Chapter 9

My Secret Crush

Author’s POV

 

Minyoung went back down after having her alone time on the school’s rooftop. She heard the warning bell rang which means that lunch is over and you should head to whatever class you have next. Minyoung arrive at her Biology class, and she notice that she was still a bit early so she went to her seat and sat down. She took out her notes and began to review since they are going to have a quiz next week.

She was still focused on her book as the other students piled in the classroom along with Ahri and all the other EXO members. Ahri quickly went to sit next to Minyoung and kept quiet since it’s almost times up and Minyoung seems to be focus on her book.  As the final bell ring all the students rushed to their seats before their teacher, Mr. Im come in. Minyoung set her book on the table as she waited quietly; she hadn’t even notice that Ahri was already there.

A few moments later, Mr. Im came in the class room as he set his books on his desk. “Now, since we’re having a new semester in a few more weeks, I want to change your seats. And don’t whine like kids about this. I’m doing it for your own good since all you guys do it interact with only your friends. Starting from now, all the projects given by me would be partner work and you have to work with your seat mate. No questions? Ok let’s start class.” Everyone groan as they heard they would be leaving their friends and be with a “stranger” for the whole next semester.

Minyoung felt devastated when she heard the news from her teacher. She doesn’t like to socialize with people as she prefers to work alone or with Ahri.

 

I hope a get a person who isn’t annoying and works, if no I might end up murdering someone.

 

“I will now announce the new seats so please everyone stand up and pack up your things to move. At table one Seohyun and Yonghwa. Table two will be Ahri and Kai.  Table three will be Lay and Sehun. Amber and Henry will sit at table four.” So lucky thought when she heard the first bunch of people. All of them are friends and now her chance of being with her best friend is gone.

“Joy and Irene will sit at table five. Kris and Tao at table six. Suho and Kyungsoo will be seated at table seven. Sooyoung and Yuri at table eight. Chen and Xiumin at table nine and Luhan will be with Minyoung at table ten.”

 

***

Minyoung’s POV

 

I’m going to be with at Lu Jerk Han?! Is destiny testing me?! From all people in this class, why with this idiot?!! I hate my life and for the rest of the semester?!! That is impossible?! How am I going to live till the end? NO!! I don’t want to sit with him and work with him for the whole semester!!

Kim Minyoung calm down. It’s only a few months and I could just quickly do the work so I don’t really need to interact with this jerk. As Mr. Im kept reading his list for the new seats, I was just sulking at my seat. I mean could my day get any better after getting pair with my enemy as my seat mate for the whole semester. This is so bad. And of course I feel some lasers on my back, probably Chohee since I “got” her boyfriend instead of her. Like the hell I care! I hate him to my guts!

“Now, everybody move to your new seats! Come on!” Mr. Im announced as Ahri left me, before she went she look at me to see if I’m ok. I’m obviously not; I still don’t know why I deserve to sit with this stupid jerk. What did I do in my ex life to have this kind of terrible fate?

I stayed at my seat since I’m already sitting at table ten. I still couldn’t I have to work with that Deer Jerk. I still hate him so much!!

Then I heard the lucky voice that I never wish to hear, “You are very lucky to be paired up with me, and remember I’m not doing any of the work for the project.” Mr. Lu Jerk Han is in the house. I gave him a glare and spoke with the coldest voice I had.

“Fine with me but don’t expect me to be like the others. The work credit will go to me, ONLY me.” I emphasized on the world only as the jerk looked very annoyed. Like the hell I care. If he doesn’t want to work why the hell I would lie to the teacher that he did? I’m the one who did the work. I’m not like those people who will fall for this “charms”. I’m not his puppet.

“Fine I will help with the upcoming projects. Not because I want to but I need to have my own grades in class.” He glared at me. It’s not my fault in the first place, he wouldn’t help, I told him I’ll do it on my own but of course the credit will only go to me.

“Now that everyone is in their new seats, I’ll announce the project now. This project grade would be 50% of the class so I hope you do well or see you in this class next year too.” Mr. Im said with a grin on his face. I’ll ace this project, and then I don’t have to take this class next year.

“For this project you have to write a report that is 7 paragraphs with at least eight to ten sentences in each describing about the most important parts in your animals. Then you’ll have to draw a picture of the animal and labeling the parts. I know this isn’t Art class but you still have to do this to earn your grade or else. Well, that’s enough for me today; you’ll have 2 weeks until the project is due but don’t slack off. I’ll evaluate each project carefully and one last thing, you can choose the animal you want but both partners must agree on it and come talk to me afterschool or during lunch to get it approved. Good luck!” Mr. Im said whatever we need to know about the project and left the classroom.

“So, what animal do you want to do the project on?” I “kindly” ask Luhan, but I still have a big frown on my face.

“I don’t know, you choose.” I frown much more at his answer. We’re supposed to work together. Enemies or not I want to ace this project so I still need this idiot in front of me to participate.

“Look, I’m just like you. I don’t want to work with you either but Mr. Im already chooses our seat mates and you know we can’t ask for a change. If we could I already would have. So let’s just work on this project as peacefully as we can. Let’s not fight during this project and after this we could go our own way and ignore each other. How is that?” I told my plan to Lu Jerk Han. He thought about it for a while and he nodded. Looks like he agreed to my awesome plan, I know I was this cool.

“Let’s start the project tomorrow after school at the library or do you want to go somewhere else?” I asked him. I want no need to finish this project as fast as I could. I don’t think I would enjoy the company of my seat mate.

