Is It Really Over

A Different Kind Of Love

 

 

Hi Readers,

Sorry for the delay on the latest chapter. I'm really busy atm and will be for the next couple of weeks. I'll try my hardest to keep updating as often as I can. Thanks :)

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"We just finished operating on your daughter and well we tried our best, we did all that we could for her but we're sorry to inform you that we don't expect her to last through the night." said the doctor.

 

Everyone looked at the doctor in shock.

 

Jessica grabbed Sooyoung's hand even tighter. She looked at Sooyoung's face, she was just staring off blankly into the distance.

 

Sooyoung then turned to the doctor.

 

"Are we allowed to see her?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Yes but it's probably best not to have too many people in the room at once. How about no more than six people at a time." said the doctor.

 

"Well Soo, come on you go see her with us." said Mrs. Kim.

 

"How about you too Sunny?" asked Mrs. Kim.

 

"I think you three should go and spend some time alone with her first." said Sunny.

 

"Okay we'll come get you soon." said Mrs. Kim

 

Sooyoung then turned to Jessica before she stood up.

 

"Don't worry, I have a good feeling about this. Shorty isn't going anywhere yet. I know she won't leave me."

 

Sooyoung then walked over and took hold of Taeyeon's Mum's hand and they followed the doctor to Taeyeon's room.

 

"She's just in there." said the doctor.

 

"Can we touch her?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Yes just as long as you don't pull any of the tubes out it's fine. Her left leg is broken but it's the head injury that's the problem. We deliberately induced her into a coma to help ease her pain and to help the brain recover but we can't see the brain being able to recover from this." 

 

"She broke her leg? So we can't touch her left leg then?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Right now she wouldn't be able to feel her leg pain but normally we would put a cast on the broken leg but we didn't feel it necessary at this time because sadly, like I said we don't expect her to last the night." said the doctor.

 

"Doctor there's something you should know, this patient of yours is no ordinary girl. She's my best friend and even though you don't think she'll make it, I know she will. She's a fighter and could you please not give up on her just yet." said Sooyoung.

 

"Believe me I don't want to give up on her either. It's just you need to prepare yourself for her not pulling through because the odds are against her."

 

"So what are the odds if she does make it through the night?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Well the odds would be ever so slightly better but still I don't want you to get your hopes up." said the doctor.

 

The three of them then walked in the room quietly. Taeyeon's Mum and Dad were shocked to see there daughter lying there so lifelessly.

 

"I'll just stand back here while you have some time with her." said Sooyoung.

 

"Sooyoung we might be her Dad and Mum but I'm sure there is nobody she would want more with her right now than you." said Mr. Kim.

 

"Yes Soo please come over here and see her." Mrs. Kim said.

 

Sooyoung then moved closer. She began to Taeyeon's face gently.

 

"Hey Shorty I'm here. Did you miss me? I missed you." Sooyoung said as a tear rolled down her face.

 

"Your Mum and Dad are here too." 

 

"Did you want to talk to her as well?" Sooyoung asked Taeyeon's Mum and Dad.

 

"Soo please can you keep talking to her. We're just happy to sit in here with her." said Mr. Kim who also had tears running down his face.

 

Sooyoung then climbed up gently on the bed and layed next to Taeyeon. She gently put her arm around her.

 

"I love you Shorty and I'm here for you, just like all the times you've been there for me."

 

Sooyoung continued to talk to her best friend constantly. After about 20 minutes Taeyeon's parents decided to let some of the others come visit Taeyeon. 

 

Sooyoung offered to leave even though she didn't want to leave Taeyeon's side but her parents told her she was welcome to stay there as long as she liked.

 

Her parents headed back to the waiting room and then sent Sunny, Yuri, Seohyun, Yoona and Hyoyeon in to see Taeyeon. They had offered Tiffany to go in because as far as they knew Tiffany was dating their daughter but Tiffany said she'd wait until Jessica went in.

 

While their friend's visited the room Sooyoung still remained next to Taeyeon on the bed. The girls were all in there for 15 minutes  before they left the room to allow Jessica, Tiffany, and Sooyoung's family to enter the room.

 

Jessica walked in and stood directly behind where Sooyoung was  on the bed. She began to rub Sooyoung's back gently.

 

While standing there watching her girlfriend with her arm around Taeyeon, she felt helpless. She couldn't really do to much to ease the pain that Sooyoung was feeling right now, all she could do was offer her support, love and touch to Sooyoung and hope that it helped. 

 

Sooyoung then looked up towards Jessica.

 

"I'm sorry Jess but I can't leave her. I need to stay here right by her side until she gets better. I hope you don't mind but my best friend needs me more than ever and I'm not going to let her down." she said as tears rolled down her face.

 

Jessica wiped away Sooyoung's tears.

