Giving In

I'm In Love With An Idol

My father and I have had a lot of catching up to do. Although he easily gets bored with shopping, he made the effort to come with me to the mall and buy me new clothes and shoes and other that I need. My father kept in telling how I should never loose control whenever I'm with some guy I like. He's gone through the I-have-got-strong-urges stage, although it was awkward, my dad made his point. I know what he was trying to say and it made me think why he though otherwise. Anyway, e mad Emerson that he and my mother were in a twelve-year age ago and that he waited until my mother was of legal age when he asked my grandmother permission to court her daughter. Sweet, huh? 
He also mentioned that his type of man is rare and that I'd have to search high and low for someone like him to com into my life. I love my dad but, I have my standards of the perfect guy ... Which doesn't really exist. I know he just wants the best of the best for me but still ... I have my own way of search for that guy that I'd love to spend my life with. 

"See here, your mother was only twenty when I decided to marry her and I was already thirty-two then" he tells me as we continue raining around Forever 21. By the way, the Forever 21 stores in Korea are much, much bigger than the ones back in the Philippines. I'm so jelly. Three to fours floors to be exact 

"Why did you even want someone so much younger?"

"It wasn't about the age" he says, "It was about that warmth and comfort and security I got from your mother" 

"You felt secure around her? Someone younger?" 

"It's not age that dictates that ... It's the person" 

I couldn't argue with that, "Dad, are you worried that Aiden will just ... Be some ?" 

"I assume and expect he won't be. Have I mentioned that I won three gold trophies for practical shooting? I bet if you tell him that, he'd run off" 

I giggled, "Thanks, dad" I smiled, "I appreciate the concern and I understand that it's your job to do so but don't worry. He's not that type of man. He knows his limits and so do I. I know it sounds weird that I feel like I know him like I've known him since birth but ... I just know he won't do that" 

"You can't blame me for not being able to find the assurance. All of a sudden this man pops up in Japan" he aced his hands in exasperation. 

I laughed, "What a paranoid man" I said and then rubbed his back, "Stop worrying" 

"Which reminds me, don't you like that Kyuhyun guy?" 

I breathed in, "Uhmmm ... Yeah but you know, I easily change my mind about things. Besides, that was more of a fangirl thing" 

"And what 'thing' is this for you?" He asked with matching air quotes. 

"A real thing?" I smiled awkwardly 

"You mean to tell me that you really see your future with this man?" 

My eyes widened, "Well, not that far of a future but I might and I know I will consider this man to be ... The one" 

"Like a husband?!" My dad sounded weirded out. 

"No! Not that ... But you know ... Aiden's really nice and ... I just ..." 

"You're not in a relationship with this man, are you?" 

"Not yet" I answered 

"Wait until you're eighteen, young lady" 

"I will, dad" I smiled, "By the way ... I've been meaning to ask you this ... One of the guys ... Uhhh ... Asked me to have dinner with him  tonight and I was hoping that I could go?" 

"Are you asking for my permission or are you just informing me that some guy asked you out?" 

"A little bit of both" 

"I thought we were going to spend time today? You know that I'll be busy the whole two weeks" 

"Yeah but dad, it'll be quick three hours or less" I reasoned out. 

His face fell but he quickly nodded, "Be home tonight and this time I expect you to be on time" 

I smiled, "Thanks, dad" 

"Which 'guy' are you preferring to?" 

"Dad ... You don't need to know" 

"Oh yes I do" he says, "I need to know his name so I'll be able to track someone down if something will happen to you" 

"Cho Kyuhyun" I said. My father sighed with his right brow arched. When my father does that facial expression, you'll know he's irritated and . He'll probably have me under surveillance again, like the one he did before when I used to date this boy which never really happened. 

"Will he be picking you up?" 

"Of course, dad" 

 

And so three hours later, in my white cami dress and a pair of low cut black Converse, I was standing by the front door with Kyuhyun in front of me. He was holding a bouquet of roses and box of Ferrero in the shape of a heart. 

"Good evening, my lady" he bowed and handed me the box of chocolates and flowers. 

I looked down at the items in my hands and with a sigh, I asked, "Are you trying to buy me?"

"Not even close, Ms. Lee" he said in his failed yet seductive Christian Grey voice, "Would it be bad if I had something sweet and nice for someone in the combination of both characteristics? I heard women like these" 

"I bet Seohyun does" I said 

"Let's not mention her tonight" he said and offered his elbow to me, "Shall we, Ms. Lee?" 

I placed the chocolates and flowers in the living room couch where my father pretended to read the morning newspaper, which, by the way, was from yesterday. 


"What is that?" He asked, as if he didn't know what they already where. But I know what he meant. What are these for? Same question, dad. Only I can't answer that. 

"Flowers and chocolates from that guy I was telling you about" 

"He does know that you can afford these right?"


"Of course he does. He's just being a real gentleman. I'll see you later, dad" I kissed my dad's forehead and went on. 

