Chapter 29

My Secret Crush

Minyoung’s POV

 

At school today Dae oppa was in one of my classes and he had to sit right behind me and Luhan. He said that he’s going to court me all over again and get my heart once again. I don’t even know if he still has my heart or not. All I know it’s that it’s going to be so much trouble in the future.

“-young-ah!” I heard someone called me as I saw Luhan’s hand shaking right in front of my face. Yup, he has been over to my house every single day after school to get Science lesson from me. It never hurts me to help others. I could learn along the way too and get revision for the future tests. It’s even helping my grade go up more than ever.

“Sorry Luhan what were you saying again?” I asked him and felt really guilty. He was trying really hard while I was thinking about my ex. I saw him sighed and looked at me.

“Minyoung-ah are you ok? Is it because of Daehyun?” I looked up and saw Luhan’s worried face. Of course, everyone probably knows everything now. With what I said back in Busan and our commotion at the cafeteria today everyone probably knew what happened to me before. A pathetic girl got dumped over a letter and now he wants her back.

“To be honest, I’m not ok at all. Dae oppa, he was my first love and my first heartbreak. He was a very important person in my life. His smiles used to always make my mood brighter now just by seeing him I just have tears in my eyes. What do I do Luhan?” I cried out to him.

Luhan became very quiet. He didn’t even have eye contact with me. A few minutes passed by just like that. Finally, he looked up at me with eyes full of sorrow.

“I think you need to clear your mind first before you do anything. I’ll be here to help. Ok how about we go hang out this Saturday? What do you say? As a friend I should at least be helping you right?” he gave me a smile but it doesn’t seem to reach his eyes like it would normally would. Is something wrong with Luhan?

“Thank you Luhan,” I said as I scouted closer to him and gave him a hug. That’s what I do in order to show my gratitude. I felt him stiffen under my touch but relax a few seconds later. Luhan hugged me back and patted my head and I felt comfortable in his arms. It feel like I was safe and no one could harm me in anyway.

We both stayed like that for a few minutes before we heard a knock on my door. Luhan let go of me and I felt kind of empty without his warmth but then what can I do?

“Who is it?” I asked. I was kind of annoyed that whoever on the other side of the door ruined my moment with Luhan. Wait, did I just say moment? I didn’t mean that!

“It’s me your Hunnie oppa,” even before he finish his sentence Sehun oppa opened the door and gave me a smile and came into my room. “Hello Hannie hyung!” he also greeted Luhan cheerfully. Luhan replied with a short nod with a small smile. Why is he acting so different?

“Why are you here though oppa?” I turned to Sehun oppa and asked him the question. I saw him frown before he decided to cling onto my arm.

“Did Minyoungie did not miss her Hunnie oppa? You broke my heart baby girl,” he fake sobbed into my arm. I giggled a bit. Finally, it was nice to laugh after a sad day.

“Don’t over react oppa,” I said to him and nudged his forehead with my finger and pushed it away from my arm. He pouted at me while Luhan and I laughed at his so rejected face.

“Just kidding, come here oppa,” I said to him as I hugged him for a few seconds and let him go. “Now don’t disturb us working. Go annoy Kai oppa or something,” I said to him as he nodded like a child and rushed back out probably doing what I said.

I turned back to Luhan with a smile on my face. “Let’s continue. Which part was it again?”

 

---- 1 hour passed ----

 

“Finally! Thank you Minyoung for teaching me! I would have been totally failing that test and might have to repeat this year again because I had failed this subject!” Luhan said excitedly as he hugged me. “Thank you, really!”

“Anything for a close friend,” I said to him with a smile. Is it just me or his smile seems to have gotten smaller after I said that. Did I say something wrong? I just called him a close friend of mine. Well, how can I not become close to him when I see him every day after school?

“Thank you! Really! Good night, I need to be back home before its 8,” he said and patted my head before he left. My hand slowly went up to part where Luhan patted my head.

Why is my heart fluttering because of this?

 

***

 

Luhan’s POV

 

Today was somehow a tough day. Minyoung’s ex had come back and now he’s going to court her once again. I don’t know but my heart ache thinking about how much she had cried because of him. What if she actually went back to him? What if that guy is just pretending and hurt Minyoung later? What if. WHAT IF!

 

Why am I so worried for her? She isn’t that important to me is she? After all she is just a friend of mine.

 

Pft! Yeah just a friend. Keep saying that and some other guy will snatch her away from you.

 

What am I supposed to do then? She doesn’t see me more than a friend. We aren’t even that close.

 

That’s your reason? Fine, just stay in the sidelines and watch she be with another. Just remember you choose to not be the guy she is going to be with.

 

That night I couldn’t sleep well. With all the thoughts running around in my mind, I felt like I could die. It was so suffocating. Fine, I admit it that I do like Minyoung. But will she even choose me over her ex? She could even still be in love with. I don’t know how she feels.

