Fifteen

I'm In Love With An Idol

"She was happy with a prince on a white horse and a castle to live in, a King and Queen that will pass on their throne in the future. She was beautiful and cared for. Her life was perfect and so was her story, all seemed too well for the princess . . . but she forgot the demon behind the red curtains and dragon who was breathing out death" 

There was all too much in one day, leaving me breathless and dumbfounded. What in the Lord's name have I done to deserve this kind of life? What else is there that has not happened to me?  What else is there that I haven't already experienced? Oh, I know, a dose of life and reality. The adults were right, at my age, Seohyun has something that I can never give Kyuhyuun. She has the ability to do anything and everything that I can't, because, hey, I'm fifteen. I can never say that Kyuhyun doesn't have the right to cheat on me, he was never really mine in the first place. He just called me his girlfriend simply because he felt like, he needed to call me that because well . . . he needed someone to play Seohyun's part. He needed someone to be in the place of his EX girlfriend whom he never really moved on from. So, I have to my senses and accepted the fact that I was just this girl whom he used. I guess Seohyun saw the photos that went viral and wanted to take him back. I'm not really sure but, no matter what the reason is, I'm on my way to the airport right now and I won't come back to this country no matter what the occasion is. 

"Why don't you take that call? Your phone has been ringing for the past fifteen minutes with twenty-five missed calls" Donghae had suddenly reminded me that he was with me in the car. I looked at him and then at my phone and then at the window. I rolled the windows down and threw my phone, not minding whether someone would scold me afterwards. 

"The hell was the for?" the car suddenly stopped, "Are you crazy?!" 

I didn't answer, maybe Donghae was blind or deaf to see and hear what Kyuhyun did to me. That's weird because he's the reason why I kept on calling him that night. That night when Kyuhuyn was drunk and with Seohyun. "You know what's funny about life? People tend to hurt you in more ways than one and then you still end up loving them" I said sarcastically with a hint of sadness in my voice. I pity myself because I look like someone who's in desperate need of love, affection, time and from someone else. Boohoo, Max, what a life for you! 

"Why aren't you even answering me?" he held my hand and rubbed it, "Talk to me, please" And then another thought just hit me. What if this all happening because going to Korea was the biggest mistake of my life? Maybe I wanted to see Kyuhyun so much that it hurt me. Maybe because things that you want never really give you happiness. Maybe things would be more different if I just stayed in the Philippines and went to graduation parties, beach parties and parties that involve my friends. Maybe my summer, well, at least the start of it, would've been more fun if I just stayed at home with WiFi connectivity, my Twitter app and Instagram that I wouldn't need to avoid and just keep on using for my happiness and a large, spacious, warm bed underneath me, I wouldn't be here with this problem. With this heartache that I would have to carry. 

Donghae just stared at me, "We should get going. I need a new phone anyway" I said, "There's nothing more painful than to keep on holding onto something that will surely break you in the end" I wasn't talking about my phone, though. I kept my eyes glued to the road and started contemplating again. Time has separated me from the forces of life that make me happy. Reality has separated me from the things that aren't real. Imagination has separated me from reality. Life has separated me from hope. Hope has separated me from trust. So much things that keep on disappointing me and yet, I remain in the little, weak light of life, or maybe, whatever is still left of it. 

I still remember that little conversation we had in front of the door of my apartment floor. I was angry and he was pleading like a child. He fed my vanity well last night. 

"Please, just listen to me" he had held my arm for a very long time

I just kept my eyes at him, wondering whether to answer of to just enter my house, "Listen to what, Kyuhyun?"

"Let me tell you that I love you"

"Grow up!! Are you seriously telling me that after you've slept with that woman you still expect me to believe that you love me? Grow up, Kyuhyun. Stop playing games, stop blaming people for your mistakes and stop telling me lies! I'm fifteen! You're a grown man and society was right that there are things that I can't give you but she can!"

