The Kiss Of Life

A Different Kind Of Love

 

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

 

"I'm here Soo. I'm so sorry about Jessica. But I'm here for you." said Tiffany as she comforted Sooyoung.

 

"What just happened Tiff? Did she really just break up with me? What did I do wrong?" asked Sooyoung in tears.

 

"Yes she did Soo but I don't know why. It really doesn't make any sense."

 

"So you knew she was going to break up with me and that's why you're here?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"No Soo, I had no idea she was going to break up with you. She asked if I would wait around the corner because she said I would need to be here for you when she left but she didn't tell me why."

 

"I didn't see this coming............ I really didn't see this coming." Sooyoung sobbed.

 

"Neither did I, I can't believe it." said Tiffany.

 

"I love her so much and now she's moving so far away from me. She really must hate me Tiff."

 

"No Soo, I'm sure she doesn't hate you. I don't know what she's thinking right now but I do know she still loves you." said Tiffany.

 

"I can't handle this right now....(sob)..... I really can't. My best friend is in a coma and they don't even think she'll come out of it and now my girlfriend decides to leave me when I need her most. What now?  (sob)..... I want all this pain to go away. I can't handle it anymore. I've had enough......... I'm done."

 

"No Soo, you have so many other good things in your life. What about your family, huh? and what about your other friends? How would it make them feel to hear you talk like this." said Tiffany.

 

"But it hurts ............... it hurts so much......(sob)......... I'm sick of hurting........... (sob)............ I don't want to hurt anymore. I really just don't want to hurt anymore."

 

"I know Beautiful." Tiffany then cupped her face.

 

"But you still have me. I'm here with you now arn't I. Does that not mean anything to you? Don't you think that if anything happened to you that my heart would be broken also." said Tiffany.

 

"But you have Taeyeon now." said Sooyoung.

 

"Like you said Taeyeon is in a coma and we don't know if she'll ever recover. You know that I'm not over my feelings for you yet. So if you think nobody else cares about you, well you're wrong Choi Sooyoung. I care and I'll be by your side for as long as you want me to be. You got that?" said Tiffany.

 

"Yes, I got it and thanks. You're always here for me Tiff and well it means the world to me but...... I need to get my Cutey back. How do I get her back again?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I'm not sure but I'll help you as much as I can, okay?"

 

"okay."

 

 

 

                ------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Jessica hopped in her car and drove to Krystal's house with tears streaming down her face.

 

I hate you Lauren, I f**king hate you. Why.......why did you just make be break my Baby's heart. What did I just do ........... I'm so sorry y but i'm doing this to protect you. I wish you could know that I really don't want to break up with you but I can't tell you, she thought.

 

She pulled up at her Sister's house and ran to the door. She knocked as hard as she could until Krystal opened the door.

 

Krystal could see the tears running down Jesscia's face.

 

"What's wrong Jess? What happened?"

 

Krystal wrapped her arms around Jess.

 

Jessica was crying so much that she found it to hard to speak.

 

"Did Taeyeon pass away?" she asked.

 

"No....... I just....(sob)..... broke up with Sooyoung....."

 

"What!!! You two broke up........ why did you break up?" Krystal asked.

 

"I've got a new job........(sob)..... in New York....I leave tomorrow.....(sob) ........ so I broke up with her."

 

"What, your leaving...... why didn't you tell me? Why are you taking a job in New York when the girl you're crazy in love with is right here?"

 

"It's an opportunity......that's to good to knock back  (sob)...."

 

"That's crap and you know it Jess. Look at you, if it was such a great opportunity for you then you wouldn't be here with me now crying your eyes out because you broke up with your girlfriend who you love so much." said Krystal.

 

Jessica didn't know what to say.

 

"Why would you even think about leaving Sooyoung right now. I can't believe you Jess with everything Soo's been through in her past and now with her best freind still in a coma, you decide to walk out on her. I can't believe you, I really can't." Krystal said angrily.

 

Everyone hates me. I can't even tell anyone that I'm doing this for Sooyoung's safety. 

 

"Why didn't you tell me about your job offer before you took it? Am I not important enough to you?" asked Krystal.

 

"Of course you are. It just all happened so quickly. I'm sorry, okay."

 

"But your moving away from me. I'm going to miss you so much." Krystal said with a tear escaping.

