Almost

I'm In Love With An Idol

As I saw Donghae take a seat, I gave him a warm smile and a goodbye wave. I wanted to join them on their little trip underwater, but then my body ached for the bed and more sleep. Heechul turned to look at me and asked, “You’re really not joining?” he pouted.

I shrugged with my nose coiled in a cute manner and crossed my arms over my chest, “Ani, oppa. I’m tired” I smiled at him, “But you guys enjoy scuba diving, okay?”

“Kyuhyun’s not coming” Sungmin said as he looked at his phone, “He said he’s going to play Starcraft and he doesn’t want to get sun burned” Sungmin shrugged and placed his phone in his bag, “Hey, Max! Come on!”

I shook my head, “You guys enjoy!” I waved as I heard the engine of the boat roar. With one last look, Donghae gave me the warmest smile and gave me waved as they went farther away from me.

As they went to the farther, I turned my back and walked back to the hotel. It was one in the afternoon, my last afternoon on this island before we head back to Seoul and get started with the photo shoot for ELLE Korea and the boys, with the shoot for my family’s business.

I slowly and lazy went up to my room with my head down because of lack of sleep for the past couple of days. As I rode the elevator, I suddenly thought of Donghae. I wish he’d enjoy scuba diving, I hear it’s his first time. I smiled to myself like a crazy person.

I wish I could see Donghae’s smile as he did his diving for the very first time. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be there to see him. I cocked my head from one side to the other, stretching it a little to relieve the soreness I was feeling on my neck.

With a ding, I walked out of the elevator and walked straight and took a left and then walked straight ahead and then took a right and I expected that no one would be by my front door . . . until I saw him lean against my door. I quickly walked back, hiding, not wanting him to see me. He looked like he was talking to someone . . . someone I didn’t see . . .

“So . . . uhh . . . I was wondering if . . . you . . . , Kyuhyun!” he hissed at himself and I covered my mouth to restrain my laugh, “Come on! Just ask her to eat out or something” he talked to himself and then he cleared his throat again, “Okay” he started, “Hi, Max . . . uh . . . there’s this coffee shop by the shore . . . there’s this band playing there too . . . I was wondering if you’d like to---“ “Like to what?” I asked with my hands behind my back.

I walked up to him and he looked really tensed and scared all at the same time. I cocked my head at him and then asked again, “Like to what, Kyu?”

He gave me shy chuckle and then rubbed his nape, “Uhh . . . there’s this new shore by the coffee . . . uhhh no . . . that came out wrong” he closed his eyes and then shook his head, “Uhh . . . Max, you know . . . uhhh”

“We don’t have all day, Kyu. There’s this coffee shop by the shore . . . would you like to go and see if it’s wrong someone’s time?” I asked him.

He smiled at me and then nodded, “I was about to ask you the same thing”

“Actually, you gave me the idea” I smiled, “Let’s go?” I held out my hand and then he took it. It was an amazing feeling to finally have him with me. To have with me as a friend and nothing more than that. I promised Donghae he’d be the only one and I’d keep that promise.

 

The coffee shop was nothing like you would see in the big city. It was somewhat different. It wasn’t air conditioned, it only had those fans attached on the ceiling, well, it was more like propellers and big ones, too! The whole shop was made up of bamboo, even the ceiling itself. There were a couple of vacant seats and there was also a mini bar but in that mini bar they serve coffee with shots of vodka. Cool, right?

Kyuhyun and I took a table outside, where there was this big umbrella above us and the table was made up of wood and the chairs were also made up of wood. Kyuhyun and I waved at the waiter and he smiled at us as he walked towards us. He handed us the menu and then I scanned it.

Everything on the menu looked so delicious and they only served snacks to match the coffee and other drinks the customer would order. Kyuhyun had his forefinger on his lips, thinking of the perfect drink.

“I’ll have a Caramel Frappe, grande and a plate of mango pie” I smiled at the waiter who quickly wrote down my order.

“I’ll have an Americano, a tuna croissant and two glasses of water” Kyuhyun said and with that, the waiter left to get our orders prepared.

I breathed in deeply, stretching my arms under the table, “Donghae hyung’s wearing something like that” he suddenly said.

