Chapter 19

My Secret Crush

Author’s POV

 

It was Christmas morning; the beginning of a joyful holiday. Everyone around the world has always participated to be part of this wonderful event. It was that time of the year to be spent with the ones you love. Mostly children enjoy today because it was the time when they get all the new clothes and toys they have always wanted. Merry Christmas everybody!

One particular girl name Kim Minyoung is sprawled on her bed as she kept on sleeping until someone ruined it by crashing into her room.

“Rise and shine Minyoungie!” Her one and only brother screamed as he entered her room, without permission I must say, and swung opened her curtains that were hiding Minyoung from the morning sun. But the might voice of her brother never affected her. She kept on sleeping like there is nothing to disturb her beauty sleep. She had spent some time packing her luggage for her trip.

After falling asleep for like an hour or two Minyoung jolted out of bed in the middle of the night remembering that she still need to pack her luggage for her trip. She had just added some of the clothing she think she would need into her luggage quickly, and since she was still half asleep she wasn’t really sure what she had put in her luggage. Hopefully the clothes would be useful when she get to Busan.

“Come on Minyoungie, get your up! It’s Christmas!” Kai screamed once more but only to be ignored by his sister. He frowned at that fact. How can she be like a dead log? When he actually took time to look around her room he saw her closet all messed up as if a hurricane hit it last night. It was severe.

Thinking hard for a few minutes, Kai finally came up with an idea to wake up his dead log sister.

"KIM MINYOUNG, GET UP! SEVENTEEN IS DOWNSTAIRS!” that did the trick as Minyoung shot out of bed as she rushed down the stairs. It took her some while to get into her mind that she had been tricked.

“KIM JONGIN! YOU BETTER RUN AND HIDE BECAUSE I’M SO GONNA KICK YOUR WHEN I SEE YOU!” Minyoung sprinted her way back up and started the search for her stupid brother. He was nowhere to be found. Then she remembered one thing.

 

He can’t do anything against me since I have his weakness right in the palm of my hands.

 

“I guess I’m going to eat all the chicken all to myself.” Minyoung said out loud hoping Kai would somehow hear me from where ever he is. “How sad is it that I have to eat the chicken alone? I wish I can share this with someone.” She faked a sigh and pretended to be sulking, and walked down to the kitchen where the parents were.

“The usual morning routine between the Kim siblings,” Mr. Kim said and he snorted. Of course, every morning somehow the two siblings will annoy or trick each other and it’s just them trying to walk the other up.

“Morning to you too dad,” Minyoung said as she pecked his cheek, and did the same to her mom. “Good morning mom.”

“Minhwa-ah please call Jongin and tell him that his sister won’t kill him; well not yet. I want to spent our Christmas morning together joyfully and not with Minyoung wanting to kill Jongin.” Mr. Kim said as he set his newspaper down on the table and took his reading glasses off.

“I was just about to do it Jongchan,” Mrs. Kim replied. Then she called out for her son, who was clearly hiding somewhere in the house. As a power of a mom, he immediately came down to the kitchen with a sheepish smile on his face. Minyoung glared at him and he childishly stuck out his tongue at her.

“Kids, let’s have breakfast first. Then we can give the presents,” Mr. Kim said as they all started eating. Of course the siblings were still giving each other looks, one was glaring and the other was teasing.

The morning breakfast was done was as the family gathered up in the living room with their gifts in their hands.

“I’ll go first!” Minyoung announced as she handed each her dad, mom, and brother a wrapped a gift. They of course opened it right there. Her gift for the dad was a wrist watch with some beautiful design with gems and it was the same for her mom. She actually bought the couple ones for her parents. Her brother screamed when he opened his gift.

“Oh my god I love you so much Minyoungie!” he hugged her tight as if he was going to squish her life out of her.

“Oppa I c-can’t breathe,” Minyoung squeaked out. Her brother let her go with a big grin on his face. He got a ticket to go to the dance competition he always wanted to watch. Not just only one ticket but two so he can take someone to company him there who is probably going to be Sehun. Not only that but he also got some tickets to buy free chicken for him.

Minyoung knew her brother have a lot of passion for dancing. He has always been an active kid since he was born. He loves dancing more than anything else; well maybe after chicken.

“I’m next!” Kai hollered as his voice filled up the living room. He took out the three gifts. He handed his dad his gift which was a new leather purse with a picture of the family at the place where you can place photos in. Mrs. Kim got a book full of writings and pictures in a photo book. Some of the sayings were, “We couldn’t have asked for a better mom because she’s already here with us. We love you.” It was a caption for a picture of Kai and Minyoung when they were young, with cute little grins and peace signs. Mrs. Kim tears up after reading a few messages.

Minyoung smiled at the sight of her dad trying to stop her mom from crying. It was a lovely sight. She knew that her mom would cry at Kai’s gift because she also contributes into it. She was the one who gave him the idea to do that. Of course all the photos had to be copied since they couldn’t really use the original ones which were collected by their mom.

