Needy

I'm In Love With An Idol

Options. These are given to us for one whole purpose. To be responsible enough for that choice made. But that one purpose is the hardest thing  to be. Being responsible is one of the hardest thing to be and to do but, at the end of the day, you'll end up learning, 

 

The awkward silence between Donghae and I had brought me to the realization that there maybe choices that will not be dorm thing good in the eyes of others, "He just asked for a chance, Hae" I mustered as I reached for his hand across the bed. 

"I know I can't tell you to do anything. Especially with this one. Who am I but a man who loves you. I'm just here to prove myself worthy of you, right? So you don't need to explain" 

"It's like you're making me feel bad about what I did" 

"Is that what you feel? Bad? Then that's not my fault" he says. 

Donghae and I were in my room. Donghae and I were on my bed, legs crossed and tucked underneath the other. A pillow was placed on our laphad explained to my father why we needed privacy. Why we need to talk. 

"Donghae, I gave him the chance because he asked for it" 

"No" he quickly said, "You gave him that chance because you know very well that ... At some point ... You'll say yes" 

"That's absurd! I promised you th---" 

"Exactly. You promised. What happened to that promise, huh? What, did you forget?" 


"No ... Donghae it's just that ... No ..." 

"You just love the ing attention, right?! God damn it, Max!" 

I fell silent on my seat. My lips were together, preventing myself from speaking. His eyes obviously bore anger. I clutched on the pillow against my chest. I swallowed my saliva twice more than I really should. 

"Oh now you're silent! This is nice!" I've never seen Donghae this mad. I felt confused and disgusted at the same time, as if I was this . 

I swallowed, "Uhhh ... Donghae ... I think this isn't the best time to talk ... You're ..." 

"What?! You can't explain anymore and now you want me to leave? You want to be left alone and think about the you just did? And later, you'll be calling Kyuhyun to be your knight and shinning armor?" 

I bit my lower lip and breathed in slowly and released, "Are you that mad at me? Are you that angry?" 

"Max! I'm more than angry!" 

"Then why?!" 

"Because! You gave Kyuhyun that chance that I wanted!" 

"You're not my boyfriend" I reminded him. He froze on his place, suddenly realizing the truth behind what we really have. 

"And now you're using that against me?"

"I'm not using it against you. I'm laying down facts. You're not my boyfriend nor is Kyuhyun. Im giving you both a chance. Don't you think that's fair?" 

"No I don't" he shook his head, stood up and was about to open the door. 

"And why?" 

"Because you loved him first" he said and left my room. I stood up and slammed the door louder, "Oh yeah! Well ..." But then I fell silent. I sat ok the edge of my bed wanting to cry but couldn't. The confusion had hit my system and the guilt has already spread through my veins like a virus in an isolated area. I did love it, the attention I was given. It satisfied my insecurity. But all the more did I feel the guilt with that little fact that I desperate for a man's attention. All the more did I need to talk to Kyuhyun because I know, he'll be the only one to comfort me. As there was a knock on my door, a faint voice was heard from the other side, my father has heard the conversation, obviously. 

"Sweetheart? Is everything alright?" 

I gritted my teeth. I took my phone and opened the door, "I'm going somewhere, dad. I'll see you later" i said and opened the front door, closing it afterwards. I unlocked my phone and called the other man that loved me. 

"Yes, Ms. Lee?" He answered after five or six rings, just in time for me to rode the elevator. 

"Where are you?" 

"I'm at Kona Beans. Why?" 

"Can I swing by?" I was panting as I spoke to him. 

"Uhhh ... I get off in like thirty minutes but yeah sure" 

"Okay I'll see you" I hailed a cab and gave him the address. I had my body resting against the backseat of the cab. My phone started ringing after I let out another breath. I tucked my hair behind my ear and answered. 

"Dad?" 

"Where are you going? And what happened?" 

"I'll explain everything later. Right now, I need to speak with someone" 

"Young lady, you answer me right this moment. Where are you?!" 

"Dad, please. I can't argue right now. I promise I'm safe. I'm going to meet Kyuhyun today and we'll be talking about something really important. I'll have him drive me home before my curfew" 

"Max wai---" and I had cut my father and his sentence. I placed my phone in my pocket and rubbed my temple. My head was ed up like crazy, my body was aching and my heart was beating ing fast. Why do I even want to see that little ? Why am I running to him like this? I am suddenly needy of his presence. What the is this all about?! 

 

With a couple of minutes in the cab, frustrated and confused, I arrived at Kona Beans with a long, long line greeted me. I blinked and then I took out my wallet, payed the cab driver and went off. Girls, obviously, were lined up outside because, I guess, because Kyuhyun was working today. I slowly walked towards the entrance, hoping not ti be recognized by the people. In the end, I failed to do. 

"Hey! Isn't that the Filipina that Kyuhyun likes?" One girl with a camera and angry, well, irritated eyes pointed at me. The other girls turned to look at me and I just smiled at them and proceeded inside the store. People started to whisper when they saw Kyuhyun wave at me. I waved back and ran towards the counter. He was still taking the lady's order but I took the liberty to stay behind the counter and stand next to him. 

"You have five minutes" I whispered by his ear. He chuckled. Remebering how he promised me thirty minutes. 

