Nearly Showtime

A Different Kind Of Love

 

 

Sooyoung's POV

 

Only one day left until my Winter Collection fashion show. I'm so excited yet so nervous.

 

All my staff have worked so hard especially my assistant Seohyun. I'm going to ask Seo out to dinner tonight to reward her for all her hard work.

 

 

" Hey Seohyunah!"  

 

"Yes Soo, How can I help"

 

"You can help me by accompanying me to dinner tonight" I smiled sweetly.

 

"You know I'd love to Soo but the show's tomorrow night and..."

 

I stop Seo mid sentence.

 

"and I'm just about to grab my jacket and handbag Soo so I can accompany you" I said trying to copy Seo's voice.

 

Seo laughed.

 

"Wasn't that what you were just about to say Seohyunah?" I smiled.

 

" Why yes! Yes I was just about to say that" grinned Seo.

 

 

i would of never excepted no for an answer. Seo knows it's better to just give in. I was Seohyun's buddy helper when she first came to college. I was the year above her and helped her out whenever I could because we were studying for the same degree. She hardly said anything to me at first but I slowly got to know her more and more. Nobody believes more in her talent than I. Her talent in fashion is endless and I am so proud to be able to showcase her talent under my label. I treat Seo as if she was my little Sister and I love her just like a sister too.

 

 

"I even booked us a table at your favourite restaurant Seohyunah" I smiled.

 

"Really? Are we really going to SWEET POTATO HEAVEN?" said Seo excitedly.

 

"Yep! Let's go, I'm hungry"

 

Tiffany's POV

 

I walked towards the sofa.

 

"Hey Jessie!"

 

Jessica was lying down on the sofa reading a magazine.

 

"Yes Tiff"

 

"I want you to come out with me tomorrow night"

 

"Where?"

 

"Well you know that awesome fashion label you love?"

 

"My wardrobe is full of designer labels Tiff so I really don't know which one your talking about"  she said grumpily.

 

 

Wow someone didn't get enough sleep. If I was to sum up Jessica's life it would be work, hanging out with her boyfriend of the month, sleep and eating ice cream. She is obsessed with men even though all her boyfriends have either cheated on her or treated her like crap. I just wish she would stop drooling over these arseholes. To be honest I just wish she would come out with me sometimes after all I am suppose to be her best friend.

 

"I'm talking about DOUBLE S. You were wearing one of their dresses yesterday" I said.

 

"Well yes I do like their fashion label. What about it?"

 

"They're launching their winter fashion collection tomorrow night and I'm the official photographer for the event. I thought you might like to come with me"

 

"But your going to be working Tiff. Just what do you think I'm suppose to do while your taking all those photos huh? Just sit there and twiddle my thumbs" 

 

"Well you know what Jessica! I guess I was kind of hoping that you might want to come along and offer your support to your best friend at this huge event and also maybe that you could go out and have an enjoyable evening looking at the latest fashion from one of your favourite labels. But since it's going to be such a frickin drama for you I don't even know why I bothered asking you!" I yelled very angrily. 

 

I started walking to my room in a huff.

 

"Tiff Wait!! I'm Sorry!"

 

I turned around to face Jess.

 

"What did you say?"

 

"I said I'm sorry Tiff. I'm glad that you asked me to come along but I guess I was just thinking about myself and not you. So I'm really sorry"

 

"Okay so that means you'll come then?"

 

"Um well I can't cause I'm already going out with Sunglee tomorrow night"

 

Sunglee was Jessica's latest boyfriend she's been dating him for 2 weeks. My oppinion of him is not very high but Jess thinks the sun shines out of his . He's good looking and sadly that's all Jess seems to care about.

 

"Jess you've only known this guy for like 2 weeks yet you already prefer to go on date with him than to hang out with me! Frickin hell, I sometimes wonder how you and I ever became friends"

 

"Because you love me........." Jess says in a cute voice.

 

"Jess don't try your sweet talk crap with me. I'm not one of your boyfriends it doesn't work on me."

 

I storm off towards my room

 

"Tiff!!"

 

I keep walking.

 

"Tiffany please!.... wait!"

 

I turn to face Jess again.

 

"What now Jess"

 

"I promise I'll go out the next time you want me to"

 

"Wow so big off you Jess" I said sarcastically.

 

"and if my date with Sunglee finishes early I'll drop in to the fashion launch after"

 

"Jess we both know your date isn't going to finish early and that the only place you intend to go after your date is back to his bedroom"

 

"What!"

 

"Don't even try to deny it Jess I know you to well and hopping into bed with your current boyfriend is obviously a higher priority then spending the night with me at some fashion launch. Right?"

 

"Its not like that at all Tiff"

 

"Really well tell me what its like then Jess"

 

"I really like him Tiff and I really don't want to upset him by calling off our date"

 

"If he was a guy really worth liking Jess he would totally understand why you would want to be at a special night for your best friend and not on a date with him"

 

" I ....... I........" Jess stuttered.

 

"You know what Jess just forget about it. I'm tired and going to bed"

 

Seohyun's POV

 

I'm sitting at a table across from Soo. We've just finished eating dinner at my favourite restaurant. I'm so lucky to have a boss like Sooyoung but even more luckier to have her as a close friend. Soo is like a big sister to me and I couldn't imagine not having her in my life. She's always believed in me even back at college when I couldn't string two words together. She inspires me everyday with all her hard work and creative talent. One day I hope to be as great as her thats what I dream of and hopefully one day that dream will come true.

