Chapter 17

My Secret Crush

Minyoung’s POV

 

Time has pass so quickly; it’s already winter now. I’m just sitting here reading a book and it was snowing outside. I was amazed by the beauty. This is the first snow of this season. Anytime soon, it will be Christmas soon. I need to go shopping too for the presents I have to give out to people.

I continued to read, it was a pretty nice day. The school currently gives us a break because we have our finals before winter break and we need the time to study. Well I’m already done with my studies for today so I just decided to read. It’s always the best way to let the time go by fast.

Having hot chocolate with marshmallows and read a book in your warm and cozy room is the best option to do during winter. I don’t have any plans for today anyways. Winter has always been my favorite season. I don’t mind the cold; in fact I love it. The way how everyone is bundle up looking cute as hell. Plus this is the time when I can buy the oversized clothes to make me all warm.

“Minyoungie your Hunnie oppa is here!” This is how my perfect calm day was ruined when one and only Oh Sehun has rushed into my room and jumped on my bed like a kid. When will he ever grow up?

“So what you do you want? I’m reading here.” I said as I marked the place I was in the book. I knew I won’t be able to touch that book as long as the cute idiot in front of me is here in the same house. He probably has something planned out too.

“I just missed you! Wanna go Christmas shopping with me? I mean we both still need to buy presents for the others.” He said with that eye smile of his. I rolled my eyes at him but knew he was right. I still need to buy some stuff for my close family and friends.

“Sure I’ll go change. Wait for me downstairs,” I said as I went to get some comfortable and warm clothes. I chose some lavender sweater with some black jeans, and of course not forgetting my beanie, scarf and an extra one in case it gets colder. I quickly changed, grabbed my charged phone and went down since I especially don’t want to hear any whining from the elder. Knowing he will make me buy him something if I ever made him wait for a long time. That diva.

I knew it! He was playing with another idiot who was related to me. I wore my sneakers and waited for them to finish whatever game they were playing. Well it’s better for me not to interrupt them. I have no idea why boys are so obsessed with video games. It’s such a waste of time.

Finally after a while they finished, and with Kai oppa’s cheering I know that he won. “I hate you hyung! You were supposed to go easy on me,” Sehun said in a sad voice not wanting to accept his defeat.

“Minyoungie!” Finally he noticed me. “How long have you been there? Wait that doesn’t matter let’s go!” Before Kai oppa could even speak, Sehun dragged me out of the house after quickly yelling to umma that he’s taking me out to shop for Christmas.

We left the house immediately and of course waited for my brother since we both knew that if we went off without him, we would literally be dead by the time we came back home.

“Yah Oh Sehun, who said that you could just grab my sister and went off?” That was the first thing my brother said as soon as he got in Sehun’s car and of course not forgetting to smack the head of the younger male.

“Hyung why are you such a meanie to me?” Sehun oppa pouted. “You act as if I’m going to kidnap her and devour her alive.” Kai oppa hit him on the head not so gently as all. “You act like you would actually do that.” he answered simply and shortly.

“I do not hyung! How can you not trust me? I’m your best friend and one and only little brother!” Sehun oppa placed his hand on his on his heart as he made a dramatic move with his other hand on his forehead acting as if he was about to faint like one of the people in the drama do. Why do I even know these two childish people in the first place? That’s right; l one of them is my brother by blood while the other one is his best friend.

“Whatever. I know we are supposed to go Christmas shopping now so let’s go. I don’t want to waste any more time. I have an anime to watch later.” Kai oppa said as he motion Sehun oppa to start the car.

Sehun oppa started his car and drove us to the nearest mall. We got out and apparently Sehun oppa dragged my away from my brother who is literally going to kill him later. He told me to put my phone on silent so I won’t notice it when my brother calls me. Just great, now he’s also dragging me into the mess he just created. Wow what a nice close friend I have here. And of course he did the same to his phone too. We both are meant to get kill. God please save me from these idiots.

“So Minyoungie what are you going to buy for your brother? I got you out from him so you can buy his gift properly.” Sehun oppa give me an eye smile. Wow this guy is quite smart. Ignore all those things I said about him. He’s a freaking genius!

“Oppa you’re a freaking genius! I love you so much to the sun and back!” I jumped up on him and hugged him tightly. I released him right after a few seconds. “What about you oppa; what do you want for Christmas? I’ll buy you anything you want.” I said with a big smile on my face. My oppa deserve this!