 

Jessica hugged her Sister tightly.

 

"You can come visit me. I can pay for you to come over and see me whenever you want." said Jessica.

 

She continued talking with Krystal for a while before leaving her sister to begin packing.

 

 

 

                     ------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Sooyoung and Tiffany had made their way back up to Taeyeon's hospital room.

 

Sooyoung just sat in the chair with tears still flowing while Tiffany took Yuri into the corridor to fill her in on what happened.

 

Yuri couldn't believe they had broken up. She thought Jessica was so in love with Sooyoung. She was also angry at Jessica for leaving Sooyoung when Taeyeon was still in such a bad way.

 

Yuri walked back in the room and hugged her friend.

 

"Soo if you ever need me just let me know okay." said Yuri.

 

Sooyoung nodded her head.

 

Yuri stayed for a while longer. After she left Tiffany sat next to Sooyoung.

 

"I can stay here with you or I can go talk to Jessica. What would you prefer me to do Soo?"

 

"Could you please go talk to Jess. Maybe she'll tell you exactly why she wanted to break up with me." said Sooyoung.

 

"Okay but I really don't like leaving you by yourself right now."

 

"It's okay I'm not by myself Tiff. I got my best friend right here with me remember." said Sooyoung.

 

"Okay well I'll let you know if I find anything out."

 

"Thanks Tiff."

 

 

 

 

                         -----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

When Tiffany arrived home she walked straight up into Jessica's room. She opened the door to see Jessica packing her bags.

 

"So you are really leaving?"

 

"Yes."

 

"What the hell is wrong with you Jess. I know how much you love Soo, why would you take a job in New York. You're going to be miserable without her."

 

"Sometimes things just happen for a reason. This is now the next stage in my life."

 

"You're making the choice to go. It makes not one bit of sense. You're in love Jess, why would you throw that all away. You've never been happier and it's all because of Sooyoung but now your choosing your work over the girlfriend that's brought you so much happiness. Why?"

 

"Tiffany sometimes things are not always what they seem, right." said Jessica.

 

"What is that even suppose to mean?" asked Tiffany.

 

"I really don't want to talk about this anymore but...... as my best friend can you please promise me you'll take care of Sooyoung for me?" asked Jessica.

 

"How about you just not leave then you can take care of her yourself."

 

"Oh so you don't want to take care of Sooyoung now that you're dating Taeyeon you can't be bothered looking out for Soo."

 

"I can't believe you even said that. Of course I'll take care of Sooyoung but Jess it's you she wants. I can't heal her heart only you can do that." said Tiffany.

 

"Tiff I know you still have feelings for Soo and well it's obvious that what you feel for Soo is much stronger than the feelings you have for Taeyeon. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I'm just saying that.........."

 

"You're just saying what?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Soo's going to need someone and I want that someone to be you." 

 

"I already told you I would look after her." said Tiffany.

 

"No....... I mean she'll need someone to....... fall in love with again."

 

"Jess she loves you end of story. She won't be falling in love with me. That much I do know."

 

"She loves you Tiff. She might have that love burried deep down at the moment but when she's ready to fall for you again....... I want you to know that it's okay with me. If I could pick Soo's next girlfriend then I would happily pick you." said Jessica.

 

"Why are you even saying all this Jess? This is so not like you trying to set up Soo's next girlfriend. Where's the Jess I know and love that would fight off any would be girlfriend of Sooyoung. Where's that Jess gone?" asked Tiffany.

 

"She's gone because she knows there's no possible future with her and Sooyoung." said Jessica.

 

"But that's what I don't get. You and you alone are responsible for that. If you went up to the hospital right now and asked Sooyoung to be your girlfriend again, she would say yes in a heartbeat."

 

"This is all on you Jess. If you want her you can have her. Reject your new job offer and stay with the girl who makes you smile the most. The girl that gives you tingles in your stomach and the girl who couldn't imagine being with anybody but you." said Tiffany.

 

"I can't okay. I just can't." she said tearing up again.

 

"It's over. Sooyoung and I are over. We will never be again. So please can we just stop talking about it." yelled Jessica.

