What Lies Beneath

I'm In Love With An Idol

Selfishness is the reason why we get hurt. Why others starve and die because of hunger. Why other keep their mouth shut for what they feel. The reason why we’re never happy. But sometimes, selfishness is also called sacrifice. We make it a point that we’re selfish for other to be happy. We make it a point that we become selfish because we love someone so much that we can never see them unhappy.

 

His arms were wrapped around me as I woke up that morning. My back rested against his chest and his chin was on top of my head. He was sound asleep and he looked too fragile to wake up. I slowly turned around, making sure to be very, very careful not to wake up the angel beside me. Hi eyes were sore. He cried last night because of me.

I used my forefinger to trace his face. His eyebrows, nose, cheeks, eyelids and then his lips. Those pink lips that was so soft and supple. I closed my eyes and continued to slowly memorize every single feature of his face that can kill with every view photo. I felt his lips pucker and I opened my eyes to see him kissing my finger.

I smiled, “Hey” I greeted him and he pulled me closer to him. He placed a kiss on my forehead and then on the tip of my nose and then on both of my cheeks and I expected him to kiss me on my lips . . . but he didn’t.

“I want to  . . . but I know I don’t have the right” he said and opened his eyes to look at me, “Good morning, Max”

“Good morning, Hae”

He raised a brow, “No more honorifics, huh?”

I giggled, “Good morning, oppa”

“Better” he said and then pulled me closer. He ran his fingers through my hair and then he said, “Eighteen . . . you’ll be sixteen when?”

I rolled my eyes, “This year. July seventeen”

He nodded and then thought, “Exclude this year . . . I’d be left with two years to wait. Eighteen. You’ll be old enough to drive by then, right?” he asked

I nodded, “Of course. I’ll be old enough to vote, fly abroad alone without my parents’ consent and many, many more” I informed him.

He smiled, “Two years . . . twenty-four months, forty-eight weeks. That’s going to be awhile”

I placed my pal over his face, “And before all that . . . let’s have breakfast first” I teased and then quickly stood up and ran towards the bathroom to take a shower and do daily routine.

Donghae and I headed to the breakfast hall together. The members were already starting and we were the only ones to be left behind. As Sungmin saw us approach the table, he cheered, “There they are!”

Heechul looked over to where Sungmin was pointing, “Finally!”

“Where have you two been?” Siwon asked

“Hae, what happened to your eyes?” Hyuk pointed

“Yeah, hyung. You look like you cried” Henry added

I search the table and I see Kyuhyun sitting next to two empty seats. He looks at me and flashes me a smile, “Come on, hyung. Get her something to eat, she must be starving”

Hae sat next to Kyuhyun and I sat next to Hae, “Pancakes?” he asked me

“Ne” I nodded

He stood up and then went in line to get food for the both of us, “Look at Hae. You know, Max, Hae is usually sweet to us and a real gentleman to the ladies but with you . . . he’s a little bit more” Siwon pointed.

I blushed, “I think oppa is just really nice, that’s all”

I hear them chuckle, “Too nice” Heechul added

“Okay!” Donghae popped up, “What humiliation have they put me into?” he asked, placing a plate of chocolate pancakes and a tall glass of morning mango shake.

I smiled up at him and watched him as he took a seat, “They were just saying how nice you are to me” I picked up my fork and started eating.

My hand was placed on my thigh and Donghae held my hand under the table. I loked at him and he smiled at me and give me a wink. I smiled back at him, blushing a little and  I went back to eating my breakfast.

“What would you guys want to do today?” Siwon asked, reading a pamphlet in his hands

“Wake boarding!” Sungmin and Ryeowook cheered

“Mountain climbing!” Shindong, Henry, Zhoumi and Heechul said

Siwon had his eyes on Donghae and me, “How about you two, what would you like to do?”

Donghae turned his attention to me, “What would you like to do today?”

