Goodbye y

A Different Kind Of Love

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"She should be dead right now but the driver stuffed up. Sooyoung's already feeling broken now but once you break up with her it'll push her over the edge and well little me over here will be there to pick up the pieces." said Lauren.

 

"I don't know what's sadder the fact that you're happy to push Sooyoung over the edge or the fact you actually believe that Soo would have a relationship with you again." said Jessica.

 

"You would be surprised where people look for love when their world gets ripped apart."

 

"Lauren please don't do this to her. She was so happy finally with her life again until Taeyeon had the accident. Can't you just let her get on with her life and be happy?" asked Jessica.

 

"I know she can find happiness with me again."

 

"No she can't. What you did to her in the past is unforgiveable. You're clearly sick in the head to even think she would find happiness with you again." said Jessica.

 

"Shut up! Would you just Shut up!! I will get her back, I know it will take time but I will get her back." said Lauren angrily.

 

"Well I'm just going to tell her everything about what you did to Taeyeon and that you want us to break up and........." before Jessica could finish.

 

"Fine go tell her everything but you'll be the one responsible for the terrible tragic death of Sooyoung that follows." said Lauren.

 

Oh my god, How can I possibly win in this. I can't, I just can't. There's a part of me that thinks she wouldn't have Sooyoung killed but there's also a part of me that thinks she's totally crazy and capable of anything including Sooyoung's death.

 

"I'm going now." Jessica said.

 

"Fine but make sure you break up with her sometime tomorrow and don't tell anyone about this conversation we just had or you know what will happen." 

 

"There's no way that Soo will believe that I'm just going to up and leave her for some new job in New York. Especially when Taeyeon is still in a coma. She'll know there's something strange going on." said Jessica.

 

"She will at first but as time goes by and you never come back for her she'll believe it. See I could of just had you killed but then she would mourn you for a long time where as now you're going to leave her when she needs you most and as time goes by she'll feel nothing but hate for you and then she'll be ready to move on from you."

 

"You may think you've got everything covered with your plan but you're forgetting the fact that even if she does hate me in the end, she won't ever find a piece of her heart capable of feeling anything but hate for you." said Jessica.

 

"Anyway you said you were going, so go!" said Lauren feeling agitated by Jessica's words.

 

Jane had been busy writing a note for Jessica while they were talking. She walked Jessica to the door and scrunched up the note and placed it in Jessica's hand before she left.

 

Jessica wondered why the girl had given her a note. She put it in her pocket and when she hopped into her car she broke down in tears.

 

This is so not fair, I've finally found the love of my life who I couldn't possibly dream of breaking up with and yet sometime tomorrow that is exactly what I'm expected to do, she thought to herself.

 

Her tears were flowing so fast now.

 

Everyone will hate me for leaving her right now and most importantly my y will hate me. I don't want her to hate me when I love her so much. 

 

After Jessica had spent about ten minutes crying in her car she finally drove home.

 

Tiffany was sitting on the sofa when she walked in.

 

"Hi Jess."

 

"Hey." Jessica said as she rushed to her room.

 

Tiffany could tell something was wrong with her best friend so she walked up to her room to see her.

 

When she entered her room Jessica was on her bed crying uncontrollably.

 

"Jess, what's wrong?" asked Tiffany.

 

Jessica couldn't even say anything because she was so upset.

 

"Oh my god, is it Taeyeon?" asked Tiffany.

 

Jessica shook her head as she continued to cry.

 

"Is everything okay with you and Sooyoung?"

 

Just hearing Tiffany mention Sooyoung's name was enough to make her cry even louder.

 

Tiffany hopped onto the bed and wrapped her arms around Jessica.

 

"You're so upset, please talk to me Jess. I want to help you." said Tiffany.

 

"I can't tell ... (sob).... you yet. I need you... (sob).. tomorrow Tiff. Can you come to the hospital ...(sob) with me somtime tomorrow?" asked Jessica.

 

"Of course I can Jess but I'm really worried about you." 

 

"Please......(sob).. I just want to be alone..(sob).. I'll fill you in tomorrow okay....." said Jessica.

 

"Are you really sure you want to be left alone right now?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Yes...... (sob).. please Tiff......(sob).."

 

Tiffany did leave the room even though she didn't want to. What the hell is going on thought Tiffany. I don't think I've seen Jess this upset before.

 

Jessica heard her phone receive a text message. When she looked she saw it was from Sooyoung :

 

Hi Cutey,

I really missed not seeing you tonight.

Still no change in Shorty today. Wish

I was snuggling up to you in bed right

now but I can't leave my Shorty's side

yet. I love you and I miss you xxx

 

Jessica's tears dropped onto the phone as she read the message.

