Chapter 27

My Secret Crush

Minyoung’s POV

 

The next morning I woke up early once again with a heavy heart. Is something really bad going to happen today? I have this instinct that something will. I should never doubt my instincts. Maybe I will.

Just when I was about to get out my bed oppa came into my room. “Rise and shine Kim Minyoung! Now get your little up and get ready for school. Mom almost has our breakfast ready!” He said with a smile on his face.

“Morning oppa,” I said to him. Kai oppa’s eyebrows furrowed.

“What’s wrong?” he said as he sat on my bed next to me. I guess he sensed that I having some kind of bad mood.

“I don’t know oppa. I have a feeling like someone bad is going to happen today. My instincts are telling me something and I know I just can’t ignore it. What if something really does happen today?” I said as I side hugged my brother as he patted my head. I snuggled into his shoulder as I took in a deep breath.

“Minyoungie no matter what is going to happen today, I promise I will protect you from it. Nothing will happen to you ok? Your oppa is here. Now go wash up, we don’t want to be late to school do we?” Kai oppa said as he ruffled my hair. I smiled at him and took my arms away from his waist.

“Thanks oppa, you’re the best brother that I could ever ask for,” I said. He chuckled at my words. I know that I rarely show my love towards him. It’s just so fun to see my oppa being protective towards me.

“Aren’t I the only brother that you have?” he said but I shook my head no. “There’s Mingyu oppa, Taehyung oppa, Jin oppa, Himchan oppa, and–”

“Ok fine! But they are only your cousins! I’m the only blood brother that you have,” Kai oppa said as he blew on his bangs.

“Just kidding oppa! I love you!” I said as I made a big heart with my arms and grinned at him before going in my bathroom to take a quick shower.

After I finished showering, I quickly changed into my school uniform as I feel that it’s a bit hot today as I started to put my hair up in a high ponytail first. Then I twisted it into a small bun. I pull out a bit of my bangs from the side as the final touchup. I check myself in the mirror as I think I look presentable.

Grabbing my bag and my phone I ran down the stairs and greeted my parents good morning. I sat on my usual seat and started to eat my waffles with wiped cream on top.

“Minyoungie slow down. The food won’t run away from you,” dad said as he let out a chuckle. I grinned at him and posed a peace sign and went back to my beloved food. It tastes so good!

I gulped down my orange juice after I finished my waffles and wiped my lips with my napkin. I look at my brother who was still eating and not even half way done yet.

“Oppa, hurry up! We don’t want to be late for school, do we?” I rushed oppa as he nearly choked on my words. He gulped down his food as he glared at me.

“It’s not my fault that you’re a food monster who finishes her food faster than anyone else. I still can’t believe why you’re thin,” he shook his head. I grinned at him.

“Be done when I come back down oppa. For now I’m going to go brush my teeth,” I said as I went up to my bathroom and started to brush my teeth. It only took me a few minutes before I started to go back down as I sense that my brother was already done since he was putting on his favorite black sneakers.

“Let’s go Minyoung-ah!” he said as he grabbed my bag and went outside as I quickly put on my sneakers and followed oppa. 

“Wait for me!” I yelled as he was already ahead. Kai oppa stopped and turn back at me as he make the quickly gesture with his hands. I ran to catch up with him as he waited for me.

I finally reached him as we started to walk toward our school. It wasn’t that far away so we usually walk but when one of our parents felt like driving us, we go with them too. The fact that we live near is always the best thing when we wake up late; you don’t have to rush that much unless you are seriously late.

We both arrived at school and oppa handed me my school bag. I grinned at him in thanks.

“Thanks oppa, see you later!” I said to him as I waved bye and walked to my locker. As I was walking, I heard some of the other students saying that there was a new student. The girls were squealing confirming about my theory of the new student being a boy.

“Did you guys see the new student?”

“I did! Oh my gosh he’s just so hot!”

“Hope he is single, maybe I’ll finally get a boyfriend.”

“Are you crazy? There is no way for him to look our way.”

“Yeah, we are just going to be stuck with one sided love forever.”

I laughed at their conversation. The confidence level from went from 100% to minus 10000000 very quick. Well I don’t think the new student will be that good looking compared to EXO. My brother and the other oppas totally rule this school. I don’t really think this mere new student will be strong enough to take away their title.

Finally, I got to my locker as I took out the books I needed for that day. Today is a light day as my schedule doesn’t really includes the major classes. Guess, luck is on my side today. I should go spend my time in the library when I have the study hall block.

“Minyoung-ah!” I heard my best friend screamed to me. I was just about to turn around when she pulled me in for a tight hug.

“I miss you so much!” she exclaimed. I laughed and patted her back as she finally pulled away from the hug after a few more seconds.

“You saw me yesterday,” I said and laugh. My best friend sure is the queen of exaggeration. But then sometimes her exaggeration saves her too so I guess it’s a good plus a bad thing.

