Don't Leave Me Shorty

A Different Kind Of Love

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!" Sooyoung screamed out in horror.

 

Sooyoung dropped everything she was holding and ran towards Taeyeon, who's body was lying on the ground with blood covering her head.

 

Tiffany had already got her phone out and was calling for an ambulance.

 

Sooyoung could see her best friend was not moving. She tried to look for a heart beat but she was in so much shock and panic that she was shaking and couldn't find if there was a heart beat or not.

 

"Oh my god, don't leave me Shorty......... Please don't leave me.....Help her!!!! Please somebody help her!!!" Sooyoung yelled out in distress.

 

A young lady stepped forward and started working on Taeyeon.

 

"It's okay I'm a nurse. Did someone call an ambulance?" she asked.

 

"Yes they're on their way." said Tifffany.

 

The nurse did a few things to Taeyeon.

 

"Is she going to be okay?" asked Sooyoung while crying.

 

She looked Sooyoung in the eye but didn't say a word.

 

Jane had fallen to her knees when she saw it all happen in front of her. Oh my god, this is my fault I was suppose to stop this from happening but I didn't. I'm so sorry Taeyeon. 

 

Please don't let her die, please don't, she thought to herself. She was staring at the look on Sooyoung's face. I'm so sorry Soo. I could of stopped this happening to your best friend, but.............

 

Just then she noticed who was standing not far behind Sooyoung. Oh my god Lauren is here. What the hell is she doing here. Is she that sick in the head that she wanted to see Taeyeon die right in front of her.

 

Crap, what if she see's me here or what if she's already seen me here. How can she truly love Sooyoung if she's happy to take the life of her best friend. She clearly has no idea what love is.

 

They could all hear the noise from the ambulance siren getting louder and louder. Not long after that it arrived.

 

The paramedics got out and ran up to Taeyeon, then asked the young nurse. 

 

"Is she still alive?"

 

"Yes but she's not in a good way. I'm not sure she'll survive." said the young nurse.

 

Hearing those words, I'm not sure she'll survive was too much for Sooyoung.

 

She lunged forward and grabbed hold of Taeyeon's hand.

 

"I love you Shorty. Don't leave me....... I need you.... please don't leave me."

 

The paramedics did a check over Taeyeon.

 

"Do you know her?" asked the paramedic.

 

"Yes she's my best friend."

 

"Well you better come in the ambulance with her because I'm sorry Miss but she may not survive the drive to the hospital."

 

Sooyoung looked at him in anguish.

 

"No that's my Shorty she's not going to die.....(sob)...... she won't leave me.....(sob) ... Shorty...(sob}.... Shorty I love you. Don't go..."

 

"Soo, come on." Tiffany said as she wrapped her arms around her and pulled her back.

 

"My Shorty can't die Tiff.......(sob)......don't let her die......(sob).."

 

Tiffany eyes began to flood up with tears as well not only for Taeyeon but because she could see how broken Sooyoung was at just the thought of losing her Shorty.

 

"Soo, come on let's get into the ambulance. Shorty needs you." said Tiffany with tears.

 

"Yes Shorty needs me." said Sooyoung. But as she rushed to stand up she collapsed back to the ground. She had lost control of her body due to the extreme shock and stress she was feeling.

 

"Help me, please someone help me carry her to the ambulance." asked Tiffany desperately.

 

A man came forward to help carry Sooyoung to the ambulance. Once he helped Sooyoung hop into the back of the ambulance, Tiffany thanked him.

 

Not long after that, the paramedics placed the stretcher with Taeyeon lying on it into the back of the ambulance. One paramedic staying in the back with Sooyoung and Tiffany, the other one began to drive to the hospital.

 

"May I hold her hand?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Yes, of course you can." said the paramedic.

 

Sooyoung placed herself right next to Taeyeon and grabbed her hand gently.

 

A tear dropped from her face and landed on Taeyeon's hand. Sooyoung wiped it off then kissed her hand softly.

 

"I love you Kim Taeyeon........(sob)...... together forever you and I.... (sob) ....... right Shorty......together forever......(sob)..."