Even though I know I’m going to hurt, I’ll help her. I guess even if she didn’t choose me, I’ll find someone else for sure. I mean she isn’t the only girl in the whole right?

I kept insisting myself that I’ll be fine with having Minyoung only as a friend but is it really what I feel? Will I be fine with the fact that she will be in the arms of another man? Someone who will hold her at night and be the first thing she will see in the morning. Is that really okay for me?

Morning was dreadful as I couldn’t even get off my bed. I was so tired from not sleeping at night. Thoughts about Minyoung kept me up all night. Imagining that some other guy will be with her, hurts me. If only I wasn’t just ONLY a FRIEND to her.

I have to do something about Chohee too. I can’t just keep dating her when my heart is already with some other girl. But she will be really mad. I didn’t even love her a lot. I admit that, but what about her? She said she love me. I don’t want to break someone’s heart just like that.

I went to school like that. With a heavy I decided to text Chohee. I need to really break it off with her. I can’t keep going on like this. I don’t want to break her heart sooner or later. It would be the best for it to finish right now.

 

 

To: Chohee Babe <3

Can you come to the school rooftop?

I have something to say to you

 

From Chohee Babe <3

Sure oppa

See you there <3

Muah!

 

Yes, I will really break it off with her. I can’t just stop at last minute. I don’t want to hurt another innocent being. She doesn’t deserve to be with someone who doesn’t even have the slightest feelings for her all.

The rooftop was my destination when I got to school. I want this to be over and done with by today. I waited patiently for Chohee to arrive. Today was a beautiful day indeed. The sun is shining brightly and everyone seems to be so happy. Yet there’s me, going to break up on this beautiful day.

“Good morning oppa,” Chohee said with a smile on her face as she leaned in for a kiss. I turned my head around so her lips landed on my cheek instead. Chohee pulled back and looked confused for a moment.

“Oppa, what’s wrong,” she asked. I took a step back from her and faced her with a blank face. I have to do this!

“Chohee,” I started, “I think we should break up.”

Her face seems so surprised from all this and suddenly she looked down and let out a small laugh. Why is she laughing?

“I guess in the end I’m just another person in the story too huh? This isn’t the first time but why does it hurt so much?” she laughed once again and wiped her tears that were falling from her eyes.

“I’ve notice how you look at her Luhan oppa. It’s very different from how you look at me. At first I thought that I saw it wrong but as time pass, I notice that you no longer care for me. You don’t even reply to my messages! God damn it! Why does it have to be her?! Why is it always her?! Why is it Minyoung that you’re breaking up with me for?!” Chohee screamed at me. I was surprised by her outburst. He wasn’t expecting this.

“MINYOUNG THIS! MINYOUNG THAT! THAT’S WHAT EVERYONE THINKS OF! WHAT DOES SHE HAVE?” Chohee started to scream and cried very loudly that I started to feel really confuse. What does Minyoung had to do with Chohee in the past?

“What are you talking about Chohee? Did you know Minyoung before?” I asked her carefully. I have no idea about what could have happen to her before but knowing by the way how Chohee is acting now, I doubt that something DID happened.

“Nothing, you don’t even understand me. She is a big enemy of mine. Everything I own she takes it away from me. Everyone loves her so much. I always get compared to her. As if I wasn’t worth it to be living in this world,” she said bitterly with her eyes filled with tears.

“You’re even breaking up with me now because you have already fallen for her. This just proves my point. I always end up being the second choice,” Chohee continued on. I was just standing there totally confused and have no idea what she was talking about.

“So you want a break up? Sure, let’s break up. It’s not like I really loved you anyways. I only used you for the money I get. Thanks for the beautiful things you bought me,” Chohee said with a smirk and wiped her tears away and waved at me.

I was dumbstruck. She used me? She only dated me for my money? What was this all about? Nearly two years of our relationship, was it even love? I did love her at the beginning. My feelings just started to be fall out of love. Is it my fault?

For now, I’m sure I truly love Minyoung. She is the one that makes my heart beat. I don’t think any other girl would be better than her in anyways. I do have to tell my members. I just hope Kai will agree to my plan of courting his sister. He is a very protective brother and then there’s a brat called Oh Sehun. I wish he would stop doing skin ship with her.

One last thing: how will I get her to move on from her ex who is currently back to make her his again. How to make her fall in love with ME?

For now, the fact that I like her will be a secret. She is officially my secret crush.

 

***

Author's Note - I'm thinking about ending the story before my summer break is over. Finally my first fanfiction will be done after two years!! Sorry if my writing so much I made you lose your brain XD Thank you so much for the people who had stayed and read this story that I just came up with without much thought ^^ Love you guys XXXXXXX