Women

I'm In Love With An Idol

“Get that dust bunny under your bed, Kyuhyun” I pointed to the little fella that kept rolling around. Kyuhyun grunted and then vacuumed under the bed, “There ‘ya go!” I said. I then went over his desk and then arranged the pieces of paper. I saw that he was reading a couple of books. Most of them were similar to what I’d usually read.

“What are you doing?” he was suddenly behind me

I waved him the book, “You can read English?”

He furrowed his brows at me, “That’s how I learned to speak English, aside from the fact that Henry would teach me. I read English books, it helps me communicate better in the English language”

I raised a brow, “So you couldn’t have picked a more non- type of reading material?”

He chuckled, “Fifty Shades of Grey was a big hit” he took the book from my placed it in the semi-type of shelf above his desk. He looked at me in the eyes. We were so close to each other. He gaze on me made me stiff and unable to breathe, “Do I affect you, Ms. Lee?” he was imitating the way Christian Grey would look at talk to Ana Steele.

I swallowed, “No, sir” What?! I answered like her as well! Wow, I have got to thank E.L James for the most effective novel I’ve read in my life. So, here it goes, thank you, E.L James! You made my teenage years worth living.

“Good” he said it in a low and the iest tone possible. He was a vocalist, so, hearing it from him was amazing. Enticing, even. He then went back to his work and left me there with the Ana Steele feels. 

I blinked a few times before I went back to organizing his really messy table. I opened the drawer and saw Polaroid shots. He was Donghae and Sungmin in one photo, they were drinking on the beach. There was another one where he was Siwon and Siwon wanted to kiss Kyuhyun on the forehead but he fought. There was another photo where they were altogether. Kibum was there and so was Hangeng and so was Leeteuk and Yesung.

I smiled at the view. I’ve never seen them together in such a long time and I know that every sing ELF would love to see this photo. Sadly, this is part of Kyuhyun’s privacy so, I can’t just take it with me. I moved to the next photo and this one . . . hit me.

He arm was around her waist as he looked down at her with the biggest and warmest smile I’ve seen. Her eyes smiled at the sight of him. Their faces were so close to each other and they were so . . . happy. He was wearing a three fourths white shirt with straight cut pants. She wore a white maxi dress. Great. They look so perfect.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. It panged me like . I guess when you’re fifteen going on sixteen . . . you’re not just moody but you also can’t figure out what you want. Like right now, I want to cry but I know in the latter part, there would be no reason because . . . I know I have Donghae.

“You know, you wouldn’t be able to finish any work if you get distracted easily” Kyuhyun said but he wasn’t anywhere near me. I quickly placed the photos in his drawer and then started wiping the top of his table. I fixed his mini shelf, arranging the books in order.

I turned to look at him and he was changing his sheets, he was too busy to look at me, “The little man is learning well” I said in some sort of compliment and at the same time sarcastic tone.

He chuckled but still had his eyes on the sheets, “I have a great teacher” he then looked up at me and then gave me that smile again. It warms my heart to see him smile like this, even though I enslave him like this and I know he’s not used to it, he’s simply following me.

“Why?” I asked him all of a sudden

He stopped, “Why what?”

My lips made a hard line, “Why did I ever like you? Okay, why am I even asking? I’ll get the air freshener, it smells like something dies in here” I said and then literally ran out of the room. I stopped in the middle of the hallway and let all the pain out though my tears.

Who am I kidding?! What am I even doing here? I’m not supposed to be here, I should be with my dad, spending quality time with him, but instead I chose this over my family. I ran my fingers through my hair and breathed in, “Excuse me?” someone called.

I looked up and then she looked at me, “Are you alright?” she asked. Damn, photos did not lie when they said Seohyun was perfect. She really was perfect.

I sniffed heard and then wiped my tears, “Yes . . . Uhh . . . are you looking for someone in particular?” I smiled at her.

She nodded, “Is Kyuhyun here?” she asked, smiling sheepishly at me

I nodded, “Y-yeah he’s inside, cleaning his room” and then she gave me surprised look, “I know, it’s hard to believe but yeah, it’s true. Go on inside” I said and then walked past her only to see more of these perfect creations in front of me but here were only about three of them.

“Max!” Heechul called, “Come here, I want you to meet these wonderful ladies”

I smiled and swallowed, “Hello!” I greeted them

Yoona smiled at me, “Wait, are you that girl Donghae oppa’s dating?” she cleared

I nodded, “Guilty as charged”

She smiled, “Wow! You’re really tall! Are you sure you’re fifteen?” she giggled and leaned in for a hug. She was patting my back too!

“Well, technically, I’m turning sixteen in a few months”


“I’m Yoona, by the way” she pulled away and then extended her hand out to me, like the proper way to introduce yourself to someone.

I extended mine as well, “Max Lee”

“I’m Sunny” another girl said and then extended her hand to me

I took it and shook it, “Nice to meet you”

“We’ve heard so much about you” another one said, “I’m Jessica” she smiled

I would’ve said that l’ve heard so much about then too but I haven’t, “Oh . . . Really?” I asked

They nodded, “The fans love you, Max” Yoona said. Damn, her hair was so ing perfect. Hey eyes were perfect, too. I can’t believe this is happening to me. I’m not a SONE but I do like their music.