 

"We haven't done everything we planned yet.........(sob).......... stay with me..........(sob).......... please stay with me........"

 

Tiffany began to rub Sooyoung's back gently to comfort her.

 

"Keep talking to her Soo. Taeyeon loves listening to you. Please keep talking." said Tiffany.

 

It's time to be strong for your Shorty, Sooyoung told herself.

 

"Hey Shorty, do you remember that time I was coming last in that running race and you slowed down just so I wouldn't come last......(sob)..... you didn't want me to feel bad.......(sob).... about coming last......... You're the best friend.....(sob)... anyone could have....."

 

"Do you remember when I gave up on my dreams but you wouldn't let me.......(sob) ..... well it's my turn now.........(sob)... I'm not giving up on you and your dreams..........(sob)..... so many of your dreams haven't...... happened yet so.......(sob)....... you can't leave yet......"

 

"Don't you give up..........you hear me Shorty...... we have so much more to do together.....(sob)............ you need to be here with me.......... who else can I tell my time to get a new best friend joke to.....(sob)......... only you that's who....... (sob)........... stay with me Shorty.......Don't leave me.."

 

Sooyoung held Taeyeon's hand tighter.

 

"Please Kim Taeyeon don't leave me.........and when you get out of the hospital....(sob) ..we're going to go ice skating together again.......(sob)...... just like we use to...okay.......(sob)..."

 

"I promise I won't get mad at you..... when you laugh at me everytime I fall on my .....(sob) .......okay Shorty you can laugh all you want....I won't get angry."

 

"After that we can go camping together again.....(sob) ......... like we use to when we were kids........(sob)...... remember when I cried because I dropped my marshmallow into the fire......(sob)...... you thought that was so funny......... but I was hungry Shorty.......(sob)..... that wasn't funny you know..."

 

"And after you get better you can paint that picture of me......(sob)... I know I said I didn't want you to but....... (sob)...... I know you really want to paint a picture of me......(sob)..... I promise I'll let you okay......(sob)......"

 

"We're nearly at the hospital. She's a fighter your best friend. She's hanging in there." said the paramedic.

 

Once they arrived at the hospital.

 

"We need to take her in now. You'll have to wait while the Doctor's work on her. They have great doctors here they'll try their best. Just pray for her okay, just pray." said the paramedic.

 

They rushed Taeyeon out of the ambulance and straight through the emergency doors.

 

"I love you Shorty!!" Sooyoung called out as they took her away.

 

Sooyoung looked as if the life had been out of her. Tiffany tried to get her attention again.

 

"Hey beautiful, look at me." Tiffany said.

 

Sooyoung looked at Tiffany.

 

"You're a great friend you know that right. Taeyeon knows that and she knows you love her Soo. So how about we go sit in that waiting room and not give up on her, okay?" Tiffany said while wiping tears from Sooyoung's face.

 

Sooyoung nodded her head at Tiffany.

 

Tiffany helped support Sooyoung while she was walking to the waiting room. 

 

"Just sit here Soo. Can I borrow your phone. I need to call Taeyeon's parents. You've got their number in your phone right?" asked Tiffany.

 

Sooyoung nodded her head and handed her phone to Tiffany. 

 

Tiffany walked around the corner and kept walking until she wasn't within hearing distance of Sooyoung.

 

She made the dreaded phone call to Taeyeon's parents her Mum answered and was distraught, they were coming straight to the hospital.

 

Tiffany then called Jessica on Sooyoung's phone as well :

 

Brrrrrrnnnnnnngggggg!!!!!!!

 

"Hi y."

 

"It's Tiffany, Jess please you need to come up to the hospital now!!"

 

"What's wrong with Soo?"

 

"It's not Soo. It's Taeyeon she was run over by a motorbike. They don't think she'll survive. Quick come now! Soo needs you."

 

"Oh my god!" said Jessica.

 

"Hurry Jess!"

 

Jessica grabbed her keys and handbag and left her work immediately.

 

Tiffany then made another phone call. This time to Yuri :

 

Brrrnnnngggggggg!!!!!