 

My y how can I possibly break up with you tomorrow. I love you so much, how could I ever call an end to what we share, thought Jessica.

 

She continued to cry throughout the night. She hardly got any sleep.

 

Tiffany walked in to check on her early in the morning.

 

Jessica saw her walk in.

 

"Jess did you get any sleep? You look so tired." said Tiffany.

 

"I had a little bit."

 

"Please tell me what's making you so upset?" asked Tiffany.

 

"I can't really tell you now but when you come up to the hospital with me, you'll understand more."

 

"Well then can we go up to the hospital soon so I can find out what's going on?" asked Tiffany.

 

"I'm sorry Tiff but I won't be going up to the hospital until tonight."

 

"But that's ages away." Tiffany complained.

 

"Will you be home at 7pm tonight?" asked Jessica.

 

"Um if you want me here at that time then yes."

 

"Thanks Tiff but can we take seperate cars up to the hospital. We can drive there at the same time but just take our own cars because you'll have to stay there longer then me." said Jessica.

 

"How come i'll be there longer than you?"

 

"Please Tiff, I said you'll know why tonight, okay."

 

Tiffany could see how tense Jessica was so she didn't ask anymore questions.

 

"Okay I'll see you later tonight then." said Tiffany.

 

Tiffany went to get ready for work then headed to the office to catch up with Seohyun.

 

Jessica went to work as well. She wanted to see if they knew about her leaving or not.

 

When Jeesica walked in to her work they had streamers up for her and a farewell sign.

 

Wow they already know that I'm leaving, she thought. She then approached her boss.

 

"We are so proud of you Jessica to land such a great job. What an opportunity for you." he said.

 

Jessica didn't even know where she would be working in New York or who she was working for.

 

"I mean to work for 'Black and White' magazine as one of their editor's is amazing." her boss said.

 

'Black and White' magazine, how on earth did Lauren manage to get me a job there. It was a dream of Jessica's to work for such a well known magazine and now that dream would come true. Only problem was that Jessica's dreams had now changed and all of her current dreams now included Sooyoung.

 

"Yes it should be a great opportunity for me." Jessica said to her boss even though she didn't believe it.

 

She didn't want to go. She didn't want to leave her Sooyoung but she felt like she had no choice. She couldn't deal with her being the blame for anything bad that Lauren might do to Soo if she didn't do what she was told.

 

It was at that moment that Jessica remembered the girl at Lauren's place handing her the scrunched up bit of paper. It was from Jane but Jessica had no idea that the girl was Lauren's sister.

 

Her boss then began to speak to her again. They were putting on a special lunch for her and this was actually her last day of work with them. Lauren had taken care of everything apparently. Jessica just felt like some kind of pawn in Lauren's game.

 

She tried her hardest to put on fake smiles during her farewell lunch. She managed to get through without shedding a tear. She didn't feel like crying because she was leaving work but because she knew it was getting closer to her doing the thing she dreaded most. Breaking up with her Sooyoung.

 

Once she had packed up her things in her office she said her farewells and headed home. As soon as she got home she headed to her room to check her dirty clothes pile to look for the note she put in her pocket.

 

She found the note, she unscrunched it and began to read it : 

 

Hi Jessica,

My name is Jane. I'm Lauren's sister but I promise you I'm nothing like her.

I hate what she did to Sooyoung in the past and I hate what she has planned

for her now. I really want to help you. It's just I don't know how I can help.

This is the first I heard about her plans of killing Sooyoung if you don't leave

 and break up with her. I'd like to be able to tell you that Lauren would never do

that to Sooyoung but I can't, I just don't know how far she'll go now to get what

she wants. She scares me but I don't know what I can do to stop her but I really

do want to stop her. When you get to New York if you think we can come up 

with some kind of a plan together to stop Lauren than please call me. My number

is on the bottom left corner of this note. But please don't call me on your phone,

Lauren might be monitoring your calls. Call me on a pay phone if you want my 

help. I hope we can stop her so Sooyoung can live happily again.

 

Jane.

 

 

When she finished reading it she scrunched it back up and threw it in her bin. You're Lauren's sister as if I could trust you, she thought.

 

Jessica then took a long hot shower. She was hoping maybe it would help clear her thoughts before she broke Sooyoung's heart. But it didn't help at all her constant thoughts were of her beautiful Sooyoung and also the immense hatred she was feeling towards Lauren.

 

She headed back to her bedroom after her shower. Got herself dressed then grabbed the picture of Sooyoung and her that was on the bedside table. She looked at it for ages before hugging it tightly to her chest.

 

I'm so sorry for what I'm about to do to you. I'm hoping one day you and I can find a way back to each other.

 

With tears now running down her face. Jessica laid down on her bed still clinging to the picture tightly.

