Fireworks

A Different Kind Of Love

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

Krystal and Amber turned instantly to look at each other when they saw that the kiss Jessica and Sooyoung shared was on the lips and not on the cheek.

 

As Jessica and Sooyoung pulled away from their kiss. Krystal quickly placed a kiss on Amber's cheek.

 

Sooyoung and Jessica completely oblivious to the fact they had just kissed each other on the lips.

 

The Ferris Wheel went around a few more times before they had to get off. Sooyoung went to grab Jessica's hand when they got off but stopped herself just before she did. This is so hard she thought. I want to hold my girlfriends hand, I want to kiss her and I want to hug her but I can't. I don't know how long I can keep this up.

 

As they walked away from the ride. Krystal whispered in Amber's ear.

 

"Hey don't mention to Jess that we saw her kiss Sooyoung on the lips. Not yet anyway." 

 

"So what were you two going to do next?" asked Krystal.

 

"Ice cream, I really want some ice cream. Do you want some Se.... Soo?" asked Jessica who nearly called her y.

 

"Yes of course I do." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Are you two going to come get some ice cream with us?" asked Jessica.

 

They both said yes at the same time. They walked over the next aisle to the ice cream van with Jess this time reaching out to hold Sooyoung's hand but having to resist. Once they all got their ice cream they sat down at a table to eat it.

 

With Krystal and Amber sitting on the other side of the table, Jessica took it as the perfect opportunity to show some affection to her girlfriend. She placed her right hand on Sooyoung's leg and Soo then placed her hand on top of Jessica's and then they interlocked their hands. The four of them talking constantly while eating their ice creams.

 

"So did you two just come by yourselves?" asked Krystal.

 

"No Tiffany's here and all of Sooyoung's other friends are here too. We're meeting up with them for the arena events at 8.30." said Jessica.

 

"So Sooyoung do you have a boyfriend at all?" asked Krystal.

 

"Oh no I don't have a boyfriend. I do have a girlfriend though." said Sooyoung.

 

"Sorry I shouldn't of assumed that you dated guys." Krystal said apologizing.

 

"That's okay." smiled Sooyoung.

 

"So is your girlfriend here at the Fair tonight?" asked Krystal.

 

"Um yeah, she is here somewhere at the fair." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica didn't like where these questions were heading so she changed the subject.

 

"So what are we going to do next?" asked Jessica.

 

"Amber and I really want to go on a few more rides before the arena show starts." said Krystal.

 

"Oh okay well Soo and I might try our luck on a few sideshow games then." smiled Jessica.

 

"So can we meet up with you all at 8.30 too?" asked Krystal.

 

"Yes of course, I'd be angry at you if you didn't." smiled Jess.

 

"Great, we'll see you in 30 minutes then." smiled Krystal.

 

They said their goodbyes and headed different ways.

 

"Wow that was so close Soo. I think Krys was about to ask you even more questions about your girlfriend." said Jessica.

 

"Yeah I know. This is so hard Jess. I've gone to grab your hand and I've wanted to kiss you but I can't." said Sooyoung sadly.

 

"I know baby, I'm sorry I don't know when I'll be ready to tell them about us." said Jess.

 

"But what I do know is that I want to kiss you so badly right now." Jessica grabbed Sooyoung's hand and went around the back of one of the food vans where it was dark.

 

She pulled Sooyoung in close against her body and kissed her slowly. The kiss got faster and faster and their lips deepened with each others until the kiss came to an end.

 

Jessica grabbed both of Sooyoung's hands to hold and them while she began talking.

 

"So what do you think of my sister?" asked Jessica.

 

"She's really nice but you never mentioned that she dated girls. How come it's alright for her but not for you to date girls?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Oh no, she doesn't date girls. Amber's her good friend." smiled Jessica.

 

Sooyoung went quiet and looked down towards the ground.

 

Jessica gently placed her hand under Soo's chin and moved it back up to face her.

 

"What's wrong, y?" Jessica asked.

 

"Nothing it's just, I really thought that Krystal and Amber were a couple. Are you sure there not? I mean have you seen the way they look at each other?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"No, I havn't really noticed the way they look at each other. But Krystal's got a boyfriend, he comes to all our family events." said Jessica.

 

"Well I guess I'm wrong about them then." said Sooyoung.

 

"And to think you were able to tell that I liked you because of the way I looked at you. You must be losing your touch seeing as you thought Krystal was with Amber." Jessica smiled.

 

"Well I'm going to blame you for that. You're making my eyes not be able to notice things anymore cause my eyes are too busy staring at you." she smiled.

