Jeju

I'm In Love With An Idol

What does it really mean when we say 'May-December Relationship'? As far as I know, these relationships are either between a younger woman and an older man or a younger man and older woman. I've seen many of these types of couples, like Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore. Demi's older than Ashton. Our concept of ELLE Magazine was a May-December Relationship that was in the year of the fifties.

The year when girls would wear ruffled and checkered bras and , high-waist shorts and Keds were a big thing and hairspray was like water. The fifties was one of the eras that I liked most. They looked so classic and at the same time, trend setters. In the fifties, women were enrolled in fancy and expensive finishing school just to be a wife. Stupid, right? They would be taught the proper way of cooking using the stove and still look pretty. They were taught how to clean the house while wear three-inch heels.

We would be doing four different shoots for the May-December ELLE issue. The first shoot would be where I was dressed as this nineteen fifties high school girl and I would be hanging out with my friends at an ice cream parlor and Donghae saw me.

The second concept was where Donghae and I would be sitting on the grass in the park with a basket filled with food in front of us.

The third concept would be when Donghae and I would run away because my parents are against our relationship. The fourth one would be when Donghae and I would be standing in front of a church and he’d propose to me.

As I review the copy of the contract that I signed, I thought about how it would be like to be doing it. I know this is isn’t my first time but this is my first time doing a shoot with Donghae after he . . . told me what he felt.

I took my reading glasses off and placed it on the bedside table. I rested my back against the headboard and then looked at the white wall in front of me. It reflected what I was thinking about. The nothingness of everything. Every time I think about what Donghae said and the way he looked at me . . . it pains me again and again and again.

AS I was having this dramatic moment on my bed, there was this knock on my door, “Come in!” I said.

The door opened, “Hon?” my dad smiled at me and then rested against the foyer of the door, “There’s someone here to see you” he said.

I got out of bed and stood up, “Who?” I was looking over his shoulder and then I see this shy man, rubbing his nape as he smiled at me.

My dad stepped out of the way and then I walked closer to this shy man, “It’s nine in the evening” I said, “What are you doing here?” I asked him.

He cleared his throat, “The boys and I would be out for four days . . . We’d be going to the beach. I was wondering . . . would you like to come with us?”

I looked back at my dad. He closed his eyes and nodded with a smile. I smiled back at him and then turned my attention back, “Sure!”

Donghae smiled again and then looked over my shoulder “Thank you, Mr. Lee. It means a lot to me” Donghae thanked my father. I didn’t hear him reply but I assume he just nodded with a smile again.

“So . . . that’s why you’re here? To ask me out?”

He nodded, “Well, not just out . . . to the beach, actually”

“The beach?!” WOW. I was expecting like, the lake or hiking but the beach? Which I assume would be Jeju, right? Because that’s where they would always go, right?

“Ne”

“Come on, Max” my father suddenly says, “Give Donghae a chance”

“Dad, you’re really allowing me on this?” I asked him. That wasn’t usual for my father. He wouldn’t even allow me to sleep over at my friend’s house!

“Yes.” He answers quickly and then walks away so that Donghae and I would have privacy. When my father successfully left us, I had my eye on Donghae.

“If you don’t want to or you’re not comfortable, it’s okay. You don---“ “I didn’t say that I didn’t want to” I cut him off. I was just . . . a little shocked with the sudden invitation to the beach at nine in the evening” I smiled.

His eye brightened up, like a little boy who saw a candy, “So . . . you’re coming with us?”

I nodded, “What time would you pick me up?”

“Around . . . four thirty in the morning . . . would that be okay?”

“Sure!” I smiled, “So  . . . We’re going to Jeju, right?”

He nodded, “Do you have those . . . uh . . . bikinis?” he asked

I giggled, “You going to Jeju, right?”

