Chapter 33

My Secret Crush

Minyoung’s POV

 

It was already 11 PM at night and I still can’t sleep. It’s been like a while since I’ve been twisting and turning around in my bed because I can’t forget about what happened earlier today.

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

I was with Luhan at the park eating ice cream after we had some fun at the arcade and all. Well he was telling me about how Chohee broke up with him. I guess that’s when I saw her this morning or so. She was about to cry in the toilet but met with the baby me instead. Then I saw that his face was full of tears and some snot. No judging because everyone has the snot coming out when you cry.

“You big baby,” I had said to him as I giggled and took out some tissues and started to wipe his tears and his snot. Without myself knowing my face was already so close to his. I tried to hold in some giggles as he was hiccupping like a kid.

How can someone be so cute? Is this even legal? Is it possible for someone to be this cute? Despite the fact that he’s a grandpa? Just kidding, he’s only a few months older than me.

Suddenly he held my hand that was wiping his face and set it down. I thought he was embarrassed but why isn’t he letting go of my hand. The next thing surprised me since he brought up his other hand and cupped my face with it. I notice that my eyes had widened.

“Why do you make me feel all these things?” he asked me. I couldn’t say a thing. I was lost in his eyes. It seems to hold so many things right now. The fact that he just finished crying didn’t help as his eyes was really glossy and all. I could even feel his breath on my face.

He leaned closer and everything seems to be in slow motion. I just can’t help just be a statue there.

Should I push him away? But then why can’t I? I can’t even move a limb right now.

Just as I was arguing with myself his lips already landed on mine. Was it possible for my eyes to go any wider because I think it did.

His lips, his lips are so soft. He was kissing me and I feel like melting onto the group. Luhan get go of the hand he was holding and cup my other side of the face with the free hand. The kiss it was sweet and passionate. My eyelids dropped as I slowly kiss him back. What is this feeling? Am I having butterflies? The way his lips mold into mine perfectly.

Wait what am I doing? Luhan just broke up with Chohee not too long ago. Am I being a rebound to him? Is that it? After realizing this I pushed Luhan and grabbed my bag.

“Sorry but I have to go,” was all I said before I rushed back home.

 

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

 

Now what’s going to happen to us? I felt butterflies to his kiss. Do I feel the way I think I feel for him? There’s no way I’m falling in love with him right? Not Luhan. But what if he actually kiss me because he likes me?

Kim Minyoung this is not right. He broke up his girlfriend not too long ago. There is no way he would actually like you. He could be using you.

But Luhan isn’t someone who would do that. He wasn’t the best person at first. Well our first impressions weren’t good either. Since he was dating Chohee and all back then. The thing is that we had grown closer during the last few months. He was now like my close male friend too besides Sehun oppa and all.

It’s also possible that he was just in the moment and all.

 

DING!

 

I looked down at my phone that was placed by my side on my bed.

 

1 Message From Luhan Oppa

 

He sent me a message? Should I open it? Maybe he was trying to apologizing?

My fingers slid the notification and typed in my password opening up the chat with Luhan and I.

 

From Luhan Oppa:

Minyoung-ah can why are you awake?

Can we please talk tomorrow at the garden ?

At lunch? Please?

 

I didn’t really feel like answer him so I just lock my phone and place it on my bed side table and turn my back against it and closed my eyes. Luckily, I did fell asleep then.

“Kim Minyoung wakie, wakie!” I heard some yelled as I groaned and snuggled closer to my bed ignoring my brother completely. Wait, why the hell is he up before me?! With that thought I shot out of bed and stared at my brother who looked so innocently in front of my bed.

“Why are you up again earlier than me?!” I screamed at him. Because last time he woke up early, things didn’t really end well.

“Minyoungie, I’m not early, you’re just late. Look at the time for God’s sake. We are going to be late for school if you’re going to keep sleeping! Now go and wash and up and have some quick breakfast!” Kai oppa said as he successfully dragged me out of my bed and threw me into my bathroom.

“Oh !” I screamed as I finally took in what he said and started to brush my teeth and shower quickly. I think I made a new record in the shortest shower because a few minutes afterwards I was already changing into my uniform and grabbing my bag and my phone downstairs.

“Morning mom and dad,” I said as I took in all the food for me in a rush.

“Werish kaiiee uppo (Where’s Kai oppa?)” I said with my mouth full of food as my mom tapped on my chin as I immediately closed it. I chew and swallowed my food as I opened my mouth and asked the same question.

“He said his friends told him to come early to school. I guess they have some things to do,” dad explained as I nodded and kept eating my breakfast as fast as I could. I’m just hope that they aren’t up to something but well what’s there to do anyways? No one’s going to hurt me or something. Everything stopped after that dreadful day.

“Bye mom, bye dad!” I screamed as I put on my sneakers and head out the door to our school. Ahri told me that she went early because she had some business in the library so guess I’m going to be alone in school.

 

***

 

Kai’s POV

 

This morning I kind of woke up early and saw that I had a ton of texts in out EXO group chat. Why are the hyungs and dongsaeng up so early?! I was too lazy to read and decided to go back to when my phone rang with the so damn familiar ring tone.

“Why the hell do you want Oh Sehun?! Don’t you know it’s bad to ruin the moment between my bed and I?” I yelled into my phone of course since my walls are soundproof. My family said I need a room like this because I’m always so noisy when I listen to my music and it would be heard throughout the whole house.