 

"Hi Soo."

 

"It's Tiffany. Yuri I have some really bad news."

 

"What happened to Soo?"

 

"It's Taeyeon, a motorbike ran into her at the Mall. You need to get up here to the hospital." Tiffany started to cry.

 

"They don't think she'll survive."

 

"What?!!" 

 

"She may not make it Yuri."

 

"I'm coming now!." said Yuri in shock.

 

Tiffany then continued the calls one after another. She called Sunny, Seohyun, Yoona and Hyoyeon. She also called Sooyoung's parents who said they would be heading straight up to the hospital as well.

 

When Tiffany walked back to the waiting room. She saw that Taeyeon's parents were already there waiting with Sooyoung.

 

As Tiffany approached.

 

"Thanks for calling us." said Mrs. Kim

 

Tiffany just looked at them sadly.

 

"Have they come back out to tell you anything yet?" asked Tiffany.

 

"No, nothing yet." said Mr. Kim.

 

Sooyoung was looking down towards the ground. Tiffany knelt down in front of her and grabbed both of her hands tightly.

 

"I called everyone Soo. They'll all be here soon." said Tiffany.

 

Sooyoung just nodded her head at her. She still had tears flowing down her face.

 

Tiffany then looked back up at Taeyeon's parents.

 

Taeyeon's mother motioned at Tiffany to come over to them.

 

"She's not talking. She wanted to talk to us but her words weren't coming out. She's suffering shock, poor Sooyoung. Do you think you could fill us in on the details of what happened to our Taeyeon." said Mrs. Kim

 

Tiffany told them exactly what had happened and just as she finished telling them Yuri walked into the room.

 

"Oh my god, what's happening?" asked Yuri.

 

Tiffany explained everything in more detail to her. Whether it was shock or some other reason Sooyoung had not said a word since Taeyeon had been taken away from her.

 

Yuri approached Sooyoung.

 

"Soo, you saw this all happen?" asked Yuri.

 

Sooyoung nodded her head up and down but still didn't say anything.

 

Yuri walked over to Tiffany and said.

 

"Soo doesn't look well at all. Do you think a doctor could see her and maybe give her something for the shock?" asked Yuri.

 

Before Tiffany could answer Sunny walked into the room. She went up to Taeyeon's parents and gave them a hug and a kiss in support. She then crouched down in front of Sooyoung.

 

"Sooyoung-ah you're shaking, let me get you a blanket." said Sunny.

 

Sooyoung still didn't say a word. Sunny took off to find Sooyoung a blanket.

 

Yoona came running through the door. She embraced Yuri tightly. Yuri and Tiffany filled her in on everything.

 

"How's Soo?" asked Yoona.

 

"Not good, she's not good at all. She's not talking to anyone and she's shaking." said Yuri.

 

"I think everything is just sinking in with her. She knows Taeyeon may not pull through this and she doesn't know how to handle that." said Tiffany.

 

"So Jessica isn't here?" asked Yoona.

 

"She's on her way. Her work isn't that close to the hospital." explained Tiffany.

 

"Well maybe she'll talk when Jessica gets here." said Yuri.

 

"Maybe." said Tiffany.

 

"How are you coping Tiffany? I mean you've been dating Taeyeon. Are you okay?" asked Yuri.

 

"Um you know I'm doing okay. It kind of doesn't seem real." said Tiffany.

 

Sunny walked back in with a blanket for Sooyoung. She placed it gently around Soo. 

 

Sooyoung grabbed Sunny's hand and squeezed it tightly as a way of saying thank you for the blanket but still she didn't speak.

 

Sunny walked back over to the others and said.

 

"I'm really worried about Soo. Has she spoken to anyone since it happened?" 

 

"She spoke a little bit but she did talk a lot to Taeyeon in the ambulance but since Taeyeon got taken away she hasn't said a word." said Tiffany.

 

"Taeyeon was talking in the ambulance?" asked Sunny.

 

"No she hasn't been conscious at all but Soo still talked to her anyway." said Tiffany.