"You think it was the ?" 

"I know that it was. I can't sleep with you and give you satisfaction when you're frustrated. I can't give you s or s or ing because technically, I'm fifteen! Don't you get it? I'm sorry if I'm fifteen and was born eleven years after you were. I'm sorry if I can't give happiness in bed like Seohyun can"  

He held me against his chest and kissed my head repeatedly, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" apologies weren't enough for me to forgive him but that doesn't mean I don't love him anymore. 

"Go home and go your girlfriend" I said and pushed him away to open the door to my apartment, slamming it in his face. I leaned against the door and breathed in and out for a few more minutes before I decided to book a flight to the Philippines.

Donghae was the only one who knew that I was leaving because I didn't want to cause drama. I know we've spent so much time together that they've seen who I really am and I've come to know them better as well. 

 "You know . . . sometimes I question why people make the effort to impress the person they 'like' when actually, they would just break their weak and fragile hearts" I muttered. 

"Chances and love push them to their limit. The person they care for the most is the reason why they smile in the middle of nothing and blush in the thought of that person. It's like magic" 

"Yeah . . . it's there at a certain time and disappears right after. Then, they get drunk and another girl while you're dead worried after the drunk call. It's satisfying to see and to feel that kind of love. Unique" 

The adult beside me fell in silence. See? not all adults have the answer to everything but they think they know everything but really, they don't. They think they see everything in the correct perspective but you know what? They've forgotten about one thing, reality of life. Life is all about disappointment and pain and failure and falling down.    

“It’s like you’re not even twenty something, Donghae. You believe in too much ” I shook my head, “You didn’t tell him I was leaving, right?”

He glanced at me, “Why, didn’t you tell him?”

“No, why would I?”

“Why wouldn’t you?”

“Because . . .”

“Because?”

I didn’t reply. Why would I have to tell Kyuhyun that I was leaving, right? There’s no need to be reminded of my mistake. Trust has separated me from being careful with the people around me. Time has stopped me from believing that you have the freedom to do what you want in life without worrying. Hope has separated me from the fact the sometimes, you have to stop believing in something. Faith has stopped me from believing in something.

“You never even let him explain, Max”

“There’s nothing to explain, Donghae. He already told me first part of the story and from my judgement, it won’t be too good to hear the rest of it. I already am done with this. I have already learned from it and make sure that I won’t do it again. I’ll make sure that I won’t let another man like him into my life again” I said, not even noticing that I’ve already told Donghae that.

“Loving is never a mistake, Max”

“Trusting is;”

“You don’t love without trust, Max” he said, "So, no chances of saving this relationship?"

"I've given up the moment he called me his girlfriend, Donghae. That was a lie, a mistake" 

 

I have already said my goodbye to Donghae and before we parted, he kissed my cheek and slipped a small piece of paper in my hands before saying, “If you’re not coming back anytime soon, I need you to tour around the Philippines, okay?” he said and ruffled my hair. I smiled with a nod and then turned my back on him and proceeded to my gate. When I got in the plane, I took a seat near the window and saw Donghae waving at me. I waved back, even though I wasn’t sure if he would see me. There was just one thing that caught my attention before the pilot announced that we were leaving. There was a man that Donghae suddenly held behind as the security personnel was stopping him from entering the gates. He was pleading for entrance and I cocked my head to my side, wondering if those tears rolling from his eyes were actually true and actually meant something. The captain spoke, "Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelt. We are leaving in three minutes" I fastened my seatbelt and closed my eyes, ready for the four-hour flight and ready to forget.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again and again, thank you so so much for the support and love that you've given this story! :) I know that I don't update as often as I used to because I've been busy applying in colleges lately but I still thank you guys for understanding! Well, this marks the end of Max and Kyuhyun's story . . . Or . . . Would there still be a sequel? :) 

I have posted a new story and it seems like the support is still here and so, I would like to thank you guys for support :))) Saranghae!