Boiling Point

I'm In Love With An Idol

What the hell is his problem?! What did I ever do to him? I haven’t said one word to him until our little fight awhile ago. I know I’m deeply in love with him and I’m easily frozen by his presence but that’s no excuse for him to act like a total !

“I’m sorry about him” Donghae placed his hand over mine and then used his thumb to rub the back of my hand.

I shook my head, “He should be the one to apologize. He’s a total !”

“Kyuhyun’s just going through something” he tells me

“It’s not my fault he’s having issues! Tell, me is it my fault?” I turned to him. I’ve never talked to Donghae like this before. But I was completely angry and upset and I feel like the Kyuhyun that I’ve loved for the past three years was like . . . a lie to me.

“No” he says firmly, “Don’t worry about him”

I sighed, “I . . . don’t want people to . . . be mad at me, especially for some unknown reason”
“No one wants that, Max” he says, “But Kyuhyun has a reason why he’s mad not only at you but to everything around him”

I looked at him with eyes confused and upset, “Then tell me, what the is his problem”


He looked down at our hands, ‘I’m not supposed to tell you this because this is all personal but . . . since you’re basically . . . you know . . .” he stops and I grow impatient.

“What?” I urged him

“You know how idols aren’t supposed to be involved in a relationship, at the very least?” he asked

“Don’t tell me Kyuhyun has a secret girlfriend?”

“Well, it’s really not a girlfriend, more like a woman he’s pursuing” he corrects me and I just stare at him for him to continue.

“So?”

“Well, the night before our flight to Manila, the management found out and then manager hyung called us for a meeting and then scolded Kyuhyun and then warned us yet again about the intro corporation dating”

I blinked, “So he’s upset because he can’t date?!” I know I was mad but somewhere deep in my heart, I was so ing happy for that kind of rule!! SM Ent. Rocks!!!!!!

“Well, Kyuhyun’s twenty-six. He want to have a life behind the camera and the fanmeets and the recording and concerts. He wants to have that special someone, Max”


Then, I now get his point. He was wrong for bringing out his anger towards others but on the other hand, I understand why he’s like that. I mean, I know how hard it is to grow old and not have someone with you. You don’t have someone to share your life to. 


“Still . . .” I crossed my arms over my chest and then looked out the window. I could see the hotel, which means we were now close.


“Please, on behalf of Kyuhyun and the rest of Super Junior, I’m really sorry for how he acted awhile ago”


“I need to hear that apology from him” I tell him, “I want him to realize that whenever he has a problem, he just can’t bring people to misery with him”
 
 

 

Donghae and I were walking back to our hotel room until he heard my stomach grumble. I held my belly and then bit my lower lip, “Sorry”


He chuckled, “Let’s eat”


“My treat! I just got my first paycheck!” I raised my hand and then waved it in front of his face, “Let me pay, let me pay!”


“No” he says, “Just because you have money, doesn’t mean you just go out and spend it” he lectures me.


“It’s called ‘Celebration Spending’ besides, I don’t need this” I shrugged as I held the envelope in my hands.


“Then keep it” and he ruffles my hair, “You looked really good back there”


I shrugged, “It’s a gift” I was boastful this time. I appreciate how he just compliments me. I just like him.


“You’re starting to be boastful” he joked


“No, I’m not. I’m just saying, being good at something is a gift”


“Good point”
 
As Donghae made the call for room service, I was scrolling on my phone, seeing and reading the tweets. I followed a lot of SJ-Biased twitter accounts and they were the first ones the reacted regarding the news.
One of them said, “Donghae oppppaaaaaa!!! Date me not her!” 
Some would say, “How old is she?!”
And there were reactions like, “WHO THE IS THIS GIRL?!” or “Opppppppaaaa! Waeeeee?!?”
And some were, They look really cute!” or “I hope they end up together” and even, “They should confirm their status”
Wow. I wonder if I’d react the same way they did if I wasn’t the girl in the photo. Even though some of them don’t like me, well, hate, I just can’t do anything right now. One, Donghae asked me to not do anything and second, I’m too tired with the argument awhile ago with Kyuhyun.


“So, how are you taking the news?” Donghae popped up


I locked my phone and placed it on the table, “I’m . . . taking it a little lighter than I expected” I smiled and then took a pillow and then hugged it, “So . . .” I started.


“So?” he was waiting for me to continue


“So, who’s this mystery girl that Kyuhyun’s been pursuing?”


“You know SNSD, right?”


“Wait, would I be wrong if I asked you that this girl is Soehyun?”


He shook his head, “Correct” he smiles at me


I felt like I wanted to break everything in the room. I wanted to break the really expensive glass table in front of me. I wanted to tear the pillows on the couch. I wanted to rip off the curtains. But I didn’t. I remained composed and relaxed.


