Hurt Stops Here

A Different Kind Of Love

 

 

 

Hi Everyone,

So this is the second last chapter. The next chapter will be the final one  :(

I really am going to miss this fic but for those of you that haven't noticed, I've just started my second fic it's called 'The Silent Patient' if anyone is interested in reading it. Also a BIG thanks to some of the subscribers of this fic who have already subscribed to my second one :))

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

 

"BANG!!!!!!" a gun shot rang out.

 

Sooyoung and Lauren fell instantly to the ground.

 

"SOOYOUNG!!!" Jessica screamed out in horror as she ran towards her.

 

Sooyoung was lying in shock on the ground when Jessica crouched down next to her.

 

"Oh my god, you're bleeding. Soo there's blood everywhere. HELP!!!" Jessica yelled out frantically.

 

Tiffany and Jane then crouched down next to Sooyoung as well.

 

"I'm fine....... this isn't my blood. Jane, it's Lauren that got shot not me." said Sooyoung.

 

Jane moved straight over to look at Lauren. She had blood pouring out of her chest.

 

"I'm not going..... to make it Jane. I... love..... you Sis....." Lauren said as she began to cough and splutter.

 

"Stay with me Lauren. I know you can make it."

 

"I'm happy to......... go now....... Jane..... I got to .......... kiss Soo again....." Lauren said as she struggled to breathe.

 

The police already had an ambulance waiting nearby just in case something went wrong.

 

"Are you sure that you didn't get shot too." Jessica asked with tears falling.

 

Sooyoung then got to her knees and wrapped her arms tightly around Jessica. 

 

"I was so scared, I thought she was going to shoot you Jess. I really thought she was going to shoot you." Sooyoung said with tears.

 

"Well I thought you just got shot. I thought I was going to lose you...... I told you before, I don't ever want to lose you." Jessica said crying.

 

The paramedics then ran into the warehouse and headed to Lauren. Jane knew her sister was in a really bad way.

 

They began to work on Lauren.

 

"We're losing her..........." he said as he was pumping her chest performing CPR on her.

 

Jane watched on in shock.

 

The paramedic kept working on her and working on her until.

 

"I'm so sorry but......" he then looked at his watch and announced. "Time of death ' 7.19pm'." he said.

 

"Noooooo!! No......... No!" Jane called out before leaning over Lauren's body and hugging her tightly.

 

Sooyoung, Jessica and Tiffany just stared at each other in shock.

 

Tiffany then walked over to Jane and began to rub her back gently.

 

"Jess can we please go wait outside." said Sooyoung.

 

"Okay Baby." Jessica said as she helped Sooyoung stand up.

 

Jessica helped support Sooyoung as she walked outside slowly. As soon as they got outside the door Sooyoung collapsed to her knees and cried.

 

"It's over. It's finally over Jess. I know I shouldn't be happy about someone dying but........... she can't hurt me anymore. And she can't hurt you anymore or my Shorty. But Poor Jane...... I'm out here feeling glad about Lauren's death but what about poor Jane, she has just lost her sister."

 

"You're allowed to feel glad about not having Lauren around anymore. Soo she put you through hell. Don't feel bad about it." said Jessica.

 

"But her blood, it's all over me. Jess can you help me get all her blood off me........... I don't want it on me.... please, please Jess. I need to get it off." Sooyoung said emotionally.

 

Jessica knew Sooyoung was still in shock and didn't know how to cope with everything that had just happened.

 

"Has anyone got a towel, or a jacket, or even a blanket please." Jessica yelled out.

 

"It's everywhere." Sooyoung said as she tried to wipe the blood away with her hands.

 

"It's not coming off...... It won't come off...... please just get it off." Sooyoung began to pull at her shirt. She couldn't stand having Lauren's blood all over her, she began ripping at her shirt to try and get it off before she broke down crying again.

 

A police officer then handed Jessica a jacket and a blanket. 

