Pain in the

I'm In Love With An Idol

My mother always mentioned that a person should always learn to read between the lines. In this case, I didn't have to read between the lines because from his words, I knew what Kyuhyun had wanted to say. 

"So, while she isn't here ... I'm going to be by your side?" I was greatly offended. The with this man?! 

Kyuhyun closed his eyes, breathing in heavily, "That's not what I meant, Max" 

"Then what exactly do you mean by that?" 

"That ... I asked you out tonight because I want to share my time with you" 

"And why?" 

"Because you're a lot different from Seohyun. What I want in a woman is someone who I can be debatable with. Someone who will oppose to what I say and will surprise me with wit" 

I sat back and crossed my arms over my chest, "You're an " I tell him, "I thought you liked her and now, you're here telling me that you like a woman who's the total opposite of the woman you're dating. This is epic" I wanted to stand but he held my hand. 

"You don't know the way home" 

"I can call Donghae" honestly, I was scared if Kyuhyun just let me wander off but then my pride is on the line here! 

He sighed, "Please" that was a plea. A plea from Cho Kyuhyun! "Don't leave me hanging here. We have steak and mashed potatoes waiting for us" 

Okay, I have to admit that if it wasn't for the mashed potatoes and steak, I would have ing left, "Kyuhyun, what are you trying to do with me? Are you playing some sick game because I don't want to play that game" 

"It's not a game. It's a simple request, Max" 

"Well I'm  offended with the way you asked for that request" 

"I'm just asking you to share my passion with me. I can clearly see that you have the same taste for food, Max but I wouldn't assume the same for wine?" 

I rolled my eyes at him, "Whatever" I said and then I pulled out my phone and dialed Donghae. 

It took him two rings to answer"Ne? Where are you? Are you home? I'm having dinner. Have you eaten yet?" He asks more questions than my father would ask me. 

"Oppa, I was about to get dinner but then someone pissed me off. Can you please pick me up? I'm at this really new American restaurant near the dorm. Can you please pick me up?" 

I heard his sigh, "What did he do?" 

"He pissed me off. Real good" I said and then all f a sudden, the jerk in front of me had snatched my phone, "HEY!" 

"Hyung ... No ... I wasn't putting her off ... No ... Why would I do that? No, she was just overreacting to the joke I said ... Hyung, believe me ... Ne ... I'll make sure she eats well ... Ne ..." And that was the end of the one-sided conversation between Donghae and Kyuhyun. Great. 

I snatched my phone away from him and then sat back in my comfortable seat, "I guess I'm stuck with you" I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Consider this your lucky day" he smirked. 

"I really shouldn't. I'm not lucky to be with someone like you" I spoke. He's an . Period. "Where's our food? It's been twenty minutes" I looked around and hoped that one of the waiters would approach us and have with him our meal. I'm starving. 

He just chuckled and kept his gaze on me. I tried my best to avoid his eyes, I might experience those "getting drunk with his stare" moment that I've read in those fanfictions. I intend to not let that happen. I might die I front of him. 

Finally, the waiter came towards our table and placed our good on the table and our drinks right after. 

I took my spoon and spooned and large amount of mashed potato. It was creamy, buttery and a touch of Basil added excitement to my taste buds. The steak smelled divine, absolute perfection and the juices  are coming out from the small slits on the meat. Amazing piece of perfection. 

"See? You seem to appreciate what you eat" Kyuhyun noted. He had his knife in his right hand and his fork in his left. A glass of wine was on his left side. 

I sighed and placed my fork down, "Look, I'm not in the mood to talk to you. Actually, I don't want to be here with you. If it wasn't for this axing steak and smooth mashed potato, I would have stood up and let myself be lost in the unknown streets of Korea. Now, if you don't want to be blamed for my being lost, shut up and eat" Damn it! 

Kyuhyun took his glass and had a simple yet y sip, "You're way too old for your body" he says. 

I raised an eyebrow, "What?" 

"You seem like you have the world figured out, Max. You seem to keno what you want, when you want it and how to get it. You basically don't need school anymore. You're like an older woman trapped inside a fifteen year old girl's body, desperate to look young but be old and mature" 

"What, I'm too old for you now?" The last time we talked about age, he told me I was too young and now he's telling me that I'm too old! Men! 

"I'm saying you're mature and Donghae Hyung and everybody else was definitely right about you. But may I suggest a little anger management?" 

"I'm not angry. I'm irritated" 

"Because of Seohyun?" 

"Because you keep on comparing me! I'm not her! Okay?! Kyu, I want you to look at me as me and not as someone who Seohyun isn't, alright? I don't want to be rembered as someone who is the total opposite of Seohyun" alright, I've made my point and now, I have to make the dramatic exit. 