 

"Yes fine then, I won't mention it again but what I will say is.............. I thought I was suppose to be your best friend yet you didn't say one word to me about your new job offer. Was I asking too much in thinking that my best friend might actually discuss with me the fact that she's leaving me behind as well. Huh Jess." Tiffany said with tears.

 

"I'm sorry Tiff. I swear it all happened so fast. I'm going to miss you so much." she said as she hugged Tiffany.

 

 

 

The next day Jessica heading off to the airport.

 

 

 

Jessica's parents were driving her to the airport. They were so upset when Jessica told them the news last night. They couldn't understand why she would want to take the job if it meant she had to break up with Sooyoung.

 

Her Mum and Dad had been so happy with the relationship Jessica shared with Sooyoung because they knew she made their daughter so happy. Yet here they were not together anymore.

 

Krystal and Amber had already driven to the airport to meet up with Jessica.

 

Tiffany was at the hospital with Sooyoung.

 

"So she'd be leaving to go to the airport soon then?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Yes anytime now."

 

"I don't want her to go........Do you think if I went to the airport she might decide to stay?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I'm not sure Soo but if you think it's worth a try you should go for it, right." Tiffany said.

 

"Yes...... but...."

 

"It's okay I'll stay with Taeyeon for you. Now get going, quickly Soo."

 

"Okay, bye." 

 

Sooyoung got herself out of the hospital as fast as she could then ran to her car. She then headed off to the airport to try and stop Jessica from leaving.

 

Before Jessica left her house she went back into her room and grabbed the note from Jane out of the bin. She placed it in her bag. She was getting desperate so she thought she might have nothing to lose if she tried to contact this Jane once she arrived in New York.

 

Once Jessica and her parents reached the airport they met up with Krystal and Amber to all have a drink together before Jessica left.

 

Sooyoung asked at the information desk which gate the New York flight was leaving form. She then headed towards that gate.

 

She looked around the gate area but couldn't see Jessica anywhere. Krystal then noticed Sooyoung from where she was sitting.

 

"Jess it's Sooyoung. She's just over there."

 

Jessica looked over to see Sooyoung. Once she laid her eyes on her she began to tear up. My y came to see me, she thought. She automatically reacted by getting out of her seat and racing straight over to Sooyoung.

 

She wrapped her arms tightly around Sooyoung before she could even think about what she had just done. I'm not suppose to be showing her that I still love her, thought Jessica.

 

Sooyoung embraced Jessica as well.

 

"I've missed you Cutey." 

 

Jessica looked into Sooyoung's eyes.

 

"Please don't think that what we had meant nothing to me Soo. It's just this is the next chapter in my life and I'm happy to go." she said even though she didn't mean it.

 

"Are you really happy to go? Because I was kind of hoping that I could stop you boarding that plane to New York. I love you Jess. Please.....please don't go." Sooyoung begged.

 

The others were watching the two of them from their table. They were hoping Soo could stop Jessica from leaving.

 

"I'm so sorry Soo but this is what I need to do for me right now. I'm sorry that I hurt you so much when I said that I wouldn't. I don't expect you to forgive me but I'm sorry, I won' t be staying." said Jessica.

 

"But Jess, why would you want to walk away from the love we share. I just don't get it?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Jess knew she now had to be cruel so that Sooyoung would find it easier to move on from her.

 

"Because I don't share that love anymore.......... I don't love you anymore. I'm sorry but I just don't."

 

Sooyoung was shocked by what Jessica had just said. She just stood for a few moments before.

 

"Then why did you run over here and hug me when you saw me just now?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Well you're also my friend so I was excited to see one of my friends." said Jessica.

 

It finally hit Sooyoung like a big block of cement. As much as she wanted Jessica. Jess now didn't want her, she thought to herself.

 

"Fine, but I'm not your friend. Because none of my friends would even dream of treating me the way you have. And to think that you were the one that tried to tell me that not every relationship has a bad ending. Hope your dreams come true for you in New York. Bye." Sooyoung said as she walked away with a face full of tears.

 

Jessica found the nearest chair and sunk into it. Choi Sooyoung I love you and I am so sorry. Soo must think I'm such a b*tch. Jessica cried so hard her family raced over to her.

 

"So you're definitely going?" asked Krystal.

 

"Yes."

 

"What was Sooyoung doing here." asked Mrs. Choi.