 

"Thanks." Jessica said before undoing Sooyoung's bloodied shirt and taking it off. She then helped Sooyoung put the jacket on.

 

"It's okay now Baby, she can't hurt you anymore and I'm right here with you. I'm not going anywhere Soo, okay." Jessica said as she wrapped her arms as tightly as she could around Sooyoung who was still crying.

 

The other paramedic approached Sooyoung with some pills.

 

"Here, take these two pills. They'll start to make you feel better." he said.

 

"What are they?" asked Jessica.

 

"Your friend is in severe shock. She'll start to calm down a little after taking the pills." Jessica took the pills and water bottle off him.

 

"Hey my beautiful Baby, can you please take these pills. They'll help you feel a bit better." Jessica said as she went to hand Soo the pills.

 

Sooyoung put her hand out but it was shaking uncontrollably. Oh my poor Baby, thought Jessica.

 

"Here Soo, open your mouth for me and I'll put the pills in. Then you can have some of this water to wash them down." said Jessica.

 

Sooyoung immediately opened and Jessica placed the pills in . She handed the water to Sooyoung but she couldn't put it up to because she was shaking so much.

 

"It's okay Baby, here let me help you." Jessica said as she held the bottle of water up to Sooyoung's mouth and began to pour it in. Sooyoung then managed to swallow the pills.

 

After that Jessica wrapped the blanket around Sooyoung and began to hug her tightly again.

 

After about ten minutes Sooyoung began to calm down. 

 

She then met Jessica's lips for a gentle, short kiss.

 

"If anything happens to me right now at least you would be the last person I kissed and not Lauren." said Sooyoung.

 

"Don't worry, nothing else is going to happen now. Your safe now Baby." Jessica said as she her face gently.

 

"Oh that's right she's gone now." said Sooyoung.

 

"Yes Baby, she's gone now. She can't ruin your life anymore. Everything will be okay now." Jessica said before placing a gentle kiss on Sooyoung's lips.

 

Jane and Tiffany then walked out of the door. Tiffany had her arm around Jane to offer her support.

 

Sooyoung stood up as she saw Jane approaching. She outstretched her arms and Jane moved in towards Sooyoung for a long hug.

 

"I'm so sorry for what she did to you Soo. I'm so, so sorry." Jane cried.

 

Tiffany walked over to Jessica and gave her a hug.

 

"Are you okay Jess?" asked Tiffany.

 

"I'm so glad it's all over."

 

"So am I jess, so am I. Is Soo okay?" Tiffany asked.

 

"She'a a little better now. They gave her some pills to help settle her down."

 

"Yeah they just gave Jane some too. She's upset that Lauren's dead but she told me she can't help but feel relieved that she wasn't going to be able to cause problems for anyone anymore." said Tiffany.

 

Just then the paramedic wheeled the stretcher out with Lauren's body covered by a sheet on it.

 

"Excuse me Miss, would you like to say goodbye to her one last time." he asked Jane.

 

"No it's okay." Jane said as Sooyoung hugged her tighter.

 

 

 

                     -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

One Week Later - Lauren's funeral day.

 

 

Jane moved back to her house the same night that Lauren died. It was confirmed a few days after Lauren's death that it was in fact Lauren's gun that shot her and not the policeman's. As he grabbed Lauren, she accidently pulled the trigger but at that stage she had moved her arm so the gun was facing her.

 

Sooyoung had stayed at Jessica's house ever since Lauren's death. Jessica realized how lucky she was to have her girlfriend still in her life because as the police told them, if Lauren's gun was facing the other way then more than likely Sooyoung would of lost her life that night.

 

Tiffany was just about to leave to go to Lauren's funeral.

 

"Hey Soo, are you still okay with me going to the funeral?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Yes Tiff, I'm glad that you'll be there to support Jane. She'll need lots of support today."

 

"Well that's the only reason I'm going, for Jane I'm definitely not going for Lauren."