 

"I know Baby, I understand." said Jessica.

 

Sooyoung grabbed jessica's hand and kissed it gently.

 

They all said their goodbye's to Taeyeon not knowing if that would be the last time they saw her alive.

 

Jessica leant over and kissed Sooyoung on the cheek.

 

"I love you Baby. I'm going to go now. I think it's best if just you and Taeyeon's family are here tonight but if you think you need me here with you at any time of the day or night, just call me and I'll be here for you, okay." Jessica said.

 

Sooyoung then leant up from the bed and met Jessica's lips with a short, soft kiss.

 

"Thanks, I love you Jess." 

 

Jessica Sooyoung's face and then left the room with Sooyoung's family and Tiffany but before Tiffany left the room Sooyoung called her back over.

 

"Tiff, you know it's okay if you want to stay. I mean you are dating Taeyeon so her parents would understand if you want to stick around." said Sooyoung.

 

"Oh okay sure I'll stick around. I'll just go say goodbye to the others in the waiting room and then I'll come back." said Tiffany.

 

Tiffany knew it would look completely insensitive if she went home when as far as everybody else knew she was dating Taeyeon. This fake dating thing would now face its biggest test because she knew she was suppose act like she was with Taeyeon when really she wasn't.

 

A few minutes later Taeyeon's family and Tiffany came back into the room. The four of them spent the whole night together with Taeyeon in the room.

 

The next morning at 8am.

 

Sooyoung had not had one bit of sleep. The other three all managed to fall asleep in the chairs.

 

She stayed on the bed next to her best friend all night. She was to scared to let go of her in case her Shorty thought she had left her.

 

Tiffany woke up and walked over to the bed next to Sooyoung.

 

"Did you get any sleep Soo?"

 

"No." 

 

A doctor then walked in the room to check on Taeyeon. This woke her parents up.

 

"How's our daughter doing now? asked Mr. Kim.

 

"Well she made it through the night. We didn't think she would. I guess time will tell but please don't get your hopes up to high. She still could leave us at any moment so you need to be prepared for that." said the doctor.

 

"But she could also not leave us to right?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Um well she's more of a chance today then she was last night but we still have to remain realistic that her chances are not good." he said.

 

"I think she might surprise you doctor. She's not ready to leave us yet and I know it might take a while but she will get better." said Sooyoung.

 

"Well let's hope so. I'll keep praying for her." said the doctor.

 

After the doctor left, Taeyeon's Dad said that he would head home for a while. He was finding it really hard to cope with his daughter looking so lifeless.

 

Her Mum went to the toilet.

 

"Soo, you need to get some sleep." said Tiffany.

 

"I can't she needs me so I can't sleep."

 

"You can still sleep right next to her where you are now. She'll still know you're there Soo."

 

"But what if........... but..........." said Sooyoung.

 

"But what?" asked Tiffany.

 

"What if Shorty thinks I don't care because I've fallen asleep." said Sooyoung.

 

"Soo don't be silly, you're so tired that your eyes are just about hanging out of your head. Taeyeon would be angry at you for not sleeping wouldn't she. I mean you'll still be right next to her."

 

"I guess Shorty would be upset at me if i didn't get some sleep. Tiff could you please wake me if Shorty needs me?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Yes I promise I'll wake you if you're needed okay." 

 

Almost instantly Sooyoung fell asleep.

 

She was asleep for about three hours before waking. When she woke it was only Tiffany left in the room.

 

"Hey you, that wasn't a very long sleep." said Tiffany.

 

"Is she still doing okay?"

 

"She's still the same Soo." said Tiffany.

 

"Okay well if you want to go home that's okay Tiff."

 

"Well I might head home soon but I'll just wait for Jess to get here first."

 

"Is Jess coming?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Yes she's coming in soon she's taking the rest of the day off work and Sunny and Yuri said they'd stay with Taeyeon tonight so that you could go home and get some rest."

 

"No I'm not going home. I'm not leaving her Tiff. Not now not ever." said Sooyoung.

 

"But Soo you'll have to leave her at sometime to have a shower or grab a bit of sleep."

 

"No, I'm not leaving this hospital until she's walking out with me." said Sooyoung.

 

Tiffany didn't try to argue the point with Sooyoung she realized that Soo was in a very fragile state and she wasn't going to push her over the edge.

 

"Damn it!" Sooyoung said.

 

"What?"

 

"I'm busting to go to the toilet but I don't want to leave Shorty."

 

"Soo it's fine the toilet is just there in that door so you're not really leaving her." said Tiffany.

 

"Shorty please forgive me I really need to go to the toilet but I promise I'll be back. I love you."

 

She then kissed Taeyeon gently on the forehead.

 

"Watch her for me please Tiff."

 

"I will Soo."