 

Tiffany couldn't stop running all sorts of ideas through her head all day. Wondering what could possibly be wrong with Jessica and why she needed her at the hospital tonight. 

 

She had already visited Taeyeon at lunch time and talked to Sooyoung. From what she could see there was no problem with Soo towards Jessica so they musn't of had a fight, thought Tiffany.

 

She headed home so that she could have a shower before she went to the hospital. She knew Jess was home but decided to head straight to the shower because she didn't want to annoy Jessica by asking her questions again.

 

Once showered and dressed she knocked on Jessica's bedroom door.

 

"Hey Jess, are you in there? Can I please come in?" she asked.

 

"Yes."

 

Tiffany entered her room. She saw Jessica lying there clinging to the picture.

 

"Jess are you okay?"

 

She didn't answer Tiffany's question she just said.

 

"Are you ready?"

 

"Um yes I'm ready." said Tiffany.

 

"Okay well let's go."

 

Tiffany could see by looking at Jessica's eyes that she had been crying. She's holding that picture so this must have something to do with Sooyoung. But what? she thought.

 

They both headed to their cars.

 

"I'll meet you at the front entry after we've parked our cars, okay Tiff?" said Jessica.

 

"yes."

 

Once they had arrived and finished parking they headed for the front entry. Jessica got there first and waited until Tiffany got there.

 

"So I'm going to need to talk to Sooyoung outside. I was thinking over there." Jessica pointed.

 

Jessica then walked Tiffany over there.

 

"If you just wait around the corner there. You'll be able to come and support Sooyoung when I leave." said Jessica.

 

"Why will I need to support her when you leave. What's going on Jess?"

 

"You'll be standing just around there when I talk to her so you'll hear the whole conversation so I'm not going to explain it to you now when you can hear it all for yourself when I bring Sooyoung down here."

 

"Fine then but Sooyoung won't come down here anyway. She won't want to be that far away from Taeyeon." said Tiffany.

 

"I organized Yuri to be in the room with Taeyeon while Sooyoung's out of the room so  I'm just hoping that Soo loves me enough to come out here with me to talk."

 

Tiffany didn't know what was about to go down but she knew that if Jess needed her there to support Soo once she leaves then it was going to be something bad.

 

"Okay hopefully I'll be down here soon with Soo." said Jessica.

 

She made her way in the hospital and up to Taeyeon's room. She entered the room.

 

Sooyoung's face instanly lit up once she saw Jessica.

 

"Jess you're here." Sooyoung said as she raced over to Jessica and wrapped her arms around her tightly.

 

Jessica said hello to Yuri.

 

"Hey Jess, I just got to have a shower while Yuri was watching Shorty. So I guess you'll want to hug me longer now that I smell so good." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Yes I really do want to hug you longer but can we please go outside for a while so we can talk a bit and hug." asked Jessica.

 

Sooyoung looked at her as if she was crazy for suggesting that they go outside.

 

"You know I don't want to leave this room Jess."

 

"Baby please, it won't be for long. I just want you alone for a while." said Jessica.

 

"But Jess."

 

"Soo I haven't asked much from you since Taeyeon's terrible accident. Do you really think I'm asking too much of you to spend a couple of minutes outside with me."

 

She looked back at Jess. She knew she had really neglected her girlfriend since Taeyeon's accident.

 

She then looked at Yuri.

 

"It's okay Soo, I'll watch Shorty for you." said Yuri.

 

She then walked up to Taeyeon.

 

"I'm just going outside. I won't be that far away and I promise I won't be too long. Okay Shorty, I love you." Sooyoung said as she placed a kiss on her forehead.

 

She grabbed Jessica's hand and walked out of the room.

 

"I'm sorry if you feel like I've not been a very good girlfriend since Shorty's accident." said Sooyoung.

 

"You've still been a great girlfriend Baby." Jessica said.

 

They continued walking until they walked outside Sooyoung started to head a different way. 

 

"Soo can we please go over there. It's more private over there and I really want to kiss you."

 

"A kiss you say, well okay." she said as she headed over where Jessica wanted her to go.

 

As soon as they got there Jessica Sooyoung's face.

 

"Let's share one last........ I mean let's have that kiss now." said Jessica.

 

Jessica's lips then met Sooyoung's for a long, loving kiss.

 

The two of them continued kissing. They hadn't had a kiss like this since Taeyeon's accident.

 

Knowing that this was going to be their last kiss, Jessica never wanted it to end.

 

Tiffany felt slightly awkward while peeking at them kissing from around the corner. But Jess was right she could here every word from where she was waiting. 

 

When their lips finally parted Jessica felt a tear come to her eye. This was it, it was now time to break up and she felt like she was going to be sick. How could she possibly do this to her beautiful girlfriend.

 

Sooyoung saw Jessica's tears. She gently wiped her face.

