Close To You

A Different Kind Of Love

 

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"Yes and I'm guessing you must be pretty happy right now too. Because now that Taeyeon is out of her coma, Amber's Dad said we can now go ahead with our plan." said Jane.

 

"I'm so happy and yet so nervous about what happens next." Jessica said.

 

 

 

            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Sooyoung held Taeyeon's hand tightly as the Doctor explained to everyone that Taeyeon would need to stay in hospital for at least another week for them to monitor her.

 

"We do however expect her to now make a full recovery. She'll have to do some rehabilitation but the outlook is positive." said the doctor.

 

Sooyoung then smiled at Taeyeon and she shot a smile back at Soo.

 

Once everyone had left to go home. Sooyoung and Tiffany were the only one's left.

 

Taeyeon's voice had come back but she couldn't talk very loudly.

 

"Well Shorty looks like I'll only have to sleep in this room with you for one more week." Sooyoung said smiling.

 

"Please Soo go home to sleep tonight. Please." said Taeyeon.

 

"Why? Don't you want me here with you anymore?"

 

"I loved having you here with me every night but I'm okay now and you're overdue for a comfortable good night's sleep."

 

"So you knew I was here with you?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Yes most of the time except for when I was sleeping. I couldn't see you though but I could hear you and feel your touch."

 

"Well that's kind of embarrassing then. I did talk to you a bit too much. Sorry Shorty you must have got sick of hearing my voice." said Sooyoung.

 

"No Soo I didn't get sick of hearing you. I actually really loved hearing your voice. Being able to hear you and feel you helped me so much." Taeyeon said smiling.

 

Sooyoung smiled back at her.

 

"So you two please go home now and I don't want to see you back in here before lunch time tomorrow. Okay?"

 

"Okay then. I'll be here right after lunch tomorrow to see you again." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"I love you Soo, and Tiffany thanks for being there for Soo and for me as well." she smiled.

 

"You're welcome Taeyeon. I'm just so happy that you're finally out of the coma." she smiled.

 

"I love you Shorty. See you tomorrow." Sooyoung said as she kissed Taeyeon's forehead.

 

Sooyoung and Tiffany left the room and started heading to the car.

 

"I can drop you back to your car at the park Soo or drop you straight home if you want."

 

"Um would it be okay if I stayed over your house in Jessica's room." asked Sooyoung.

 

"Of course you can."

 

"Do you think Jess would be upset if I slept in her bed?"

 

"Well it doesn't really matter what she thinks seeing as she doesn't live with me anymore."

 

Now that Sooyoung had her Shorty back it just made her want Jessica back even more. So she thought if she couldn't have her back then being in her room and sleeping in her bed was probably the next best thing.

 

When they walked in the door. Sooyoung asked if she could have a shower.

 

"I'll grab some of Jessica's pyjamas for you." said Tiffany.

 

"So Jess didn't take all her clothes to New York?" 

 

"No she left a lot of stuff here."

 

Sooyoung was happy that she would be able to wear something of Jessica's. She had hoped that Jess would reply to the text that she had sent her earlier but she knew that obviously she wasn't going to get a reply.

 

While Sooyoung was in the shower, Tiffany received a message from Jane :

 

Hi Soo and Tiffany,

Would it be possible at all

to meet you both at Tiffany's

house tomorrow night so I can

fill you in on everything?

Jane.

 

Why does she want to come to my house, wondered Tiffany.

 

Sooyoung came out of the shower and Tiffany walked over to show her the text from Jane.

 

"Would it be okay with you Tiff if she comes over?" 

 

"Well it's just I know nothing about this girl and she already has my phone number and now she wants to come over my house. The only thing I do know about her is that she's completely hot and I can see why you wanted to make out with her."

 

Sooyoung grinned at Tiffany.

 

"Oh so you think Jane's hot, huh?"

 

Tiffany smiled at her.

 

"You like her don't you Tiff?"

 

"No I don't even know her." said Tiffany.

 

Sooyoung smiled at her again. She could tell Tiffany was quite taken by Jane's beauty.

 

"Okay Tiff, just so you know, Jane is Lauren's younger sister."

 

"What? and you were kissing her? Why would you go anywhere near her."

 

"Because she's Jane and she's not Lauren. Honestly Tiff please don't judge Jane just because her sister is an awful person. I was always close to Jane but after that horrible night I never got to see her again."

 

"But still, she could turn out to be just like Lauren."

 

"Jane sent me a really long letter after she found out what Lauren did to me. She apologized for what her sister did and she said if I wanted to report Lauren to the police for what she did to me, that she would be prepared to tell the police everything that Lauren had told her about that night."

