bunk beds. There was a bunk bed and a single bed because there used to be three people living there. Used to be. You sighed and looked around. No one was doing anything, just sitting there, watching you. You glared at them, then pouted as they didn't turn away. Just an intense glaring contest. You got tired and fell into a deep slumber. You were falling. You were falling down, hard. But where were you falling into? Someone's arms. "Don't worry, ~~~~. I'll keep you safe." He murmured. You were falling again into fire.

"Where is he? I thought he would keep me safe," You whimpered. "Is he betraying me? Come back! Please!" You screamed in agony.

Sungjong and Sunggyu were looking at you whimpering in your sleep. The rest were flinching. "~~~~..." Sunggyu murmured. He just wanted you to be safe. Everyone did. Everyone loved her there, in her dungeon. They didn't worry about you leaving them, because you couldn't. Not yet.

 

 

When you woke up, you sighed and played with the few shadows in the dungeon by the small window. You missed the farm air, where you used to live before... here. "~~~~! Come here!" Your umma called you, waving her arms. You giggled and ran to her.

"Umma!" You cooed. 

"Want ice cream?" She picked you up in one arm and walked into the barn.

"Appa! I want blood!" You jumped into his arms once your mom set you down.

"Yah, child, too much blood and you'll be a wild beast!" He chuckled, then kissed your mom. You giggled and started playing with the shadows weakly before they were back to their original places.

"Umma~ Why can't I control them?" You pouted cutely. She pinched your cheeks. 

"Trying to practice? Well. practice makes perfect, my little munchkin!" You both giggled and she started tickling you.

"Umma! Let me go!" You rolled around laughing.

"Dinner's ready!" Your father sang. You ran to your chair. 

"Ew! Corn AGAIN?" You muttered, picking at it with your fork.

"~~~~--ah, you can't be a picky eater or no boy will ever date you," Your mother warned, taking a bite of her own corn. After dinner and a bath, you were in bed, with your umma and appa tucked you in. An hour later, there was a loud knock on the door. "Yes?" You umma answered. 

"You're coming with us." They pulled out handcuffs.

"W-What? Why?" 

"For stealing this land."

"But we bought it! I can show you the contract!" Your father growled.

"Everyone can always make a fake one!" They growled, knocking over tables and desks.

"We have an infant!" Your mother whimpered.

"Umma? Appa?" You wiped your eye with your wrist.

"~~~~! Get over here!" The officers took you by the arm and tugged you to the outside.

"Where are we going?"

"We really don't know." They looked at each other as they took off. The case was found guilty and you were given a 13-year life sentence.

"Why are we in here?" You looked around.

"We're.. On camp! For a few years.." They muttered the last part. Then, you looked outside. Seven men came in. They looked around 17 years old, the same age when a vampire stopped aging. You looked around and smiled at the people.

"Hi! We're in camp!" You looked at them thoughtfully.

"Who are you?" One blonde one smirked.

"She doesn't know. Should we tell her why she's here?"

"Nah, it'll get to her one day." The oldest looked at you and smiled. He crouch down to your height.

"We're your... Bodyguards! Its dangerous in these parts. What's your name?"

"I'm ~~~~! I'm 5 years old!" You proudly smiled.

"Really?" He chuckled.

"I'm Sunggyu." He patted your head.

One came down to your level too. He was girly. You looked at him. "Are you a girl?" You tilted your head to the side as the rest held back a laugh. The blonde one smirked.

"No! I'm a guy!"

"Prove it!"

"Um..." He stared at you, confused. You laughed. 

"You are a girl!"

"No! But.. How do I prove it?" You both tilted your heads to the side. The blonde one muttered, "Pssh yeah you should show her.." Sunggyu smacked him. "Oww.." He muttered. Then, Sunggyu looked at you and his eyes twinkled. "Just take it from us. He's a guy alright." He winked.

"Yeah. I'm Sungjong!" He smiled at you.

You looked around. "B-But.. There's too much bodyguards!" You wailed. Your parents had fallen asleep from fatigue.

"Well... Get rid of those two!" You pointed to a handsome one and the blonde one.

"YAH!" He yelled.

"Yah, go! She doesn't want you, Dongwoo, or you, L.." He snickered. You looked at him. "Who are you?"

"I'm Nam Woohyun!" He smiled.

"That boy is L. He's a weirdo." He pointed to 'L.'

"And that's Dongwoo." He pointed to 'Dongwoo.'

"That's Sungyeol." He pointed to the childish looking one.

"He looks like a giraffe," You giggled. Over time, you slowly became close with them.

 

You looked at them. "How come they didn't age?" You muttered, leaning towards the bar. Sungjong heard you.

"Babo." He flicked you on the head.

"I know, I know~ But shouldn't you be thirty?" You asked.

"If we were human!" Sunggyu flicked you this time. 

"I know that seventeen is the last age..." You muttered. You remembered watching your parents die at a 'young age.' You remember thinking Sungyeol was a giraffe. You remember seeing your captors.

"So she's the deceased prisoner's daughter?" King Jinki muttered. Queen Yoona bent down to examine you.

"Looks like them.." She muttered. She was so pretty up close. You couldn't believe she had ruled with her husband for fifty years straight after her parents were hunted down. King Jinki and Queen Yoona hadn't objected about their arranged marriage because they actually truly loved each other. Of course, you found their love story so touching, so you never talked bad about them, and you actually respected them.

"Chibi-ah!" Yoona yelled softly. Chibi, their daughter, came sauntering in.

"Ew.." She muttered, looking you up and down. She looked around at the guards lazily. "You're still here?" She smirked. Then, she looked at you. "What?" She sneered. You flinched back.

"You decide- Keep her here to serve out her deceased parents' sentence... Or let her go? She is innocent. She didn't do her parents' crimes." Queen Yoona looked at you pitifully.

"Why shouldn't she carry out her parents' sentence?" King Jinki muttered.

"No, she's innnocent!" Queen Yoona glared daggers at him. He rolled his eyes.

"Keep her in here. That's it, right? Bye! I'm going to Kikwang oppa's house." She bowed and left. King Jinki smirked and Queen Yoona sighed. 

"Let's go," She muttered. They turned and left. You watched them with sad eyes.

"I-I could have left?" You squeaked.

"~~~~," Sunggyu came over, but you looked up at them. By then, you understood about your jail sentence. 

"I'm fine." You feebly smiled, then climbed into bed.

 

Every day, you did the same: Eat breakfast, play and practice with the shadows, which was your way to burn off calories, eat lunch, practice, eat dinner, practice. Soon, a week later, you looked at the framed photos of your parents. Today was the day your parents died. Today was also the ninth year you were in here. Your eyes widened. Wait a minute... My sentence is cleared. I'm.. free?

"I'M FREE!" You thought.