Total Exposure

I'm In Love With An Idol

My phone kept on beeping until it woke me up. My notifications were flooding, tweets, mentions and messages. I looked at the time on my phone and saw that it was three in the morning. I locked my phone again and didn’t bother to open and read them. I was almost sinking into deep sleep, when there was this loud knock on my door.

I sleepily got up and then shouted, “WAIT!” and then I opened my door and then I saw this blurry figure of Donghae panting in front of me.

“GOOD!!!! YOU’RE AWAKE! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!” he walked in my room and then sat on my bed

“Come in” I yawned and then scratched my eyes, “What is it?”

“Have you read the news?”

“What news?” I asked sleepily and then laid on the bed, back in my original position, cuddling the pillow in my arms.

“Get up!!!” he pulled my leg

“Oppa, I’m sleepy . . . “ I answered

“Max, get up! I need you to read this!”

“I don’t want to read” I said

“We’re a trending topic”

 

My eyes shot open, “What?” I sat up and then took his phone and I started reading the article that was opened.

"Lee Donghae, a member of Korea's Number One boy group, spotted in Japan on a date?" 

It said in the first line, "Pictures have been taken of the two. As they were lined up in a few rides of Disneyland, Japan. Donghae and the mystery girl were spotted hugging and eating together" they posted a photo of me and Donghae when we were eating and I was smiling at him and another one where Donghae and I hugged before I left last night, 

"Seems like Donghae is now making fans excited and mad about his new dating life. The photos made a viral outbreak through Twitter and Weibo. Fans from all over the world quickly reacted from the unexpected photos that were released by fans.We have called Super Junior's manager but there was no answer to our call. We will update all of you as soon as we receive more news"

I looked at Donghae and he looked back at me worriedly, "Oppa . . . What . . . " i trailed off. I'm afraid to bac bashed. Well, not afraid but I just don't like the attention and the commotion. 

"I have to talk to manager hyung about this. Max, I'm really sorry about this"

"No!" I tell him, "It’s okay . . . I just don't like the attention from your fans. My face is clearly seen in one of the photos" I said, "But . . . I mean, this is . . ."

"i'll take care of it"

I sighed, "What am i supposed to do about this?"

"Don't do anything, Don't answer any tweets or messages" he tells me, "Don't be bothered with what they say, okay? They don't know us" he tells me and then stands. 

"Bye . . ." I whispred 

He leaned and then kissed my forehead, "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" 

"Ne"

 

I woke up at eight in the morning and took a shower and I was about to open my door when there was a knock on my door. I open and I see my dad, "Where are you going?" he asked 

"My friend, Aiden, he invited me to a photo shoot. His mom's fashion designer" I smiled at my dad. I was wearing my boots, a pair of black leather shorts and of course I wore tights and then warmers unerneath my shorts. I wore a long sleeved shirt in the color white and black. I wore a scarf around my neck and then then a Mickey Mouse Hat. 

"Well, we're going to meet with investors. you sure you'll be okay?" he asked 

I nodded, "Yeah" 

"Alright, stay safe" he said and then walked away

Suddenly, the door in front of me opened, "Good, you're awake" he smiles

I look at him from head to toe, "You look nice" I teased. But he really did look good!

"So do you. Ready?"

"Yup!"

"Have you told you preants about this?"

"Ne, oppa" 

Donghae and I walked out of the hotel with a large black van waiting for us. When the door opened, it revealed Siwon who was happy to see me, “Hey, Max!!” he waved.

I smiled as I rode the van, sitting between Siwon and Donghae, “Annyeong, oppa!” I greeted

“Hey, Max!” they all greeted in the van, “How are you?” Heechul asked me

“I’m good, thank you” I thanked him, “How are you guys?”

And then they answered all together so, I didn’t understand what they said. I just laughed as they tried to tell me stories about their day and how their stay in Japan has been. Donghae leaned, “Sorry” he said.

I smiled, “It’s okay”

“WOW!!! So the news it true!!!!!!!!” Ryeowook cheered, “So, you guys are dating now?” he asked. I blushed. Oh, dear.

“Is that even allowed?” someone asked from the backseat

“Shut up, Kyuhyun” Shinodong said, “Don’t ruin the moment”

“Oh! Max, I like your bracelet” Sungmin pointed at my wrist

I looked down at it and then at Sungmin, “It was a gift from Donghae oppa” I said and then they cheered.

“So, that’s why manager hyung was bother us last night at the hotel room. You guys were together yesterday” Siwon concluded

I blushed again, “I met her family yesterday” Donghae says

“WOW!!!!!!!!! So, when are you two getting married?” Henry asked

“Yah! Not so fast!” Heechul said

The boys were really fun to talk with. They were good with teasing Donghae and I. We just rode along with the jokes. I don’t know why, but I don’t really feel that there is this butterflies-in-my-stomach feeling. I’m with Donghae and the rest of Super Junior and I feel fine around them. I feel like they’re really my friends and I don’t feel pressured that I’d have to act like I’m not me. Except around Kyuhyun, I guess.