 

"I know Tiff, please send my love to Jane but there's no way I could possibly go to Lauren's funeral. The things she did to me and those close to me, well I'll never forgive her for that even if she is dead now." said Sooyoung.

 

"I understand that Soo and so does Jane. Well I guess I better get going." said Tiffany.

 

Once Tiffany left, Jessica hugged Sooyoung.

 

"I love you, y." she then gave Sooyoung a loving kiss.

 

Sooyoung smiled at Jess before they shared another kiss.

 

"Well Soo, you know what time it is. You must be so excited." Jessica smiled.

 

Taeyeon was finally being released from hospital. She had been given the all clear from the Doctor's to do anything she wanted to do again.

 

So Sooyoung was going to pick her up and they were going to spend the day together before heading to do some ice-skating for the night, because Soo promised her Shorty that she would take her ice-skating when she got better. Taeyeon had told Sooyoung that she had some exciting news to tell her.

 

"I can't wait to be hanging out with Shorty again, you know somewhere besides that hospital room she's been stuck in for so long." 

 

"I'm also really happy that my girlfriend doesn't mind me spending time away from her to be with my best friend." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica smiled back at her.

 

Sooyoung then pulled Jessica in for one last long hug before she took off to pick up Taeyeon from the hospital.

 

She walked into Taeyeon's hospital room and said hello.

 

"So I'm guessing your not going to miss this room once you leave?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"No not one little bit and I don't think you'll miss it either Soo. I mean you were stuck in this room nearly as much as me."

 

Sooyoung smiled at her.

 

"So my Mum and Dad already took all my bags home earlier. It's just you and I and my backpack. Shall we leave now?" asked Taeyeon.

 

"Yes let's do it Shorty." she smiled.

 

Sooyoung walked over and grabbed hold of Taeyeon's hand.

 

"Let's walk out of this room and hospital together." Sooyoung said with a smile.

 

The best friend's walked out together. Taeyeon was so happy to finally be leaving the hospital.

 

Sooyoung took her out to lunch. After lunch they hung out in the park for a while. Just after it got dark in the evening they headed off to go ice-skating together.

 

Sooyoung knew she wanted to talk some issues over with Taeyeon at some stage during the night. Mainly about Taeyeon's feelings for Sooyoung and the kiss she gave her in the hospital.

 

While Taeyeon had something really exciting but also upsetting to tell Sooyoung as well.

 

They were both enjoying the ice-skating so much. With Sooyoung falling on her many times as per normal.

 

"You know Sooyoung-ah the more you ice-skate the better you're suppose to get at it but......" Taeyeon smiled.

 

"But what Shorty?"

 

"After all this time you're still pretty bad at it." she said cheekily.

 

"Oh am I now. Well I might be bad at this but you know what I'm really good at." said Sooyoung.

 

"What?"

 

"Tickling you." Sooyoung said as she reached over to start tickling Taeyeon.

 

"No Soo, don't you dare."

 

But Sooyoung tickled her anyway. Taeyeon giggled so much that she fell over on the ice and accidently landed on top of Sooyoung.

 

Taeyeon went bright red then got off Sooyoung as quick as she could. Well I guess she does still have feelings for me because she just blushed when she landed on top of me and couldn't get off me fast enough. In the past she wouldn't off blushed if she landed on top of me, thought Sooyoung.

 

"Okay Shorty, we need to talk." Sooyoung said as she grabbed Taeyeon's hand and headed off the skating rink and onto the grass.

 

Taeyeon went quiet because she had a feeling she knew what Sooyoung wanted to talk to her about.

 

Sooyoung grabbed their things and headed off to an area where no one was around so they could talk in private. She spread out the picnic blanket then sat down.

 

"Shorty come sit down here right next to me." Sooyoung said.

 

Taeyeon sat next to her then said.

 

"I know what you want to talk about. I don't really want to talk about it Soo."

 

"Well I don't care if you don't want to talk about it. We're best friends and I want to stay best friends with you forever but your acting awkward around me and I want things to go back to normal between us." said Sooyoung.