 

"That's not a bad thing though is it?" she said while meeting Sooyoung's lips with a soft, sensual kiss.

 

"Hey, you need to get that look out of your eye Cutey." smiled Sooyoung.

 

"What look?" asked Jessica.

 

"You've got that y look in your eye that you get when you want to make love and well this is neither the time or the place for that." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica laughed. "Really you could tell by looking in my eyes?"

 

"Yep." smiled Sooyoung.

 

"Wow, maybe you have still got the touch because that's exactly what I feel like doing right now. But don't worry I know we can't do it here." smiled Jessica.

 

But the truth was that even though Jessica really was wanting to make love with Sooyoung right now there's no way she would. Besides the fact they were at the Fair right now, the two of them hadn't made love since the one time they did after the whole Nicole thing. Even that time Sooyoung made love to her and Jessica had never done it to Soo since Nicole had with her. Jessica knew her girlfriend still wasn't ready to, so whenever their kissing became too hot and steamy, Jess would just hug Sooyoung so that her girlfriend wouldn't feel pressured to make love to her.

 

"Jess you know when we meet the others at the arena that I'm not going to be able to sit next to you right?" said Sooyoung.

 

"Why not?"

 

"There's no way I could sit through the arena show and fireworks without holding your hand or kissing you, and you don't want Krystal and Amber to see that so I won't be able to sit next to you." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica felt sad that she wouldn't be able to sit next to her girlfriend but she knew that Sooyoung was right. They wouldn't be able to keep their hands off each other if they sat together.

 

"That totally . Why can't my family be like your family then we could sit together and not have to worry about what anyone thought." said Jessica.

 

Sooyoung tucked Jessica's hair behind her ears.

 

"One day Cutey. One day we'll be able to do that." she then kissed Jessica's lips softly.

 

"But in the meantime I'm going to have so much fun trying to make you jealous at the arena." Sooyoung smiled cheekily.

 

"What!"

 

"Well I'll need to snuggle up to someone during the show and fireworks." smiled Sooyoung.

 

"We've already had a fight about you with your arms on someone else tonight. Are you looking for another fight?" asked Jessica.

 

"But you look so cute when you get so jealous. So it might be worth the fight to see your cuteness." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Really? Well we'll see about that." said Jessica.

 

"Or you could just tell your sister about us and then we could snuggle together and kiss during the fireworks."

 

"Soo please, I can't do that yet." said Jessica.

 

"Fine, whatever but we really need to go meet up with the others now." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica knew Sooyoung was upset that they wouldn't be able to share their feelings openly in front of Krystal and Amber.

 

"Okay but wait." said Jessica.

 

She grabbed Sooyoung's hand and it. "I love you, you know that right? I'm sorry we have to pretend we're not together in front of my sister." she kissed Sooyoung lovingly.

 

Sooyoung smiled. "I love you a little bit too."

 

"Just a little bit, hey?" asked Jessica.

 

Sooyoung nodded then grabbed Jessica's hand to hold as they walked towards the arena. She then let go of Jessica's hand once she realized she wasn't suppose to hold it anymore.

 

Jessica giggled.

 

"See that's why I can't sit next to you at the arena." Sooyoung smiled.

 

As they nearly reached the arena.

 

"Are we late? It's looks like everyone is already waiting." said Jessica.

 

"We are about 5 minutes late. Oops oh well." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Krystal and Amber were already waiting with all the other girls.

 

Tiffany introduced Krystal and Amber to them all and they continued talking while waiting for Jessica and Sooyoung.

 

"So which one is Sooyoung's girlfriend?" Krystal asked Tiffany.

 

"Huh?" said Tiffany in surprise.

 

"When we spoke to them earlier, Sooyoung said her girlfriend was here tonight. So I assumed she would be watching the arena events with her." said Krystal.

 

"Oh....."

 

Before Tiffany could finish her answer Jessica and Sooyoung turned up.

 

"Okay let's go find somewhere to sit." said Sunny.

 

As they all made their way towards the seats. Tiffany rushed over to Sooyoung and whispered in her ear.

 

"Krystal asked me which one of us was your girlfriend but you two turned up before I could answer. What am I suppose to tell her?"

 

Sooyoung then spoke to Jessica about it. Jess decided that she thought Soo's fake girlfriend should be Tiffany. So Jessica filled her best friend in on all the details. But you can't do anything more than hold hands with her okay explained Jessica.

