A Dark Secret

A Different Kind Of Love

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

"Oh my god Soo, what did she do to you to make you so upset like this?" asked Jessica with great concern.

 

Sooyoung's tears continued to fall.

 

"I want to tell you Jess and you too Tiff but........ I mean I think you're right. You do need to know" she sobbed.

 

Tiffany rubbed Sooyoung's back while Jessica continued to hug Soo tightly.

 

"It's just I really don't know if I can take myself back to that night again." said Sooyoung with tears constantly falling.

 

"What if Taeyeon was here with you, would that make it any better for you Soo?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Maybe she could help me tell you both." said Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung began shivering.

 

Seeing her girlfriend falling apart right in front of her eyes was scaring Jessica. Who would do such a thing to my baby to make her crumble like this thought Jessica.

 

While Jess still hugged her tight, Tiffany grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around Sooyoung. 

 

Tiffany then called Taeyeon and asked her to come over because Sooyoung wanted to tell them about what happened with her ex girlfriend.

 

Jessica lead Sooyoung to the Sofa, so that Soo could sit down. Tiffany grabbed Sooyoung some tissues. Jessica was now holding Sooyoung's hand tightly while running possible reasons of what happened to Soo through her head.

 

Sooyoung was still crying and shivering the whole time they were waiting for Taeyeon to arrive.

 

After hearing a knock on the door Tiffany let Taeyeon inside. Taeyeon ran straight over to Sooyoung.

 

After seeing the state her best friend was in she also began to tear up.

 

"You're really going to tell them what happened?" asked Taeyeon.

 

"They need to know Shorty. Don't you think they need to know?" she said still sobbing.

 

"Yes they do but.......... look at you Soo. How can you cope with this again?" asked Taeyeon.

 

"I won't cope..... but I've got you three here with me to help me through it. Right?" said Sooyoung.

 

Hearing the words I won't cope come out of Sooyoung's mouth was too much for Jessica to hear. 

 

"No, don't tell us baby. It's too painful for you. Let's not take you back there again." said Jess deeply worried about her girlfriend.

 

"Yeah let's just leave it in the past for you Soo." said Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon looked into her best friends eyes.

 

"Your right, you do need to do this. Right?" said Taeyeon.

 

Sooyoung nodded her head at her bestie.

 

"Jessica, my Sooyoungah loves you and Tiffany she thinks the world of you and well..... this won't be easy for the two of you to hear but I think you need to hear it." said Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon grabbed a dining room chair and placed it right in front of where Sooyoung was sitting on the sofa. She then sat down on it facing Sooyoung. Jessica was on the left of Soo still holding her hand tightly while Tiffany was sitting on the right side of Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon.

 

"From the start?" Sooyoung said.

 

Taeyeon nodded her head.

 

"In my second year of college studying fashion and design, our professor organised for a top fashion designer to come visit us in class. So she came once a week for 12 weeks to give us advice and just help mentor us." said Sooyoung.

 

"Wow really? Who was the top fashion designer?" asked Jessica.

 

"Lauren Ralph." said Sooyoung feeling a few more tears escape her eyes just mentioning her name again.

 

"Oh my god, are you serious Lauren Ralph, like one of the biggest fashion designer's in the world came to your college and mentored your class. That's so amazing." said Jessica.

 

"Um Jess................ Lauren is Sooyoung's ex girlfriend." said Taeyeon.

 

Jessica and Tiffany froze upon hearing that Lauren Ralph was Sooyoung's ex girlfriend.

 

Jessica wanted to ask so many questions but nothing was coming out of because she was still taking in the fact that Lauren Ralph was Sooyoung's ex girlfriend and obviously the one responsible for the deep hurt that Soo still carries with her now.

 

Sooyoung then continued talking.

 

"Um after about four weeks of her coming along to class she asked me if I would like to visit her work and see first hand how a top fashion design label was run. I couldn't believe she wanted to show me around, so of course I jumped at the opportunity. It was like a dream come true to be able to learn directly from her and well I guess she swept me off my feet because we started dating  a week after she showed me around her work." Sooyoung stopped talking and looked down.

 

"Soo it's okay." said Taeyeon.

 

"It wasn't okay though Shorty. Why didn't I listen to you?" said Sooyoung.

 

"Soo, again what happened was not your fault." said Taeyeon.

 

"To be honest Taeyeon warned me against starting a relationship with her. She thought that she was too old for me. I was just 19 and she was 29 at the time. Taeyeon felt like there was something about Lauren that she just didn't trust. But Lauren was my favourite fashion designer and when I actually got to meet her in person, well I was in complete awe of her. I mean yes she was ten years older than me but I guess sometimes love is blind. Well what I thought was love anyway." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica found herself filled with jealousy listening to Soo talk about her ex girlfriend and love even though she knew they didn't end well. She couldn't get the image of the beautiful dark haired Lauren Ralph together with her Sooyoung.