“But there’s nothing wrong with missing my best friend. Let’s go to the mall after school today. I feel like shopping,” she said with a big smile.

“How can I say no to my one and only best friend?” I teased as Ahri jumped in joy. I can’t say she’s childish because I’m the same as her too. Well, that’s why we are best friends in the first place anyways. We are alike in almost anything.

“Bye for now first block is almost starting!” Ahri said as she hugged me for one more last time as she dashed to her first class. I chuckle at her childishness. My best friend is very cute and I won’t be surprise when someone asked her out.

 “Minyoung-ah! Wait!” someone yelled as I turned around and saw Luhan. I put on my poker face and nodded at him.

“Good morning,” he greeted me as he caught up by my side. “And I want to say sorry for yesterday. I didn’t really mean to compare you with her. I’m sorry. I know you guys past yet I brought that up and hurt your feelings too. I would happily agree with anything you say. Even if you want to stop being my fri-”

“Good morning to you too. Luhan let’s just forget that ever happen ok? We just started to be good friends and I don’t want something that stupid to ruin it,” I said to him. He grinned at me happily and said “thank you” over and over again. Then we walked to our first class together. Since his girlfriend is also in that class he sat next to her as I went to sit at my usual place.

The teacher hasn’t arrived yet so the students were noisy as always. Today’s topic seem like it’s on the new student. All the girls were talking about him while the boys seemed like they’re annoyed by the girls. I’m on the boys’ side. How can all these girls talk for that long about just one boy?

“It’s a pity that he is not in our first class. I thought I would see him here,” one girl said as sadness was evident in her voice.

“Don’t worry girl, you can see him at lunch! We all can!” Another girl replied to the first girl as all of them started squealing. Can’t they just shut up?

Finally the teacher entered the classroom as all the students immediately became so quiet that you could hear a pin drop

“I guess all of you heard about the new transfer student. Well, bad for you guys since he won’t be here right now. But let’s throw the news about the new student out the window for a while as you guys have the final exams coming up. We all have no time to lose. Chop, chop,” the teacher said as the students groaned.

 

LUNCH TIME

 

I walked out of the classroom I was in since it was time for lunch. I was going to meet Ahri at my locker since our lockers were right next to each other. Then we will go to the cafeteria as we will meet EXO there to have lunch together as always.

This has been the routine ever since the school found out about me. Everyone was now used to the fact that I was oppa’s sister that none of the girls really bothered me now. Even Chohee stopped, well she had to though. I don’t really know why she bullied me before. Her apology that day doesn’t even feel sincere at all.

I got to my locker as I set my bag and books in. I’m not going to carry all these to the cafeteria. I usually just come back here early and go to class. It’s not much work either since my locker is near the cafeteria anyways. I waited for Ahri since I was a bit early.

Why is she late? I just waited patiently and finally she arrived. Ahri placed her books and bags into her locker too since we have the same class after lunch.

“Let’s go girl! I’m so hungry I can eat a thousand cows,” she said as she slung her arms around my shoulder and started to pull me to the cafeteria. I laughed at how she had to tip toe a bit since I was slightly taller than her.

“Minyoung-ah, Ahri-ah!” I heard Baekhyun oppa screamed to us. We both waved back and went to sit down at the table. Usually Ahri and I will go buy lunch, but since the time we got close to EXO they usually have our lunch ready in case we arrive late and are starving already.

“Thank you oppas!” we said as we sat down on our usual seat and started to eat our lunch. It was another typical day as Chen, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol oppa were gossiping. I can’t believe they’re boys. Xiumin oppa was being quiet as usual as he nibbles on his precious buns.

I turn around to slap Sehun oppa on the shoulder as a greeting.

“OW! Minyoung-ah, why are you so abusive? I thought you loved me,” Oh Sehun whined as he is another person who is a brat. Well, he IS the youngest and the hyungs probably spoiled him a lot.

“Nah I never said I love you,” I teased as I stuck out my tongue. He pouted at me with that cute puppy face of his.

“Aigoo, why are you so cute oppa?” I coed as I squish his face between my hands making his face look so weird.

“Et or ands of (Get your hands off,” he said as I laughed at him and took my hands off his face.

“Thanks for the food! I’ll eat well!” I said to no one as I started to eat my precious lunch that gives me enough energy for the rest of the day. I finish my lunch quickly as always but then I notice that whoever bought my lunch forgot my strawberry shake.

“Aish!” I said to myself.

“Kai oppa do you have any money? I need to buy my strawberry shake,” I said to him as he handed me his wallet without a word since he was busy talking to D.O oppa. I said thanks to him quietly as I got up.

I turn around from the table as I saw someone that I wasn’t totally expecting.

“Babe I miss you so much!” he said as he pulled me in for a hug. I was too shock to say anything as everyone was staring at us.

 

HE’S BACK?

 

***

 

Author’s Note – Sorry for the short chapter T^T Please read Chapter 24. It's a new chapter while editing the whole thing. Yes I've finish editing the whole thing. Thanks you <3