 

All the girls then sat down together on the arena seats. Except for Jessica and Tiffany who were a bit further away from the others still talking.

 

"So Soo and I can hold hands and you won't kill me." asked Tiffany.

 

"No, Yes well no I'll try not to." said Jessica.

 

"Are you sure this is the way you want to handle it. You don't just want to tell Krystal the truth?" asked Tiffany.

 

"I'm just not ready to deal with all that yet." said Jessica.

 

"Well okay then but you better not go mad at me later for touching Soo." said Tiffany.

 

"I said I'll try not to. Could you please fill the other girls in on what's happening and that you're pretending to be Sooyoung's girlfriend until Krys and Amber go home." said Jessica.

 

While this was all going on Sooyoung was sitting next to and catching up with her bestie Taeyeon filling each other in on what they had been doing. They were sitting quite close to each other and were laughing all the time, this had caught Krystal's attention.

 

Jessica then sat next to Krystal. 

 

"Oh so that's Sooyoung's girlfriend." said Krystal pointing at Taeyeon.

 

"No that's not her girlfriend." Jessica snapped.

 

"What's wrong with you." asked Krystal.

 

"That's just her best friend. Tiffany is Soo's girlfriend." said Jessica.

 

"Oh my god really? I thought her girlfriend was someone else." said Krystal.

 

"Who Taeyeon?" asked Jessica.

 

"No someone else." said Krystal.

 

"Who?" asked Jessica.

 

"Um .... doesn't matter." said Krystal.

 

Jessica was wondering who Krystal thought was Sooyoung's girlfriend. She wasn't enjoying watching the extremely close contact that Soo and Taeyeon were sharing at the moment. 

 

Once Tiffany had filled all the girls in on what was happening she then sat back down in between Jessica and Sooyoung.

 

"Hey Tiff, why didn't you tell me you were Sooyoung's girlfriend?" asked Krystal.

 

"Sorry I was going to tell you eventually." said Tiffany.

 

Sooyoung heard what Krystal asked so she grabbed Tiffany's hand and held it.

 

Sooyoung you are going to be the death of me thought Tiffany as she looked at the reaction on Jessica's face when Soo grabbed her hand. But If I'm being honest with myself, it feels so good to hold Sooyoung's hand again.

 

Sooyoung then rested her head on Tiffany's shoulder. She couldn't help herself she wanted to stir Jessica up seeing as she wasn't prepared to tell her family the truth about their relationship. She snuck a look at Jessica after she did it, and there it was Jessica's jealous face staring right back at her. Soo smiled at her but Jessica just shook her head at her.

 

Tiffany then whispered in Sooyoung's ear. "Are you trying to get me killed or something Soo." 

 

Sooyoung laughed. "I'm sorry Tiff, I'll protect you from the jealous princess next to you."

 

The lights then went out all around the arena. The girls were seated at a small open stand in the back row. They picked the stand without the roof so they could see the fireworks properly. Sooyoung then whispered to Tiffany when the lights went out.

 

"Hey Tiff, is it alright if I put my arm around you. Because then Jessica should be able to reach my hand and hold it without Krystal noticing." asked Sooyoung.

 

"Of course. Lucky there's nobody sitting behind us cause that would look pretty strange." said Tiffany.

 

"Yeah like I was cheating on you with the girl next to you." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Sooyoung then put her arm around Tiffany's lower back. Even if Tiffany was just the joining piece in the puzzle for these two she didn't care because she was enjoying the closeness with Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung with her long arm began to Jessica's with her hand. This startled Jessica she looked at who's hand it was. She then saw Sooyoung's arm around Tiffany and started to feel quite upset until Tiffany whispered in her ear.

 

"She's putting her arm around me so that she can still hold hands with you." 

 

Jessica smiled at her best friend then grabbed Sooyoung's hand and held it tightly by her side so that Krystal and Amber couldn't see.

 

The girls sat through all the arena events and it was now time for the fireworks. Every year when the Fair had the fireworks, they would have 3 special red heart fireworks and whenever a heart was lit up all the couples were suppose to kiss. Jessica really wanted to kiss her girlfriend when the hearts lit up but she had her sister next to her. So she's was wondering what Soo was going to do with Tiffany when the hearts lit up.

 

Wow! is what all the girls kept saying as the fireworks lit up the sky. All except Sunny of course who had her ears covered and was looking down towards the ground. 