I closed the door behind me and only then did I notice what Kyuhyun was wearing. A nice suit. Very nice. I just had my eyes on him, studying every detail of him. His hair was perfectly waxed up, away from his face. His eyes were more visible this time. Gone was the teenage boy and here was a responsible-looking man. 

"I sense that you're impressed, Ms. Lee" 

"Stop doing that" 

"Doing what?" 

"Being all 'Christian Grey' like on me" 

"Am I getting to you?" 

I rolled my eyes, "Can you be anymore annoying?" 

He shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe ii should provoke me?" 

"Nah! I won't bother. I might irritate myself if I do that. Where are we eating?"

"I was actually hoping that we could get dessert first ... I just saw this cake bar by t---" "Let's go" I pulled his wrist, brisk walking towards the elevator and down the the main lobby. 

 


While waiting for the ice cream and drinks, Kyuhyun and I decided to talk that will hopefully not lead us to fighting. Kyuhyun was sittin across from me in this so called "Cake Bar". It was literally called as is. They had about, I think, I've two hundred different flavors. From the basic to the quadruple flavors of ice cream cakes. 

"This is really nice, Kyu" I smiled, looking a round the small and intimate dessert station. 

"Nice, huh? I've been meanings to take you here but ... You know ... Things happen" 

"What did you want to talk about again?" 

"I think you should really give me a chance, Max" 

"That right would be for Donghae" 

"Can't I fight for what I want, too" 

"Not unless I allow you" I tell him, "Kyuhyun, we've been through this before. I don't want to expect that you'd even like me" 

"Give me time to prove it. Why is it so hard for you to give me a chance? Why is that you always use Donghae hyung as an escape plan?"

"I'm not!" I defend

"Give me a chance to prove myself to you, Max. I have the right to prove myself to you" 

"And I have the right to tell you to stop even before you can start" 

He sighed, looking irritated and obviously defeated, "Why do you hate me so much?" 

"Kyuhyun, you know I don't. I wouldn't have kissed you if I hated you. But there are times where people come and go in your life. It just ... Took me awhile before I realized that Donghae was there for me. Donghae was the person who came into my life. I thought ... It was you but really, you were just part of Donghae's life" 

"So, I'm just some person?" 

I swallowed. I didn't mean to make him feel like he's not worth my time but, I not going over this again. It's the same scenario we had the other night and I want to have a decent dinner well, dessert. I don't want to fight with Kyuhyun because basically, I'm tired. I don't want to be known as the person who didn't give him his chance. 

"Donghae Hyung and you aren't even a real couple. I think it's only fair that you give me this chance. Max, I will make you happy. I want to" 

"I'll be leaving in three weeks and counting so, there's not time for you" 

His shoulders fell, "Three weeks, huh? Does he know about this" 

"Yes" 

"And?" 

I just looked at him because there, for the first time, I've seen Kyuhyun's eyes both filled with that jealousy and sad feeling. I'd usually see anger, happiness but never jealousy. This is a first once again. He reached over the table for my hand, touched it, rubbing on my thumb, "Please ..." 

This isn't supposed to be hard for me. I know that I want Donghae but there's still this want deep in my soul that I want this man pleading in front of me. 

"Where do I find the courage to say yes to this?" 

"From that kiss. I know you felt something from that kiss" 

This is wrong, "That kiss was a kiss that you didn't even acknowledge! This is unfair! All of a sudden you're using it against me!"  

"And you know what I realized? That maybe you're this girl who's better for me. I know how smart, talented and responsible you are. Am I making sense to you? I bet not. I know you think I'm this immature little but not anymore" 

I sighed, "Donghae will get mad. Really mad at this. He won't be happy when he finds out that you're actually asking for this type of chance. Can you handle that? Can you manage to live a life with someone important to you is actually mad at you because of some girl?" 

"As long as this girl is worth it. I can manage to live with that. Please ..." 

"One chance, Cho Kyuhyun. If you ever and I mean ever make me look like some you found on the streets ... I'll cut off everything that's excessively hanging!" 

His smile was wide as a little boy's if he ever saw his first love after three days, "I won't fail you, Max" he muttered and brought the back of my hand to his lips. I have to honestly say, I felt butterflies in my stomach and my cheeks pooled heat and redness. My heart melted at the thought that Kyuhyun was finally in my life. Officially, he's part of my life. So is the res of Super Junior. 

"You have three weeks, Cho Kyuhyun. Three weeks to prove yourself to a fifteen year old" 

He flashed me a smug, "Ms. Lee, I assure you deep satisfaction" he winked and raided the back of my hand against his lips again, "I assure you" he whispered. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So very sorry for the late update :( anyway, this my birthday chapter update :) I'm finally sixteen! Happy weekend, guys! BTW, the SWING album is amazing! I got Ryeowook's photo card! 😚😚😚😚