 

"She asked me to stay but............(sob)..........I told her I was still going..(sob).."

 

 

 

             -----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Sooyoung drove staight to the park. She couldn't stop herself crying. Once she got there she walked over to the place that her and Jessica shared their first kiss. She just sat their with her head resting on her knees crying.

 

Two hours had gone by and Tiffany hadn't heard a thing from Sooyoung. She was so worried about her because Sooyoung wasn't answering any of her calls or messages.

 

She called Seohyun to see if she would come and sit with Taeyeon so she could try and contact Soo.

 

When Seohyun arrived Tiffany thanked her then took off to the place where she thought Sooyoung was most likely to be.

 

Once she parked her car, Tiffany got out and began to look around the park. She walked to the fountain first but she wasn't there. As she went to walk off again she could see a figure off in the distance not far from the pergola.

 

She walked closer and she could hear crying as she approached. Poor Sooyoung, I guess Jess still got on her flight to New York, thought Tiffany.

 

Tiffany then crouched down next to her.

 

"Hey Beautiful, what's all this crying I hear." she said as she Sooyoung's hair.

 

Sooyoung looked up at Tiffany.

 

"She said she didn't love me anymore. I wasn't ready to hear that from her Tiff... (sob) .... She doesn't even love me anymore....."

 

"Hey, I'm sure she didn't mean it."

 

"No she meant it. I just don't know what to feel anymore. What's real and what's not real. Life it's so hard right. It's just so hard Tiff."

 

Tiffany then flicked Sooyoung on the head.

 

"Did you feel that?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Yes."

 

"Okay well that means I'm real then. Hit me Soo" said Tiffany.

 

"No I'm not going to hit you."

 

"Go on hit me, I want to see if you're real or not." Tiffany said.

 

"No."

 

"Well then I should go because maybe I'm just imagining that you're here." Tiffany said as she got up and started to walk away.

 

The last thing Soo wanted was for Tiffany to leave her right now. So she got up and ran towards Tiffany and then tackled her gently to the ground.

 

"See I am real." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Tiffany smiled back at her.

 

"Do you know how long it's been since I've seen you smile."

 

"Well it was a one off don't expect to see another smile for a long time." said Sooyoung.

 

"Well that kind of sounds like a challenge to me." said Tiffany.

 

Tiffany then straddled Sooyoung who was still lying down on the grass.

 

"What are you doing?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Um this.." Tiffany said as she began to tickle Sooyoung.

 

"I'm not ticklish."

 

"Oh really, well then I guess you won't laugh if I tickle you here then" said Tiffany.

 

As soon as Tiffany tickled Sooyoung she couldn't help but squirm and giggle.

 

"I swear Tiffany Hwang if you don't stop tickling me now you'll regret it for the rest of your life." Sooyoung smiled at her.

 

"Fine then, I got you to laugh and smile so my job's done anyway." said Tiffany.

 

Tiffany then got off Sooyoung and stood up. She then offered her hand to Sooyoung. Soo grabbed her hand and pulled herself up.

 

"So are you going to head back to the hospital now and before you ask I didn't leave Taeyeon alone, Seohyun is with her." asked Tiffany.

 

"Yes I'll head back up there now. Are you going back to the hospital too?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I'd like to unless you want to be alone with Taeyeon."

 

"No, I could use some company right now." Sooyoung smiled.

 

 

Three weeks later.

 

 

Sooyoung had continued to stay by Taeyeon's side. Tiffany visited as often as she could.

 

Most times when she saw Sooyoung she could tell that she had been crying most of the day. Tiffany knew Soo was not even close to getting over Jessica.

 

Jessica had settled as much as she could in New York. Her new job was going well but once she got home after work each day she would spend most of the night in tears just thinking about how much she missed Sooyoung.

 

Tiffany came to see Sooyoung and Taeyeon in the hospital like she did most nights. Except this night she was sitting on one side of the room while Sooyoung was on the other side. She felt Sooyoung staring at her.

 

"Have I got food on my face or something?" asked Tiffany.

 

"No, why?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Because you keep staring at me."

 

"Oh sorry, it's just I was kind of thinking that if we were in a disney movie right now. Well in those movies if they get kissed by the one they love it brings people back to life and stuff and well............"

 

"And well what?" asked Tiffany.