I wiped the corners of my mouth with the table Malik and then I set it on the table. I stood up and as I hear Kyuhyun call my name, I pull out my phone from my pocket and greet the man by the door and he smiled at me. 

After three rings, he answers, "Hello?" 

"Oppa ..." 

I heard him sigh, "Where are you?" 

"Uhhhh ... In front of the restaurant, near the dorm, can you pick me up?" 

"Alright. Stay there and wait. I'll come and get you and then ...wait, have you eaten?" 

"I was in the middle of eating my gorgeous meal ... But that jackass ruined the moment" 

"I'll see you" and with that, he disconnected the call. I places my phone back in my pocket and when I turned around, he was standing in front of me. 

"You didn't finish your meal" he muttered, "That's bad" 

I rolled my eyes and started walking away from him, "You don't know where your going!" He called out loud. 

No , "I don't really care! If rather be lost than be next to you!" I continued walking until I reached the corner of the street. I stood under the the traffic light and waited until it flashed green for pedestrians to cross. It took about a minute or so for the light to flash green but it only took Kyuhyun ten seconds to catch up with me. 

"Oh God! Please!" I said as I was crossing the street with about twenty more second until I get run over by the nearest car. I started walking faster because in between my thoughts, I've lost five more seconds and I wasn't across the street just yet. Suddenly, he was in front of me. 

"Max!"he sounded irritated and tired and most of all, irritated. And then the cars were starting to blow their horns. Bad. I pushed him aside and brisk walked because I was nearly across the street with only nine seconds more. 

I stepped on the sidewalk and turned around to see him three feet away from me, which means he was still in the pedestrian lane and in front of a black SUV. I looked at the timer and saw, hey! He had five seconds before he would be either run over by the car and or be honked on by the huge lane of cars. 

I shook my head and ran towards him, grabbed him by his collar and then pulled him to the side. Just in time before the cars started to cross, "You should thank me. I saved your life" I said and then walked away, still not knowing where I should be headed. He pulled on my elbow and spun me around and I looked up at him with shock. 

"Thank you" he smirked. . That perfect little smirk can definitely kill. What?! Max! Snap out of it! You're mad at him right now! 

"I ruined your dinner, but you haven't had dessert yet. I've cream?" He offered. Seriously?! He'll ruin my whole night if I say yes to this!

"No thanks, I'm on a diet. And I just remembered that my first includes no eating"

"That's not going to be good for you"

"At least I'll look skinny and all that's pretty when I weigh less than a plastic bag"

"Donghae Hyung told you to wait where you were. Why did you leave?"

"Because you were there" I answered and then pulled away from him which I failed to do.

"And because of me, you'll have the strength to break that promise of waiting for him?" 

Was this still about me, waiting for Donghae to pick me up in front of the restaurant or ... Is this about something else? "I'll explain why I left" 

"But you broke that promise" 

"Well you shouldn't have shown up so that I wouldn't have left!" 

"You're my responsibility. What kind of an adult would I be if I let you go around the unfamiliar streets? I want to be or at least I try to be responsible for another life" he reasoned out. 

"Max!" Donghae's voice. I turned around and used the chance to pull away from his grip and run towards Donghae.

"hi!" I hugged him and then pulled away and eyes suddenly fell on his clothes, "Duck PJs?" I was really amused, "How old are you again?" 

He narrowed his eyes, "Very funny" he fakes a laugh. He looked over me and then saw Kyuhyun. He looked at me again and then asked, "Would you like to go home?" 

"Nope. Feed me first" 

He nodded and then said, "Kyuhyun! Manager Hyung is looking for you you need to get your back to the dorm right now!" 

I turned around and Kyuhyun had his hands in his pockets, "What is it about this time?" 

"Beats me" Donghae shrugged and then said, "He just told us, especially me, to call you up and since you weren't answering your phone, the guys were worried about you" 

"Don't they know that I was with her? And I just got off the phone with you" 

"A couple of us know but that doesn't include manager Hyung. Besides, that's  why were were ten times more worried because you were with her. Good thing she called me up" 

Kyuhyun sighed and then nodded, "Alright. I'll go" he said and then started walking away from Donghae and me. 

I heard him chuckle and I looked up at him and asked,  "Why are you laughing?" 

"It's just funny how Kyuhyun shows affection for someone. Especially towards you, very different from us" 

I'm sorry, what?! What kind of affection?! Like brother-sister or like ... A romantic type of affection but then my question was suddenly answered when he said, "I guess you're happy to hear that"