Play Rookie

I'm In Love With An Idol

Sand was under me, the sun looked down at me. My eyes were closed with the heat radiating throughout my body. My Ray-Ban protected my eyes from the heat and so did the sun screen. The  boys were playing volleyball, enjoying their free time.

“Yah Cho Kyuhyun! Play fair!” I heard Heechul shout

“I am! By cheating!” Kyuhyun answered back with an evil laugh

I was a little entertained with what I heard. I smiled to myself and then turned, lying on my belly and propped my elbow on the sand, placing my chin on my palm. With a good and hard served by Sungmin, Donghae quickly made his move with his hands, spiking it good and hard. Kyuhyun wanted to hit it with a good spike as well, but failed.

“Ha!! You guys lose!” Shindong laughed and pointed at the loosing team

Donghae chuckled and his eyes found mine under the scorching heat. He flashed me a smirk and then walked towards me, “Hae! Where are you going?”

“Max and I will go swimming!” he shouted and stood in front of me

I looked up at him, pulling my sunglasses to my hair, “Swimming?”

He nodded and held out his hand to me, “Come on”

I didn’t know why but then my eyes found Kyuhyun and he was looking at Donghae and I. He held the ball in his hands, tapping the ball with his palm. When he realized that we were just staring at each other, he quickly looked away.

I felt the need to take his face in my hands and make him look at me . . . but I know I can’t. Not now and not ever. I looked at Donghae again and he was smiling down at me, “Alright”

I stood up and cleaned up the sand that was stuck on my body, Donghae was looking at me, “What?” I asked him as I continued to clean up the sand.

He shook his head, “Nothing” he smiled

 

We started walking towards the water, our feet feeling the water. There were other around us, but not as much people as there were yesterday. As we got deeper and deeper, Donghae’s finger found mine under the water and said, “I’m sorry for being such a pedo”

I giggled, “That’s alright”

He looked at me with the widest smile, “Why wasn’t I born later?”

I shrugged, “If you were born later, you wouldn’t be in Super Junior. If you weren’t part of Super Junior, I wouldn’t have known you”

“But that wouldn’t change the fact that you love Kyuhyun?” he added

I was not able to answer back, thinking this will just cause another debate with the man. I simply looked away and tightened my hand around his. The waves were getting bigger as walked farther and the wind started to blow harder. The sky grew darker but not dark enough to signify that there was this storm.

The water was ready to eat me, but with Donghae around, he pulled me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my feet lightly kicking underwater. We looked at each other, still and without thought, my forefinger found his cheek, running it across, “I’m sorry” I whispered

“For?” he raised a brow

I know he knew why but he wanted me to admit it, “I’m being unfair about this . . . I’m sorry for that. You made the effort to open up to me and what did I do? I . . . looked at you, saw you as someone who just made me feel good and I kept my attention on Kyuhyun”

He tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear, “I can’t blame you . . .” he whispered

“You should . . .” I had to admit it . . . Donghae was there for me and I couldn’t reciprocate the attention he gave me because all I cared about was Kyuhyun who had eyes for another woman.

“I know you still like him and it pains me to see that . . .”

“You asked for a chance, Donghae . . . and I’m giving you that chance” I reminded him of that painful night where we both had our emotions exploding, colliding and fighting.

He remained quiet and just looked at me, “And don’t think that I gave you that chance because I felt bad or guilty. I gave you that chance because I want to---“ “Move on? Move on from the pain that Kyuhyun cause you because he was in love with someone else?”

Oh ! Okay! I closed my eyes and slowly my arms grew loose around his neck and I found myself moving away from him and later, swimming back to shore. My heart was angry and my mind was clouded with confusion. I found myself crying as I walked up to shore. The members were still playing volleyball but some were lying on the beach chair.

“Hey . . . Max” Zhoumi started to greet me in a jolly manner but then when he saw my face . . . his face fell and eye screamed confusion.

I smiled, “Hey”

“Where’s Donghae?” Sungmin asked

I wanted to tell him that he drowned and died but then that was just a lie, “He’s still out there . . .”I whispered. I planned on heading to the hotel room and lock myself up. I was crying and my face was red and anger was building up in the pit of my stomach and my heart was pounding like and . . .

“What’s wrong?” someone asked, placing a hand on my shoulder with my back facing him

There was a jolt of electricity and that sudden feeling of excitement and hate and guilt and in short, ing mixed emotions, “Don’t touch me” I whispered, wiping my tears with the back of my hand.