He nodded, “Do you have those . . . uh . . . bikinis?” he asked

I giggled, “Yeah. I have one of those”

He rubbed his nape again. He really looked like an innocent little boy with the way he looked at me right now. I just smiled at Donghae until he felt the awkward silence, “I should go” he says, “I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” he reminded me as we walked towards the front door.

“Ne, oppa” I smiled and then he stepped out but he was still looking at me. I smiled and rested my body against the foyer, “Good night, oppa”

“Good night, Max” he smiled and then turned his back on me and walked to the elevator. With a ping, he rode it and then he was . . . gone.

I closed the door and as I did, my father suddenly walks towards me with a wide smile on his face. I looked at him, “What’s with that smile, dad?”

“He likes you” he says

That was simple and fast, “How do you know?”

“I’m a man”

Okay. That was really obvious, “And . . .?”

“He’s a real man, Max. A real gentleman. He asked for my permission and I didn’t like the idea at first. But he assured me your safety. He assured me that he will be responsible as regard for your comfort. We agreed upon a separate room for you. He will look after you twenty-four seven”

“That’s why you said yes?”

“Partially” he smiled, “Get your things ready” he reminded me

I smiled, “Thanks for trusting me, dad” I thanked him and went to my room and I started packing. I took out my backpack and then started stuffing it with my personal needs.

 

It took me awhile before I fell asleep and it was just a quick nap. I got up at around four in the morning and took a shower. I didn't want to smell wierd in front of the boys. When I got out of the shower, I was wearing my short and large shirt and then I wore my flip flops.

As I finished brushing and drying my hair, a knock on my door was heard. I quickly too my backpack and my duffle and opened my door. My father was smiling at me and then I see Donghae wearing a white wife beater and then beach shorts and white flip flops.

I smiled ay him, "Hey"

"Hi, Max"

My father cleared his throat, as if reminding Donghae and I of his presence, "Take good care of my daughter, Donghae" he reminded.

"Yes, sir"

 

Donghae and I got out of the elevator and I see their black SUV in front of the doors of the apartment. The bellboys opened the door of Donghae and I. He was carrying my stuff, by the way. A real gentleman. So cute. 

The door opens and I see Heechul smiling at me with his ahir up, like he didn't fix himself, "Hey, Max!"

"Oppa!" I rode the SUV with Donghae behind me

"Annyeong, Max!!" everyone greeted me

"Annyeong!!" I greeted back

"Hey, Max" manager spoke up from the front seat, "Are you ready?"

"Ne" I smiled in the dark. I knew he couldn't see me, I still smiled

"ALRIGHT!!!! LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!!!!" Shindong cheered and then we started driving off to the airport. 

 

The ride was more than rowdy. I couldn't believe that they were this noisy in the SUV. I thought they'd just sleep on the way. But they were singing and talking and shouting and laughing. I know it would be mainstream for me to say that their bond was like family. A real family. More real than any family I've ever seen. 

 

Less than an hour later, we were in the airport. There were fans wiating and taking picture os us. donghae, of course, was holding my hand and my eyes were glued to our clasped hands. People were talking, asking them questions, asking me questions. I didn't answer because Donghae was pressing my hand, telling me not to. 

When we got in, we didn't wait anymore, we were the ones being waited for by the plane. We were late for out flight! Donghae and I ran towards the gates with the other members following behind us. We presnted our tickets and we rode the plane. We took the first row in the first class section. Donghae and I were seated by the window. I was next to the window and Donghae sat next to me. We were int eh same row with Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Siwon oppa.

 

A little over five minutes later, after all the reminders have been said, the plane took off for Jeju. I was still sleepy so . . . yeah . . . I ended up sleeping. I rested my head on Donghae's shoulder and fell into deep, deep sleep.

It was too cozy. I was sure I was alseep. I could feel the cold air conditioning, Donghae's soft skin and muscular arm. I could hear his voice too, "I'll take care of you, Max" he whispered. I didn't know if I was dreaming or I really did hear it. 