“Anything you want to give me. Maybe you can buy me new sneakers? My old ones are getting old.” He said with a pout on his face. How can someone with this height be so childish? He’s like a 5 year old in a body of a 19 year old person.

“Sure so you want them now? Let’s go!” I dragged him to the part where they sell the sneakers, shoes, heels, and other kinds of footwear. I sat down on a couch as he searched for what he wanted. It was only a while when I heard him calling for me.

“What is it oppa?” I asked him. “Can you help me search one too? I’m totally lost here.” He said like a kid.

“Sure,” I replied as I pinch his cheeks while tiptoeing. Blame him for being tall. It’s not my fault that I’m a midget.

It was a long time before he finally settled with a white sneaker. It was pretty I wanted one too so I asked a worker there. Plus Sehun suggested us to have “best friend things together.” I got to admit, he is my best guy friend.

“Excuse me but do you have a 220 mm size for that shoe that he’s holding over there?” I pointed at Sehun oppa to tell her what shoe I want. She smiled at me.

“Of course miss. Let me go get it for you. Please wait for me.” she said as she bowed to me and walked away. I waited for her there and she returned about three minutes later with the shoe I want in my hands.

“Here you go miss. You and your boyfriend look very compatible together. I wish you two luck,” she said with a smile on her face while she gesture at Sehun oppa saying it was him. I was just about to say that we are only friends when I felt someone put his arms on my shoulder.

“Of course miss. Thank you for complimenting us,” it was no other than Oh Sehun. He had a cheeky grin on his face as he said it. The lady bowed at once more and wishes us luck.

After she left I immediately pinched his sides and hissed at him. “You’re kidding me? I’m not your girlfriend. Wait till I tell this to Kai oppa,” I threatened him. Blood from his face rushed down as it was paler than usual. I laughed when I saw that face.

“I’m just kidding oppa. I won’t do it fearing for your life but well never do that again.” I said with a grin on my face happy that I had tricked him.

“Minyoungie!” he whined. “How could you do this to me? I thought you were really going to tell hyung for real!” I just started to laugh at him on how he was so scared of my oppa. Wow found a new way to threatened him for other things. Yes, I know I’m evil.

“Let’s just go pay these at the cashier,” I said. I brought my card out to pay for our sneakers that we bought but then Sehun oppa took his card out and give it to the cashier before I could even raise my card toward her.

“What are you doing oppa? This was supposed to be your Christmas gift.” I said not sure what’s on his mind again.

“Nah I’m just kidding about you having to buy me a sneaker. Plus this is a good prank for hyung when he sees us both wearing this to school right? The look on his face would be priceless. By the way, the guys and I are planning to go to Busan during Christmas want to come along? You can bring Ahri too knowing you won’t be able to last long with us. Or is it vice versa?”

“Since Kai oppa is going of course I have to go too. You think he’ll leave me alone before he goes on a trip. I swear he is worse than an overly clingy boyfriend.” I snorted at the thought of my brother. I love him, yes I do but then I don’t really love the fact that he is very protective. I know he cares but sometimes it goes a little overboard. I remembered once when we were still young, a girl made me cry by stealing my toy away, oppa who was only a year older than me, scolded that girl until she cried uncontrollable. Now that I think of it, the memory made me laughed. It was really funny.

“Yah Kim Minyoung, don’t ignore me!” I heard Sehun oppa whined and it brought me back to reality. I laughed at how childish he sounded. Then I heard my stomach growled. Sehun oppa gave me a look saying “You’re hungry already?”

I pouted at him, “Oppa can we go eat now? I’m so hungry and we need to eat lunch or it’ll be bad for our body.” I tugged on his arm like how a child would do to his mom to whine to get something.

“Anything for our Minyoungie,” he cooed and pinched my cheeks. I made a face at him. He didn’t need to pinch my cheeks. He stuck out his tongue at me like the kid he is at heart. Nah this is as important as I need to eat.

We walked to the restaurant at the mall and sat down. The waiter came to us with the menus.

“What do you want to eat Minyoungie?” he said. I was still skimming through the menus when I saw something that makes me want to drool.

“Can I have an order or spicy fried rice with chicken? Large please.” I smiled at the waiter who look baffled at what I ordered. I know I’m a pig considering on how “small” I look. “And coke please too.” I said

“I’ll have a roll of kimbap, kimchi fried rice and water please.” Sehun oppa ordered. The waiter left after he bowed at us as we waited patiently for the food. Well not me but Sehun oppa. How can he be so patient when it comes to food? I mean it’s food for god’s sake!!