He walked closer to me, “Tell me . . . what’s wrong?”

“I don’t need to tell you anything” I was clouded with anger so I didn’t bother to pay respect to this man, hence, I didn’t bother to use honorifics.

“That’s not what friends are for . . . I’m your friend, Max” he reminded  me and then pulled my wrist, taking me somewhere and I know we’d be alone.

 

And I was right. The hotel had this bar in the middle of the pool and since the weather was great, not too hot nor was it too cold, the pool was basically empty, except for kids who were lounging by the kiddie pool. We took a seat on the high stool of the mini bar in the middle of the pool.

“Sir, would you like anything to drink?” the bartender asked Kyuhyun

“Two tall glasses of your mango shake” he smiled and then the bartender smiled and then he turned his back to us and prepared the mango shake.

Kyuhyun started to say, “What happened?”

I breathed in, “Donghae . . .” I started

“What about him?” he asked me

“He made me feel like I was just using him . . .”

“For what?”

“Moving on . . . moving on from the heartache that I experienced from you” I avoided his eyes and he didn’t say anything after that. I took that as a sign that he wanted me to continue, “I’m not using him” I said firmly.

He breathed in, “Max . . . about what happened . . .”

“What did you mean by you didn’t regret the kiss?” I asked him

“You wouldn’t understand”

“Make me”

He sighed, “Max . . . you’re young and beautiful and smart . . . I like how you’re just so simple and how you’re able to connect with people around you. You’re not selfish or anything” he started to explain, “I can’t say I don’t like you . . . neither can I say that I like you . . .”

“I don’t get it . . .”

“See?” he smiled, “Just be with hyung and let’s be friends . . . and about your problem . . . tell him and prove to him that you’re not using him” he tells me.

I sighed, “I don’t understand you . . .”

He sighed, “When you’re old enough . . . and when I’ve figured all this out . . . I can tell you” he says, reaching for my hand, “Be with hyung . . . he’s good for you”

 

I started packing my dirty clothes in those laundry bags that the hotel would give. I only have two more days and one more night here. I fixed my things, separating the dirty ones from the clean ones. I separated and laid out the clothes I’d be using for tonight and the next two days. I walked in the bathroom and started running the water under the shower.

I took off my bikini and then rinsed off the excess sand that were in places where I never knew sand would be. I washed off the salty taste of water and rinsed off Donghae’s touch. I was angry at him. I hated him. I wanted to scream at him and tell him he’s a ing but then  . . . there I was . . . I was just the shower with running water and the thought in my head.

As I stepped out of the bathroom with my hair still wet, there was a knock on my door. I walked towards it, opening, I see Kyuhyun, “Dinner?” he asked.

I smiled, “Give me five minutes. Come in” I said and let him in my room

I was drying my hair as I brushed, “Where are we eating tonight?” I asked

He sat on the edge of my bed, “Heechul hyung told me we’d have dinner in the dining hall and then play rookie by the shore”

I cocked my head to one side, “Play rookie? How?”

“You know, truth or dare . . . hide and seek in the dark” he gave me examples, “ . . . and a few more games under the stars”

I remembered the kiss we did as we laid under the stars that night, “Oh . . .”

 

As we entered the dining hall, we see the boys in the largest table that was available. Kyuhyun’s arm slung around my shoulder, “Hyung’s looking at you” he whispered.

I looked at Donghae and Kyuhyun was right, he was staring at me, “Let him stare” I joked and he gave me a chuckle.

Kyuhyun pulled out a seat for me and I sat. He took the chair beside me. Donghae was watching my every move and I pretended like I didn’t notice, which I obviously did, “Since when did you start being the best of friends?” Hyuk asked Kyuhyun.

I smiled, “Since he bowed down and kissed my feet in all his mighty glory”

Kyuhyun playfully ruffled my hair, “And ever since she became my slave” he joked and I punched his side.

“Wow!” Heechul expressed, “They’re really good friends”

Siwon looked at Kyuhyun and I, “This is really amazing. Why don’t you two take a photo?” he took out his phone and then said, “Smile!” 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG!!! Hey guys!!!! Sorry for a late one :( Anyway, tell me what you guys think :"""> 

To mu old and new subscribers, than KYU so very, very much for the love :""> SML