Minyoung was happy as hell when she got the new albums of her idols from her brother. Like what he did to her, she screamed and hugged him tight catching him off guard as he fell on the sofa. The parents laughed at the sibling’s scene. Unlike other children, Kai and Minyoung were different. They were very close to each other because there’s isn’t much of an between them, and Kai immediately love Minyoung the time he saw her when she was born. She was a perfect little sister for him.

After all the gifts exchanging were done, Kai and Minyoung quickly washed themselves since they had to get ready to leave to Busan. While Minyoung was rechecking her luggage since she knew she probably dumped stuff in there last night, and thankfully all the clothes were the ones she needed, there was a message sent to her from Sehun.

 

 

From: Sehun Oppa <3

Wear the couple shoes we bought XD

You can change them later

Remember to bring your slippers

 

To: Sehun Oppa <3

Yes I will dad XP

 

Minyoung remember the day he gave her his number; it was a long time ago but she still remember it because he went all crazy since Sehun had a heart after his name and he didn’t. Kai thought they both were secretly dating behind his back and he totally threw a fuss until he found out that Sehun was just kidding. Minyoung giggled at the funny memory. Ever since Kai introduced Sehun to Minyoung, they click and become close. Kai always get jealous because he used to have his sister all to himself but now he need to share.

Hearing her brother yelling her name, Minyoung quickly finished up and took out the “couple” shoes she bought with Sehun. She knew Kai will throw another fit but well she got used to it ever since Sehun tried to annoy his hyung by always clinging onto Minyoung.

 

***

 

Minyoung’s POV

 

Kai oppa and I walked to our school. Well Suho oppa said it was easier for all of us to go and meet there instead of the bus picking each of us up. Of course when we arrived at school Suho, Kris, Tao, Xiumin, and Luhan were all there with a luggage of their own. After I greeted them, I just stand there waiting for Ahri to arrive and along with the others too. Not too long after I heard two loud voices screaming the same thing:

“Minyoung-ah!” I turn around and crashed into two people meaning Ahri and Sehun oppa. Wow, I can feel all the love. Then they both started to squeal saying how excited they were to go on the trip. I guess the others notice my awkwardness because these two kept going on and on about stuff.

“You guys shut up!” Kris said finally after quite a few minutes. I mouth him a “thank” and he just smiled back. To be honest I don’t even know why people would say Kris is a cold person. He just seem cold, in fact he is a very kind and warm hearted person inside. 

After fifteen minutes have passed, the remaining people arrived finally and of course Byun Baekhyun making a “big” entrance by posing and screaming things like “OH MY GOD BUSAN!” It didn’t also help when Chanyeol and Chen started to scream too. Thankfully once again D.O shut them up.

Suho oppa then told us to gather up as he counted us. “We can now go.” When he said that it seems like hell broke out because currently I’m being a rope of tug a war between Sehun and Ahri. I think my arms are going to break off. Kai oppa had abandon me for D.O which I’m also kind of thankful for but now how can I supposed to handle these two people? Just as I was about to scream at them, someone took Ahri’s hand that was tugging on my arm as Sehun lost balance since he was pulling on my other arm and fell down and of course I fell down right on him.

“Ouch!” We both yelled as it caught the attention of the others. They were now all staring at me and Sehun but I didn’t really notice because I was asking Sehun if he was ok. We were lucky that we didn’t fell that hard on the ground.

“OH MY GAWD OH SEHUN ARE YOU DATING MINYOUNG? MY EYES AREN’T LYING RIGHT? THOSE ARE DEFINETELY COUPLES SHOES!” As expected from the dramatic Baekhyun. Well I didn’t expect him to be the one to notice first. I didn’t bother to explain knowing Sehun did this on purpose to annoy oppa.

“OH SEHUN HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?! MY SISTER IS NOT YOURS!” Here goes my brother well I got used to this too. Sehun just grinned at oppa with a devilish face and a peace smile. I just smile at these usual childish people.

“To clear everything up, Sehun oppa and I aren’t dating. We just bought these shoes together when we went shopping as friendship things. So Kai oppa please stop all those murder scenes you are planning for Sehun oppa.” I glared at my childish brother who just acted innocent.

“I thought you guys were dating. Back at the amusement par-” just before Luhan ended his sentence Sehun cut him off.

“Anyways I’m sitting with Minyoung on the bus!” Sehun said as he dragged me up the bus as we sat down on the middle seating row. I choose the window seat as Sehun just sat down next to me. The members started to go up one by one on the bus as they took their seatmate. After all of us were all seated the bus started. I knew it’s going to be a long ride but well HERE I COME BUSAN!

 

***

Author's Note - MERRY CHIRSTMAS EVERYONE! <3