After about forty-five minutes of driving, we finally arrive at a really large but two-storey building. I guess, this is where they would be shooting. Fans were screaming outside and I could see names on banners. Wow. That’s what I call effort.

“Look at your fans, oppa” I whispered

“Yeah. We love them so much” Siwon tells me

 

We enter the underground parking area of the building and the paparazzi were there. I looked at Donghae worriedly, “Don’t worry” he says, “I already told manager hyung that you’re with us” he smiled. He held my hand in his and then he opened the door and flashes were blinding. I swear. It was.

Donghae pulled on my hand as confusion filled me. People were asking me questions and then taking photos and then shouting. I think Siwon was behind me, his palm was on my back and then rubbing it. I think he was making me feel a little bit better.

When we finally entered the set, I see large lights, maybe twenty large lights. Clothes hung on those portable racks. People testing the lights around them. There were so many cameras around us. I thought I was being shot as well. The director was Korean and he immediately approached the members. I was just looking up at him. He looked really stressed out.

“Boys!! Hair and make-up!!” he shouted and then Donghae pulled me towards their dressing room. There were a lot of people there. I mean, in one dressing room, maybe there were about maybe fifteen more make-up artists and then costume designers and three costume heads.

“Wow” I pulled Donghae’s hand and he looked back at me and then smiled. I was feeling really excited about today. This is the very first time that I would watch a photo shoot for an international clothing line and I get to watch it, courtesy of Donghae oppa and the rest of Super Junior.

“Max, sit here first” Donghae said and then he went to the farther end of the room and he started taking off his clothes.

“You like what you see?” someone asked

I turned my head and then saw Kyuhyun looking down at me with a straight face, “You’re like any other fangirl, you know that?”

I didn’t know why, but I wanted to tell him something but I just couldn’t open my mouth. It was like I was forced to shut up because I was deeply in love with this jerk, “Uhhh . . . well . . . I---“ “Kyuhyun, stop scaring her” Siwon popped up. Thank God!

“Pshh! Whatever”

“Why don’t you just get your make-up done?” Heechul shooed him away

He looked at me in a really bad way. What would you call that? Uhhh . . . Death glare? Kyuhyun walked away from me, “Don’t mind him. He’s just bitter”

I nodded and then I saw Donghae wearing the Men’s Winter Wear for the shoot. He looked really good. Well fitted jeans, a coat and I think he was wearing a long sleeved shirt underneath. He flashed me a smiled as he saw me staring at him through the mirror.

“We have a problem!” Ryeowook ran inside, “We lack one model!!”

“WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?! SHE’S ALREADY PAYED FOR THIS SHOOT!!!” the director shouted from outside the dressing room which made us really scared. He was scary. I looked at Donghae and then the member were all worried because this may cause a delay.

Heechul tapped my shoulder and then I turned to look at him, “Smile” he said and I did, “Get angry” and I did, “Make a cute face” and I did, “Stand” and I did, “Turn around” and I did. He studied me and when Donghae noticed it he stood up.

“You think she’ll fit?” Siwon asked Heechul. He was still busy looking at me and then his face really serious.

“Fit in what?” I asked and then I looked at Donghae for help. He swallowed and then he was about to take my wrist.

Heechul stood up and then placed his arms around my shoulder, “Since our fans know you, this would be good publicity for you. You’re officially a model, Max” he said.

My eyes widened, “Wait, what?”

“WE FOUND A REPLACEMENT!” Siwon shouted and the costume designers rushed to where we were.

They looked at me and then one of the make-up artists said, “You have really long eyelashes, are those fake?” she asked me.

“No” I smiled at her and then she smiled back. She pulled me to one of the seats and she started doing my make-up. Wow. Men are more vain than women, I should really say. She started misting my face and then applied the base and then the BB cream and all that.

The director suddenly appeared, “What’s your name?”

“Maxinne Bianca Lee” I was forced to tell him my whole name. I glanced at Donghae and he was smiling at me. Maybe because he finally knows my whole name.

“Give her a contract to sign now!!” he screams, “Don’t worry, hon! This is just a one day contract and you’ll get paid for this!” he tells me, “You know, you’re really pretty! Are you even a real model?” he asked me.

I shake my head, “I’m in high school, sir”

His eyes widened, “You don’t look like you’re in high school. You look mature” he tells me. I don’t know if that was a compliment but I just give him a smile.

“She just looks old. Period” Kyuhuyn passed by, wearing another set of Men’s Winter Collection. Again, I was just hypnotized with the way he wore those clothes.

“Shut up!” Donghae shouted

The director turned his attention back to me, “Alright, hon. Let’s get you dressed”

 

After what seemed like forever, I was finally in my high-heeled boots in the shade of dark brown. Tight skinny jeans in the shade of dark blue, a gray sweater, a white scarf, a gray coat and my hair was pulled back in a pony. My make-up was a little heavy. Red lips and brown eye shadow. As I stepped out from the dressing room, all eyes were on me.

“She looks amazing!!!!!” the director clapped his hands, “Let’s get on with the photo shoot!!!” he snapped and then walked out of the room.