“The library is fine, but can’t we start today? I mean if you’re free.” Unexpectedly Luhan answered me with a smile on his face. Is he bipolar or something?

“I’m not free today, sorry.” I looked at him apologetically. I felt sorry since he was being nice to me for the first time but I rejected. I’m not completely heartless like other people say, it’s just my personality. With the small frown on his face isn’t helping my guilt either.

“Nah, it’s ok, so tomorrow after school right? Oh before I forget what’s your number? I still need to contact you for the project.” This person in front of me is creepy. Why is he smiling innocently as if we’ve been best friends for our entire lives? 

“Why are you smiling at me like that? Please if this is acting cut it out. I feel very weird when you do that.” I told him as straight forwardly as I could. I couldn’t help him being so “friendly” to me.

“I’m not actually acting. You ask me to be peaceful with you so the only way is to be friendly with you.” Luhan frowned at me. What’s his problem? I didn’t do anything wrong, I just told him the truth.

 

***

 

Luhan’s POV

 

After being in Biology class, I just found out that Minyoung is my new seat mate. To be honest, I have no reaction to this. I guess I could say that I’m ok with her. I’m not actually friends with her except the fact that she is now mostly with EXO but the only people she actually talk to is Kai, Sehun, and Baekhyun.

I went to her seat as I could see her best friend had move to another table with Kai as her new seat mate. When I arrived I just sat down next to her as she paid no attention to me at all. Since she was kind of ignoring me, I quickly said something that came to my mind, “You are very lucky to be paired up with me, and remember I’m not doing any of the work for the project.” What the heck did I just say? This just made me sound lazy in front of Minyoung!! Wait, why am I caring anyways?!

What I didn’t expect was that Minyoung was glaring at me as she spoke in the coldest voice I’ve ever heard. “Fine with me but don’t expect me to be like the others. The work credit will go to me, ONLY me.” NO!!! Why does my mouth have to so stupid? I didn’t mean to say that at all.

“Fine I will help with the upcoming projects. Not because I want to but I need to have my own grades in class.” I replied at her and I just want to kill myself as how I sounded so stupid. What is actually wrong with me right now?

Then I heard Mr. Im talking about what we need to do for the project. So we must choose an animal and write a seven paragraphed essay explain the most important parts of the animal we choose. Then draw a picture of the animal and label the parts? That’s easy for me. I mean I’m the best artist in the class. Just kidding, I’m not.

“So, what animal do you want to do the project on?” I heard Minyoung said to me but still with a frown on her face. Does she really dislike me that much? Why does it hurt inside of me?

“I don’t know, you choose.” I just answered her bluntly. I don’t know what my body is doing because it seems like it’s being control by something else. My mind is working on its own. I saw that her frown just got bigger after what I just said. I feel bad but I don’t care.

“Look, I’m just like you. I don’t want to work with you either but Mr. Im already chooses our seat mates and you know we can’t ask for a change. If we could I already would have. So let’s just work on this project as peacefully as we can. Let’s not fight during this project and after this we could go our own way and ignore each other. How is that?” I turned my head to her and pretend to thought about it for a while and just nodded after wards. I agree that we should be friends!! I didn’t say that!!

“Let’s start the project tomorrow after school at the library or do you want to go somewhere else?” Minyoung asked me. I’m fine with starting the project tomorrow but can’t we do it today? I want to be with he-, what the hell am I saying?!! I DO NOT WANT to be with her!!

“The library is fine, but can’t we start today? I mean if you’re free.” My mouth answered without me even knowing as it also lifted up the sides showing my smile. Why is my body acting this way and why is my mind not listening to me?!!

“I’m not free today, sorry.” I was a bit disappointed at Minyoung’s answer. I feel so weird to be around her.  Without me knowing, a small frown was visible on my face.

“Nah, it’s ok, so tomorrow after school right? Oh before I forget what’s your number? I still need to contact you for the project.” I quickly asked her. I don’t know why I ask her for her number though because I could ask her at school when we would work but that could be a reason.

She was looking at me as if I’m a weird creepy alien that just came from outer space. I’m just like this because she asked me to be kind to her. I did and to be honest I’m not acting. It’s not actually hard to be nice to your friend’s sister. Even though out relationship isn’t the best thing in the whole world, I could still get along with her as a classmate, seatmate, and friend’s sister. Well, we won’t be of course best friends. I mean we aren’t on that term yet. Wait, did I say yet? What the heck is wrong with me?!

“Why are you smiling at me like that? Please if this is acting cut it out. I feel very weird when you do that.” I was lost in my mind that I didn’t notice that I was still kind of smiling creepily at Minyoung. Wow, this girl is straight forward. She is so my type. Did I think something weird again right? I don’t even know what’s going on because I think I’m having some cold sweat but I’m not really nervous. I lied. I’m dead nervous, but I don’t know the reason though. I frown at her question though. Does she think I’m really acting just because she told me to?

“I’m not actually acting. You ask me to be peaceful with you so the only way is to be friendly with you.” I quickly told her. I don’t want to have much misunderstanding between her. I’m not actually a mean guy, back then when she was still undercover Kai’s sister I only was mean to her because of my girlfriend. I like Chohee, but not love. The relationship isn’t too deep for me. I was mean to her because Chohee really dislike her, that isn’t the right word, she HATES Minyoung. I don’t know what the reason is but yeah so I just stand on my girlfriend’s side and end up being mean to her. I just hope she would accept me as a friend during our time working together on this project.

 

***

Author's Note - How is Chapter 9? ^^ Have a good day/night :)