 

"What if Taeyeon came out of her coma if you kissed her. I know, I know this isn't a disney movie but isn't anything worth a try right now."

 

"Um it's just."

 

"I'm sorry to put you on the spot Tiff, it's just it feels like my Shorty is slipping away from me and........" Sooyoung said when Tiffany interrupted her.

 

"Would it make you feel better if I tried it?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Yes but if you don't want to that's okay."

 

"Okay I'll do it then" said Tiffany.

 

"I'll leave the room if you want." said Sooyoung.

 

"No it's okay, you can stay."

 

Tiffany moved as close as she could to Taeyeon. She then leant over and kissed her lips.

 

I've never even kissed Taeyeon before. Maybe she'll wake up from her coma just to slap me across the face thought Tiffany. But if it made Sooyoung feel better than she thought it was worth a try.

 

But then Tiffany felt bad when she looked across to see Sooyoung constantly staring at her best friend in hope that the kiss would wake her up.

 

Tiffany knew it was now time to tell a secret that Sooyoung knew nothing about.

 

"Hey, let's go outside for a while." said Tiffany.

 

"I don't want to leave her alone." said Sooyoung.

 

"I just want to tell you something before I leave. I promise I won't take long and I can tell you in the corridor so you won't be far away."

 

"Can't you just tell me in here?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon.

 

"Um no I can't tell you in here." she said.

 

"Okay then, if it's quick." said Sooyoung as she kissed Taeyeon's forehead gently before she walked out with Tiffany.

 

"I know you feel like things are getting desperate with Taeyeon and well........ I think you really need to know something that Taeyeon never wanted me to tell you." said Tiffany.

 

"What is it?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"You're talking all about disney movies and the kiss of true love and so forth and well you need to know that I'm not the one that Taeyeon's in love with."

 

"Well I know that you weren't together for long and you hadn't confessed your love for each other but......."

 

"No Soo, my relationship with Taeyeon is not real. We were just fake dating so that the person that Taeyeon really loves wouldn't find out."

 

"What!"

 

"Taeyeon's in love Soo but it's not with me.............. it's you. She's in love with you Soo." said Tiffany.

 

Sooyoung just looked back at Tiffany in shock.

 

"That's not true. I think I would know if Shorty was in love with me." said Sooyoung.

 

"She only realized that she had fallen in love with you when you got together with Jessica. You were so wrapped up in Jessica that you didn't notice that Taeyeon had fallen for you."

 

"I still don't believe you."

 

"Okay well why do you think she got so drunk that night. It's because you had told her you wouldn't be able to hang out with her so much anymore. Why do you think she told you to go home and not stay with her that night, huh. It's because she loves you Soo. She loves you more than she knew she should." said Tiffany.

 

That stopped Sooyoung in her tracks because it all started to make sense now. All the things Taeyeon was saying to her when she was drunk and the way Taeyeon had snapped at her that night when she was talking to her about how she had made love with Jessica already.

 

Oh my god it's true. My Shorty's fallen in love with me.

 

"So do you believe me now?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Um yes, I do."

 

"Are you okay?" asked Tiffany as she looked at Sooyoung's puzzled face.

 

"Um yeah I'm fine. I'll head back in now. See you later." said Sooyoung as she headed back into Taeyeon's room.

 

She walked in and stood next to Taeyeon. She just stared at her lifeless best friend for ages.

 

What should I do. What if I kissed her and she woke up from her coma. What am I even thinking this is not some disney movie. She then sat back down in her seat.

 

I wish you told me that you had feelings for me Shorty. Now that I know it explains so much to me now. I get why you were reacting the way you did to certain things.

 

What have I got to lose. I should kiss her right. What if it worked. See now I'm just going crazy to even think that it would work. 

 

I don't have a girlfriend anymore so if I did kiss Shorty I wouldn't be cheating on anyone. I mean I don't have feelings for her like she has for me but maybe it's worth a try.

 

Oh my god Choi Sooyoung stop talking to yourself and just kiss her already.

 

With that Sooyoung stood up and moved towards her best friend. She began to her face gently.

 

"Would you like me to kiss you Shorty? Would that make you feel better?" Sooyoung said.

 

"I love you Kim Taeyeon." she said before she gently met Taeyeon's lips with hers...............................