Ghosts

I'm In Love With An Idol

Donghae took me home three minutes before my curfew. That was really prompt of him. I had a good night ahead of me and the best part was, I was with Donghae tonight. We were out as friends and not as this controversial couple where people would bully me for going out with him, no, that was Kyuhyun now. Donghae held the door open for me and I stepped out. I stood in front of him and he gazed down at me with a smile on his face. He tucked a few strands of hair behind my eat and leaned down to give me a kiss on my forehead. 

"Goodnight, Ms. Lee" he says and then he rode his car

I smiled, "Good night" I greeted back and walked up to my floor with a girly gir smile on my face. This has been one of the most amazing nights the Greek gods could give me. It was like taken out from a John Green book or from Nicholas Sparks. Life was all too perfect for me, which was scary. When I got my floor, I opened the front door and my dad was sitting in the living room talking to my mother through FaceTime. He looked up and his eyes were weak and looked like there was something wrong. 

I closed the door behind me and then walked up to him, "What's going on?" I asked my dad 

He sighed, "We need to get home" 

My eyes widedned, "What? Now? I thought we still have a week?" I asked 

"Is that Max?" my mom asked 

I sat beside my dad, "Yes" 

"Hon, you need to get home as soon as possible" 

My heart reaced. No! What about Kyuhyun? What about the love story to be written in history books? I can't leave now! I can't leave ! What about Kyuhyun? What about me? What about Kyuhyun?! "Why?"

My mom sighed, "There's a problem with the power plant in Cebu, your father needs to get home before anything else goes wrong" 

"You need dad, then I'll stay here and spend the rest of the remain week here. I'll be okay and I'll be safe. I have the members to take care of me" I tried to persuade them to let me stay until next week. 

"You can't be left here alone" my father says

"I can't leave now" 

My mother sighs again, "What's wrong with coming home? Is it because of that Kyuhyun guy? Is it because you've 'fallen in love' with this man? Hon, I support the lve you have for him but the thing is, you're young and there are still a lot of men out there, same age as yours. He will hurt your feelings in the end because there are things you can't give him now" 

My heart raced, "That's not true!" 

My dad suddenly butted in, "Hon, I'll call you later. I need to speak with you daughter without you"

"No! Max, he's a grown man! He has needs that you can't provide him. You can't give him the satisfaction that a man needs. Max, you're young and you still have a lot to learn. You still have to finish a lot of thing, learn to prioritize. How sure are you that you're the only woman he's playing around with? Maxinne, how sure are you that he doesn't have another woman under his sheets at night? Stop being stupid! Stop with the fangirl love! You're a fan and nothing more to him than just that" 

My eyes were filled with tears that were just waiting to fall, "He can teach me" 

"That's enough! You have two days, Maxinne! You can't stay there alone. Your father needs to come home and you need to come along with him. Don't be hard headed! Your father has already bought the tickets, you have three days to pack and say good bye to Kyuhyun. You can come back some other time anyway" my mother reasoned out. 

My father sighed, "I'll call you later, hon" 

I sat there, not knowing what to say and how to tell Kyuhuyn that I'm leaving in two days. How do I tell him that? How do I  even start the conversation? "You can't be left here, Max, you know that"

"Kyuhyun will take care of me. It'll only be a a few days, right?"

"We're still not sure of that, Maxinne. There's a big problem in the power plant in Cebu. There's still so much to do there. There are about seventy other power plants all over cebu and we can't afford to lose this project and of course, the trust of the client"

I contemplated with what my father said. I'm sure it'll only be awhile and I can still go back whenever the problem's been fixed, "Okay, I just need time to tell Kyuhyun this" I said and stood up and went to my room. I took out my phone from my bag and placed it on the side table. I planned on takigna long and hot shower first befroe calling him. I went to the bathroom and took off all my clothes and jumped in the shower letting the hot water trickle down my body. It's amazing how a minute ago, I was so happy and that I thought my life was so perfect and in just one moment I needed to go home because of a problem. 

When I got out of the bathroom, I sat on the edge of my bed and took my phone in my hands, "Just tell him you need to get home and that you need to come along with you dad, I'm sure he'll understand" I tell myself. 

To: BarBeKyu

Kyu, can I call you? I need to tell you something ...

I sent the message and waited for his response. Why wasn't he answering? Maybe he's still having fun with the boys? Maybe he's still eating or dancing and . . . I couldn't wait any longer. I sent another text.

To: BarBeKyu

Kyu, please call me, I need to speak with you

To: BarBeKyu

Kyuhyun, please call me I need to tell you something 

I then decided to call Donghae, since, it's only been an hour since we were together. I dialed Donghae's number and after six rings, he asnwered me and I panicked, "Donghae! Donghae!!!" 

"Woah! What? What? What's wrong?"

"Where's Kyuhyun oppa?" I asked calmly 

"Jesus! I thought something was wrong! I think they're still having dinner and maybe even be drinking and singing, too. I'm at the dorm right now. Why don't you call him?”

Great, “Of  course I want to call him, it’s just that I texted him first”

“Have you called him?”

“Not yet”

“Then call him, Max” he says. I didn’t want to call Kyuhyun because I was afraid he wouldn’t call me back. I can’t call him, “Can you please call him for me?”

“Why?”

