Chapter 21

My Secret Crush

Minyoung’s POV

 

“Minyoung-ah get your up before I kick you off your bed! It’s already time for dinner and I’m already starving!” I heard someone yelled at me. Wah I’m so tired that I can’t even move a muscle. How long has it been since I fell asleep?

“Kim Minyoung I swear if you don’t get up I’m eating all your food!” Wait what?! Who the hell is going to eat my food?! No way I am allowing this!

“I’m up!” I said as dash into the bathroom as I quickly wash my face and brush my teeth. I’m never ever giving up on food. It’s a big part of my life and I’m not letting go of it that easily. IT’S FOOD FOR GOD’S SAKE!

After I got out of the bathroom looking more decent, Ahri give me a proud smile that she finally woke me up. I know I’m a pig sometimes but she doesn’t really need to rub it in my face. My best friend is evil!

 “Finally the sleeping beauty is up from her deep slumber. Now princess can we go eat now? Your precious brother has been calling you for a million times and you didn’t even shift in your slumber.” Ahri said with an annoyed tone. I grinned at her knowing how much of a deep sleeper I can be.

“Ahri-ah I’m sowy! Now can we go eat? My stomach is already so hungry I can gobble up a cow,” I did some aegyo to my best friend as I dragged her out of the room to the living room.

“Finally the two ladies have arrived! Now ma ’ladies, where would you like to go dine at? There are a lot of places that you can choose from? Nah, I’m kidding you can’t choose.  Since we are at the beach shouldn’t we go eat some sea food? I’m craving for some fish and crab!” Sehun said as he was still being the whiny him. As expected from Oh Sehun.

“Let’s go! I’m also hungry here!” Tao said as he rubbed his stomach. The others agreed as we all headed out for the bus which was already waiting for us.

This time I sat down next to Ahri and the two idiots meaning Kai and Sehun were behind us. I took out the jacket that I squish into my mini back pack and set it over my legs. I barely changed since I’m basically still in my home outfit but if I cover it with my jacket it won’t really look like it. Blame Ahri for this. She was the one who was rushing me like no tomorrow. Thankfully my phone is charged too. Even if it wasn’t I still have my power bank with me so it’s fine.

The bus ride to the sea food restaurant took about like fifteen minutes. The whole ride there was no way near quite. Chen, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol were opening songs from their phones and were screaming their lungs along to it while trying to do the dance moves while standing up. Tao was screaming along with the two idiots as they cheered for the Beagle Line.

D.O and Kris were getting irritated from the loudness but nether less the Beagle Line didn’t quiet done. Lay, Luhan, Suho, and Xiumin were just watching them with a smile on their face. Even though they probably didn’t want to admit it, they were having fun because of the Beagle Line.

Things started to get heated when Kai oppa got up and started dancing to EXID’s Hot Pink that was currently playing from Chanyeol’s phone.

“WOOOOO! GO KIM KAI!” the whole bus now started to cheer for my brother who was passionately dancing to a y girl group song. I even saw the driver look at us in the rear mirror and let out a chuckle. Nothing will ever be boring when it’s EXO who’s with us.

Finally arriving at the restaurant, the fourteen of us got off the bus as I put on my jacket. It wasn’t really that cold but a bit chilly since it’s around seven at night near the beach of course the ocean’s wind will be chilly. But I love this feeling; the wind actually feels nice against my skin.

“Minyoung let’s go!” I felt my brother grabbed me as he took to the place where our table was and sat down pulling me down next to me. Ahri took the seat beside me while Sehun took the seat beside her.

After the four of us sat down, the others started to fill in the other seats. The seating arrangement was

 

 

Tao – Kris – Sehun – Ahri – Me – Kai – Suho

  • Table   -

Chen – Xiumin – Baekhyun – Chanyeol – Luhan – Lay – D.O

 

 

After Suho ordered the best sellers there we all started to talk while waiting for the food. Ahri and I were planning on what we should do tomorrow. Since we are near the beach I suggest that we should do some water activities which she agreed to. Kai and Sehun overheard us so they said that they will be joining us since “they can’t let the ladies be alone.” Possessive brother of mine and of course Sehun only joined so he can annoy oppa.

The food arrived shortly afterwards. My eyes turned into hearts as soon as I saw the food being set on the table. THIS IS HEAVEN! OMG I CAN DIE HAPPILY AFTER EATING THIS! 

“THANK YOU FOR THE MEAL!” We said and started to gobble up all the food in front of us. Just one taste of the fish dish I have in front of me and I’m in heaven. How can they make such perfect taste? This literally means the beauty of food!

