Being International

I'm In Love With An Idol

Chaos. That's one word to describe Super Junior. Take this moment for example, we were planning to have breakfast, I expected a decent and peaceful one but it wasn't. We were seated in one big, well, huge table in a private room in an American restaurant. It was an hour drive from the dorm to the restaurant, the drive wasn't peaceful either. 

I was seated between Donghae and Heechul oppa. There were waffles, pancakes, hot chocolate, coffee, eggs, scrambled and sunny side up, orange juice, mango shakes, French toast, Hungarian sausages. It would be a long breakfast, I suppose. 

Henry stood up and then raised his cup of coffee, "To the little sister we never had, Congratulations!" He made a toast for me, "We're going to miss you, especially Donghae hyung" 

I giggled as Donghae had his gaze on me, "Especially me" Donghae mouthed. 

I smiled and then it was my turn to give my speech, "I don't have older brothers, older boy cousins yes, but older brothers, no. I never expected that a simple girl like me would be an unexpected model and what's more, an unexpected dormmate of Asia's Super Junior. Thank you so much for treating me like a little sister, protecting me and defending me whenever necessary. Thank you for supporting the odd love story that Donghae and I started" I smiled at them, "It's an undeniable fact that Donghae and I want a relationship that goes against the law. I mean, I'm a minor and he's well, of legal age. Despite that fact, you guys chose not to stop us but let us choose and let us decide what would be best for the two of us. I just wanted to say that I love you guys" I raised my mango shake, "To family" 

"To family!" They cheered and raised their drinks up and clinked. 

I sat back down and Donghae turned to smile at me and then he raised his glass between us, "I'm going to miss you" he whispered. 

I reached for his nape and then pulled him closer to me, "So will I" 

"Hey! No PDAs!" Siwon pinted and then we quickly pulled away. Donghae and I blushed and then we started eating 

Pancakes and waffles and bacon, YUMMOW!!! "Max" Heechul called me. 

"Ne?" I answered and looked at him 

"I was wondering, do you have other siblings?" 

I nodded, "Not siblings, just a little brother" 

"Really?" Ryeowook asked and I nodded. 

"How old is he?" Siwon asked with a mouth full of waffles. 

"He's seven" 

"Seven?! And you're fifteen, right?" Shindog cleared. 

"Some , right?" I smiled

"Is it hard to take care of a seven-year old?" 

I pursed my lips, "Sometimes, well, most of the time" I admitted. 

"So, are you considering to have kids someday?" Kyuhyun asked me. 

I raised a brow, "What?! I'm fifteen! What are you talking about?" 

"Yeah, Hyung! She's fifteen! But no seriously, are you considering having kids?" 

My shoulder dropped, "Oh my God" 

Donghae rubbed my shoulder, "Hey, come on, even if she's eighteen, we don't have the right to ask her about such matter" 

"I wouldn't say I'm ready to have kids but come on, I can't believe that we're even talking about this" I felt so embarrassed and I didn't even know why. 

Suddenly, someone's phone started ringing. It was Siwon's, "Ne? ... Now?! But it's only eleven in the morning ... Alright" and then he disconnected the call. 

"What was that about?" I asked, taking Donghae's cup of hot chocolate and then I took a sip. 

"Manager wants us at Star King" 

"NOW?!" We all asked. 

"Now" he answered 

"Waiter! Bill please!" I called

 


I was simply watching the chaos in front of me. People were shouting, clothes were flying, make up containers and brushes were everywhere and the idols where reading the segment script. It was the same atmosphere when we shot for SPAO, crazy. 

I think Heechul noticed that I was simply watching everything happening. The boys were having their hair fixed, blow dried and all that and then some were having their make up done. 

"Excuse me?" Someone tapped my shoulder and I turned to look at who that person was. 

