Chapter 16

My Secret Crush

Author’s POV

 

It was afterschool where Luhan and Kai were waiting for Minyoung to come so they can go back home together. It was a few minutes and she still was taking a bit of a while. They didn’t mind since they knew she was taking her time and there’s nothing really to be impatient at.

“So hyung, how’s the project going?” Kai started a conversation. He thought it was really weird to be really quiet with one of his hyungs unless it’s D.O or Xiumin since those two barely talk. Like human walls in the group, they will kill him if they hear this though.

“It’s going well. I might even ace this thanks to your sister,” Luhan grinned at Kai who also grinned back in return.

“OPPA!” the moment was ruined when Minyoung came screaming her lungs out and stumbling right at Kai.

“Whoa slow down Minyoungie. What’s the rush?” Kai said as he maintains his balance. It’s quite hard when a person had nearly run into you. This girl weighs more than you think she does. Well he can’t really complain since it’s his sister.

“Oppa you said you’ll treat me ice cream! So let’s go!” Minyoung said excitedly, and she totally forgot about Luhan who was right there beside her. She grabbed her oppa by the arm and dragged him as Luhan just chuckled at the scene and followed them.

“Minyoungie aren’t you forgetting something?” Kai said as he pointed to his hyung at the back. The loud gasp was heard from Minyoung as she had a blush on her cheeks, embarrassed that she actually forgot about the project.

“Sorry Luhan-sshi for forgetting you. I was immersed into getting free ice cream from oppa,” she just said sheepishly. Luhan was kind of surprise by her actions.

 

Now this is the side of Minyoung you don’t get to see every day. At least I feel she is warming up to me; no more cold words or glares.

 

“It’s fine. Let’s just get ice cream first and do the project at your house later.” Luhan give her a small smile. She smiled back to him as she sprinted to her brother, pulling him to the ice cream shop so she can eat the tasty dessert.

“Minyoungie slow down! I’m tired as hell already from PE (Physical Education)!” Kai whines to his sister who doesn’t really listen to him and kept dragging him like a sack of potatoes. Well as long as she gets her food nothing else matter right?

“Oppa stop being a baby! All we did was to play volleyball and I didn’t even see you play today so just shut up and buy me by ice cream!” Minyoung retorted back to her one and only brother who just pout at her answer.

“Fine, as long as you’re happy.” He said as he muttered under his breath about her being a mean sister. As people say “A man’s job is to keep the women around him happy then he will be happy.”

“That’s why I love you veryyyyyyy much oppa.” Minyoung beamed as she stretch the word “very” for a long time. Her brother just shook his head at his sister’s childish behavior but enjoy it secretly because she doesn’t act like this every day.

They trio arrived at the shop as Minyoung skipped to the counter to get her order as the two males just walked slowly behind her. Kai was enjoying seeing his kind of cold sister being a child for once in a while. It doesn’t happen usually because she is usually independent and don’t really like to share things and stuff.

“So hyung how long are you going to stay at our house? Can you stay for dinner? We can play video games after this.” Kai grinned at his hyung who just chuckle at him but of course agreeing. Boys will always be boys, their hearts all connected by games.

“Count me in, no way I’m going to say no to video games.” Kai happily yay-ed since his hyung agreed to stay over and play games with him. Minyoung scoffed at her way to happy for his own good oppa. In her mind of course she’s thinking “He says I’m childish? Look who’s talking.”

After getting their ice cream and eating it, the trio went to the Kim’s house to do work and to play later. When they arrived, Minyoung quickly went in her room to set up the things like the tables and stuff needed to do the project. The other two just sat down in the living room since they weren’t sure what they had to do.

Minyoung went to the kitchen and make some snacks because she thought since Luhan is going to stay over, she need to makes a lot of food so they can eat while working and of course her brother is going to interrupt as much as he can.

 

***

Minyoung’s POV

 

I was in the kitchen making snacks enough for three people. Ok, not just enough but over board so I can eat more. There cookies, coke, chips, cupcakes, candies, jellies and of course some more. I brought them out to the living since oppa would probably interrupt us so I decided to work in the living room instead. Plus it was only the three of us home since our parents are out for work and won’t return until later.

I set down the tray of snacks on the living room table as the other two hands shot out to grab whatever. I quickly slapped their hands away and glared at them. Of course not forgetting what I want to say to these two.

“Oppa don’t you dare touch my babies until I return. The same for you Luhan-sshi, now I’ll go get our project while both of you wait here patiently and don’t you dare I repeat, don’t you dare to touch the food. Understand?” I spoke with much authority in my voice as I look straight into the two boys’ eyes in front of me.

They both just nodded as I quickly went up to my room to grab the project. It was just lying on my bed so I took it and went back down. I look at the food first in case any of them had some before me. I smiled at them as none of the food seemed to be touch or eaten.

“Good boys,” I patted each of their heads treating them like five years old kids as they both frowned at my actions. Of course since they were older than me, yet I treated them like kids.