 

"What's wrong Cutey?" Sooyoung asked.

 

Jessica looked down towards the ground.

 

"Jess, is everything okay?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"No Baby, everything is not okay. I need to tell you something and I don't think you'll like what I have to say."

 

"Um okay, please don't tell me you have bad news Jess because I'm not sure I can take anymore bad news." Sooyoung said.

 

Jessica breathed in than out slowly. Her tears began to flow faster.

 

"Jess, what is it?" asked Sooyoung as she reached out and held both of Jessica's hands.

 

Jessica pulled her hands away from Sooyoung.

 

"Jess please what's wrong?"

 

"I've got a new job and I start in two days. It's a really good job Soo."

 

"Wow that's awesome. Congratulations Cutey but why do you look so sad then?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"This job..... it's in New York." said Jess with tears still flowing.

 

"New York....... Have you already accepted the job?"

 

"Yes." Jessica nodded.

 

"Why didn't you talk to me about it first before you made your final decision. We're a couple right? So why didn't you discuss it with me?"

 

"Because.......... we're not going to be........(sob)..... a couple anymore." Jessica said sadly.

 

"What are you talking about Jess?"

 

"I'm breaking up...........(sob)........... with you."

 

"No, no Jess we're not breaking up. You got that? You and I are not breaking up." Sooyoung said as she teared up.

 

"Yes, we are Soo."

 

"How can you say that? I thought you said your love for me was stronger than any love you felt before, huh?" 

 

Jessica hung her head.

 

"If you're taking the job for money than please stay Jess. I can look after you financially." Sooyoung said.

 

"It's not the money."

 

"Okay, well then we'll just have a long distance relationship. Lot's of couples do that." Sooyoung pleaded.

 

"No, I don't want a long distance relationship they never work."

 

"How do you know it won't work unless we try." Sooyoung said.

 

"No Soo! I don't want that." snapped Jessica.

 

"Did you take this job because I've been spending all my time at the hospital?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"No, that's not why I took it."

 

"So you just hate me that much that you need to go all the way to New York to get away from me."

 

"No I don't hate you."

 

"Then why? Why now Jess? I need you so much right now. Please Jess, please don't leave me."

 

"This is a huge opportunity for me. Can't you just be happy for me."

 

"Yes I'm happy for you but I'm not happy for me. Let's just try to stay together and see how it goes. Come on Jess I know if anyone can make a long distance relationship work, we can."

 

"No! Would you please just listen to me. It will never work when only one of us wants it to." said Jessica.

 

"Well why don't you want it to work. Was everything about us a lie? Did you really just pretend to love me." she said with tears streaming heavily.

 

"I do love you but why do you have to make this so hard."

 

"Me make it hard...... what about you? You're the one that's breaking up with me. What do you want me to do? Pat you on the back and say well done I can't wait for you to leave and I'm glad that we're breaking up, huh, is that what you want me to say Jessica." Sooyoung yelled.

 

"Soo please."

 

"No, you're killing me right now. You know that. I thought we were going to be together forever. I never told you that but that's how strongly I felt about us but cleary you never felt the same way." said Sooyoung.

 

"Don't talk like that." said Jessica.

 

"Like what? Like my girlfriend didn't actually really love me like I thought she did."

 

"Stop it. You just need to accept my decision. okay?"

 

"No Jess I don't want to. It doesn't make any sense. The way you just kissed me was so real. So why do you want us to break up then?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I already told you why."

 

"Jess please......... please believe in us the way I believe in us. Please!"

 

"I'm going now."

 

"What?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I'm leaving now."

 

"No don't leave me..........please don't!" Sooyoung yelled.

 

Jessica then turned herself around and took two steps before.

 

"Jessica Jung, you can't leave me....(sob).... I love you....... I love you so much...(sob).... please just turn around and come back to me."

 

She didn't turn around and continued to walk away.

 

"Please don't go.......(sob).......please Jess......"

 

She kept walking until Sooyoung couldn't see her anymore. Jessica felt like her heart had just been torn right out of her chest.

 

As soon as Sooyoung lost sight of Jessica she fell to her knees crying uncontrollably. She felt like her heart had been cut into the tiniest of pieces.

 

Tiffany then ran towards Sooyoung, she knelt down and wrapped her arms tightly around her.

 

"I'm here Soo. I'm so sorry about Jessica. But I'm here for you ................................

 

 

 

What does someone do when their world is torn apart.

 

When life is so painful that you feel like you don't want to breathe anymore.

 

Can someone continue to fight for something when all hope is gone.

 

How can one move forward when all they see is darkness.

 

Or is there a light that shines brightly at the end of the dark tunnel.

 

Is that bright light a person who can help light up her life.

 

And is that person the one we thought she would need???