 

She went to the toilet as quick as she could and rushed back when she was finished.

 

"See Soo, your Shorty was fine with you going to the toilet." said Tiffany.

 

Just as she was about to hop back onto the bed Jessica walked in the room.

 

Sooyoung felt an uncontrollable rush of emotion come over her upon seeing Jessica.

 

Jessica could see just by looking at Sooyoung's face that she was about to breakdown crying.

 

Jessica rushed over to her and they wrapped their arms around each other tightly. Sooyoung's tears poured out.

 

"I'm going to go now. I'll be in later." said Tiffany.

 

She knew Jessica and Sooyoung needed some time alone so she headed home after she said goodbye to Taeyeon.

 

"Baby I told you to call me if you needed me. Why didn't you call me?" asked Jessica.

 

"It's just I had to go to the toilet and so I left the room and I promised Shorty I wouldn't leave her but I did........" her tears continued.

 

"Hey Baby look at me. Taeyeon knows that you still have to go to the toilet. Please don't feel bad about it. I promise your Shorty wouldn't be upset with you." said Jessica.

 

She wiped away some of Sooyoung's tears.

 

Sooyoung then grabbed a chair and put it as close to the bed as she could. She then grabbed another chair and placed it right next to the other one.

 

Sooyoung sat down in the chair closest to Taeyeon. She reached up and held Taeyeon's hand.

 

"Jess, come and sit next to me on this chair." said Sooyoung.

 

After Jessica sat down, Sooyoung held Jessica's hand with her other hand.

 

The two of them sat there together. A couple of hours later Taeyeon's Mum returned.

 

Then just after seven at night Sunny and Yuri came to visit. Taeyeon's Mum went home not long after they arrived.

 

"Now Soo, you go home and get some sleep. Us two will look after Shorty for you tonight." said Yuri.

 

"I'm sorry but I can't leave her. I need to be here when she wakes up." said Sooyoung.

 

"But Sooyoung-ah, you need some rest too or else you'll get sick." said Sunny.

 

"I'll just rest here but I'm not leaving."

 

"Soo when's the last time you had something to eat?" asked Jessica.

 

"Um hmmm I don't know............... actually I think it was breakfast yesterday." Sooyoung said.

 

"What!! Soo I'm going to get you something to eat." said Jessica.

 

"Honestly Jess, I really don't feel hungry."

 

Jessica then cupped Sooyoung's face.

 

"I understand that you don't feel like eating but Soo you have to try to eat because you'll be no help to Taeyeon if you get really sick from not eating or sleeping. So I'm going to get something for you to eat and can you please try to eat it." said Jessica.

 

"Okay, I'll try." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica left to get food.

 

Meanwhile Sunny, Yuri and Sooyoung were talking about the fun the four of them use to get up to in their college days. 

 

The four of them use to spend their college holidays together because Taeyeon and Sunny's college was a long distance away from Sooyoung and Yuri's college.

 

Eventually Jessica came back with some food for Sooyoung.

 

"Here Baby, they only had a sandwich left." said Jessica.

 

"Thanks." Sooyoung said as she pulled Jessica down to sit on her lap because Yuri and Sunny were sitting in the other chairs.

 

"You can't be comfortable with me sitting on you like this and how are you going to eat your sandwich." asked Jessica.

 

Sooyoung then backhugged Jessica.

 

"I'm comfortable Jess." 

 

"But you can't eat your sandwich now though can you?"

 

"I guess that might be a bit hard." said Sooyoung.

 

"I should get going now anyway. Can you two make sure Soo eats her sandwich." Jessica asked.

 

Yuri and Sunny said that they'd make sure she did.

 

"Thanks for coming Jess." Sooyoung said.

 

"That's okay and please call me if you need me, okay Soo?"

 

"Okay I will."

 

After Jessica stood up, Sooyoung then stood up and held Jessica's hand. She walked with Jessica over to the door.

 

"I know you want to be here for Taeyeon right now and I totally understand that but you know I miss you right." said Jessica.

 

"I miss you too Cutey. I love you and I promise I'll eat that sandwich, okay." 

 

"Okay, I love you too and I'll see you tomorrow." said Jessica.

 

She then placed a short, soft kiss on Sooyoung's lips before leaving.

 

As promised Sooyoung sat back down in the chair and ate the sandwich.

 

 

Two days later.

 

 

Taeyeon was still in the coma and Sooyoung had still not left her hospital room.

 

Tiffany then walked in the room.

 

"Okay Soo it's been three days now and you're being such a great friend to your Shorty but if you still want to have a girlfriend you need to have a shower. I went and saw Yuri and she packed some clothes and toiletries for you." said Tiffany.

 

"Why did Jess complain that I smell?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"No of course she didn't but Soo you would feel so much better after having a shower."