 

"I know that you know about my feelings for you and how can we ever go back to normal now that you know about that."

 

"So you said you were aware of most things while you were in a coma. Do you remember anything from the night you woke from your coma?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I remember being so worried about you maybe trying to kill yourself that night after the things you said to me."

 

"Yes but do you remember something that happened before that?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Taeyeon just looked down.

 

"So you do know what I did to you that night." said Sooyoung.

 

"You only did it because Tiffany told you about what I felt for you." 

 

"How do you know she told me?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Well not long before that Tiffany kissed me and then she wanted to talk to you in the corridor and not long after you came back into the room, you kissed me."

 

"Shorty why didn't you just tell me that you liked me like that."

 

"Because you are crazy in love with Jessica and I knew it would probably ruin our friendship." said Taeyeon.

 

"Shorty it would take more than that to ruin our friendship. It's just that it's so hard for me to imagine us ever being romantic because I guess I just see you as my best friend not as a future girlfriend."

 

"I don't know if that makes sense to you but it has nothing to do with me not thinking your beautiful enough because you know I think you're beautiful. It's just you're my bestie. And besides you're way to short for me anyway." Sooyoung grinned.

 

"Haha so funny Soo." Taeyeon said sarcastically before smiling.

 

"Well I don't call you Shorty for nothing." she smiled then pushed Taeyeon in fun.

 

"Well you're to tall for me anyway. I don't just call you my Giant for nothing." Taeyeon smiled then pushed Soo back.

 

They both then got into a fun pushing match until they both burst out laughing.

 

"So Shorty, I must really be a great kisser if my kiss woke you up from your coma." Sooyoung teased.

 

"I woke up from my coma so that you wouldn't try to kiss me again." she grinned.

 

"You're so mean Shorty."

 

"But seriously though, thanks for kissing me Soo. You didn't really want to do it but you kissed me anyway, so thank you." said Taeyeon.

 

"It's not that I didn't want to it's just as you said before I'm crazy in love with Jess and if I was to be completely honest I think she's the one."

 

"Oh my god Soo, you really think she's the one?" asked Taeyeon.

 

"Yes I really think she is."

 

"Well I actually think she's the one for you too. Does that mean we'll hear wedding bells soon?" asked Taeyeon.

 

"Not yet Shorty, I mean I have no doubt that I would like to marry her someday but I think with all the drama that's been going on in our lives lately, well I think I'm just going to enjoy taking it easy with Jess." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Well since we're talking about all this stuff now. I think it's time I told you my news." said Taeyeon.

 

"I've been asking you to tell me all day."

 

"I know, but I'll tell you now. I was offered the most awesome job and I've decided to take it." said Taeyeon.

 

"Congratulations that's great. What's the job and when do you start?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Well the job is the painting restoration of a cathedral in Italy and I start next week."

 

"In Italy? How long are you going to be there for?" 

 

"Yes in Italy and they estimate anywhere between six months to a year." said Taeyeon who could see the sadness take over Sooyoung's face.

 

"I want to be happy for you, I really do but I just got you back again and now you're going to leave me." Sooyoung said with tears building in her eyes.

 

Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Sooyoung.

 

"I'm not just doing this for me. I doing this for you too. It's just I've realized our friendship is in some ways so close that we don't know what to do without each other. Soo we both know that's not good for us. We both need to learn how to cope without being there for each other all the time."

 

"Well not in person anyway. Of course we'll still be there for each other over the phone. But Sooyoung-ah most of all I'm the one that needs to learn to cope without you constantly in my life. I'm going to go out into the big world and spread my wings but I promise I'll be back eventually." Taeyeon said now with tears of her own.

 

"This is something you've always wanted to do. I'm happy that one of your dreams is coming true but you're my Shorty and I'm going to miss you so much. But I understand why you need to do this and I'll support you all the way. But I think you might have to buy a truck load of tissues for me to cry into after you leave." said Sooyoung ..........................