 

"So Lauren wined and dined me and I got to attend celebrity parties and meet so many people in the fashion industry. She was my first girlfriend and only girlfriend until you Jess and I didn't have enough experience with relationships to really know what was happening in my own with Lauren. I had her up on a massive pedestal because she was so famous and beautiful and a hugely successsful fashion designer and well I guess she was everything that I wanted to be." 

 

Sooyoung started to sob again. Taeyeon her leg.

 

"I fell in love with her so quickly and well I didn't notice any of the warning signs that were there but looking back now............they were just so obvious. She began drinking a lot more and I had no idea why............. she kept any bad sides of herself away from me. I only got to see her good sides well............... until the end and..." Sooyoung began to shiver more. "In the end I got to see her worst side.......really......really worst side."

 

Sooyoung then shut herself down. She knew it was nearly time to explain the details of the worst night of her life to Jessica and Tiffany.  She knew it had to be done but wasn't sure she could do it.

 

"Do you want me to continue for now?" asked Taeyeon.

 

Sooyoung nodded her head at her best friend.

 

"So about a year after they got together, Lauren not only was drinking more but she often went to the casino to gamble. As the months passed by she gambled more and more. She became addicted to gambling and even though she was earning heaps of money with her fashion designing she was gambling it all away at the casino." explained Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon then took a deep breath.

 

"So due to her gambling problems she ended up in huge debt, owing so much money to so many people. They threatened to shut her business down due to her debt. Soo had no idea she was in so much financial difficulty cause she kept it hidden from her." said Taeyeon.

 

"I did hear a rumour about her having money problems but then another rumour came out saying that she had stopped fashion designing because she had worked so hard that she was burnt out and didn't have a passion for it anymore." said Tiffany.

 

"Well that's what they wanted everyone to think but it was actually because she was broke. Any money she would earn would then get spent on gambling." said Taeyeon.

 

"So she had lost total control of her spending because of her gambling addiction?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Yep and a couple of months before they broke up, I remember Lauren saying to me while we were all out for dinner at a restaurant................." Another deep breath had to be taken by Taeyeon.

 

"Soo left to go to the toilet and while Soo walked to the toilet she told me to look around the room. She said you know my girlfriend is so beautiful,  just look at all the people staring at her right now in this restaurant. Do you know how much money I could make through her beauty and body alone. She said that so many guys and girls had approached her about Sooyoung and said that if she ever broke up with her that they wanted a girlfriend like Sooyoung. But if only I took in what she said that night and realized what she was trying to say..............." said Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon teared up again.

 

"But I didn't........... I didn't and for that I'm still so sorry till this day." she sobbed.

 

"You couldn't know Shorty.......... what she plannned.......... you couldn't know she would do............... that." sobbed Sooyoung.

 

Jessica and Tiffany knew they were about to hear what went down on the night that Sooyoung says was her worst. But seeing these best friends struggling to tell what happened was breaking Jessica and Tiffany's heart. 

 

Taeyeon then continued.

 

"So it was nearing Sooyoung's 21st birthday and Lauren had told her that she was throwing a special party for her. But that only certain people would be invited. So Soo told her that she had to invite her family and friends. But Lauren told her that the party wouldn't be suitable for her family to attend. Lauren had planned the so called party for the Saturday night before Sooyoung's real birthday which was on the Monday."

 

Sooyoung's sobs became louder and Taeyeon's tears came flooding out faster.

 

Jessica moved in as close as she possibly could next to her girlfriend while still holding her hand tightly.

 

Tiffany also moved in closer to Sooyoung and reached out for Soo's other hand and held it.

 

Taeyeon once again continued.

 

"Sooyoung told her that she had to at least invite her friends though. Lauren told her yes of course I will, but when Soo spoke to me on the Friday before the party she asked me if I was I looking forward to and if I was excited about her party that was going to be on the next night. I hadn't heard a thing about it and I told Soo that I didn't know about it. She was really upset that we hadn't been invited.

 

"When she spoke to Lauren about it she just said our invitations must have got lost in the mail. But we knew that all 4 invitations for Yuri, Seohyun, Sunny and me couldn't all go missing in the mail at once. So she told Lauren to give the details of the party to us. Which she did but the details she gave us were purposely wrong. The wrong time and the wrong address were given to us."

 

Now Taeyeon began to seriously sob. Sooyoung couldn't look her best freind in the eye she remained staring down towards the floor.

 

"Um............. so the four of us all headed off in Sunny's car to what we thought was Sooyoung's 21st Birthday Party. When we got to the address Lauren gave us it was someone's house and they said they knew nothing about a party............... my heart sank and I began to feel really sick in my stomach." 

 

Heavier tears were now flowing out of her eyes.

 

"Sunny started ringing people she knew frantically. All four of us knew something wasn't right. Sunny knew a lot of people in the fashion industry because of her family. So she kept making call after call until she got some information about the real address for the party Lauren had organized"

 

Sooyoung then pulled her knees up in front of her and buried her head in between her knees while crying.

 

Jessica and Tiffany felt tears falling from their eyes. What awful thing was Taeyeon about to tell them next they wondered.

 

Filled with tears Taeyeon continued.