"I'll give you the life you never imagined you'd be living. I'll protect you . . . I will love you, Max" he was whispering, being careful with his words. He was then my hair, "See me as me. Don't look at Kyuhyun. I'm here. I'm the one here. I'll always be here" he whispered and this time, he kissed my forehead. 

A kiss that felt like it wanted to be just more than a simple kiss. It wanted to be more than a gesture of sweetness. I think it was a gesture of loyalty and honesty. A kiss that was meant to be shared by people who can communicate. A kiss that was meant to be shared by Donghae and I. 

I cuddled in closer, clinging onto his biceps, pretending to be in deep sleep when I was wide awake. I heard everything, felt it all. Wanting to hear more. With what I heard, I was thinking, if I didn't like Kyuhyun and I liked Donghae, would it still be the same between him and I? Would I've just said that he'd be my boyfreind on the day he confessed?

I don't know . . .

 

We all rode another SUV towards our hotel. I was quiet the whole ride. I didn't know if I was just sleepy or I was too shocked of what I heard, which I wans't sure if I really heard it or it was just this insane drema of mine.

"Are you okay?" Kyuhyun tapped my shoukder. He sat beside me, by the window. I looked at him and nodded weakly. He cocked his head to the side and added, "Are you sure?"

I nodded, "I'm just a little sleepy" I said ina fanit tone 

He looked at me, "Wanna?" he offered me his shoulder 

I smiled, "Can I?"

"Of course"

I placed my head on his shoulder. He's taller thna Donghae. His shoulders were skinnier than Donghae's. His scent was strong than Donghae's. I loved him more thna I loved Donghae. This was the moment I never imagined would ever happen. My head was on his shoulders. He offered it. I didn't ask for it. I was against him, breathing in his scent. 

Ten minutes later, we arrived at the hotel. Men from the hotel took our bags from the back and then waited for us as we were checking in the hotel. The manager was busy talking to the lady behind the desk but she was busy looking at the men waiting in front of the desk. She wa blushing as she stared at each member one by one. When she saw me, her eyes grew wide and then she pulled out a magazine from her desk, "Is this her?" she asked the manager 

The manager sighed but then he nodded, "Yes"

She giggled like a little girl, "OMG! I think you and Donghae make a cute couple!" she showed us our photo for SPAO Japan that was featured as an advertisemnt in NYLON Korea. 

Donghae and I smiled, bowing as well, "Kamsamnida" boht of us said and Donghae and I looked at each other. 

"Are you two dating?"

"ANIYO!" we both defended and we blushed 

"Please give us four big rooms for these immature men" the manager requested with a smile the no one can ever resist.

The lady giggled, "Yes, sir"

"Hae, will she be staying alone?" Sungmin  asked as he fiddled with the ends of my hair. It made those cute curls when you laid down while your hair was still wet. 

Hae slapped Sungmin's hand away, "Don't do that" he warned, "Yes, she'll be staying in a separate room. Next to ours. I need to look after her twenty-four seven" he spoke. 

"You're jealous" Sungmin teased 

"I'm not!" Donghae defended 

"Yes. You. Are" Heechul butted in 

Donghae blushed and then I giggled, "Alright!" the manager spoke up and we all listened, "Room 3401, it will Max's room. Room 3402 Kyuhyun, Donghae, Sungmin and Hyuk. Room 3403 Heechul, Siwon, Henry and Zhoumi. Room 3404 Ryeowook, Shindong and I will be staying there" he started handing us the keys. 

We headed to the elevator and then Donghae whispered, "Did you enjoy?"

I raised a brow, "Enjoy what?"

"His shoulder?" he asked and then he didn't wait for my answer and walked ahead of me. I was there, walking with my backpack and a thought hanging. 

What was that about?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!!!! :)))) Chapter eleven!!!! :)))) 

SML for my new and old subscribers!!!! than KYU so so so so so so so much for the never ending support!!!!!!!

XOXO