“What?” I asked

He puckered his lips, “That bracelet. Hyung’s wearing one just like it . . . in red”

I looked down at my wrist and then saw the blue bracelet I wore, “Oh . . . this is---“ “Where did you two get it?” he asked, not letting me finish.

“An old lady gave it to us . . . Donghae and I saw some sort of fortune telling house . . . it was weird, though” I pointed.

He took my wrist in his hands and touched it, “I want to get Seohyun and I a pair of these, too”

I simply flashed a warm smile at him. I wanted to feel hurt and dismayed and all that but then . . . I didn’t have the right to do so . . .

Kyuhyun released my wrist and sat back in his chair, “When’s your birthday?” he asked

“July seventeen” I answered

He nodded, “That’s four months away,Max” he said, “And you’d be . . . sixteen by then?” he asked

I nodded, “You know, you’re really good at math!” I tried to make my statement sound sarcastic and at the same time sound like I’m so freaking amazing.

“HAHA. Very funny” he narrowed his eyes at me, “But seriously . . . You’d be sixteen . . . that’ll give hyung two years . . .”

I breathed in, “Yeah . . . we’ve talked about it . . .”

“He said he’ll wait, right?”

I nodded, “Yeah . . .”

“It doesn’t seem like it . . .” he looked away and then breathed in

“What do you mean?”

“Last night . . . he was kissing you”

“That was part of the dare, Kyu”

“And you let him kiss you just because it was part of some game?”

“I didn’t want to be a kill joy” I admitted

“And in fact you and hyung clearly enjoyed it, right?”

Out orders arrived and as the waiter left, a cold and bitter atmosphere came among us. Kyuhyun took his cup and sipped. I took my drink and took a bite off of my pie. It was amazing. It tasted so good. The pie crust was flaky and the crème was made to perfect whip and then the mangoes were sweet and in season.

“Are you just going to savour your pie or are you going to talk to me?” he pulled me out of my food moment.

I cleared my throat and took a sip of my drink, “What would you like to talk about?”

“You and hyung” he was fast and straight to the point

“Why?”

“Because . . .”

“Because what?”

“I want to know”

“Know what?”

“Just tell me . . . are you together or are you together together?” he asked me

“I can’t seem to tell the difference” I annoyed him, “Please elaborate” I gave him the chance and he took it.

He breathed in and looked around us and then back at me, “You two look perfect, Max. I think you already know that. Hyung really likes you . . . I know that you’re obvious to that as well”

I nodded, “I’ve read it online as well” I smiled

“So . . . is this really a serious thing?”

I nodded, “Donghae and I promised . . . we’d look after each other, take care of one another and he promised he’ll wait. I promised I would only look at him” I said in a faint voice.

He nodded, “That’s good. I mean . . . a test of faith and patience for both parties” he smiled at me and then took another sip of his coffee.

I smiled as a response. I felt so uneasy to talk to him about something that only involved Donghae and I alone. There was this unexplained feeling in my heart that wanted me to tell him more than I should and there’s this feeling inside me that wanted to just shut up and keep my answers limited. And that’s what I did.

“So . . . I’d like to go with you . . . you know, you want to look for matching bracelets, right? I can help you find a really good one” I offered.

He smiled, “We can do that tomorrow. We still have time tomorrow” he sad and I just nodded in response.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun’s phone rang and he immediately answered, “Ne?” he answered and his eyes quickly grew, “MWO? . . . How is he?” he asked and with his tone I got worried.

“Why, what’s wrong?” I asked but he didn’t answer me. He stood up, placing his phone between his shoulder and ear as he continued to talk. He pulled out his wallet from his back pocket and then pulled out bills, placing them on the table.

He took my wrist and then started to drag me back, “Where are you?” he asked, “Well, ! Hurry up! He needs medical assistance!” he took his phone in his hand and then disconnected the call.

“What?! Who needs medical attention?” I asked him

“Donghae hyung”

“WHAT?! WHAT THE HAPPENED?!”

“Let’s just get the paramedics ready, they’re on their way back to shore”

“Kyuhyun, tell me what happened!!!” Kyuhyun and were running now on the way back to our hotel and people were everywhere so it was like we were in some sort of Olympic game.