 

Jessica then came rushing into the room. Sooyoung didn't notice her come in because her head was still facing towards the floor.

 

Tiffany rushed up to Jessica.

 

"Soo's not talking to anyone Jess. So don't be offended if she doesn't talk to you okay. She's taking it really hard and keeping to herself." said Tiffany.

 

"Okay, whats the latest news on Taeyeon?" asked Jessica.

 

"They haven't told us anymore." said Tiffany.

 

Jessica then approached Sooyoung. She knelt down in front of her. She began to Sooyoung's hair.

 

"I'm here Baby." Jessica said.

 

Sooyoung looked up at her with tears still flowing freely.

 

"I can't lose my Shorty Jess. I can't......." she said as she burst out crying.

 

Jessica grabbed both of Sooyoung's hands and pulled her up off the seat.

 

She wrapped her arms tightly around Sooyoung.

 

"We just have to believe she's going to be okay, don't we. Your Shorty isn't going to give up easily now, is she?" said Jessica.

 

Sooyoung then wrapped her arms around Jessica as well.

 

"No she won't give up easily. Will she?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"No Baby, she won't." said Jessica.

 

The other girls were glad to see that Sooyoung was finally talking again.

 

Just then Seohyun and Hyoyeon walked into the room together.

 

 

 

                         -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Jane had made her way to the hospital. She knew she couldn't wait in the same room as the others but she was waiting in the next corridor. She was hoping to find out if Taeyeon was still alive or not.

 

She then received a text message from Lauren asking her to call her. So she did.

 

Brrrrnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!

 

"Hi Jane,"

 

"Why did you have someone try to kill Taeyeon. Why would you do that. I'm sure there's so many other ways you could of got her out of Soo's life. How could you?" asked Jane in anger.

 

"Would you just settle down." said Lauren.

 

"No, no I won't settle down. You're playing with people's lives here. Real people Lauren, it's not some kind of game you know."

 

"Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something?"

 

"Lauren we're talking about murder here. You know when you deliberately try to take someone's life. That's murder." 

 

"Well she's not dead yet. That silly man didn't do a very good job. Hopefully she won't last the night though." said Lauren.

 

"Hopefully she won't last the night........ would you just listen to what you just said. Most people want people to survive but not you. You want her dead."

 

"Why do you sound so surprised you knew I wanted her out of the way and you should want what's best for me not Taeyeon." said Lauren.

 

"And you should want what's best for Sooyoung and killing her best friend is not what's best for her."

 

"Stop getting on your high horse Jane. Soo will be better off in the end when she has me back in her life again.

 

Hell No! I hope you're never back in her life again, thought Jane. I failed at stopping her plan today. I seriously need to get better at this otherwise I fear that Sooyoung's girlfriend could end up dead just like how Lauren wanted Taeyeon to be. It doesn't sound like Taeyeon's going to survive but what if she does.

 

"So what's your plan if Taeyeon actually survives this accident?" asked Jane.

 

"I have back up plans but from what I'm hearing from my contacts it would be a miracle if Taeyeon survived.

 

 

 

                           ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Everyone was still gathered around waiting for news on Taeyeon. Sooyoung's parents and sister had also arrived in the waiting room.

 

Jessica was sitting as close as she could to Sooyoung and had both of her hands wrapped around one of Sooyoung's hand's.

 

Sooyoung's parents were comforting Taeyeon's parents.

 

The reality of what had happened to Taeyeon was finally sinking in with the rest of the girls now and they had all teared up and were offering support to each other. They couldn't believe that they may never see their friend alive again.

 

Just then a Doctor entered the room. 

 

"Is this the family and friends of Kim Taeyeon?" he asked.

 

"Yes we are." said Mr. Kim.

 

"Could I please speak to her parents privately." asked the doctor.

 

"Anything you want to say to us can be said in front of everyone here too." said Mr. Kim.

 

"Okay well if you're sure."

 

"Yes I'm sure." Mr. Kim said.

 

Sooyoung squeezed Jessica's hand tightly then looked up at the doctor anxiously.

 

"We just finished operating on your daughter and well we tried our best, we did all that we could for her but............................