I bit my lower lip, “Uh . . . I guess swim?” I smiled sheepishly at Donghae

He nodded and then ruffled my hair, “We’ll go swimming today”

“And you, Kyuhyun?” Heechul asked

He breathed in, “I guess mountain climbing with you guys” he shrugged as if he didn’t have a choice at what he wanted to do today.

 

Donghae and I went back to our rooms, “I’ll see you in an hour, okay?” he winked

I nodded, “Ne”

Okay. An hour. I won’t let anything or anyone distract me from meeting up with Donghae in an hour. I’m going to be prompt and I’m going to keep my word. I will be seeing him in an hour. This is all so ing freaky. Last night, I kissed Kyuhyun and fell asleep on his chest and then I talked to Donghae and then he was upset because I forgot about our whole talk thing. And then I made him cry and then I got upset and then we hugged and then we slept in the same room, on the same bed.  

But that kiss . . . it was the most memorable thing I did last night. That kiss that I knew was wrong but never regretted. The kiss that I longed for so long . . . it happened last night. All of the things I never and have dreamed of happening, happened. Like a fairytale . . .

Then, there was a knock on my door. I swallowed and ran my fingers through my hair and then walked towards my door to open. He was smiling at me, “Hello”

“Hi”

“Can we talk?”

I nodded, “Come in” I answered

He stepped in and then I closed the door behind him. He took a seat on the large leather couch and then he patted a seat next to him, “About last nigh---“ “Save it” I cut him off.

“I know you love Seohyun . . . I get it. I just wanted to tell you that she’s not the only girl out there. There’s also me” I gave him a not-so-happy-smile.

“Max . . . you’re too young, that’s one”

“So if I was older, you would want me?”

“And hyung like you”

“So if I was older and Donghae didn’t like me, you’d want me?”

“And Seohyun and I . . . we’re . . . meant for each other” he defended

I closed my eyes at the painful statement his mouth just said. I breathed in and I could feel my heart pounding endlessly at this very moment, “I don’t want to force myself . . . if you don’t want me . . . then fine” I said

“That’s not it”

“Then what?” I looked at him, pained and angry, “You like me as a sister? That’s it?”

“Max, you’re just too young” he said

“And maybe one day, right? Someday? Is that it?”

He blinked, “Were you awake?”

“I was”

He fell silent on his seat, “The kiss last night . . .”

“I didn’t regret that”

“Neither did I” he quickly answered

I looked at him, “I’m confused”

He sighed, “I told you. You’re still too young an---“ “Max?” someone knocked on my door.

I sighed and then stood up to open the door, “Yes?” as I opened, I see Donghae standing outside my door.

“Hey, I was just going to . . . Kyuhyun?”

“Hyung” Kyuhuyn was suddenly behind me

“What are you doing here?” Donghae asked

“We were just talking about something”

“About what?”

“Kyu, I think we can talk about it later, okay?” I said and then gave him a smile and Kyuhyun knew what I was trying to say and he bid his good bye to Donghae and me. We were left and Donghae looked at me.

“Want to come in?” I offered

“Yes”

He sat on the edge of the bed and then looked up at me as I stood in front of him, “Look, he was just here to talk to me about something really important”

“And what would that be?” he asked me

I took a seat next to him, took one big and deep breath and then said, “Last night, we were having karaoke by the beach as we had dinner . . . when Kyuhyun and I finished, we laid down on the sand away from the member, where they couldn’t hear us. I ask Kyuhyun about Seohyun and then all of a sudden . . . I kissed him . . .”

His expression was plain. I didn’t know if he was angry or annoyed or upset or confused or irritated. He swallowed and then he breathed in, “You kissed him?” he asked

I nodded in my most guilty expression, “I did”

“You ditched me . . . so you could be with him?” he was definitely angry

“I’m sorry” I whispered, “But that was just it. We talked about it and we told each other that we were sorry and that we didn’t mean the kiss” I quickly told him this lie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my . . . 

XOXO 

Than KYU to my subscribers!!!!! :"""""""""> SML :""">