“I don’t know the details but Siwon told me that he hit his head somewhere! And then it took them a while before they found his unconscious body floating a few meters away from the boat!” I could tell that he was panicking and so was I.

Kyuhyun and I were panting as we reached the front desk of the hotel, “Please! Please call the paramedics! We need help!” I cried out, begging.

“Ma’am, please calm down” the lady behind the desk said

“HOW THE DO YOU EXPECT ME TO CALM DOWN?! CALL THE ING PARAMEDICS, PLEASE!!” I was sweating, panting, crying and confused not knowing what Donghae’s state would be.

“Please! Call paramedics! Our friend is in danger!” Kyuhyun just begged in front of the desk

I couldn’t wait anymore. I ran out to the beach and I saw a boat approaching the shore. I closed my eyes, “Please . . . let him be okay . . . please” I whispered as my hands were clasped.

The boat was now near and I ran closer. Siwon, Heechul and Hyuk carried the unconscious figure of Donghae as  they carried him off the boat and to the shore.

“What happened?!” I asked them as they carried him towards the hotel

“Max, we’ll explain later” Sungmin told me

They carried him towards the lounge of the hotel, where a sofa was found and a few people watching and taking photos of what was happening. I didn’t care about them. What I cared about was Donghae who, until now, I didn’t know what was happening to him.

“Paramedics are on their way!” Kyuhyun shouted

 I kneeled beside Donghae. His head was bleeding and there was cloth on his head. I placed pressure on it, assuring that this will lessen excessive bleeding. I wanted to cry. I didn’t know what to feel. I want to scream at someone but I didn’t know who.

I could see his chest heaving up and down. He was alive and breathing. I leaned closer to his ear, “Donghae, please wake up” I whispered.

“Ma’am we have to ask you to move and let us do our job” a man in his white uniform. I took one last look at Donghae and placed a kiss on his forehead, “Wake up” I whispered.

 

Thirty minutes later, the paramedics was done fixing Donghae’s condition, “Sir, Mr. Lee was bitten by a jellyfish” he informed us, “We assume he panicked that was why he hit his head on a coral that was near him. Why wasn’t he wearing the suit?” he asked Siwon.

“I’m not really sure why but we just let him do what he wanted” Siwon informed him, “Is he going to be okay?”

The nurse nodded, “Yes, sir. But when he wakes up, I suggestion caution of movements. No rough play, sir” he said.

“Yes, we will do that. Thank you” Zhoumi said

After they’ve packed up, they left us with the first aid kit and then I sat on the floor in front of Donghae who was still unconscious.

“Let’s get him up to his room” I said

Siwon and Hyuk carried him up to his room. The rest of us trailed behind him. My heart was pounding, head was clouded, feet and palms were ing cold. I didn't know why Im was panicking like this. I knew Donghae wasn't on the edge of dying but the fact that he was in danger and he ended up like this . . . it made me feel so . . . worried and all that fear just running through my veins. 

 

It's been two and a half hours since Donghae was laid on this bed. He stil wasn't waking up but the nurse told us it may take until tomorrow until he'd wake up. I stood up from my seat and started pacing around the room. I was bitting my nails, fealing uneasy and unsettled. Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!!! I wanted to shake him and push him and wake him up. 

"Stop walking" 

I turned and then I saw him with eyes still closed, "Hae?"

"Shut up" he moaned 

I sat beside him again, "The hell with you! Open your ing eyes!" I slapped his shoulder 

"I'm injured. Don't do that" he finally opened his eyes but slowly

"How are you feeling?"

"I feel . . . weird" 

"You were bitten by a jellyfish" I informed him, "What the hell got into you?! Why didn't you wear your suit and ?!" 

"I was too lazy to do that . . . I bet the jellyfish died" he joked

I sighed, "Hae, you hit your head too" I informed him 

He tried to sit up but I held his shoulder, "I can't sit up?"

"You can't" I said, "You need anything?"

He shook his head, "You were worried" 

"I still am" I said 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 18, guysssss!!!!!!!!!!! There is just so much love!!!! Kyuhyun and Max!!! :"""""> Donghae and Max!!!  :"""""">

XOXO

Who's your OTP?