Plane Rides

I'm In Love With An Idol

“Flight ANA 717, we will be boarding shortly” the lady at the desk announced over the microphone. My mom, dad, little brother and I were in the waiting area of NAIA Terminal Three. We were bound for Japan in less than thirty minutes. I was on my two-week long vacation and I would like to call it, Semestral Break. It’s a time when students don’t give a about their studies for two amazing weeks. We spend it as please. Parties, hanging out at the mall, potato couching. You know, what you would usually do when you’re just too lazy to stand and do something.

It’s been a week since Super Show 5. It’s been a week since Donghae and I went out. A week since Kyuhyun got unreasonably mad at me. A week since Hyuk placed his sweat but muscular arm around me. A week since Sungmin asked me if I’ve had dinner yet. A week since the most amazing night of my life happened. Exclude the moment when my father scolded me for being home at one thirty in the morning.

“Hon, will you stop fantasizing about your Kyuhyun? That’s been going on for a week now!” My mother tells me as the flips through the fashion magazine she just bought.

“It’s been going on for three years” My father butts in. He was reading the daily news paper with his legs crossed over the other like a real business man, which in fact he was.

“He’s not MY Kyuhyun but I do wish that he was” I smiled at her and she rolled her eyes at me. I laughed. My brother, on the other hand, was too busy playing with his iPad, so he didn’t bother to throw me one of his sarcastic comments. He’s six, by the way.

My mom turns her head towards her husband, “Please tell your daughter to stop this nonsense”

“I told her that two years ago. She didn’t listen” his expression was plain. I smiled at my parents as they looked at me.

“Let me be happy for the last few years of being a teenager, please? I’ll grow out of this addiction” I tell them.

“And what if you don’t?”

“Then that means this is just love” I tell them

 

Ten minutes have passed and still not boarding. I was getting hungry, so, I stood up and walked ot the nearest coffee shop. Starbucks, which reminded me a lot about what happened last October 24, 2013. I placed my order ad quickly got it after three minutes of waiting. I got my favorite Vanilla drink and a Tuna Turnover.

I was walking back to the waiting area when my phone suddenly rang. Chinee was calling me, “Hello?”

“OH MY FREAKING GOSH!!! I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU, GURL!!!!!!” She tells me excitedly

“Okay, first, I have been calling you for the past week, why aren’t you calling me back?” I asked her. I wanted to talk to her about the twenty-is-my-age thing. That was a complete mistake!

“Okay, fine, what did you want to talk to me about?” she asked me, feeling like was a little impatient about it.

“You told them I was twenty, Chinee” I started to say

“So? It was a white lie to get to date one of them. If they found out you were fifteen, they wouldn’t have the chance to date you”

“They already know I’m fifteen” I tell her

“WHAT?!” she screamed, “You told them?”

“Yes! What, why would I keep up with the lie?”

“So that you could have a love life”

“Chinee, I’m not as pretty as SNSD or as y and cute as Hyuna. I’m a fan and I’m happy with being a fan”

“Really?”

“Yes” I stood firm to what I know the truth is

“Then, if ever I told you that Donghae was looking for you, you wouldn’t care?” she asked

My eyes grew wide, “What? What did you say?”

“Donghae’s looking for you” she tells me, “But of course, he couldn’t ask over Twitter the complete name of the girl who he went to have coffee with late at night or else fans would be killing this GIRL” she said.

“How did you know?” I asked

“Donghae told the members, the members told the manager, the manager called me up late at night to ask for your complete name”

“And?”

“I need you permission. Can I give it or not?” she asked me

“Maybe it would be best if you didn’t give him my complete name?” I was just being cautious about this. I know Donghae’s nice and all but he’s still an idol. He’s heaven on earth.

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! LEE DONGHAE, A MEMBER OF SUPER JUNIOR IS ASKING FOR YOUR COMPLETE NAME AND YOU’RE TELLING ME THAT YOU WON’T GIVE YOUR NAME?!”

I was thinking about what she said. True. He is an idol and I’ve spend thirty minutes of coffee with him and everyone knows how nice he is and how simple he is. Still . . . “Flight ANA 717, we are now boarding” there was an announcement over the microphone.

“Chinee, I have to go, I’m going to miss my flight” I said quickly and disconnected the call and ran towards where my family was.

“There you are!” my mother says, “Let’s go”

I get my shoulder bag from my seat and my little brother holds my hand as we walk towards the line for boarding. My phone started ringing again, Chinee was calling but I ignored the call. I switched off my phone and then placed it inside my bag.

“Why did you take the call?” my little brother asked me

“What call?”