 

"I'll just pay the bill and then drive you home" said Soo

 

"No I'll pay Soo"

 

"No way my treat remember for all your hard work. Just smile and say thank you" Soo smiled with a cute wink.

 

"Okay then......thank you for dinner Soo but you spoil me too much"

 

"No I don't besides you deserve to be spoilt."

 

Sooyoung pays the bill and we grab our jackets and get into Soo's car.

 

"So Seo I can't believe the launch is tomorrow night. argh!! I'm so nervous, I mean I know everything is planned to perfection but just what if something goes wrong. What if nobody likes the collection. What if Yoona or one of the models falls over on the catwalk. What if......

 

I cut Soo off from finishing her sentence.

 

"Choi Sooyoung!! The launch will be amazing. Nobody designs better clothes than you and nobody puts on such a spectacular event as you. Trust me, it's just your nerves talking. Everything will be just fine" I said with a soothing smile.

 

Soo pulls into my driveway

 

"Thank you for settling my nerves Seo. I don't know what I'd do without you. Have a good night's sleep and I'll see you in the morning. Love you Little Sis"

 

Soo leans in for a goodbye hug. I then hug her back.

 

"Love you too Big Sis. Sweet dreams and stop worrying about tomorrow. Okay?"

 

"Okay I'll try"

 

"Soo if you can't stop thinking about tomorrow you should give Taeyeon a call. You know she always makes you forget about your worries when you talk to her."

 

"Your right. Has anyone ever told you your full of great ideas"

 

I burst out laughing as I replied to her question.

 

"Only you about one million times"

 

"Well it's true. Goodnight!" Soo waved goodbye.

 

"Goodnight Soo and thanks again for the dinner" I smiled and waved goodbye.

 

 

Sooyoung's POV

 

I got out of my car and opened my front door. The TV was playing some music videos and as I was expecting, I found Yuri fast asleep on the sofa with a pen and notebook still in her grasp. My housemate and close friend Yuri is a songwriter, she watches music videos to help her get in the mood for writing her next hit and believe me she's an amazing songwriter and extremely talented musician. She's also in charge of organising the music for all my fashion collection season launches. I just leave her sleeping on the sofa. I don't want to wake her up in case she can't get back to sleep for worrying about tomorrow night's fashion launch. I turn the TV off and grab a warm blanket that I gently lay on top off her.

 

"Goodnight Yul" I whisper and blow her a kiss.

 

I head to my bedroom still full of worry for tomorrow's launch. I had a nice warm shower and slipped into my lovely soft and warm pyjamas. As I lay my head down on my incredibly comfy pillow I still can't stop thinking about the launch. Argh!! I think I'll have to take Seo's advice and give my bestie a call. It didn't  matter how late I called Taeyeon, she always seemed to be awake when I needed her. 

 

Brrrrrrring! Brrrrrrring!

 

Taeyeon picked up her phone

 

"Hello Giant, did you miss me? could you not last a day without hearing my wonderful voice? Did you spend every moment of your day dreaming about the next time you'd see my beautiful face?"

 

Facepalm....... She is in one of those playful moods again. but I don't care, that's why she's my bestfriend cause were so much a like but yet so different.

 

She's still going on......... "Did you miss the sweet smell of my perfume? Did you............

 

I cut her off.

 

"Hey Shorty, I didn't miss any of those things, I was just ringing to ask you the time"

 

"The time?" she said in a confused way.

 

"Yes the time Taengoo? but don't worry I already know what time it is."

 

"I know where this is going Soo"

 

"Well then Tae, you know what you should say next right?" I grinned to myself.

 

"Yeah, yeah but it's not funny Soo"

 

"You know it is, just say it"

 

"Soo, what time is it?"

 

"Time to get a new bestfriend.....Hahahahahaha" I laughed and laughed.

 

"Hey Shorty, I heard your giggle. So don't try to tell me I'm not funny when you know there's nobody funnier than me" I say while still laughing.

 

"Yeah, yeah Soo. You keep believing that others might disagree though" she said with a giggle.

 

"By the way Soo, I know why you really called. I've been your best friend since I was 7 years old, I can read you like a book you know."

 

"Oh Is that so my Shorty. Well then tell me why I called you then" I said curiously.

 

"Well you've got this super huge major event on tomorrow night, which I just know is going to be super hugely sucessful but cause it's less than 24 hours away, your super hugely freaking out about it and you can't get to sleep. Now tell me, am I right? or am I right?" she said teasingly.

 

I began laughing. Yep she knows me too well.

 

"Okay so maybe you can read me like a book then" I said with a huge smile on my face.

 

"And just like always Shorty, you put a smile on my face and make my deepest worries disappear" I said fondly.

 

"Well I'm glad to put that smile on your face. But you also put a smile on my face."

 

"Haha see Shorty I am funny right?" I teased.

 

"Um................let me get back to you on that Soo" she burst out laughing.

 

"Yeah, so not funny Tae"

 

We both burst into laughter.

 

"Well my Shorty, I really am tired now. I think I'll be able to get some sleep now thanks to you."

 

"Glad to hear that Soo, Can't wait to see you tomorrow night. I just know it's going to be awesome Soo. Then I can boast to everyone there that I'm your best friend." she said proudly.

 

"I love you Shorty. You know your the best friend anyone could have, right?"

 

"Thanks Giant, and you know your the best friend anyone could have too, okay? and I love you too Soo. Goodnight"

 

"Goodnight Taengoo"

 

 

Please Subscribe and Vote if you enjoy reading this :)