Chapter 28

My Secret Crush

Luhan’s POV

 

It was lunch time as Chohee asked for me to eat with her yet I turn her down again. It has been like this for the past two weeks or so. My girlfriend doesn’t even seem like my girlfriend anymore. I feel like I’m doing something wrong just by being with her. I don’t know anymore. I think I should break up with her soon before I will actually break her heart into pieces.

Minyoung and Ahri arrived and started to eat. It’s been a routine of one of us buying lunch for those two ladies in our group. Of course Minyoung being herself slapped Sehun on his shoulder. I stifled a laugh as he whined at her while she squished his face between his face. Sehun looks like a chipmunk back then.

She then asked for Kai’s wallet as he gave it to her without any other word since he was busy talking to D.O I guess. Their sibling bond might also have to do something with this too. The fact that he just gave his wallet without even talking back to her is just wow. As she turned around she bumped into someone.

“Babe I missed you so much!” The guy said as he had a bright smile on his face as he hugged Minyoung tightly as if he was never going to let her go. Who is he? I’ve never seen him before. I’m sure he’s not her cousin because they don’t look alike plus Minyoung seem to be happy to meet him.

I was just about to ask when Kai got up as he pulled Minyoung away from the guy and glared at him.

“What are you doing here?” he angrily said. The guy only smiled.

“I’m just greeting my girlfriend. Is there anything wrong with that?” he said.

“She is not your girlfriend! You left her three years ago without a goodbye or anything. Do you expect her to crawl back into your arms? I’m not going to let her go back to the that broke my sister’s heart!” Kai screamed at the guy who looks surprised.

“I did not leave her! We haven’t even broken up yet. Minyoung-ah, have you already moved on from me?” he asked Minyoung. She looks like she’s going to cry. Her shoulders were shaking. She took a step in front of Kai to face the guy.

“Yes. Three years is enough to get over my first love. Just go back to wherever you came from Daehyun. We haven’t broken up officially you say? What was that “Let’s break up” on that letter you send me? Fine it’s that’s not an official thing I’ll say it right here, I want to break up with you now. Just go away and never come back into my life. You were gone from my heart the day you left me!” Minyoung exclaimed as she ran away.

Kai kept glaring at the Daehyun guy. “See what you did to her? I swear if you show your face one more time in front of us, I’ll kill you with my own fists.” Kai gave him one last glare as he chased after Minyoung.

The Daehyun guy was only left as Sehun stood up to him and gave him a hard punch on his face. Ahri hugged Sehun from the back pulling him away from the Daehyun guy.

“That’s what you get for hurting our Minyoung. You don’t even know how much she suffered because of you! How did you even have the guts to come back and show your ugly face to us? She was just starting to be happy!” Sehun cried out to him as he went out with Ahri following fast behind him.

So that’s the infamous Daehyun. He was the one that broke Minyoung’s heart. I stared at the guy. He’s just average looking so how the hell did he have Minyoung’s fragile heart that he didn’t deserve at all? I immediately got up where the Daehyun guy was still there with the other members that are starting to surround him.

“So you’re the guy that broke our Minyoungie’s heart. I can’t believe you decided to show up after all!” Baekhyun being one of the closer members with Minyoung started to yell at Daehyun. I just stared at the guy, more like glared.

“Who are you guys? Why are you calling her “our” Minyoungie? From what I remember she belongs to me,” he said glaring at each and every one of us here.

“Well, too bad . You left her and now she’s our precious little sister. If you ever decide that you want her back you’re not going to get her easily. You have to go through 12 guys including her brother and her best friend. To cut it short, you’re never ever going to get her back? You know why? Because we will never allow someone fragile like Minyoung to go back to a jerk like you!”

Suho and Lay had to hold Baekhyun back because he was getting really mad. Chanyeol was trying to calm his best friend. If Suho or Lay ever lets Baekhyun go, Daehyun is dead for sure.

“Just go away from her life! No matter what you do she will never go back to you!”

Daehyun left us with a sigh. He seems really sad. Why is he back though? I thought it has been a while since they broke up. For sure it wasn’t something that happen one year ago or something because if it was there’s no way Minyoung would be in the condition she is now. Kai had said it took a long time for her to get back in track.

This probably means they dated a few years ago? Most of us are 19 now so he probably dated her when she was 15 or above. I cringed when I thought about a 15 year old Minyoung locking herself in her room crying her eyes out day after day because her first love dumped her.

 

One thing for sure, he will never get Minyoung.

 

***
 

Minyoung’s POV

 

I ran toward the rooftop of the school crying. I can’t believe he’s back. After three years, he’s back. For me…

“Minyoung-ah!” I heard someone yelled from behind me. Fully knowing that it’s my brother I didn’t say anything. I just kept crying. Why is he back? Just why? Haven’t he torture me enough?

“Minyoung-ah,” I heard Kai oppa whispered behind me. I turned around toward him and rush into his arms hugging him right and buried my face into his chest.

“Why did he come back oppa? Why now? He said he wants me back. What should I do oppa?” I said as I kept on crying. I heard Kai oppa sighed as he hugged me back with one hand patting my heard constantly.