“You’re happy” he suddenly says


“I am” I admitted. He already noticed, so why deny the truth, right? “ So, they’re not a couple, right?”


“Right”


I nodded with a smile on my face, “Good” I know . . . I’m happy with the misery of others right now. Especially Soehyun, but hey! I like Kyuhyun, even though he’s such an to me.


 Donghae just chuckled and then there was this awkward silence. I looked at Donghae and he looked preoccupied with something, “Oppa?”


“Hmm?”


“Can I ask you something?”


“What?”


“Why did you look for me?” I asked bravely. I wanted to know why he was looking for me and why he was so eager to know my name, which he now knows.
 

He cleared his throat, “We weren’t done with coffee that night and I wanted to do it again” he ruffled my hair, “So, Maxinne Bianca Lee, huh?”


“My dad’s Korean” I smiled


“No wonder you have small eyes” he chuckles, “So, the ‘Bianca’, is that Italian?”


I nodded, “I think so”


“And the ‘Maxinne’?”


“I think its American?” I smiled shyly, not knowing the origin of my name.
 

“That’s why you’re called ‘Max’” he concluded, “Why don’t you use your whole name?”


“’Max’ is easier to remember and it’s cooler”


There was a knock on our door and Donghae quickly opened door, letting the man in with the trolley of food. When he finished setting the meal on the table he bowed and then left. I looked at all of it. It looked so appetizing! There was mashed potato, double cheese burger, fries, Coke, Iced Tea, ice cream and banana crepe.


“Wow!” I started eating the dessert first. I took three pieces of fries and then dipped it in the ice cream. I started eating the double cheese burger, not caring if a super hot idol was watching me eat like a pig. Bite after bite, it felt like heaven to me. It felt like the thing with Kyuhyun wasn’t something I need to worry about anymore.


“Oppa” I said with a mouth filled with double cheese burger, “I read the reactions on Twitter” I smiled at him and then shoved fries in my mouth.


“What did they say?”


I swallowed and then drank my iced tea, “Some found it irritating and some found it cute”


“We make a good match” he smiled and then ruffles my hair again, “Don’t you have a Korean name?” he asked.


“I have one but I prefer to be called ‘Max’ because it’s just so cool” I smiled and then took a bite off of my burger.


 “Why don’t you have a boyfriend?” he asked me


“I don’t have time for that” I said, “Besides, I have fifteen husbands. I don’t need a boyfriend” I smiled at him and again he ruffled hair.
 
It was fifteen minutes past five when Donghae and I decided to visit the members at the hotel they were originally checked in. We took a cab towards the hotel. Donghae and I were wearing our disguise. I wasn’t a celebrity but he insisted, since fans know me, well, my face at least.


We knocked on their door and Sungmin opened the door, “Hey!”


“Oppa!” I smiled and then Donghae pulled me inside before anyone else could see us. I see Siwon, Shindong, Hyukjae and Henry inside the room. They just started eating their dinner, I think. Or it’s would just be their snack after a really long day.


“I knew you two were dating!” Henry said as he patted a spot next to him on the sofa, “Don’t worry. Kyuhyun hyung isn’t here” he smiled.


I just smiled back and then Siwon spoke, “We’re sorry with how he acted”


“No need to apologize for him” I said


“ He wants to hear it from Kyuhyun” Donghae sat beside me


“So, are you two , like, dating?” Shindong asked us and again, I just blushed.


“Ani, hyung” Donghae said


“Hae, how can you do this to me?” Hyukjae started to fake a cry, “I thought you loved me!” he was whining.


I giggled, “I think you should comfort him” I nudged Donghae’s side, “I know how special he is to you” I rubbed his shoulder, riding along with the joke.


Donghae chuckled, “He can handle himself. He’s a grown man”


Siwon’s eyes widened, “All of a sudden, the fish likes a human” he concludes, “Max, have you eaten yet?” Siwon asked me.


“Ne” I smiled


“Hey, you two should really tell the management you two are dating” Sungmin told us


“Even If I wanted to, she’s a minor. Our relationship is illegal” Donghae defended. Wait, did he say ‘Even if he wanted to’? What does he mean by that?


“I think we shouldn’t say anything or do anything just yet” I spoke, “Let’s just let the photos circulate and until your manager tells us something to do, we have to stay where we are” I tell them.


“So, where are we, exactly?” Donghae asked me with eyes searching for an answer. The room was silent for the very moment, or that’s what I think it was. We just stared at each other for awhile. It was so serious, like he was expecting an answer from me.


“We’re here” I tell him, “In this moment. Right now. As friends” I smiled at him and then ruffled his hair. The members in the room cheered.


“So, how do you explain that?” Hyuk asked us, “That’s what you call ‘not in a relationship’?” he asked.


“We’re in one” I answered, “Friendship” I defended.


Donghae smiled at me. That smile where it’s not just warm but it’s sincere. Someone’s phone rang all of a sudden. It was Siwon’s.