 

The first red heart was then lit up which meant all the couples had to kiss. Seeing as there weren't any other couples amongst the friends they all stared at the fake couple of Sooyoung and Tiffany. There's no way Tiffany was going to plant a kiss on Sooyoung with Jessica sitting next to her, she didn't have a death wish. Sooyoung looked up towards Krystal and Amber who were staring back at her and Tiffany. Soo wasn't game to look at Jessica's face.

 

Sooyoung then placed a gentle kiss on Tiffany's forehead.

 

"That was such a weak effort you two." said Krystal.

 

"Why?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Because you're suppose to kiss on the lips and it's suppose to be long." smiled Krystal.

 

Sooyoung then looked at Jessica. She was wondering what Jessica would want her to do when the second heart was lit up. Should she kiss Tiffany on the lips to not give themselves away or would Jessica kill her for doing that. Jessica's face wasn't looking very happy.

 

More colourful fireworks shot up into the sky. Then the second red heart lit up. Once again all the girls staring at Tiffany and Sooyoung. This time Sooyoung leant in and kissed Tiffany on the cheek.

 

"No way, that doesn't count you two. And you call yourselves a couple." smiled Krystal.

 

"There's still one more heart to go. We're saving our best kiss for last." Sooyoung smiled at Krystal.

 

What the hell thought Jessica. Is Sooyoung seriously going to kiss Tiffany on the lips for a long time for the final heart. No way, she can't do that but then again it's my fault that my girlfriend and best friend are in this awkward situation right now.

 

This time more and more pretty fireworks took off into the night sky. Jessica wasn't watching the fireworks anymore she was just sitting there stewing and stewing over what was going to happen next. The thought of Sooyoung kissing Tiffany was just too much for her to bear. 

 

"Can you please ask Soo to sit next to me now?" Jessica asked Tiffany.

 

Tiffany told Sooyoung. She was wondering why Jessica wanted her to sit next to her now but she swapped spots with Tiffany anyway.

 

Before Sooyoung could ask Jessica why she had to swap spots the third heart was lit up. As she went to turn her head towards Tiffany. Jessica gently pulled Sooyoung's face back towards her.

 

Jessica leant in closer to Sooyoung and she began to kiss her soft lips lovingly.

 

Sooyoung was so shocked at Jessica kissing her but she just went with it anyway cause she was really enjoying this special kiss with her girlfriend.

 

Jessica knew that her secret would now be out with her sister sitting right next to her so she thought she may as well make the kiss worth while so she shared an extra special and extremely long kiss with her girlfriend.

 

Krystal just stared at her sister with a big smile on her face.

 

Once they finally pulled away from their kiss, Sooyoung just stared lovingly into Jessica's eyes. She couldn't believe Jess had just kissed her like that in front of her sister.

 

Jessica could see the love in Sooyoung's eyes right at that moment. She then Sooyoung's face gently.

 

"See I told you that I love you." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung gave Jess a sweet, short kiss. "I love you too, Cutey." she smiled.

 

Jessica then turned to face her sister Krystal. Jess was surprised to see her sister staring at her with a huge smile on her face. Krystal then gave Jessica a big hug.

 

"I'm so happy for you Sis." Krystal smiled.

 

"I thought you'd be upset at me." said Jessica.

 

"You're in love Jess. Why would I be upset at you for that?" asked Krystal.

 

"Because Sooyoung is a girl and not a guy." said Jessica.

 

"As long as you love her what does it matter if she's not a guy." Krystal smiled.

 

"I'm more worried about the fact that you made out Sooyoung was Tiffany's girlfriend when it was so obvious that she was yours." asked Krystal.

 

"Why was it obvious?" asked Jessica.

 

"Well for starters you kissed each other on the lips at the top of the ferris wheel."

 

"Oh my god, we did didn't we." Jessica then turned to Soo.

 

"Did you realise we kissed each other on the lips on the ferris wheel?" asked Jessica.

 

Sooyoung just looked at her in shock.

 

"Oops we did." said Sooyoung.

 

"Not just that though Jess. The way you two look at each other is not the same way that friends look at each other." smiled Krystal.

 

"So you already guessed that Sooyoung was my girlfriend?" asked Jessica.

 

"Well yeah, we were just waiting for you to tell us." said Krystal.

 

"I'm so happy that you're not judging me for having a girlfriend." said Jessica.

 

"I wouldn't of judged you anyway."

 

"Maybe not, but Mum and Dad will so can you please not tell them Krys, Please." asked Jessica.

 

"I won't tell them I promise, but I really think you should tell them though." said Krystal.

 

"Why?" asked Jessica.

 

"Because then it would make it easier for me to tell Mum and Dad about my girlfriend...................