“Listen to me Minyoung-ah. Do you still love him? Like really? Even though I hate him to death, you know I’ll do anything you want right? If he really wants you back and you still do love him, I’ll be ok with you going back to him. But, Minyoung-ah this is an important decision to make. Do you still love him like you did three years ago?” Oppa said softly.

“No hyung, I’m not allowing Minyoung to go back to that . He ing broke her heart into a million pieces. Sorry but if you go back to him our friendship is over Minyoung-ah,” I looked up and saw Sehun oppa with Ahri.

“But Sehun-ah if she loves him what can we do?” Kai oppa said to his dongsaeng with a sad face. Oppa won’t like it if I go back to Dae oppa. He’s only doing this so I won’t be sad. But do I still love him?

“Minyoung do you still love that ex of yours?” Sehun oppa grunted.

“I-I don’t k-know. I’m c-confused t-to be h-honest,” I said as I wiped my tears away even though I know they will keep falling.

“Why are you confused? Minyoung do you still like him or not? You just have to choose one.” I heard Ahri say. I glanced at her. Her eyes showed worry and sadness. Guess friends do share our emotions together.

“I don’t know if I still love him or not. Can you guys give me time? Please? I want to end this problem once and for all,” I begged to them. If I still do love Dae oppa then I want to be with him. If I don’t love him then who have stolen my heart?

“Fine but Minyoung please don’t make things complicated ok? We only want the best for you and that includes you not getting hurt. We are always here for you. Not just us three but you also have the other EXO members ok? We will be your second family,” Sehun oppa said as he patted my head and hugged me. I returned his hug.

“Group hug!” I heard Kai oppa yelled out as he and Ahri both jumped on Sehun oppa and me. The four of us started to laugh.

“Guy hate to break this apart but lunch is almost over and we should be heading back to our next class,” Sehun said as he looked at his phone.

“Please the hyungs are worried about you Minyoungie. What did I tell you? We are now family and family member stand up for each other. Don’t worry Minyoungie all 13 of us are here to protect you.” I smiled sweetly at Sehun oppa. No one can make me feel better than the three people I have right by my side.

“Let’s go to class guys. Minyoung for now do what you think is right. But remember you also have us if you have something to talk about,” Kai oppa warned me but the smiled and peck my forehead.

“My precious sister, you don’t deserve this heartbreak,” I started to tear up at his words but then I stopped myself from crying again. I won’t cry twice a day.

“Let’s go bestie!” Ahri said as he hooked her arm with mine as we started to walk to our lockers to get our bags and our books while the other two are following us. After getting the bags and the books we all headed toward our own class which is the same to be honest.

When I got to class I went to my seat while Ahri and Kai sat together while Sehun oppa was with someone in the back. I guess Luhan is not here yet. I placed the books I needed for this class and a pencil out on my desk as I waited for the teacher and Luhan to arrive.

The bell rang as all the students rushed to class since lunch was over. Some teachers are nice and ignore the tardy kids while there are also teachers who aren’t that nice either. Mr. Nam came into the room and went to his desk at the front.

“Attention! We have a new transfer student today. He’ll be joining this class from now on. Please welcome Jung Daehyun.” Right after Mr. Nam finished his short speech HE came into the room and stood beside Mr. Nam.

“Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Jung Daehyun. It’s pleasure to meet you all,” he said with a small smile.

“Well Daehyun where would you like to sit?” Mr. Nam asked as I saw him eyeing the empty seat beside me. I started to panic.

He can’t sit here right? I mean this is Luhan’s seat. There is no way I would want his sitting next to me every single day this class.

“Can I sit over there?” he said as he pointed at the seat beside me. Just before Mr. Nam answered.

“I’m sorry I’m late!” Luhan came into the room all breathless. All the students and Mr. Nam stared at Luhan.

“It's fine but don’t be late next time,” Mr. Nam being one of the kinder teacher brush off Luhan’s tardiness like it was nothing. Luhan bowed to Mr. Nam and rushed over to his seat which was right beside.

“Yo!” he greeted me with his fist and I fist pumped him back with a “Hello.” He grinned at me and sat down on his seat.

“Why are you tardy?” I asked quietly to him. Luhan looked at me and mouth “bathroom emergency.” I let out a small laugh. I guess that’s a pretty good reason why. He was pooping in the bathroom.

I guess he heard my giggle and he glared at me and I shot him a glare back. He shivered under my gaze and pouted while I just slapped his arm.

“Daehyun please go sit at the empty seat behind Luhan and Minyoung. Kids open your book to page 245.” Mr. Nam said. I frowned when I realized that he have to sit behind us.

Luhan must have notice the look on my face. “Don’t worry Minyoung-ah. We are here for you.” he grin his grandpa grin at me and gave my hand a bit squeeze. I smiled gratefully at him. 

Dae oppa had settled in his seat behind us, well more like behind me. He leaned forward for when Mr. Nam turned around to write some things on the white board.

“Kim Minyoung, whether you like it or not I’m going to court you and win your heart again for the second time. I love you Min baby,” he whispered. My heart stopped there.

 

***

Author's Note - So the ex is back ^^ Stay in tune for more chapters