Chapter 32

My Secret Crush

Luhan’s POV

 

It was after school as I was waiting for Minyoung outside of the gate. I already texted her that I was waiting for her here and she was she was coming soon since she was only still at her locker. Without me noticing I was already grinning in happiness. After a while is spotted Minyoung between the students and waved my hands at her which she returned with a smile on her face. Isn’t this like a date? I mean it is just the two of us. That thought made me blush as I could feel my cheeks getting hotter.

“Umm, Luhan?” that broke my thoughts as I saw Minyoung’s hand waving in front of my face. I looked at her and smiled. She returned it.

“What were you going to say?” I asked her as she seemed to want to tell me about something.

“I was just going to ask where we are going.  I had to be home back at eight. Well, that’s why Kai oppa said. He said that if I’m late even for a minute both you and I are dead meat. He also said that he doesn’t care if you’re his hyung, he will beat your .” She giggled after that.

“That Kim Jongin, don’t worry Minyoung I’ll bring you back at 8:01! Now let’s go have some fun!” I said to her as I grabbed her hand and ran to the bus stop hear our school. As soon as we got to the bus stop we went on the bus that was waiting and end up sitting at one of the back seats. It was right after school time so there weren’t much people yet except for a few grandmas.

“So what do you want to do today? I mean if you have nothing to do I actually have a plan but well we are supposed to be cheering you up today so it’s all on what you want today,” I said to her as I face Minyoung. My neck hurts a bit considering on the face that she was sitting beside me and not in front of me.

“I don’t really mind what we do but can we go eat or something? And go to an arcade and have some fun. I feel like I really need to relieve the stress in me and clear my mind.” She said with a smile. Somehow that smile seems more natural than the ones she’s been wearing these past days. I know that she’s quite uncomfortable by the face that her ex is back.

“Sure let’s go the mall! They have the food court and the arcade center there! Plus we can also have some shopping,” I grinned at her which she grinned back. That bright smile and eyes; how can someone be so pretty? I mean she ain’t on the same level as the idols and the models but there is just something that is appealing and unique about Minyoung. She’s just simply and naturally pretty.

“Asa! Let’s grab some ice cream when we get there too ok? I’ve been craving for ice cream these days!” Minyoung threw her fists up in the air and cheered like a kid. It’s no wonder that Kai and Sehun are very protective of her. She is like a kid. I’m guessing she is a kid at heart and she is the youngest in her family.

“Whatever you want Minyoung,” I smiled at her in which she returned. Finally it was our time to get off as I took her hand dragged her off the bus to the mall. Her hands are so soft. It fit so perfectly with mine that I feel we are made to be together.

“LET’S GO!" she yelled out and now she was the one dragging me into the mall where the arcade place was. I was just laughing at her.

When we got to the arcade place we went on playing all the different games. She decided that we should compete on who is the best player as we went on and played with the fact the other person is our rival. We both won on fairly different games.

“Ok this will be our last game and the loser has to treat the winner ok?” Minyoung said seriously as we headed toward our last game: basketball. She glared at me. Wait, why is this girl so intimating?

“Gosh Minyoung it’s just a game take it easy,” I laughed nervously and patted her back as she just stared at me. I guess girls are way scary than boys when it comes to competition.

“I’m not gonna lose for sure so make sure your wallet is ready oppa,” she said and suddenly gave me an evil grin that send chills down my spine. I gulped. Why is she so scary?!

“F-fine,” I stuttered and ready myself in front of the basketball hoop.

“3 2 1 START!” Minyoung yelled out as both of us started to play the basketball game. It was a while as I tried my best to get as many goals as I could. It hard knowing that the loser has to pay for our food. I mean even if I won I would still pay since I was the one who asked her out for this hang out.

 

Please you know that this is basically a date.

 

Oh shut up stupid brain!

 

Being in denial won’t help you at all. Have fun on the date!

 

“BEEPPPPPP!”

 

And the time was up. I looked up at our scores. Oh my gwad! I got about 56 and she got over 60?! This girl is no joke.

“Yes!” Minyoung jumped with a big smile on her face. “I won! Now let’s go eat and you’re paying!” And once again I was being dragged to the food court. We ended at some restaurant as Minyoung started to order the things on the menu. I gaped at her knowing how much the girl in front of me can eat. I suddenly remember what happened at the amusement park. Bye my precious pocket money.

“That’ll be it. Thank you,” she said to the waiter as he bowed and walked away with our orders. Or more like her orders.

“If you don’t mind I order for both you and me,” she said with a smile on her face. I guess that’s enough to fill in the money I will be losing. Is this real love? You are willing to do anything for the person? I guess this is it. Her smile will solve anything for me.

“It’s fine,” I said and ruffled her hair resulting in her glaring at me. Why do I find everything about her so cute? Or is it just me?

“Don’t touch my beautiful hair!” she whined at me just making me laugh. And not soon after that our food arrived. Yup my wallet is gonna be pretty empty.

“I will eat well!” she said with the big smile and started to dig in the food. Seeing her so happily eating the food unlike other girls is nice. I rather have a girl who is eating a lot and not caring rather than just seeing girl order water and all. It’s not comfortable when it’s just you eating.

