Radio Shows

I'm In Love With An Idol

My heart raced at his little statement, "I didn't even know he was coming" I answered. 

"Neither did I" he replied, "But your eyes were on him, right?" 

"Are we really going to talk about this? I wasn't looking at him. I just glanced at him" I answered. 

"Wow" he sounded sarcastic, "Am I supposed to feel better about that?" 

"Yes, Hae. Actually that's what you're supposed to feel" I tell him. I got a little pissed and I know it's not just because I worked for like five hours. 

"Yeah, who am I to tell you not to look at him, right?" 

"Are you really going to fight with me?!" 

"I'm not fighting with you!" 


"Well, what the are you trying to do?! Donghae, you're not my boyfriend, first of all. Second, I wasn't flirting with Kyuhyun. I just glanced at him!" 

"Is there a difference?!" 

"Of course there is!! Are you serious right now?! There's nothing, okay?! There's nothing between Kyuhyun and I" I tried my best not to scream but with the way Donghae was acting, I just ... Just couldn't stop. 

"There's no point in talking to you" he mumbled. His speed picked up and he wasn't cautious anymore. 

"Donghae, slow down! I don't want to die!" I scolded him, "And by the way, there's no point in talking to you. You're the one with the issues here!" 

"I don't have issues" he defended himself. I just hissed and rolled my eyes at him, not even bothering to answer. 

What the ?! Donghae is acting all immature right now. Kyuhyun didn't do anything wrong. He just watched us as we did the photo shoot. What the was acting all ed up?!  I didn't do anything wrong, did I? I just talked to Kyuhyun and glanced at him and period. 

I let my eyes focus on the road and my arms crossed over my chest. My head was throbbing bad right now. Donghae is a huge pain in the neck and he's acting like he's my boyfriend right now. 

"We're here" he mumbled. Great! When the car stopped, I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and then opened the door. 

"Max!" He called me but I didn't bother to look back and I just kept on walking until I reached he front door of the large studio of MBC. They just checked my bag and I asked the lady at the front desk where the studio for Shimapa was located. 

"May I ask who you are, Ma'am?" She was sweet but she sounded like she didn't like the idea that I was looking for the studio. 

"I'm a friend of their's" I smiled, "Max Lee" 

She blinked a few times and then swallowed, "M-Max Lee? As in the girl that Lee Donghae is dating?" Wow. Of course she knows. 

"We're not dating" suddenly, he was beside me, "Come on," he pulled me away from the front desk even before I could react and realize what he was doing. 

"Let to of me" I tried pulling my wrist away from his really tight grip. He didn't let me go, he just tightened his hold on my wrist.

"Let's pretend that we didn't have that little talk in the elevator, okay?" 

"And pretend that I didn't get mad at you? Pretend that you didn't act like an immature man? No thanks" I said and then pulled on my wrist and he finally let it go. 

He face hardened and then I walked towards the elevator, pressing the 'Up' button. He was behind me, I could feel his breath on my neck, like he was about to whisper something. 

Then, a ping was heard. The doors of the elevator opened, I rode it with him trailing behind me. He pressed the floor number and we were there, silent and time tension filled. 

"Max" he called me 

"Don't talk to me" I wasn't just pissed at Donghae, I was confused with the way he acted. 

"Fine" and just like that, he dropped it. My jaw clenched and then my eyes closed. I felt hazy at the moment, not knowing why. 

"Donghae ... What was that about?" I told him not to talk to me but then here I am, talking to him. Weird. Women are weird. 

"I thought you said you didn't want to talk to me?" 

"Well, I'm talking to you now and will you please tell me what is wrong with you?" I leaned against the cold steel of the elevator. He kept his eyes on the doors, not wanting to make eye contact with me. 

"I was jealous" he mumbled and then finally made eye contact with me. He walked closer and closer until our faces were inches away from each other. He breath was hitting my face and my heartbeat was audible, "I knew you were distracted and it was because of him. I don't want that to happen again. I know I don't have the right to tell you what you can and can't do but still . . ." He trailed off. 

I looked at him. It was like his expression in the photos taken, pained and angry, "It's good to know that you know your limits" I mumbled, "Donghae, don't you trust me when I say it's you?" I asked him. 

"I do" 

"Then show me that you trust me" I whisper. He nodded with a slight smile and with a ping, the doors opened. He quickly pulled away from me and held my hand in his. 

We walked towards a studio where they had Shindong's face in a huge banner and turned it into the show's background. I giggled, "That's really cute" I mumbled. They had long, black leather couches on the side and then about seven computers on this really long table where the host and guest would sit during the show. 