“Don’t you think we should check our phone now? I mean Kai oppa might get really worried or angry.” I said worriedly knowing how my brother can be. Sometimes I get scared of him too. He’s just scary, sometimes.

“You think so? I mean we still haven’t bought him his gift yet. Dang how could we forget the most important reason why we ditched him in the first place. I was just too excited to annoy him I just forgot.” Sehun oppa slapped his forehead. I giggled at how his face looked so frustrated.

“I’ll check my messages first oppa. Then let’s say if we should reply or not.” I said as I fished out my phone from my pocket.

 

 

From Kai Oppa:

Minyoungie where did you guys go to?

It’s that stupid bubble tea addict guy right?

I’ll kill him later so answer now.

 

From Kai Oppa:

Why aren’t you answering your oppa?

TT-TT

I hate you guys so much

How can you two leave me all alone?

 

From Kai Oppa:

Fine ignore me all you want.

I got some company now.

Well 10 more guys is some company I got.

EXO is here too.

 

 

I look up to Sehun oppa and said, “Kai oppa said the other EXO members are here too. I think we should text back. I mean he wouldn’t kill you with Suho oppa around, I hope.” I whispered the last words. Thank god he didn’t hear it.

“Sure text hyung and tell them to come here. I bet they’re already hungry as hell; knowing those eleven pigs. We can just buy his present later.” I snickered at the maknae’s disrespectful words. I mean he is one of a kind maknae not calling some of his hyungs, hyung. Well I don’t call oppa, oppa sometimes so that’s fine.

 

 

To Kai Oppa:

Oppa come to the restaurant on the fourth floor.

 It’s the one nearest to the escalator.

Me and Sehun oppa are eating here.

Come quick!

 

 

I closed my phone after I sent that text to oppa. Fortunately the food has finally arrived to us. YAY FOOD IS HERE!

After setting down our food the waiter went away as Sehun oppa and I started to dig in our food. I begged him with aegyo to have some of his kimbap. I mean its food; I’ll do anything for it. (Same here XD)

It was quiet because both Sehun oppa and I were focused on eating when suddenly someone hit Sehun oppa on his head that he choked on his food. I quickly handed him his water as he gulped it down and turn his head back to glare at whoever it was. But his glaze soften when he notice a monster glaring back at him. It was none other than my brother with EXO behind him.

 

***

Kai’s POV

 

I was now alone after getting ditched by my sister and my best friend. Wow such nice people I came with. After sending a few messages to Minyoung but getting now replies, I gave up and just started to walk around the mall on my own.

I found a bubble tea store and bought some chocolate bubble tea for my lonely self. I sipped on it as I walk around some more. I saw a pretty cool store with some snap backs and t-shirts so I went in and started to shop for myself. #LonelyAsHell

“KAI-AH!” I heard someone call me as I looked back and saw my hyungs were all there. What were they doing all together? I waved back at them while jogged to them quickly.

“Kai what are you doing here all alone?” I heard our mom, Suho hyung said. I made a crying face as I told them about getting ditched by Sehun and Minyoung. They just laughed at my pitiful self. I’m never going to get out of this lonely life am I?

“Since we are all here now let’s just shop till we drop. We can find those two maknaes later,” Kris hyung suggested. That’s a pretty good idea. At least I’m not alone anymore. Plus with the hyungs I can have someone to tease and make fun of at least.

The eleven of us had fun shopping all together. It’s been a long time since we bond and stuff even though I know we are going on a trip during Christmas altogether, it’s been so long. Then I felt my phone vibrate in my jacket.

 

From Cutie Minyoungie:

Oppa come to the restaurant on the fourth floor.

 It’s the one nearest to the escalator.

Me and Sehun oppa are eating here.

Come quick!

 

After reading the message I told the hyungs that we need to go to the fourth floor, the restaurant where the two idiots that ditched me are. They also agree since they said that they were also hungry.

We arrived at the restaurant when we saw Minyoung and Sehun eating like no tomorrow. I walked up to them quickly and smacked Sehun on the back of his head. He of course choked and Minyoung handed him some water immediately. He gulped the water down and turned around and glared at us but then he lost his glare immediately when he noticed it was us.

 

***

Author’s Note – Long time no update ^^ Hello guys! Did you enjoy the chapter? I’ll update more since I’m on break of the school! WAHH I feel so good that I don’t have to wake up early anymore. Yay for me! Have a nice holiday guys <3