“Luhan oppa don’t worry I’ll be paying half of our food. Just enjoy our food,” Minyoung grinned at me. I am really shocked by this. She is willing to pay half our food price? It somehow hurts my pride.

“It’s fine Minyoungie. I lost so I have to pay,” I said to her but she shook her head no.

“I was the one who started the bet and I won so I have the rights to do whatever I want. I am going to pay half the price for our food and that’s the end. Any words? No? Good.” She said and began to eat again.

How can this girl be so stubborn? I’ve never seen someone who stubborn before. I guess this is one of the reasons why Kai and Sehun couldn’t tell us about her. She probably had something over them. I guess they were protecting her in a way but things did turn out to be different. I never knew that I would be falling for her.

It was a long time after we finish eating all the things that Minyoung order. Even though I keep insisting on the fact that I should just pay for both of us but in the end we ended up splitting the bill.

“That was a good meal. Now let’s go have some ice cream,” she said with a grin as she once again dragged me out of the mall to the park nearby. Of course the first thing she did was to go to the ice cream shop.

“What flavor do you want?” She asked me as she took out her wallet.

“Come on Minyoung let the man pay,” I whined to her as I took her wallet away from her. She doesn’t need to pay; I was the one who brought her out here.

“But it’s not fair when it’s just you treating me,” she whined back and tried to reach for her wallet. Good thing I’m taller than her at least.

“You can treat me next time. Let me buy you the ice cream at least. You split our bill back at the restaurant,” I said I tip toed as she jumped to get her wallet.

“Fine, I promise now give me back my wallet,” she said and I gave her wallet back to her and grinned that I got my way.

“So what flavor do you want?” I asked her with the same grin on my face. She frowned and kicked my shin.

“Get me chocolate.” Minyoung said with a scowl and turned around pretending to be mad I guess. I swear this girl is so cute I could swallow her alive. Wait, that sounds creepy. No, I do NOT want to swallow her alive. I’m not a monster!

I went to the ahjusshi to order two chocolate ice creams and paid and went back to Minyoung with two ice creams in my hands.

“Here you go Miss Kim,” I said with a smile and handed her the ice cream as I started to eat the one in my hands. Both of us just sat there, on the bench at the park eating our ice cream. It was perfect for the summer weather.

“Luhan, thank you for hanging out with me, and thanks for treating me. I know I’ve been under a bit of stress these days,” I hear her say as I turned my head toward her and saw a freaking angel. I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks.

“I uh it’s f-fine,” I managed to say to her and quickly turn my head away from her and kept on eating my ice cream quietly.

“Minyoung-ah, I have to ask you something. Are you, um will you go back to Daehyun?” I asked her with caution knowing that the topic isn’t really a good thing.

“No, I’m not. I don’t want to repeat history. He left me once, there’s no insurance that he will not do it again. Plus I don’t even feel the same towards him anymore. Sure, he can like me all he wants but the only thing he will get is a heart break. He’ll get the fact that I’m over him one day. And I do hope that day is soon. I don’t want him to hurt. Even though we broke up, he was my very first love or boyfriend and feelings like that don’t go away easily. I’m over him yet I still don’t want him to hurt in anyway. You know what I mean right? I mean you are in a relationship with Chohee anyways,” Minyoung said but why does the last part sounds really bitter?

“I guess I do understand but I’ve already broken up with Chohee.” I said to her. Minyoung gasped at me.

“You what?! Why didn’t you tell me?!” she screamed at me.

“I’m sorry, and why didn’t I tell you? Kim Minyoung your ex is back and I do not wish to put more stress in you.” I said back at her calmly.

“Sorry Luhan-ah. I mean as your friend I thought you could share anything with me.” She said as she placed her hands on my shoulder and stared at me.

“It’s fine. It’s not as if she really loved me or anything. She said she only used me for my money and her reputation,” I said with a voice barely hearable. The pain from the break up was coming back to me.

Minyoung suddenly hugged me as my eyes nearly pop out of their sockets. More blood was rushing to my cheeks as I feel like I was going to explode.

“Just let it out. Sometimes it’s ok to cry. No one will say a thing.” She said as she rubbed my back softly. The tears that I haven’t let out just rushed out my eyes as I buried my head on her shoulders. I would be lying if I say that the break up didn’t hurt me at all. Even though I was the one who told Chohee that I want to break up, it still hurts. I was with her for a while enough to have some feelings lingering.

Even though it hurts, I’m starting to feel better. It does feel better to have all of your tears out. Minyoung never said anything except for the fact that she just drew some circles on my back as she waited for me to stop crying. It was a while after I stopped crying and I finally let go of her. Suddenly she laughed.

“You big baby,” she giggled as she took out some tissues from her backpack as she wiped my eyes and my nose. I blushed that she was touching my face and also having to wipe some snot that came out when I was crying. Her face was so close to mine as I just stared at her and of course I was still hiccupping from crying too hard.

I grabbed her hand that was still wiping my tears and set it down to the side still not letting go of it. I brought up my other hand and cupped her face with it.

“Why do you make me feel all these things?” I asked her as Minyoung was just frozen on her spot. Our faces were close enough that I could feel her breath. I have to do this or else I would never get another chance.

Just like that I lean closer and placed my lips on her softs ones.

 

***

Author's Note - Will be ending soon ^^