“The girl there, that’s Seohyun” Jessica pointed through the hallway. Though I couldn’t see her, I know them very well, no need to remind me.

“Where’s Kyuhyun?” Heechul, “Is he done cleaning his room?” he asked

“KYUHYUN OPPA I CLEANING HIS ROOM?!” the three of them asked

I giggled, “Apparently, yes, the man can clean” I said, “Oppa, we’re almost done. We just need to get his laundry done and then get his sheets changed at then we’re done, of course the touch of air freshener wouldn’t hurt, right?” I smiled and then walked towards the laundry room to the air freshener from the cupboards there. Once I got one with the cinnamon scent, I went out and I see Kyuhyun and Seohyun. Her arms clung onto Kyuhyun’s. He was carrying the laundry basket in his hands and he saw me.

“Max! I’m done!” he smiled at me and then raised he laundry basket

I clapped, “Very good! We just need to freshen your room and we’re done!” I winked

Seohyun smiled at me, “Max, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you” she said

I smiled back, “Likewise”

Kyuhyun walked towards me and then I took the basket from him and then I gave him the air freshener. He looked at the scent, “Cinnamon, huh? Seohyun loves this stuff. Thanks” he sai and then ruffled my hair. I just smiled at him. Great.

I placed the laundry basket on the floor and then closed the door of the laundry room, “Max, come here” Heechul called me again.

I walked closer to them and Seohyun smiled at me, “Wow! She is tall!”

“Thank you. Max” I extended my hand out to her

She extended hers out to me, “Seohyun. You’re the girl Donghae’s been paired with, right?” she asked me

I nodded, “Guilty as charged, again”

“Oh! Would you like to come with us tomorrow?” Jessica asked

I cocked my head to one side, “Where exactly?”

“We’re going shopping tomorrow with Heechul oppa and Zhoumi oppa, would you like to join us?” Yoona asked.

“I have to take care of Donghae oppa and besides, I’m sure this is your time to bond with them, I don’t to get in the way” I smiled.

“Awww! That is so cute!” Jessica said, “You really like him, don’t you?”

I smiled, “More than anyone will know”

“Max, thank you so much for teaching Kyuhyun how to fix his room, I’ve been trying to do that for the past three months and still, nothing. Good thing with you, he followed you” she smiled, “Thank you so much”

“It’s not a problem, he just needed a little push”

 

 

After a couple of minutes, Seohyun, Yoona, Jessica and Sunny left the dorm with Kyuhyun with them. Hyuk, Heechul and Shindong oppa left for a radio show. Ryewook, Henry, Zhoumi and Siwon left for an interview. So it was just me and Donghae in the dorm. I wanted to ask him what he wanted to eat but his door was closed so I decided on my own.

I opened the cupboards and there was nothing but noodles there. I decided to cook a dish that was famous in the Philippines. It was pork that was in the sour type of soup. It had vegetables and lots of pork meat. I’d like to call this Sinigang ng Baboy. It’s really good, actually, I grew up loving this.

As I started looking for the right type of vegetables and substituting for some, I got the pot ready. I de-frosted the pork and then started chopping the vegetables. I took out the powdered tamarind from the cupboard and then opened it, let it sit on standby.

“Why were you crying?” someone suddenly asked and I jumped in surprise

“MOTHER ER!” I had my palm over my chest, “God! Donghae, are you kidding me?!” I wanting panting and my breathing wasn’t as stable as it was before. I turned around and he was standing by the foyer of the kitchen door.

“Answer me”

“I wasn’t crying” I said and continued to chop the vegetables, “I wanted to ask you what you wanted to eat but then your door was closed so I decided to cook something from where I came from” I smiled at him.

He walked closer to me, “What is that?” he asked, staring at the pork that was starting to cook in the boiling water that was seasoned in salt and pepper.

“Sinigang na Baboy. This is really good, Donghae. I grew up and this dish turned out to be my favourite” I smiled up at him and then stirred the pork.

“Is it sweet?” he asked

I shake my head, “It’s sour and really good. The sourer it is, the better. It’s really good, especially when you serve it hot” I winked at him.

 He smiled and then leaned on the kitchen counter, “I can’t wait to taste it” he smiled at me. I glanced at him and he was looking at me, “Don’t you know that when you cook, you should tie your hair?” he asked me. I giggled at him and then raised my wrist, where my hair tie was. He took it and then collected my hair and then tied in a messy bun, “Better”

“I know my hair doesn’t look good but thanks anyway” I smiled

He stood behind me, wrapping arms around my waist and leaning down to place his chin on my shoulder, “You look amazing anyway” he said and then kissed my cheek. My heart sank in complete contentment  with Donghae right now. I placed the ladle on the side of the stove and then placed my arms over Donghae’s, hugging him tighter.

“Thank you” I whispered   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!!!! One for tonight! I have last minute parties to attend to ;) See you in my next update :)))

XOXO

BTW, who's your OTP? :)))