I was still a little bit uncomfortable. I’ve never done something like this before. Donghae stood up and then stopped as he was a feet away from me, “Wow” he smiled

“Stop that” I tell him

“What? You look really good” he defended

“Yeah, Max! You look really amazing!!” Sungmin added

“Thanks” I smiled at him and then my eyes land on Kyuhyun who was resting his body against the foyer of the door. He was scanning me from head to toe and then when he was finished, he shook his head and then walked away from us. I felt like I disappointed him. I felt like I didn’t look pretty in his eyes. I felt like I was useless.

“Come on” Donghae placed his arm over my shoulder, “We’re the first one” he said

“What?!” I shouted and then his eye grew in surprise, “Sorry” I whispered, “Now? We’re the first one?”

He nodded, “Don’t worry. I told the director that I’d be your partner” he said

I looked up at him, “Why? Who was is supposed to be?”

“Kyuhyun” we stopped walking, ‘Or should I just tell the director to t---“ “No! I want you to be my partner!” I smiled up at him.

He chuckled, “Thought so”

 

There we were, Donghae and I were posing together as we were seated in this artificial snow. We made really cute poses and then acted like we’re a real couple. The members were watching us and they were teasing us, which brought out our natural laugh.

“Alright! Donghae! Tip her chin and make her meet your eyes! Max! I want you to smile at him like you’re so in love!”

Donghae and I did was we were told. He tipped my chin and then I looked into his eyes as I smiled. We were so close and my heart wasn’t even racing. I was actually expecting for my heart to explode right now. I mean, who’s heart wouldn’t explode? Donghae was deadly close and we could still hear the members tease and cheer and of course, it brought out our natural smile.

After maybe seven costume changes and a million shots later, Donghae and I finished. We did group shots with the members as well. So, it was basically a wrap up. We all clapped and were happy with how the photos appeared. They were right. Donghae and I looked naturally happy as we looked at each other in the eyes.

“Look at them!! They look so sweet!” Ryeowook pointed and then jumped

I giggled, “Wow, you’re a natural, Max. Don’t you want to continue being a model?” Siwon asked me with a smile that was filled with amazement.

I shake my head, “This is just a one time thing, oppa” I said and then I watched as we reviewed all the photos.

“You did good, kid” Donghae patted my back

“Thanks, oppa”

“Alright, hon! Here” he handed me my paycheck, “Enjoy you hard earned chash” he smiled at me and then handed me his calling card, “If you ever change your mind about not being a model, call me!” he smiled.

I bowed, “Kamsamnida!” and then I opened the envelope containing one thousand five hundred US dollars. I was so happy and I jumped and hugged Donghae, “Oh my gosh!!!” I screamed and Donghae just laughed, “I’m going to treat you out tonight!”

He shook his head, “Keep it. It’s my treat tonight”

“Pshh! She says she doesn’t like Donghae but she’s always all over him” Kyuhyun passed by and then went in the dressing room.

My lips made a hard line and then I handed Donghae my paycheck, “Hold this” and then I walked in the dressing room. No one was there except for a few members and Kyuhyun who was talking with someone over the phone. My high-heeling boots made loud clicks and then I took Kyuhyun phone.

“What the is wrong with you?!” he asked me, standing up

“Me?! What the is wrong with YOU?! WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU?! WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN TO ME?”

“AND WHO ARE YOU TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT?”

“ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME?! YOU KNOW, IF I KNEW WHAT YOU’RE REALLY LIKE, I WOULDN’T HAVE BOTHERED TO SPEND MY TIME LOOKING YOU UP ONLINE! YOU’RE SUCH AN ! WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM!?”

“Kyuhyun! What did you do to her?” Heechul popped up with Hyukjae behind him. I was panting in front of him. I’ve never been so mad in my whole life before!

“THIS IS WHY I DON’T LIKE GIRLS LIKE YOU!” Kyuhyun shouted, “DONGHAE HYUNG SHOULDN’T HAVE BEEN FRIENDS WITH YOU!”

That was the final straw. I breathed in, “You know, you’re really immature. You shouldn’t have been friends with Donghae. He’s nothing like you. He’s smart and caring and sweet and a real gentleman. Everything that you’re not!” I screamed at him. I turned to the members and said, “I’m really sorry for all this. But he was too much for me to handle. It was nice working with all of you today” I bowed and then went back to the dressing room and then changed my clothes and neatly fixed the ones I wore.

When I got out, Kyuhyun wasn’t in the room anymore and the members were standing outside, waiting for me, “I’m sorry with how Kyuhyun acted towards you” Henry apologized

“You’re not the one who should apologize” I tell him but then I flash him a smile

I walked past them and then I was near the door when Donghae came in, “Max, are you alright?” he asked, “I heard what happened” he said.

I was teary with the sudden shift of emotions between me and Kyuhyun and then I sniffed, “I want to go home” I whispered. I turned to the members and said, “Thank you for today, guys! Keep up the good work!” I faked a smile and then bowed. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter five guysssssssssss!!!!!!! SO MUCH LOVE!!!!!!! To my subscribers, than KYU so so so so so so so so so so so so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

XOXO