Red Roses

I'm In Love With An Idol

We walked towards the parking lot together, side by side. My hands were buried in the pockets of my shorts and my eyes were glued ahead of us. It was a little past seven in the evening. Not a little late for dinner and a few hours of playing rookie. Donghae was more silent than I am. 

"You're blushing" Donghae noticed. I looked up at him and then I have him a smile and shrug. I really was blushing and I couldn't deny that. 

"It's nice to receive a rose you know" I winked and then he unlocked the car and opened the door for me. I rode it and he closed the door after. Donghae walked to his side. He opened the door, rode in and then started the car. 

I was staring at the rose that Kyuhyun gave me awhile ago. A smile was plastered across my face. A smile that couldn't deny the joy that I was feeling. I raised the rose up to my nostrils and breathed in lightly. 

"You seem to enjoy that" he noticed me again and my obsession over the plant. 

I giggled, "This was really sweet of him to do" I mumbled, "Do you think ... I mean, not that I was hoping for it ... Do think that Kyuhyun might like me?" Wow. I knew the answer and yet I was so stupid to ask the question anyway. 

"Max, you're an amazing girl. There's not doubt that any man would like you, especially now that you're turning sixteen soon and that you've recently been paired with Asia's most handsome bachelor" he glanced with a wink. That was so smooth of him to say. 

I laughed, "Yeah, sure. I'm asking for your honest opinion, Hae" I said, "Don't bull me" 

"Okay first, watch your language. Second, I gave you my honest opinion. You're smart and funny and witty and independent. I think any man would be luck to have you" 

I sighed, "Thanks" but I was simply grateful that Donghae saw me as someone like that. The drive wasn't that long and in less than thirty minutes, we were back at the dorm, riding the elevator up the floor of Super Junior's dorm. 

When Donghae unlocked the front door with his code, it revealed the members in the living room, watching a movie. 

"Hey!" Kyuhyun greeted as he merged from the kitchen with a bowl of freshly popped popcorn. Donghae and I entered the dorm, closing the door behind us. 

"Come on, guys! Let's watch 'Twilight'!" Henry was there too. He was sitting next to Ryeowook who was busy taking photos of himself. 

I smiled, "Is it an 'Ultimate Twilight Saga Marathon'?" I asked Henry. I placed my on the sofa next to Siwon. 

"Hey, little lady! How did the shoot go?" He asked me and then his eyes landed on the rose that I forgot I was holding. 

I smiled sheepishly, "It was amazing! The make up and wardrobe the crazy fans who chased us! So much adrenaline in one day!" I giggled. 

"Yeah! I saw those stolen shots of you and Donghae running!" He agreed. 

"How does it feel?" Henry asked me 

"Hmmmmm ... I assume there's more to look forward to" I winked. Donghae sat beside me all of a sudden  and then took the rose from my hand. 

"Let's get this a vase. It might die" he said and then studied it first, looking all confused as to what he was looking at. 

"It's a flower, mister" I said 

"It seems like it's more than that" he said and then glanced at me. He stood up, leaving the rose on my lap and my mind thinking of what he meant. 

"Someone looks jealous" Siwon wiggled his brows at me. 

My eyes narrowed, "What?" I acted like I didn't know what he was talking about ... But then I really didn't know, so, I wasn't acting. He was jealous, yet again? 

"He's jealous" Henry said. Kyuhyun was clearly hearing this conversation. One, he was sitting on the floor, five or six steps away from the LCD. Two, he slightly turned his head to glance at us. Yeah, he heard it all right and his head was getting bigger.

"It's obvious that Donghae's disturbed with the rose" Siwon whispered but his whisper was loud enough to be heard by two people.  

"It's a flower. Period. I don't think Kyuhyun means anything romantic about it. It's simply ... A congratulatory gift" 

Henry and Siwon looked at me with their eyebrows arched, "'Kyuhyun'? No 'oppa'?" They asked. 

I blushed. I wasn't aware that I missed 'oppa' in that simple statement, "Kyuhyun oppa" I repeated. 

The movie was in the part where Bella had led Edward into the woods, that was the part where Bella had already found out that Edward wasn't a human being at all. Kyuhyun suddenly had stood up and placed the half empty bowl of popcorn on the table in front of us. 

"Stop that" he said and had pulled on my wrist and then pulled me up. I stood up and followed as to where he had wanted me to drag me. He pulled to towards down the hall. We stopped in front of the door of my door. He looked down at me. 

"You need to help me" he muttered 

I blinked, "With what?" 

"Seohyun" he said. Damn it. I can't believe this is actually happening. I was okay with him asking me for those simple sweet gestures but then here he was, asking for something else. 

"W-what about her?" I asked him 

"I need you to do me this simple favor, Max. If I tell you this, I want this to be between you and me" he whispered. 

"First, why are you whispering? Two, why are you asking me for help? I'm not a guy" I reminded him. 

He didn't answer but instead he reached behind me, twisted the knob of the door and it opens. We enter our room and he made me sit on my bed. He started pacing in front of me, back and forth. 

"Will you be talking to me or are you going to keep on doing that?" I asked him. He didn't even look at me and kept on pacing in front of me. I got bored as I watched him so I decided to lay down on my bed and then waited until he spoke. 

"I need to learn how to cook" he said 

I shot right up, "That's it?!" 

His eyes widened, "What did you expect?" 

"I don't know! I was expecting something serious, like, help you run away with her or some ridiculous !" I waved my hand up in the for emphasis and exaggeration. 

He sighed, "I'd want to do that but then I can't because I have a career and so does she. I just want to give her a surprise when she gets back. I want to make her favorite dishes" he 

I blinked. That's really sweet of him. I wish that's what he did to me. I looked at him and then stood up from my seat, "What does she like to eat?" I asked him. 

He smiled, "American dishes" he said, "Steak, pasta, mashed potatoes, roasted chicken, broccoli and so much more" 

I know I can teach him those but I had second thoughts. I was helping someone whom I am completely in love with, make someone else fall in love with him more. I was getting myself in deep deep trouble. Great. 

"Alright" I smiled. His face brightened and then took my in his arms, giving me a tight hug. My hands slowly kept around his shoulders and I returned the tight hug. This was like having a moment right out from the book. A moment where one can be as fantasized as fantasy can be. When we pulled away, our faces were so ing close. 

"Uhhhhh" Really, Max? That's it?! That's all you can say?! "When a---" "Max?" Donghae happened. 

Kyuhyun and I quickly pulled away. Kyuhyun had cleared his throat and burrows his hands in his pocket, "I'll talk to you later" he said and then I nodded. Kyuhyun walked past his hyung. 

Donghae had stayed put in his position. I swallowed and then looked at him, "Ne, oppa?" 

He walked in my room. There was this sudden shift of atmosphere between us. A denser one. He closed the door behind him. He looked good in his house clothes if you ask me. His biceps were off the hook! His shoulder were bold and looked like they were made from heaven. Wow!

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me for dinner? It's only eight in the evening ...." He smiled, rubbing his nape sheepishly. I was actually surprised that he didn't want to start another fight me just because he saw me and Kyuhyun. 

I nodded, "Sure"