 

"Jane has always been nice to me and well I really wanted to stay friends with her but she didn't want to see me again because she said it would be a constant reminder of Lauren for me if she hung out with me." said Sooyoung.

 

"But the two of you were making out Soo. Why?" asked Tiffany.

 

"She just came running up to me in the park and asked me to trust her. She said she had to kiss me and she seemed to be panicking so I trusted her and that's why we kissed but I really have no idea why I had to kiss her."

 

"So you two have never kissed before?"

 

"No, never." said Sooyoung.

 

"Oh.........."

 

"What do you mean oh?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"It's just the way you two were kissing......... well it looked like you were both really enjoying it, if you know what I mean."

 

"Well to be completely honest. When I was kissing Jane I actually kind of pretended in my head that she was Jess."

 

"Oh I see." said Tiffany.

 

"So I guess Jane will fill us in on everything tomorrow night. Will you let her come over Tiff?"

 

"If you trust her then I guess it's okay."

 

All of a sudden Tiffany just realized why maybe Jane had kissed Sooyoung.

 

"If you don't mind Tiff, I might just head to bed."

 

"Okay Soo, goodnight."

 

"Night Tiff." Sooyoung said as she kissed Tiffany on the cheek.

 

Sooyoung walked into Jessica's room. She felt a whole flood of memories come rushing back. I miss you Cutey. I wish I could rewind time so that I was with you again, thought Sooyoung.

 

Tiffany decided to ring Jane.

 

Brrrrrnnnnngggggggggg!!!!!!

 

"Um Hi it's Jane here."

 

"Oh hello Jane, it's Tiffany."

 

"Thanks for calling. Did you get my message?"

 

"Yes and it's fine for you to come tomorrow night. I'll text you my address later. Um Jane can I ask you why you kissed Sooyoung tonight?"

 

"Oh that, I had a really good reason but I think I should wait until tomorrow night to tell you."

 

"Was it because you didn't want Soo to see that Lauren was in the park."

 

"Wow you worked it out for yourself. Yes that's why I kissed her but please don't tell Sooyoung. I don't want my Sister to ever be back in Soo's life again and kissing Sooyoung was the only thing I could think of at that moment. Now that I've had time to think about it more I really could of come up with heaps of different ways to stop her seeing Lauren."

 

"Hey don't worry about it. You did what you had to do, right." said Tiffany.

 

"Yes I guess so. Hey how's Taeyeon going?

 

The two of them continued talking for another 20 minutes. Tiffany felt like she could of talked to Jane for hours because she was so easy to talk to but she really wanted to go check on Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung had already hopped into Jessica's bed. She was hugging Jessica's pillow tightly while tears built up in her eyes. She felt so close to Jessica right now and yet so far away at the same time.

 

Just as Tiffany went to walk down the hallway to see Sooyoung her phone rang :

 

"Oh my god, would this be my best friend?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Hey Tiff, yes this would be your best friend."

 

"I miss you."

 

"Well I miss you too, Tiff."

 

They continued talking for about ten minutes before Jessica asked.

 

"Um Tiff, do you think it would be possible at all for you to let me talk to Soo on your phone next time you see her?"

 

"You can call her on her phone, she's got her phone with her now."

 

"I can't really say why but I can't call Soo on her phone."

 

"Oh............ well you can talk to her now if you like because she's staying with me tonight."

 

Jessica felt her heart beat slow down, she thought Tiffany meant that they were sleeping together.

 

"Um......so......um... the two of you are together now?" asked Jessica.

 

"No Jess, I just meant she was staying at our house not actually with me in my bed. She asked if she could stay the night in your bed. I hope you don't mind?"

 

"She wanted to sleep in my bed?"

 

"Yes I think she thought it would make her feel closer to you." said Tiffany.

 

Awww my y wants to sleep in my bed, that's so sweet. Like she said in her text message she must still love me, Jessica thought happily.

 

"Could I please talk to her Tiff?"

 

"Yeah sure, Oh wait you're not going to tell her that you don't love her again are you Jess because I don't think she could handle you saying that to her again." 

 

"No I promise I'm not going to say that to her Tiff."

 

"Okay, hold on a second." Tiffany then walked up to Jessica's room. She opened the door and saw Sooyoung lying in bed.

 

Sooyoung looked up at her.

 

"Someone wants to talk to you." Tiffany said with a huge smile on her face.

 

"Who is it?"

 

"Just say hello and you'll find out." Tiffany said as she handed her the phone.

 

Tiffany then left the room so they could talk.

 

"Um Hello." said Sooyoung.

 

"Hi, I kind of heard there was some really good news about your Shorty tonight." 