“Donghae just please call him. I need you to do this for me, just one simple favour” I tell him

“Alright, fine. I’ll call you when I have or haven’t reached him then, you’re on your own”

“Deal”

I waited and waited and waited. Have you ever felt like something was wrong out of not so sure reasons? It was like all of a sudden I was afraid to call my boyfriend and tell him that I was going to leave in two days. Of course, he’d be mad if I tell him my unexpected packing of bags, right? But there was more to than the fact that he would be mad at me. There was more to than just having him scream and tell me that I can’t go that early. I didn’t know I was so scared of leaving when I can come back after the problem in Cebu. I can come back earlier if my mom would come with me or my friends can come with me! Francine would surely say yes to this trip because I could introduce her to Donghae! I could be the bridge of their future love, right? I can make my best friend happy with her bias, right?

Why am I stressing so much? Why am I so worried? It’s like I couldn’t keep my head straight with all of this! Max, calm down. Calm down, okay? This is no big deal, it’s not like you’re forbidden to date him, it’s just that . . . you’re not going to be in the same country as he’s in for the next who knows how many days or weeks or maybe months . . .

Suddenly, my phone  started ringing and it was Donghae calling me! “Hello?”

“He’s not answering”

“What? What do you mean he’s not answering?”

“Did he answer even just one of your texts?”

“No”

“That settles it then. I’ll see you tomorrow if you ever pass by the dorm. Good night, Max. Call him, okay? I’m sure it’ll be better if you called him. It’ll make things . . . better”

What? “Huh? What do you mean?”

“Just call him, okay? I call him tonight, ask him where he is, ask him who he’s with”

Weird but not really that weird, “O-okay . . .”

With that, I disconnected the call and reflected on my bed. There was something really weird with what Donghae was saying, like . . . he meant something else. Maybe Kyuhyun’s got something to tell me? What could it be? Maybe he’s the one who’s going to leave for New York or something? Maybe he’s going to get married to some girl he doesn’t even know? Or worse . . . NO!!

I dialled Kyuhyun’s number and waited until about three things until he picked up the phone, “Yes?” the background music was loud.  He’s at a bar . . . With strippers?

“Where are you?” I  sounded like a paranoid wife

“I’m partying, babyyyyyyyyyyyyy”

“How are you going to get home?”

“Yeahhh!!! You know, babyyyyyy  . . . I wish you were here right nowwwww  . . . Soehyun just got home and she’s dying to see you againnnnn . . .”

“WHAT?!” WHAT THE IS SHE DOING HERE?

“Good night babyyyyyyy! I wuv youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!”

“Wai--- Hello?” he disconnected the call

Soehyun’s here? Now? Why? Since when? Jesus and Kyuhyun’s with her? He’s drunk! What if . . . No!!!!! I trust him, right? I do . . . I know I do . . . He's just having fun tonihgt, I'm sure he's with the rest of the boys and I know they're all going to be a good influence and not let him do anything that he'll regret. 

 

I woke up on the floor with my phone on my chest, thirty text messsages from Donghae and one from Kyuhyun and seventeen percent left with my battery percenatge. I stood up, my head throbbing and my back aching like . . . woah . . . I took my luggages out of my closet and started packing my clothes that I wouldn't need until tomorrow. There was suddenly a knock on my door and my dad spoke, "Max?"

"Come in" I said 

"Packing already?"

"Just getting ready for the trip tomorrow" 

"Have you told him yet?"

I shook my head, "I will later, we're going out . . ."

 

Kyuhyun asked me out today, he didn't tell me where we're going and so, I just went along with him. I was in my sneakers, high waist pants and shirt. We were in the car, listening to the sound of our breathing. Kyuhyun was quiet and stiff, like he wanted to tell me something but couldn't, of course there was something . . . Seohyun was that something he wants to tell me but couldn't. Maybe I'm over thinking it? Maybe he's just tired and had too much coffee to drink? Maybe? I know he wouldn't do something like that . . . yes?

"Kyu?" I called out his name. My heart was . . . I think . . . going to break anytime  . . .

"Ther's an Australian resto near Namsam, wanna try it?" he asked me

He was staring to avoid me, "Kyuhyun, I need to tell you something"

"They have yogurt there with endless toppings, too" he made a left turn and continued to drive ahead 

"Kyuhyun, I need you to listen to me" 

I heard a sigh from him and he stopped the car on the side of the road. he unbuckled his seatbelt and leaned to give a hard, sweet and long kiss on my lips. My eys widened at the sudden aggressive act . . . What is going on?

He connected our foreheads and cupped my face in his hands and looked deep into my eyes, "I love you . . . you know that right?" he asked me. There . . . I knew there was soemthign wrong . . . I knew . . . something happened but I wouldn't believe my own thoughts until I heard him say it . . .

"You were with Seohyun last night, right?" I asked him, trying not to look weak and then cry in front of him . . . 

He nodded, "And . . . something happened . . ." he whispered and then a tear rolled on his cheek. My heart clenched and was ready to explode anytime soon. I felt like my world crumbled down and that I was the biggest and most stupid GIRL who believed in this man's lies.  

"Then tell me . . . what exaclty happened . . . I need you to tell me the truth . . ." 

"Max, I'm so sorry . . . I didn't mean to . . ."

"I don't need your apologies . . . I want you to tell me what happened" I gritted my teeth

"I was too drunk and Seohyun was suddenly there at the party and I didn't know that she was coming home a---" "I need you to take me home. RIGHT NOW" I forfully pulled my hands away from him. I looked out at the open road and let my tear fall from my eyes.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awwwwww :( 

XOXO