“Don’t yell at me; get mad at Lulu hyung later. He told us all to come to school early because he has something to tell us. I’m just informing your stupid since I know you’ll be too lazy to read the messages and would probably go back to sleep. You don’t want to keep the hyungs waiting do you?” he told us and huffed in annoyance. I grinned at that.

“Thanks best friend. I’ll see you at school,” I ended the call before Sehun could say anything and went into the bathroom to shower. I guess today would be one of those so called “weird” days when I get up early and all.

After putting on my uniform I went downstairs and was my mom surprise as she squealed and rushed up and started to pull my cheeks. Why does she have so much power in her?

“Mom,” I groaned as I took her hands off my cheeks as she pouted at me. I turned and asked dad and mouthed “help” but he just grinned and totally ignored me. Of course dad wouldn’t do anything that would go against mom.

“Why is my baby boy up so early? Does he have a girlfriend?! Baby who is that girl that you’re dating?! Bring her home so I can do a background check on her!” mom screamed into my face as I groaned once more. Why do I feel like I heard this before? Didn’t someone say it to me like once before?

“Mom I do not have a girlfriend! I’m up early because the hyungs want to be in school since they say we have something to talk about,” I whined to mom. I know I’m single but I’m not that lonely… at least not yet.

“Fine then, I thought that some witch would have stolen my baby boy away from me. Now have some breakfast and go wake your sister up. I don’t know why that kid is not up yet. Usually she’s already eating here. Make sure she won’t be late too ok,” mom said as she patted my cheeks and went back into the kitchen. I sat down on my seat and started to eat my breakfast. After that I woke Minyoung up and went to school.

 

AT SCHOOL

 

“KIM JONGIN!” Someone screamed out from behind and landed right on my back making me stumbled forward since I was so not expecting another weight on top of me.

“What’s up?” I looked up and saw Chanyeol hyung with a grin on his face. How can he be so happy in the morning? I just want to go back to my precious bed. I made a poker face that hyung.

“The sky,” I muttered as I walked away from hyung and into the school.

“Yah Kim Jongin! Do you even know where you have to go for the meeting?” I stopped at the last sentence. I do not know since Oh Sehun didn’t tell me this morning. I turned back to Chanyeol hyung and he still had that grin on his face.

“Fine let’s go together then hyung,” I said to him as he led the way to our school’s garden. It wasn’t that big but it was comfortable and silent unlike the cafeteria where everyone is really noisy and all. I saw most of the members were already there along with Ahri? Wait, what is she doing here? And she’s by Lay hyung huh? Love is in the air…

“Guys we’re here!” Chanyeol hyung screamed as he hopped over to Baekhyun hyung and Chen hyung. That beagle trio is dangerous.

“Is everyone here already? Ok the reason that all of us had gathered here today is because Luhan hyung have to tell us something. Hyung?” Suho hyung said as the leader role I just went by Sehun and sat down on the bench.

“Ok… This is so awkward! I don’t know what to say!” he said as he scratched his head in a cute manner. This is our “manly” hyung. Where is he manly in that face and height of his? (A/N – Luhan isn’t that short but still XD)

“Ok I’ll just get straight to the point. I broke up with Chohee,” he said and paused after that seeing all of us being surprised. I thought he would never break up with her. I guess he did after all. I wonder who broke it off first. I bet on my hyung though. I’m guessing someone else had already been messing with his heart and mind. I sensed that someone was looking at me and it turned out to be my best friend Sehun. I’m thinking he have the same thought as me.

I guess I’m glad that my sister made my hyung fall for her? She might not like him back considering how that jerk had moved here. But if she gives him a chance it would be a good ending for both. I have more trust in my hyungs than some other guy out there for my sister. She deserves the best. And I’m also guessing Ahri and Lay hyung will get together soon too. Too many couples. Eww.

“YAS! MY HYUNG BROKE UP WITH HER! YAY FOR YOU LUHAN HYUNG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! MUAH!” Oh Sehun was the first to react loudly as the others started to cheer too.  But did he actually have to throw Luhan hyung a kiss? Even the nice Lay hyung didn’t like her at all. 

“Gay,” I muttered under my breath and Kyungsoo hyung heard me and laughed. I grinned at him and placed my index finger on my lip telling him not to say a word. Satan hyung agreed with me and just nodded with that smile on his face.

“Guys! I’m not finish yet…” Luhan hyung said as he continued to say something under his breath. I couldn’t hear him at all but I heard some glimpses of “I found someone else and love her” or something like that.

“Hyung I can’t hear you! Speak up!” I heard Baekhyun hyung whined to him. Still Luhan hyung was still mumbling and we still can’t hear him at all.

“LUHAN HYUNG I THOUGHT YOU WERE A MANLY MAN! JUST SPEAK UP! GOSH YOU’RE LIKE A GIRL CRUSHING ON SOMEONE!” Kris hyung yelled out in frustrations and glared at Luhan hyung.

“I LIKE MINYOUNG! THERE I SAID IT!” Luhan hyung finally yelled out loud as some of the members were in shock as Sehun and I smirked.

 

***

Author’s Note – HELLOOOO! A chapter before school begins next week? XD I might update if I can but no promises. Bye!