 

"After getting the address from one of Sunny's contacts we drove to the new address as fast as we possibly could..............but it wasn't..(sob) ..fast enough.... (sob). Lauren had already arrived earlier with Soo and she had blind folded her on the way in the car so Soo didn't know where she was going. Lauren said it was a big surprise and that she wasn't allowed to see."

 

Taeyeon still sobbing explained.

 

"She took her to this big warehouse in the middle of nowhere it had loud music blasting out of it. But the music wasn't put on to dance to...... it was on so nobody could hear Sooyoung's screams for help.........."

 

Taeyeon then lost control of her tears. She began to Sooyoung's hair.

 

To block out Sooyoung's screams for help thought Jessica. What happened to her? I can't stand this any longer. I really need to know.

 

Through her constant falling of tears she took three deep breath's.

 

"She took Soo inside the warehouse still blind folded. She walked along side her holding her hand until she told Sooyoung that there was a bed in front of her and that she needed to hop on the bed. Soo thought she had planned some romantic getaway for the two of them so she climbed on to the bed with Lauren's help. She then told Soo to trust her and she took her shirt and bra off before handcuffing one wrist to a bedpost then the other wrist to the opposite bed post............"

 

Again Taeyeon broke down sobbing.

 

 

"She then removed the  rest of Soo's clothes, kissed her on the lips and said trust me this is going to be a night you'll never forget. She then handcuffed Soo's ankles to the other bedposts. Lauren then removed the blind fold."

 

Sooyoung and Taeyeon both sobbing now louder than before.

 

"When the blind fold came off Soo saw Lauren and a group of guys standing around the bed......... (sob)...... Lauren knew she needed money for her business to survive so she offered some business and work clients the chance to have with Sooyoung for..........(sob) ..... money. There were 14 guys there ready to have ......................with her."

 

With Sooyoung and Taeyeon still sobbing. Jessica and Tiffany's tears began to flood out more quickly.

 

Please tell me they didn't have with her. Jessica kept repeating those words over in her head.

 

Sooyoung broke her silence.

 

"She told me..(sob)........ it was the best birthday..(sob)....... present because it would...(sob)......get her out of ..(sob)........debt. They all..(sob).......paid her $5000 to ...(sob).......have ..(sob)... with me. There was...(sob).... a video camera....(sob).......... set up to..(sob).......... film. She said for....(sob)......... an extra.....$2000 each..(sob)...... she would give.......them a copy....(sob)...... of the s....... on ....(sob)......... video."

 

Jessica and Tiffany couldn't believe what they were hearing. Tears still flowing from their eyes while their bodies sat still in shock.

 

"I screamed out.........No to Lauren.....(sob) .... but she just......smiled at me.......(sob) and said that.........she was doing......(sob)..... me a favour.......because...(sob)..... I hadn't had with......(sob) a guy before........"

 

That was it for Sooyoung she couldn't speak anymore. She was so upset.

 

So Taeyeon continued through her tears.

 

"Sunny drove as fast as she could but.......(sob)....two of the guys had already.......(sob).... had ..  with her .....(sob)... before we......got there. We........(sob).... ran inside.....and we saw.......(sob)..... a guy having........ with .....(sob).... her. But.....it was already.......the third guy.......(sob).. Soo was screaming.........out No!..........(sob)...... and please help! ......(sob) when we got closer...... to her."

 

Taeyeon countinued even though the pain of telling this was too much for her.

 

"We......were too late..........too late." she shook her head and sobbed.

 

"You guys saved......me from....having with.......(sob).... the other eleven.......guys." said Sooyoung painfully. "And you...... stopped.....the third guy.....(sob).... before he.........had (sob) ..... finished."

 

Tiffany wrapped her arms tighly around Sooyoung while her tears still flowed heavily.

 

Jessica let go of Sooyoung's hand. The realization of what her poor girlfriend had been through was too much for her to take in.

 

"I raced....... over to Soo...(sob) ... while Sunny and Yuri got...... stuck into Lauren............and Seo......(sob).... stood there........frozen in........shock." cried Taeyeon.

 

"Did they arrest Lauren and the guys?" asked Tiffany.

 

"No. That's kind of....... a long story.....maybe for another night." said Taeyeon.

 

The four girls were emotionally spent. Taeyeon and Tiffany comforted Sooyoung. While Jessica was sitting completely still on the sofa in shock, running everything through her mind.

 

After some time the girls managed to gain control of their emotions and began to talk freely again about other things. All except Jessica. Sooyoung had noticed this.

 

"You look tired Jess. It's been a long and difficult night we should all go get some sleep I guess." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica didn't answer.

 

"You'll have to stay over now that it's so late Taeyeon. You can share my bed." said Tiffany.

 

Finally some words escaped Jessica's mouth.

 

"No, I'll share with you Tiffany. I think Sooyoung needs to be with Taeyeon tonight." said Jessica.

 

"I'm feeling kind of relieved that you two actually know now and I'd really like to sleep with you tonight Jess." said Sooyoung.

 

"I think it's better you sleep with Taeyeon." Jessica said as she walked off towards Tiffany's room...............