"That'll be thirty dollars, ma'am" he spoke and the lady gave him the money. He placed the cash in the register and signaled a staff to continue the operation for him. He pulled me towards the back, to the restricted area. He opened the door to his office and he made me sit on the couch. He took off his apron and took out a fresh shirt. 

"So, what brings you here, Ms. Lee?" He asked, his back onto me. 

"I talked to Donghae" I said  and he was frozen on his place. He turned to give me a worried look. He placed his fresh shirt on the table and then he walked up to me, kneeling on the floor. He took my hands in his and squeezed it. 

"What did he say?" 

"He got mad. Saying that I gave you the chance that he wanted. I was trying to be fair. I didn't mean harm" I explained, "He even told me that I might be liking the idea that tow guys are chasing me" 

"That's not true" he said and then he sat beside me, pulled me close to his chest. I wasn't crying,  I didn't want bull and emotions right now. I just needed someone to talk to. Someone who will share the I'm going through. He suddenly cupped my face in his palms and looked down at me, "I don't care whether he gets mad at me. Treat me like " he said. 

"But I can't live with that" I said, "Friends are far more important than girlfriends, Kyu" 

He shook his head, "I want you in my life" 

I looked at him, tilting my head to the  side, as if I'm trying to figure him out, "I---" "Shhhh" he connected our foreheads, "Let's enjoy the day together" he stood up and took his short from the table and went in the bathroom to change. When he got out, he walked towards me and handed his hand out to me. I took it, stood up and smiled. 

He opened the door and we went out with the fans waiting with eyes that are sharper than a newly sharpened pencil. Kyuhyun stopped and so did I. He placed his arm over my shoulder, holding me close to him. I blushed. He kissed the too of my head and sqeals were heard, flashes from cameras blinded me, "What are you doing?" I asked his in the lowest but audible tone as possible. 

"Showing you off" he said with the widest smirk I've ever seen him flash. I bit my lower lip. We started walking and people kept on taking photos of us. Kyuhyun and I walked towards his car and he opned the door for me. I rode in and he walked to the other side. He got in and started the engine, "So, where shall I take you, Ms. Lee?" 

"Away from this hell hole I'm in" I said and slumped back in my seta with my feet up and tucked under my chin. 

Kyuhyun glanced at me, "I can take you anywhere. You just need to be specific, Max" 

"I need to cool off. Chill and feel like I just smoked pot" I said. 

"How can you compare? Have you tried it?" He sounded like someone who would scold me if I said yes" 

"well, I wouldn't say that I finished a stick but yeah ... I've tried it and you know ... It gave me a little piece of heaven on earth" i winked at him. 

"You're reckless" He said to me 

"I'm a little damaged" I spoke all of a sudden. I promised my ty self not to be dramatic right now. Sorry, couldn't help beingg that ty . 

"Damaged it what way?" He asked me 

"In so many ways, hon" I said, "It's like I'm this big pile of " 

"Are you saying this because of Donghae hyung?"

"No" 

"Well, you're serious then?" 

"Yes" 

At the little silence that has dominated the atmoshpere, I have had the chance to think and reflect on this little issue in my system. I'm a little , somewhere in my little ty world. And in my little ty world lies little ty problems. The never ending tyness. I'm seriously this damaged person. At first, I ignored it. Until the day that it triggered my inner most damaged self. It wasn't easy to deal with. It lasted for two years. Until I met Kyuhyun and I still wanted to live because I dreamed of seeing him. It's a shallow reason but yes, to my surprise, too, it was because of Kyuhyun that my whole life changed. Crazy. 


I sense something was bothering the little beside me. But I was hesitating to ask. He still looked calm with whatever and if ever something was really bother him. I reclined my seat and took off my shoes. I laid on my side, curling up and I just looked at him. How can he be so composed? Does he not have any problems? Why is he so perfect? 

"What are you staring at?" He asked with that all-knowing smirk plastered across his perfectly made face. 

"You" I said, "Am I not too obvious of being damaged?" 

"Not even close" 

I closed my eyes, sighing happily at the little thought of someone understanding me even just for one moment of my life. I hate drama, it causes emotions to explode and roam around, affecting everyone else. I hate drama because it reminds me how weak I am. I hate drama because it makes me look like I'm not worth even the slightest in the world. 

"Why are you damaged at the age of fifteen?" He suddenly asked. 

With my eyes still closed, I answered, "Because ... I'm nothing but a huge disappointment" I whispered. 

"You don't look like that" 

"Looks can be deceiving, Mr. Cho. I highly doubt you don't know that" 

"Am I that good looking for you?" 

"For everyone, correction" suddenly, I felt the car come to a stop. I ipened my eyes and saw him smiling down at me. We just looked at one another, waiting for one to move or mutter a word. 

"Sit" he says, "I want you to see this" he smiled

I sat up and saw what he had wanted me to see. Like a perfect scenery described in a novel, it seemed so unreal. The sun was about to set, the park was clear of people. 

"Welcome to my world, Ms. Lee" 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------- 

Hey guys! Sorry for this super late update. I was preparing for college entrace exams and so I had to stop writing for awhile. Sorry to disappoint you guys :( Hope you guys would understand. ☺️