Chapter 10

My Secret Crush

Minyoung POV

 

Today is the first time to work with Luhan. I hope he won’t cause any trouble to me since I want to finish this project as fast as we can. I don’t really wish being with him. Call me childish but I still haven’t forgiven him about being mean when I was still unknown about being Kai oppa’s sister. Since I’m the youngest in the family, I have always been like this so yeah. I just hope we would get along well.

It was two periods before the biology classes I have with Luhan, and as for the project, we both still haven’t chosen what animal that we’re going to use for the project. I was thinking about some kinds of unique animals like the kangaroo, or the wolves, and that’s all I thought of. How about a deer? I still have to ask Luhan to choose between the animals. I’ll just ask him during our meet up at the library.

To be honest, I still don’t really like him. He’s like so bipolar, I mean when we were pair up, he was mean to me at first, not that I mind but when I told him to work so we don’t have to interact any more, he turn to be nice. I mean is he somehow having some psychological problems? Sorry not sorry.

And the day after tomorrow is Friday and I have a “date” with Sehun oppa. School is close for some reason. Can’t wait for us to hang out because I want to go the amusement park with Hunnie oppa and he’s the one who’s gonna pay for both of us. I’m so evil.

***

Luhan’s POV

 

Today we were supposed to meet up after school at the library. I was waiting for her outside because school was already over. I don’t know myself but I was anticipating seeing Minyoung. I must be going crazy! She asked me what we could do for the project, and I still have no idea.

I heard laughter as I looked up and saw Minyoung with Sehun. Wait, is that his hand over her shoulders? How dare he touch her! What am I even saying?!

“Hi hyung,” Sehun greeted me happily but I just answered with a normal “Hey.” Sehun turned to Minyoung as he give her a hug and ruffled her hair as said, “Bye Minyoungie! I can’t wait for our date tomorrow. See ya and don’t forget to dress up!” then he run off as she waved at him.

“So, have you decided what you want to work for the Biology project?” Minyoung asked me as I just shook my head a quick no. She quickly nodded head as she was going to go in the library when I open the door for her, I mean it’s not bad to be nice to her right? She just gave me a puzzle and questioning look but went in anyways.

We both settle down at a table as they just sat there in an uncomfortable silence. I just glance at her ever minute but she didn’t even open even once. Man, this is getting so awkward.

“Umm,” I tried to break the silence, “what do you plan to do for the project?” That was stupid. I couldn’t even think about what to talk to her so I said about the stupid project right.

“I actually did some stuff last night. I’m sorry I didn’t inform you but I already started on some stuff like the drawing and labeling parts. I choose the Panda Bear for the project, just don’t ask why. So what we need to do today is to research about the animal to write the 7 paragraph essay. In my opinion, I think we could finish this project in like three days; it was nice of Mr. Im to take two weeks probably knowing that some students will slack off. Ok so first one of us should find books about pandas and the other one will search online. Gather as much information that you think it’s needed in the project and then we’ll go through both list and if we had some similarities we’ll put those in and other interesting facts too.”  Minyoung took a breath as she just said all those stuff in one breath.

I was awestruck by how easily Minyoung lead how to do the project, she just said those things as if she was a professional. Wow, this is like the first time I’ve ever seen a girl that actually work hard to get good grades. I unknowingly kept starting as her as she looked up and lock glances with me. She just stared back at me and I stare back at her. What is this? Has her eyes had always been this pretty? Wait, what the heck did I just say? I did not compliment this ugly girl in front of me.

 

Ugly huh? That’s why you stare at it.

 

Shut up! I do not stare at her especially her .

 

I was having a fight with my stupid inner self as I heard a small giggle. I look up and saw that it was Minyoung? Why is she laughing? Is something funny going on? I give her a confused look as she kept giggling while looking at me. Is something on my face?

“Umm, is there something funny or why are you giggling?” I had no idea why she, the person who is the coldest around me is giggling like no tomorrow. It was as if she had gone crazy.

“Sorry, if it was offensive to you. It was just that you look funny while thinking of something as if you were fighting with someone in yourself. Didn’t you notice, you face was changing emotions every five seconds. Sorry.” I was quite surprise when she said sorry to me twice plus did a mini bow.

“Nah its ok, I guess.” I whispered the last part, but I think she heard it because she kept on giggling. This is already quite surprising to me. Am I going to die soon because it’s like a dream; the person, who I thought hate me, is right now in front of me laughing at me. Wow, I’m seriously impressed.

“Go on laugh at me all you want.” I said with a grumpy voice as I pouted unknowingly. The giggling went on but it seem like she is trying to control it as she place her on but it still seems as she can’t.

“I’m so sorry.” But her giggling doesn’t stop. She took a deep breath as she also slaps her cheeks.

We just kept working after that as comfortable silence filled the air. It was already 5:30 PM as Minyoung speak up.

“Umm, Luhan-sshi, I think it’s enough for today. Let’s work again another time. It’s already late. I’ll call or sent a message to you the place we’ll work.” Minyoung packed her things as I did the same. Our project is nearly complete. It’s nice to work with her because obviously, she’s like the teachers’ pet and always get the best scores in our class. I’m sure we’ll ace this project too. Finally I’ll probably get something other than a C or a D.