"Hi" I smiled at her 

She extended her hand out to me, "I'm Tracy Joon, I'm the segment producer and I was wondering if you could join Super Junior for their interview" 

I took her hand and we shook, "I'm Max Lee and uhhhh ... I would like to buy I don't think I ca---" "Great! We should get your hair and make up done then" she smiled and then pulled me up from my seat. She made me sit on a vacant chair beside Sungmin and Ryeowook oppa.

Sungmin raised a brow, "You're doing the show with us, too?" He was amused with another sudden work offer. 

I nodded, "I wasn't supposed to but then she just dragged me and made me take a seat to get my face and hair done" 

"Max, this interview will go viral of you same something you're not supposed to" Ryeowook said and then my face suddenly fell, "I'm just warning you, a small comment would give a million other sub-comments from the audience. Always play safe with your answers" 

"Yeah, Max" Henry was suddenly behind me, looking at me through the mirror. 

"We know that this isn't your first interview but a love show is different from magazine articles. A lot different" Siwon added 

I was suddenly worried and I felt like I really shouldn't do the show. I mean, what if they misinterpret what I say? "Don't care her. She will do fine" Kyuhyun passed behind me and then smiled at me through the mirror. 

Henry had raised a brow at his hyung and Kyuhyun just gave him a straight face and proceeded to the bathroom located inside the dressing room, "You know what weird about Kyuhyun hyung, he just hated you at first and I don't just mean that he was tired and all that but he really hated you" he said. 

"Yeah and after the whole thing, when he finally talked to you, he suddenly became sweet and soft" 

"That's just Seohyun's effect on him. Did you remember the time he actually cleaned his room? That was all because of Seohyun" I pointed and then Henry stepped to his side to give way to the two people who were about to work on me. They started doing the base on my face and then the other girl started curling the ends of my hair. 

"Yeah, but it's the first time he listened to someone and that someone would be you" Siwon said 

"Well, I was just a little authoritative over him" I defended

"And so was Leetuek hyung when he was around" 

Oh. I just didn't mind answering anymore and let the ladies fix me, like a little doll. When they were done, just then we were all called to enter the stage. I could hear the screaming of the fans. My stomach suddenly tied in knots. Do they know that I would be joining the interview too? 

"You nervous?" Donghae asked me and he took my fingers, entwined it with his. 

I looked up at him, "No" 

"Good" he said and gave me a kiss on my forehead. I close my eyes as he does so and when he looks down at me again, he says, "Don't worry about it. Just think of it as a one on one" 

Henry was all of a sudden next to me and he placed his arm over my shoulder, "Let's get this party started!" 

 

Donghae and I held hands as we walked out towards the stage. The fans were screaming louder andlouder as the members had started appearing. Donghae and I were the last one to appear and that's when I saw that people, well, a lot of people were supporting us. Wow. I thought we had more haters than supporters, although, I wasn't completely sure about it but you guys get the point, right? I could clearly see the love the fans give for Donghae and the rest of Super Junior. 


"Wow!!! Look at that! Super Junior and their leading lady, Max Lee!!" The host said. 

We bowed and then we waved at the fans. Eunhyuk had the mic and said, "Thank you for the warm welcome! Thank you for the continuous support that you give us and of course, Max" 

The audience clapped and so did we. The host made us take a seat and then he started the show with a few light questions, "It's nice to have Super Junior and of course, the famous Max Lee. Max," the host turned to me and I quickly gave him a smile that signaled  him to continue, "How does it feel like to work with such talented men?" 

"Well, modeling is not my forte and I know it never will be. It's actually a great opportunity for me to be working with people like them. They are not only caring, they're also mentors on set. Sometime, they would ask me what is like to eat after the shoot" 

"Ohhh! Are you spoiled?" He asked me 

"Nope" I smiled at him and shook my head. 