“Ne?” he answered. Siwon really looks good when he’s serious and in business mode. He’s fit to be a business man, “Donghae? He’s here with Max” he answered, “Ne . . . Now? . . . The two of them? . . . Ne . . . Arasseo” he disconnected the call.


“What was that about?” Sungmin asked


“The media wants an explanation, Donghae” Siwon said, “That was manager hyung. He told me that you and Max will be doing an interview tomorrow”


“What?” I was surprised. Me? Do an interview? With Donghae?


“She can’t do an interview” Donghae said


“She has to” Siwon said, “Photos have reached the management since this morning. You need to explain this”


“I don’t have to. They don’t need to know about us”


“They already do and they want a clear explanation whether you two are dating or not” Hyuk said and then looked at me, “Max, will it be okay for you to do an interview?”


I looked at him. If I do the interview, then, we don’t need to hide from all of this. We can go out simply as friends whenever we please. Donghae and I would go out and there would be no malice.
Donghae touched my hand, “Don’t do it you don’t want t---“ “LOOK AT WHAT SHE’S DONE!” Kyuhyun barged in the room.


“Kyuhyun! Calm down!” Siwon stood up  


 “MANAGER HYUNG IS FRUSTRATED! DONGHAE HYUNG, JUST GET RID OF HER! FANS KEEP ON TWEETING ABOUT YOU TWO! THEY KEEP ON POSTING PHOTOS OF YOU TWO ON WEIBO!” OKAY! THAT’S IT!


I stood up and walked towards him and pushed his chest, “Look, if you think I’m some sort of parasite, then, I’m sorry. But don’t ever and I mean EVER put the blame on me for your miserable love life!”


Kyuhyun looked at me. He was shocked with what I just told him, “GET RID OF HER!”


“WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY WITH ME!?”


He pulled on my wrist as tight as possible and then brought me out of the room, closing the door behind me. Donghae called Kyuhyun’s name, telling him to stop but he didn’t.


He pushed me against the wall, “You want to know why I hate you?”


I was just breathing in front of him and then I swallowed. I shouldn’t have made him this angry. He was pacing in front of me, running his fingers through his hair, “No. I don’t. That’s why I was asking you”


 “Why can Donghae hyung date and I can’t? I don’t have the freedom as much as he does!!!”


“That’s it?! You hate me because you think Donghae and I are dating? Look, I know you’re deprived of dating Seohyun but what the hell, man?! Don’t blame that on me!” I pushed him away and then opened the door of the hotel room.


They stared at me, “What did he say?” Donghae asked


“He hates me because Seohyun can’t be like me. He hates me because he thinks we’re dating” I shook my head, “Oppa, I want to head back to my hotel. I need to rest” I was about to cry and I didn’t know why!


 
Donghae and I drove back to our hotel in silence. He didn’t force me to talk because obviously, I’d end up screaming at him, not talking. He just rubbed my hand or shoulder from time to time, to let me know that I have someone to talk to whenever I’m ready.


I was so angry at Kyuhyun. Just because he has personaly issues, doesn’t mean he’s excused from bad behavior. Donghae and I aren’t dating and he’s upset because he thinks we are. He’s upset because he thinks that Donghae has the freedom to date and he can’t. He’s so CHILDISH! He’s immature, that’s the first sign that he really can’t have a girlfriend.
He’s childish, arrogant, immature, annoying, unreasonable, tall . . . cute . . . a guy with an annoyingly warm smile . . . one big pile of perfection. Even though I hate him, I can’t help not to just remember how he looked back at the hotel. He was just wearing his pajama pants and his white shirt, yet he managed to look so . . . good.
 
Donghae and I went up to our floor as soon as we got back to the hotel. I was still preoccupied with what happened and how my feelings for Kyuhyun were like the emotions of a bipolar old lady. I sighed and sighed and sighed.
We ended up in front of my room and I turned to look at him, “Thanks for today, oppa” I smiled up at him.


He ruffled my hair with a smile, “Sorry if I didn’t make it perfect”


“You may not have made it perfect but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t memorable. I’ll see you . . . tomorrow?” I hope he’d still be here by tomorrow or at least just a couple of more days.


He nodded, “But . . .It’ll be my last day here tomorrow. I’m planning of going back home, explain this to manager hyung”


“Oh!” I remembered, “The interview, do you still need me to do it?”


He shook his head, “No need” he smiled


I nodded, “Good night”

“Good night”

I tapped my key and then opened the door. I took one step forward and Donghae held my elbow, spun me around and the next thing I know, I was against his chest. I smelled his scent. It was really good. I felt his arms hold me tight and my arms automatically wrapped around his waist. It was a moment where I would like to tweet about it but then it would be more special if it was kept between Donghae and I.   

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!!! Chapter Six!!!