 

"But what if something happens to Shorty while I take a shower huh, what then?" 

 

"Soo the shower is right there in this room so you won't be far from her and you don't have to have a long shower." said Tiffany.

 

"Okay then. So Shorty I hope you don't mind if I leave you to take a shower. I won't be far, just in there. I'll be as quick as I can okay. I love you." Sooyoung said to Taeyeon.

 

"Hey Tiff, thanks for bringing the clothes up I really appreciate it. I'll be back soon and please look after Shorty for me."

 

 

 

 

Nine days later.

 

 

 

There had still been no change in Taeyeon and Sooyoung had still not left her hospital room after nearly two weeks.

 

Seohyun had been taking care of Sooyoung's work so that she could stay by Taeyeon's side.

 

Jessica had continued to visit the hospital regularly to offer her love and support to her girlfriend.  She knew that all though they weren't spending a lot of time together, it was Sooyoung's wish not to leave Taeyeon's side and she understood that.

 

But unfortunately Lauren had just informed Jane that it was now time for stage two of her plan.

 

"What's stage two?" asked Jane.

 

"Well Soo is feeling down because of Taeyeon, it's now time to break her a little bit more."

 

"Lauren please I don't think Soo can take anything more happening." 

 

"Exactly so it's the perfect time for the next stage." said Lauren.

 

"Please don't tell me you're going to try to kill her girlfriend or one of her other friends."

 

"Well I thought long and hard about this and killing her girlfriend isn't the right way to go about this. I've come up with the best plan to get Soo to breaking point and if you stay here you'll know exactly what it is."

 

Jessica had made her way to Lauren's place, only thing is she didn't know it was Lauren's place. She was suppose to be meeting with someone for her magazine but Lauren set it up so that she could get to talk to Jessica.

 

Jessica then knocked at Lauren's door.

 

She got Jane to open the door in case Sooyoung had told Jessica about her because then maybe Jessica wouldn't want to come inside.

 

Jane greeted Jessica at the door and asked her to come inside. Once Jane shut the door and Jessica took a few steps forward Lauren walked over in front of her.

 

Jessica looked at Lauren and once she realized who it was she slapped Lauren across the face as hard as she could.

 

"That's for Sooyoung." said Jessica sternly.

 

Jessica then pushed Lauren.

 

"How could you do those horrible things to her, huh." Jessica yelled at her.

 

"You want to play with fire you'll get burnt Jessica." said Lauren.

 

"And what the hell is that suppose to mean?" asked Jessica.

 

"You think you're in love with Soo right?"

 

"I don't think I am, I know I am." Jessica snapped back.

 

"Well you can kiss what you have with her goodbye because one day soon she's going to be mine again." said Lauren.

 

"There's no f**king way that she would ever get back with you again." Jessica yelled.

 

"Oh really? See that's where you're wrong. So, so wrong." Lauren said smugly.

 

"There's nothing she hates more in life than you. And if you go anywhere near her you'll have me to deal with."

 

"Oh listen to you, so protective of Sooyoung, that's so sweet but here's what you need to know. Your relationship with Sooyoung is now over." said Lauren.

 

"Like hell it is. You have no control over that." Jessica yelled.

 

"Wrong again Jessica. I do have control over that." 

 

"I'm not breaking up with Sooyoung."

 

"Yes you are." said Lauren.

 

"You can't make me."

 

"I can and I will. Just so you know you've just scored an even better job in New York."

 

"What?" asked Jessica.

 

"You'll be leaving to go to New York. It's all organized for you."

 

"It doesn't matter how good the job is, I'm not leaving Sooyoung." said Jessica.

 

"Oh you're so funny, you act as if you have a choice. There's no choice. You leave in three days and you'll break up with Soo tomorrow. Got it?" said Lauren.

 

"No, no I don't got it. Who the f**k do you think you are. There's no way I would leave Soo ever let alone now with what's happened to Taeyeon."

 

"Well as I said there's no choice for you unless you want to see Soo get hurt." said Lauren.

 

"What do you mean get hurt?"

 

"If you don't leave I'll have Sooyoung killed."

 

Jane couldn't believe what her Sister just said.

 

"As if you would kill her. If you want her back so badly why would you kill her?" asked Jessica.

 

"If I can't have her then nobody else can have her either." said Lauren.

 

"Do you hear yourself. That's so f**ked up and I know you won't kill her." said Jessica.

 

"Oh I won't hey well do you want to find out do you? If you don't think I'm capable maybe you should think about what happened to Taeyeon, do you really think that was an accident?"

 

"She should be dead right now but the driver stuffed up. Sooyoung's already feeling broken now but once you break up with her it'll push her over the edge and well little me over here will be there to pick up the pieces." ................................