“Your phone was ringing”

“No, it wasn’t” I argue

“Yes, it was”

“No”

“Yes”

“No”

“Will you two stop that?” my mother scolds us

Then, the both of us shut up and wait in the line as quiet as possible. When we got in the plane,  I was seated next to my brother and my parents on the other side. My brother impatiently waited for the whole safety to finish so that he can start watching a movie on the plane. From Manila to Japan, it was a four-hour flight. A long flight.

I switched on my phone and switched on the Airplane Mode. I went to music and started listening to Super Junior’s y, Free and Single. I watched as our plane went off to meet the clouds. It wasn’t my first time to fly out of the country. It was basically my tenth time for the last three years of my high school life.

My mind went off to thinking if Chinee would give my complete name to Donghae. I know she wouldn’t since I never said yes. Then again, she could because I didn’t say no. Why am I stressing about this? It’s just my name! Maybe he had a good time and wanted to know my full name because he was being polite or something, right? Tell me, am I right?

 

One hour early dinner, a two-hour movie and an hour’s worth a playlist later, we were finally about to land for Japan. The plane was circling around the area before it made the perfect position for landing. We were in Narita International Airport, which was an hour away from Tokyo. Thirty minutes later we were now walking out of the plane and the cold breeze greeted me. . I don’t want to wear my jacket! I look fat in it!

“Hon, wear the jacket, please? You’re going to catch a cold” my mother tells me

“I look fat in it”

“It’s puffy!” my mother butts in

“We’re going to mall later, you can buy a new one” my father tells me

“AMEN!”

 

 

And as my father promised, after an hour and forty-five minutes, we were at the mall. We were staying at The Keio Hotel, who had their own mall just a few blocks away. We walked in the mall and my mother and I went separate ways. My father and brother had their own thing going on. Toy cars. Cute, right?

My mother and I were walking, looking for a good store to buy a well-fitted coat. Walking in Mango, I say this really amazing coat. It was simple and in the color of black. I took the one in medium and pulled my mom towards the counter so that she could pay for it.

With the paper bag in my hand, my mom and I started walking around the mall. It was like I was still in the hotel, but it had those stalls of clothing and toys and other restaurants. Anyway, my mother had to pee so, she went to the nearest bathroom, which was next to Mango. So, we went back and then I waited for her outside.

I was whistling a song, until I heard screams. Everyone’s attention was caught as three men in black hats and coats were running. Girls were following them and some took pictures. From afar, I could see flashes of the camera.

“Oh! Japanese celebrities, that’s why” I said to myself. They were coming closer and closer to me. And then they passed in front of me and one of them said, “Hey, Max!” he waved

“Hey!” I greeted back. Wait, what? He knows my name?! And then the crowd of girls screamed as they passed by me.

“Oppppaaaaaaa!!!!!!!” they screamed

“Oppa?” I asked myself, “Koreans” I said. Could it be?

“Max!” my mom called, “Are you alright? What was that?” she asked, panicking

“Fangirls. Apparently, there are Korean celebs here” I said

“Oh” she says, “Well, shall we head back to the hotel?” she asked, “Or is there anything else you would like to buy?”

“None. I wanna take a shower” I said and she laughed

“Let’s go look for your father and brother”

 

 

My mom reserved two big rooms, one for me and one for the three of them. I have this personal space issue that my shrink suggested I deal with step by step. I tapped my card and went in my room, pulling my big luggage behind me. I placed my key on the desk and my bag by my bed. I took off my boots and unpacked my new Mango coat from its paper bag. I placed it on the bed and then tied my hair back. I roamed around the room that I’d be staying in for about seven amazing days. It had its own kitchen and small living room. A large bathroom with a glass walled shower and a large sink for one.

I then remembered to switch off the Airplane Mode of my phone and when my phone detected the WiFi in the room, it started beeping, Tweets, mentions, LINE messages and missed calls, Viber missed calls and Kakako talk messages from my friends and of course, Chinee.

I sighed and then placed my phone on the sink counter. I started playing music and then went back to the bedroom and took a comfy set of PJs. I took a really long and hot shower, relaxing under the heat of the water that was streaming down my body. When I finished, I wore my clothes, brushed my teeth, washed my face and dried my hair as u brushed it.

I then laid on my bed and started charging my phone. I have a long day tomorrow. Disneyland!!! I looked up at the ceiling and then thought . . . What rides should I ride tomorrow? I’m really excited!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second chapter guys!!!!!!! :)))))))) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!!

Than KYU to my subscribers!!!!!!!!! 

XOXO