"Max is really light to work with. We used to work with women who are hard to approach or even ask for then to eat with us because they barely eat anything but Max has a really huge appetite. Very nice to take out on buffets" Hecchul said 

"All of you seem to be very close, as seen in a few photos and from what I've heard from other reliable resources, all of you seem to have developed a good relationship with her" 

"Max isn't hard to approach. She's actually very accommodating and very sweet" Siwon added. The crowd was continuously noisy and they kept on cheering and cheering   

"Well, you are all grown men and what did it feel like to suddenly have a sister whom we have heard is known to be a huge fan of Super Junior?" 

"It was flattering and of course, on our part, it was a little of a challenge since we acted like her older brothers the whole time we would be together" Donghae said. 

"Max, we all know how you met these wonderful gentlemen, how was it like when you were suddenly close with these idols?" 

I was about to speak when the girls suddenly screamed "We love you, Max! MaxHae!" It was our love team! Wow! I smiled widely at them and then giggled, "Wow! Donghae oppa, did you hear that? We have a name!" I looked at Donghae and he smiled and chuckled, "Well, to answer that question, I was actually happy, well, who wouldn't be. But honestly I was simply touched with how they treated me. I know that their fans know how nice and sincere they are but I have to tell you that if you actually get to spend more than a day with them, they're a lot cooler and more different. They're more fun and accommodating. I don't have older siblings, a younger brother and that's it. With them, I felt like I had more than simply idols next to me. I get like I had a family, siblings from another set of parents" I said. 

The host gave me a really sincere smile, like he's never heard of such dedication from one person. Donghae had ruffled my perfectly fixed hair. The girls screamed louder and then the boys chuckled. The host cleared his throat and spoke, "Donghae and Max seem to have a really influential chemistry. Max, are there other members whom you find to be attractive?" 

"They all are but of course I see Donghae as the most attractive member. He's cute, childish, sweet, funny and most of all caring. That makes a man attractive." 

"Is that a personal preference of yours?"

"I think any woman would like a man just like Donghae" I blushed. 

"Do you like Donghae? Is he your bias?" 

No. "Ne" I smiled, "I've been really attracted to Donghae ever since" lying on television wasn't a crime but, lying to someone whom you're close with ... A mortal sin. 

Donghae kept his gaze on me but I didn't bother to look at him. The host turned to the members, "How are they in front of you guys?" 

Heechul cleared his throat, "Actually, they would try their best to avoid being sweet but sometimes they have the funniest failed attempts" 

Face palm for Donghae and I. The crowed went wiled at the statement released, "There's just something about the two of them. The only thing that we find that's actually stopping them from being a real couple would be the age disparity. Max is a minor and we're talking about some serious law breaking if ever Donghae pursued courting a fifteen turning sixteen year-old girl" 

"Max, what would be the legal age in the Philippines?"

"Eighteen" 

"Two years from now, Hyung" Kyuhyun glared at his Hyung and the host laughed, thinking it was all just a joke or a piece of mocking that was intended  for a simple laugh. 

 

"Alright, when we get back, we'll get to know more about Max and Super Junior after a few commercials" the host smiled at the camera and it went on commercial. 

 

Donghae sighed he'd as Kyuhyun kept his eyes on us. It was pretty much an assured  gaze of mockery, "Donghae stop looking at him" I whispered. 

 

"I'm not looking at him, he's lookin at me" he argued. I dug my nails on his wrist and he gritted his teeth to prevent himself from letting out a soft cry. I widened my eyes as a sign that I was threatening him. He just sighed and then kept his eyes on me. 

"Alright, I won't look at him. If just be looking at you. Do you mind?" He flashed me that smirk. 

 

I swallowed and then suddenly, there flashes from out sides and then in front of us. They were taking pictures of the most unlikely couple between Seoul and Manila. Donghae's eyes were still on me and then I said, "Id rather that you pay attention to me" I winked. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!!!! Sorry for the super duper late update for this story. I've been really busy being a senior. I find it hard to find time to update but don't worry, I won't leave this story unfinished and my readers hanging. Thank you so much for the support and love 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