 

***

Author’s POV

 

Today is a precious day when Sehun and Minyoung will be going to their “date” together. Well, if you would include the third wheel, one and only Kim Kai. The day was a nice sunny day, but it wasn’t too hot either. Minyoung woke up early as always as she looked at the clock and notice that it was still kind of early.

Minyoung quickly washed up as she got ready for her date. She decided to wear a short dress and of course doesn’t forget to wear her shorts underneath. Since this is consider a date because that’s what Sehun had said to Mrs. Kim,  she has to wear a dress since she knows what her mom would make her wear if she didn’t dress up like this. Minyoung lightly dabbed some light makeup on her which is only eyeliner and blush and some pink lip gloss.

 

***

 

Minyoung’s POV

 

It’s getting near eight o’clock, the time Sehun oppa said he would pick me up so I went downstairs and waited for him. I don’t want any breakfast since I’m going to also make him eat at my favorite café for our breakfast with hot chocolate and waffles. This is making me so hungry. Oppa come quickly please!

Just in time, I heard the doorbell ring as I jumped to my feet as I ran outside of the house. I need to go to the café as in like right now!! I feel like a person who hadn’t eaten for like a whole month.

“Sehun oppa, thank god you’re here! Come on, I’m starving!” I was so happy to see oppa because finally I could go and eat happily with my beloved food.

“Calm down Minyoung-ah. It’s not like the café is going to run away from you.” Oppa said as he laughs at me being really impatient. I think I need to pinch his cheeks really badly. Oppa is so cute! Get use to this me, because this is how I am when I’m not at school.

“Let’s go oppa!” I said excitedly as I pull Hunnie oppa by his arms to the café which was a 10 minutes’ walk away. Oh My God! I’m finally going to taste the blueberry cheesecake again! Those cakes are H-E-A-V-E-N.

“Minyoungie calm down,” he said and giggled a bit showing his eye smile. I grinned at him back as he just laughed at me once again.

After eating at the café for our breakfast, oppa told me it’s time for us to go to the amusement park. WOO HOO!! I’m so excited!! It’s been a long time since I’ve gone and all these stress that I have the past week, will be gone once I ride the roller coaster and scream my lungs out.

We arrive at the amusement park as oppa paid for our entrance ticket. Told you so, I will make him pay for everything. Once in a while, let me be a spoil brat. I barely act like this so once a while won’t hurt anyone in any way at all. Please at least I’m not a stuck up brat like some people out there.

In the amusement park, I was as bouncy as I keep jumping up and down like a kid. This is gonna be so much fun! I’ve been waiting for this day to come. I mean it’s just a typical hang out with oppa and I but it’s been so long since I’ve actually gone out of my house that I’m really excited. It’s been years since I’ve been to an amusement park too making my excitement level shoot up to the sky.

I quickly told oppa that I want to ride on the roller coaster as we waited in line for like a few minutes. It was kind of early since it was only 10 AM in the morning. Since it was still not the weekend yet, there weren’t much people around. Thankfully, we didn’t have to have wait in line thanks to that. God bless who ever decided to school for today.

“You can hold my hand if you’re scare ok?” oppa said as we were seated on the ride. I nodded to him as a reply, but was still too excited to talk. I mean I might get scared but it’s nothing compared to my excitement anyways. Even if I get scared I’m sure he’ll laugh at me. Well, that’s how our relationship rolls.

As the ride started going up slowly to the slope, my heart was beating so fast. It stopped on the top for a bit as it rushed right now. It was so fast that the wind was blowing right against my face and made my hair in all direction. My eyes shut close tightly as my eyes got teary from the fast wind.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!” I screamed my lungs out as Hunnie oppa was laughing at me while also somehow screaming. This is so much fun; it does have been so long that I don’t even remember how fun it could be hanging out with friends. I have to thank oppa later for taking me out. And thank god, Kai oppa isn’t with us or he would have been on his over protective mode. He wouldn’t have even allowed me to get on the roller coaster. Wait, he might have if I used my puppy face but then he won’t allow me to sit with Hunnie oppa.

“That was the best ride ever! Let’s go oppa, I want to go play bumper cars!” I said to oppa as we walk away from the roller coaster. I had enjoyed the ride very much. I didn’t get scared for that much. Guess I got a new hobby of enjoying scary rides. Oppa just laughed at me.

As we wait for our turn at the bumper cars, we just chat about how boring school actually is. It was our turn as we choose to not ride the same car since it’ll be more fun. I quickly walk or more like sprint toward a shiny black car with a number 11 on it. Well, the car basically has my favorite color and number.

The ride start as me and oppa chase each other to bump into each other for fun. The whole time, I just chase oppa to annoy him. It seems like it work because after the time was up, he had this annoyed yet cute expression on his face. I tugged on his arms acting like a child and said in a cutesy voice, “Are you mad at Minyoungie oppa? Don’t be mad. I’ll buy you bubble tea.”

With just the two words “bubble tea” made oppa’s eyes shine brighter and I know I trapped him. “So oppa, do you forgive me?” I pouted towards him. I know it will work, he always fall for my aegyo anyways.

But what came out of his mouth was something unexpected.

 

“LUHAN HYUNG!!”

 

***

Author's Note - Here is Chapter 10 ^^