I see Kyuhyun and Ryeowook in the far end of the table with one ear phone plugged in, "Hey, Max!" Ryeowook smiled at me with a wave. 

"Annyeong!" I walked towards them and then Kyuhyun patted a seat next to him. I smiled and when I looked down at the seat, there was a rose placed. I took it in my hands with a smile. I took a seat next to him and Donghae took a seat across me. I glanced at Donghae and he kept his gaze on Kyuhyun and me. 

"Max, I've seen tweet pics of you and Donghae at the shoot today" Ryeowook smiled at me. 

I giggled and blushed. Man, his smile is really contagious, "Well, there were fangirls there today. They chased us" 

"Really?!" Shindong suddenly appeared at took a seat, too. 

"Ne, hyung" Donghae answered

"You should've seen her, Hyung. Max looked really amazing today" Kyuhyun gave his comment about me which I smiled to as Shindong smiled at me. 

"Well, I'm excited to see the magazine" Ryeowook said

"We're not done with the shoot yet. We still have to do the other two concepts tomorrow" I added

"Shindong! We're on in ten!" A woman behind the glass that talked through the microphone said. 

Shindong raised his thumb, "Okay!" He nodded, "Max, wear the earphone and we're on in seven seconds" he said and I quickly did as I was told. 

"Good evening, Korea!" Shindong greeted the listeners, "How is everyone tonight? Good, I hope" he said, "Tonight, we have Korea's hottest pair! All the way from the Philippines, we have Max Lee and all the way from the Super Junior dorm, we have Lee Donghae!!" And then there were recorded claps that were played. 

"Annyeong! Max Lee here!" I greeted 

"Annyeong! Lee Donghae-imnida!" Donghae greeted, too 

"Max" Shindong called me

"Ne?" I answered 

"How does it feel to be paired with Lee Donghae in a magazine shoot. I'm sure everyone is excited to hear you. This is your first time to finally be interviewed, right?" Shindong asked me. 

"Yes, it's my first time to be interviewed. Well, it's nice to work with one of Asia's bachelors. It's a privilege to be part of this project" 

"Everyone knows that you're not really a professional model. Were you pressured when they offered you this project?" Ryeowook asked me 

"Yes. I was pressured. I mean, I didn't have experience in front of the camera so, when I did it the first time, with SPAO, I was scared but then at that time I didn't have a choice so I just did it. But when they offered me the ELLE Korea magazine shoot, I knew that I could be good with it but then I was still scared" 

"But for a first timer, Max is really good, right?" Shindong smiled 

"Ne! The audience impact was really impressive for a first timer and non-professional" Donghae added

"Donghae-sshi, how was it working with someone like Max? So young and possibly fragile with the fans' reactions?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"Max is really amazing to work with. She's professional and she's good in front of the camera. With regard to the fans' reactions, she was mature about it. She didn't complain when people where against it and she thanked the people who liked our tandem. She's really amazing" Donghae gave me a wink. 

"When you two were spotted in Japan, people kept asking if you two were dating. Since Donghae has already given his side of the story, why don't we ask Max?" Shindong winked at me. 

I laughed, "Wow! Haha! Alright, Donghae and I aren't dating. We're simply working and being friends. I'm sure many girls or should I say, women would be more fit for Donghae" 

"But if Donghae hyung would court you or take you out on a date, would you accept?" Kyuhyun asked me. 

"I don't see why I should decline. Donghae is a good man, a gentleman, actually. I could consider" I answered. 

"Donghae-sshi, you are aware of the , right?" Ryeowook asked Donghae. 

"Of course. But like what she said, it's simply work and friendship. Max is young and she has a lot to experience in life. I want to be part of that experience if she will allow it" 

"So, what you're saying is that you want to be part of her life?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"Of course. Max is a wonderful and smart girl. She's good at what she does. I think every man would want to be part of her life. Even us" he winked at me again. 

"Would you date her one day?" Kyuhyun asked Donghae 

"I would. I'm just waiting for the right time for us to date" he answered truthfully. 

I blushed. He didn't say anything that would give the listeners the direct idea but he indirectly admitted to the world how he felt about me. That's nice. A man who talks. 

"Max, is it not an issue that an older man somehow, likes you?" Shindong asked me. 

"No" I quickly and firmly answer his question. 

"Why?" Kyuhyun asked 

"Well, older men are more mature. That's my own point view. That's what I know and what I've seen between my parents. My mom and dad also have a huge and I've seen how my father takes care of my mother. It's amazing to see" I smiled at them. 