Since we are also in a private room so we can be as loud as we want and we will still not bother anyone. The meals were finished in a flash as we all groan out in happiness. Not long after that we got our dessert; apple pie with ice cream on top! I never regret coming to Busan at all. This is my heaven! I could live here forever!

Right after we finished the food Suho kindly paid for us. I wonder how rich that dude is. His family owns a big villa next to the Haeundae Beach and he talks about it as if it’s nothing really. At least he isn’t a stuck up brat. He is a good hyung and dongsaeng to s no wonder they put him as the leader. I pity him so much having to live with eleven boys who have different and weird personalities yet he still live up to it.

When the bus arrived back the villa, we didn’t really go back in first. We all went for a stroll on the beach side. It was peaceful and I ditched Ahri when I saw her talking to Lay and went to the two idiots. After screaming into their ears and jumping on them I was quite content with the reaction from them.

“You two I have something to ask you; does Lay has any girlfriend or does he like someone?” I asked but the two of them looked surprised. They quickly pulled me a bit away from the others so they can’t hear us.

“Why the hell are you asking that Kim Minyoung?! Do you like him or something?!” Guess who said this? If you said Kim Jongin you’re correct! My brother is being protective once again. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Are you stupid? Lay is a nice person but he still isn’t my style. Don’t you two idiots have eyes? Look.” I said as I pointed toward Ahri and Lay who look like they both were having fun.

“Now do you understand why I asked that question? I can’t even believe that I know two pabos,” I exclaimed to them in a very annoyed tone. How can they not notice this at all?! Impossible!

“Let me guess Ahri might have a crush on Lay hyung so you’re asking us if he have a girlfriend so her heart wouldn’t be broken and stuff?” Kai oppa questioned me back. I give him a “duh” look as he understands finally.

“Ahri’s lucky then. Lay hyung has been single since birth. He is too nice to others too. By his looks I think he might like her too. Let me ask him before we go to bed tonight; after all he is my roommate.” Kai oppa said boasting while Sehun and I just scoffed at him.

“Well it’s up to us if they end up together or not so plan LayRi starts now?” I said as I took my fist out and place it in the middle of us. “Count me in!” Sehun said as he took out his fist and place it next to mine. “Me too!” Kai oppa said as he did the same.

“FIGHTING!” the three of us chorused together as we raised our fist together. Yes we are this highly spirited for this! Why can’t we be excited? My best friend for my entire life is finally might get a boyfriend! How can I not be excited?!

The stroll was perfect but tiring when we got back to the villa. I said goodbye to my brother and Sehun as I dragged Ahri away from Lay to our room. After locking the door afterwards I smirked at her.

“Now spill what’s going on between you and Lay? Don’t tell me lies I clearly saw the both of you all smiles at each other at the beach.” I crossed my arm together and leaned on the wall next to me. Ahri opened and closed it again.

“Minyoung I think I have a crush!” she took the pillow next to her and started to squeal into it. I started to squeal as well knowing that Ahri has finally admitted to her crush. The day I’ve been waiting for has arrived! I’ve been waiting for my best friend to get a crush or even a boyfriend as she deserves someone very nice. Lay is the perfect match for her knowing that’s he is an angel from above.

“It’s Lay right?” I said with a smirk on my face. Ahri nodded not questioning me at all since she probably knew I already know about it. That’s why we are best friends. We understand each other without communication. Even if we don’t talk it’s never awkward because we already used to it. Our silence is also comfortable I don’t have to feel like I need to speak to her all the time. Same goes for her too.

“Now after you’re done squealing you may go shower but now I’ll be showering first. I need my beauty sleep. It’s already been a tiring day at all cost.” I yawned as I took my PJs and went to shower in the bathroom. I decided not to wash my hair because it’s already late at night and I have no intention of getting sick at this great city.

After getting out of the bathroom with my PJs I notice that Ahri was already asleep. Knowing that I won’t be able to wake her up and she’s probably tired so I just leave her like that after putting on her blanket for her; this childish best friend of mine.

I quickly took out my phone and messaged to Kai oppa.

 

To Kai Oppa:

Mission accomplished!

Ahri is totally head over heels for Lay

How is it with him though?

 

Knowing that my brother won’t reply until later I took out my charger and charged my phone.  After that I immediately went to sleep since I knew there’s a big day ahead of us tomorrow.

 

***

Author's Note - Hello and Goodbye <3