 

"Jess.............." Sooyoung broke down with more tears after hearing Jessica's voice.

 

"Soo, are you still there?"

 

"Yes, it's just it seems so long since I've heard your voice."

 

"I'm so sorry that I didn't reply to your text message before. I was about to call you after I got it but then someone else called me, but Soo you need to know that the answer is yes."

 

"What answer Jess?"

 

"In your message you asked me if it was possible that maybe I still loved you. The answer is yes. I do still love you, I love you so much y."

 

"Your not just saying that because I said I was feeling down?"

 

"No Baby, I do still love you it's just well I promise that I will explain everything to you tomorrow night but Soo you need to know that I never stopped loving you and I'm so sorry that I told you I didn't love you anymore."

 

Sooyoung was so happy to hear those words come out of Jessica's mouth. She really does still love me, thought Sooyoung.

 

"Well I can't wait to talk to you tomorrow night then." said Sooyoung.

 

"Believe me I really can't wait to talk to you tomorrow night either. But Baby, I really need to go now. I'm so happy that Taeyeon is going to recover from her accident and I'm so happy that I got to hear your voice again tonight. I love you y, Goodbye."

 

"Thanks for calling. I'll talk to you tomorrow Cutey. I love you, bye."

 

Sooyoung couldn't wipe the smile of her face. She ran out to Tiffany who was sitting on the sofa.

 

"She loves me Tiff, She still loves me."

 

"I'm so happy for you Soo." she smiled.

 

"Jess said she'll talk to me tomorrow night and explain why she told me that she didn't love me anymore."

 

"I guess you'll be finding out a lot of things tomorrow night because don't forget that Jane's coming over." said Tiffany.

 

"Yes I guess she'll tell me why she had to kiss me. Oh no..."

 

"What's wrong Soo."

 

"I kissed Jane, how am I going to tell Jess that I kissed someone else."

 

"Soo, you and Jess were broken up when you kissed her. So don't worry. Jess shouldn't of broken up with you if she didn't want you to kiss someone else."

 

They talked for a while longer before finally heading off to bed.

 

 

The next day.

 

 

Sooyoung headed up to the hospital just after lunch time to see Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon's voice was a little bit stronger than yesterday.  She was also slowly getting a bit more strength in her body.

 

Sooyoung told Taeyeon about Jessica talking to her last night and she also talked about all the things she was going to do with Taeyeon once she was fully recovered.

 

Sooyoung stayed in the hospital with Taeyeon for the rest of the day. She headed off to Tiffany's house just before 7pm.

 

Once she arrived she chatted with Tiffany until Jane got there.

 

Jane arrived just after 7.30pm. 

 

All of them then sat down at the dining table so Jane could fill them in on everything. She told them everything starting from Taeyeon's motorbike accident.

 

It shocked Sooyoung to think that she was partly responsible for what happened to Taeyeon because if she never had dated Lauren then her Shorty wouldn't be in hospital right now.

 

Jane then told them about Lauren tricking Jessica in to coming to her house that day and how Lauren basically left Jessica with no choice but to take the job in New York because if she didn't Lauren threatened that she would have Sooyoung killed.

 

"Oh my god, poor Jess. It all makes sense now, so she really left to protect me not because she hated me. Jane do you think Lauren will try and kill me?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I would of said no but Soo she's just getting more and more scarier and the fact that she hired someone to run down Taeyeon, well who knows what she's capable of."

 

Jane then explained how Jess contacted her from New York and they started to get a plan in action with the help of Amber's Dad.

 

"Which brings me to the kiss Soo. Lauren went to the park to see you last night and well I knew she was going so I just arrived there before her and I thought that if I kissed you that it would stop her from coming to see you and it worked because she actually left." said Jane.

 

Jane went into more and more detail with them until they knew just as much as Jane did.

 

Jane then received a text message which she read straight away.

 

"Um Soo would I please be able to bother you for a glass of water." asked Jane.

 

"Sure I'll just get you some water."

 

As soon as Sooyoung walked away. Jane whispered in Tiffany's ear.

 

"Can you go to the kitchen and keep Soo in there because I have a big surprise for her and I don't want her to see it yet."

 

"Okay sure."

 

"But Tiffany can you try and keep her facing away from the front door.

 

"I'll try." Tiffany smiled.

 

Tiffany had kept Sooyoung distracted in the kitchen while Jane opened the front door quietly to let the surprise inside.

 

Tiffany couldn't help but smile when she saw what the surprise was.

 

Sooyoung was busy talking to Tiffany when she felt someone wrap their arms around her from behind and say.

 

"I missed you so much y..................