"Oh!!!" Ryeowook nodded in agreement, "So, you find younger men immature?" 

"Well, not exactly. I'm just saying older men have more experience in life. They have their priorities straight. They know what's right and what's wrong. Older men, they know what they want. I want a man who knows what he wants and knows how to get it" I answer. 

"Wow!!! So young yet she knows what she wants in a man!" Shindog commented, "How is it possible that you're this mature and advanced?" 

"I'm the eldest of two children. I have a younger brother who's ten years younger than I am. My parents taught me that being responsible should come at an early age, my case, when I was ten. When my brother came. My father owns a company. A company that I'm expected to manage whine the time comes. So, I would say, I was trained" 

Donghae kept his eyes on me. A smile was plastered on his face and he looked proud of me, "Wow!!! How about you, Donghae?" 

"I really don't mind the age. I mind the maturity and the connection I have with the woman. I want a woman who is independent and who can defend herself whenever needed" 

"And this leads us to their latest ELLE Korea magazine shoot" Kyuhyun said, "Tell us about the concept of this shoot" 

"Well, ever since the SPAO shoot, everyone was intrigued with Donghae and I and the management thought that it would be a good idea to keep the spark going. They did the nineteen fifties May-December relationship" I explained. I was getting comfortable with talking over the radio and being interviewed. I was starting to feel like a real celebrity with what we were doing. 

"Donghae, how did you cope with the concept? It's obviously new to you" 

"I was cautious with how I would be handling her. I didn't want to seem too harsh and over rated in the photos. I made sure that I showed the proper emotion in each shot" he explained. Yeah, handle me right, huh? You got mad because I glanced at Kyuhyun. 

"So, Max, would you consider being a model as a career?" Ryeowook asked me. 

"Ani. I have other plans for my career. But of course, if there would be an offer, I would accept. I just won't make it as a career" 

And then the woman behind the glass panel windows knocked and then did a cut throat. It signaled for a break and a ten minute music trip, "Well, that's it for now. Thank you, Max and Donghae. We are excited for the release of your magazine and we hope to see you again!" Shindong cheered. 

"Kamsammida!" Donnghae and I greeted over the microphone. Then, he show ended while the music was playing. 

"That was good, Max" Kyuhyun complimented me. 

I smiled and then raised the rose in front of my face, "Thanks" I winked. 

He shrugged, "No problem. Well-deserved. Are you busy tonight?" 

"Aren't you?" I asked back 

"Ani. I was planning to go out for dinner tonight by then I realized it wouldn't be fun to have dinner alone, right?" He smiled. Was that an indirect offer to a date? Or was I just dreaming? 

"Oh well, I didn't have anything planned for tonight" I said and then turned my attention to Donghae who was just watching us, "Donghae, are you going out tonight?" I asked him. 

He shook his head, "Ani. I'll be resting tonight. We had a long day today and expect a longer one tomorrow" 

I just remembered that we weren't done with the shoot just yet. We still have two more concepts to do tomorrow. Great. Kyuhyun ruffled my hair and then he said, "Can I take her out for a celebratory dinner?" He asked Donghae. 

Donghae looked at me for an answers. I breathed in deeply and then had my eyes roam around the room, "What time will you be back tonight?" Donghae asked the younger one. 

Kyuhyun rubbed his nape and flashed a sheepish smile, "Maybe at around nine?" 

"You're not sure what time she'll be home? I can't entrust you her safety if you don't know what time you'll be able to get her home" 

"Alright, Hyung. At around nine. Okay?" 

"Dinner, that's it?" Donghae cleared 

"Maybe even stop by Starbucks is she feels like having a cup" 

Donghae looked pale. Starbucks was something Donghae and I shared. Something both he and I had a memorable night, "Max, would it be okay with you?" He asked me. 

I cleared my throat. Damn. I didn't know if Donghae was waiting for me to say no to Kyuhyun's offer or was I waiting for him to stop me from going out with Kyuhyun, "Kyu, I'm just really tired and Donghae and I still need to discuss something later. Maybe after the shoot tomorrow we can hang out but for tonight, Donghae and I need to be together" I answered him and walked towards Donghae's side. 

Kyuhyun gave me a smile and then said, "Alright then. You two have fun" he winked and then took his bag from the couch and bid his goodbye to us. 

Donghae placed his arm on my shoulder, "Why?" 

"Why what?" I asked him. Acting confused. He pinched the tip of my nose and then conveyed our foreheads. 

"Why didn't you go out with him?" 
Donghae ruffled my hair. 

I made my thinking face, "Because it will start another fight with you" I smiled. He leaned and then kissed my forehead.