“You little meanie,” oppa pouted at me while I just pinched his cheeks hard making it go red. I just grinned at him evilly as he glared at me while rubbing his cheeks.

“Let’s work Luhan-sshi we need to finish this and of course aced it!” I said cheerfully said as I sat down and did the work I have to do. I know that we will ace this since look at who he is working with? ME! THE NUMBER ONE STUDENT AT SCHOOL! If our project didn’t get an A, that’s be that one of the tricks on April Fool’s Day.

 

--- Time Passed ---

 

It has been an hour and a half since we started working and just when we were almost done with it, the one and only brother of mine have to interrupt. He was of course bored since we ate all the snacks and there’s nothing left to do.

“Guys when are you going to be finish? I’m getting bored here just playing Crossy Road on my phone.” Oppa frowned and groaned as he sat up on the couch he was laying on a few seconds ago.

“In a while so be patient Kai,” Luhan-sshi said as he ignore oppa once more and kept working. I was amazed by this, since it’s not every day that you can see the Luhan ignoring something else and just work.

“Hyung and Minyoungie! Stop ignoring me,” oppa whined like a kid like no tomorrow. I can feel what he feels but well suffered XD. It’s good to be mean to my oppa once in a while so he knows that he is not the one to act like a kid.

“Oppa if you just shut up and keep playing that game on your phone, we would finish earlier than you expect so stop bothering us while we are working.” I said and I tried to finish what I need to type on the laptop so I can just print it out later and stick it on the poster board.

Oppa just groaned more but went to keep playing his game while we finished our work. We quickly ended the project as I stretched out my arms and stand up.

“Guys go ahead and eat the food first I’ll be back after changing into something more comfortable. Man I never knew the uniform would be this bad to be in for a long time urgh!” I went up to my room and simply just chose an oversized shirt that I got from Sehun oppa since it didn’t fit him anymore. Since he knew about my obsessions with large t-shirts so he handed it to me. Then I took some shorts and some undergarments with me to the bathroom.

I took a nice and long cool shower since I was already stiff from sitting from a long time. It was pretty good since after the shower I felt so refresh. I changed into my clothes and kept drying my hair with the small towel and went downstairs since who else will make dinner? Me of course, it’s not like they can cook or anything except maybe instant noodles.

I went down and of course I saw those kids like people paying car racing on the TV. I just shook my head and went and sit down on one of the couch.

“You guys want dinner?” that caught their attention as Luhan-sshi paused the game, Kai oppa groaned since he was already winning and the tension of the game stopped.

“Come on Kai, don’t be a baby over this. We are already hungry so if you don’t mind, we do want dinner.” Luhan-sshi smiled at me was I give back a small chuckle. My oppa is really is a baby in his heart. And I thought I was the youngest here.

“Kim Minyoung you want to get sick? You idiot come over here,” I went to oppa as he motioned me to sit down in front of him, and I did. He grabbed the towel on my shoulders and started to dry my hair for me as I just sat there. “You know how easily you get sick and you even dare to keep your hair still wet.” I just smiled at oppa’s motherliness. Well I’m used to this side of oppa being so caring and cute.

We just sat there in silence and oppa kept drying my hair, as Luhan-sshi was on the phone texting someone but of course that’s none of my business. I just closed my eyes as I let my oppa dried my hair but then I slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

***

Luhan’s POV

 

I was on the phone chatting with Chohee. I felt bad that I ditched her so well I’m still her boyfriend so I need to act like one too. I don’t want her to feel bad or lonely because I’m not there for her or anything.

Then I heard Kai chuckled at something as I looked up from my phone and saw Minyoung asleep with her head on Kai’s lap. Her hair looks so fresh maybe since she just washed it.

“This little baby, I guess we will be having pizza for dinner. You don’t mind hyung? And she said she was going to make dinner,” Kai said with a smile on his face. I just smiled and nodded at him. He lifted Minyoung’s head for a bit as he got up from the couch and placed her head back on the couch. Then he carried her up and set her on the couch and went to get a blanket for her since it’s already fall and it’s already getting chilly at night and a pillow.

When he left, I just stared at Minyoung looking pretty cute like a kid. She just looks like a little baby. Anyone could mistake her as a little child since she is sleeping like a kid.

“D-daehyun b-bogoshipo,” I heard her mumble. Daehyun? Who’s that? I got curious since I’ve never really seen her with any boys before except her brother, Sehun and the EXO members sometimes.

Kai returned shortly afterwards with a light lavender blanket, a cute Pikachu stuff toy, and a pillow. He placed the Pikachu in Minyoung’s arm and covered her up with the blanket as she snuggled against it and lastly raise her head up a bit gently and place the pillow under her head.

“Umm Kai, I heard her mumbling this someone about “Daehyun” in her sleep. Who’s that?” I asked in curiosity. Then the smile on his face immediately turned into a deep frowned.

“That idiot, she still likes him till now?” I heard he muttered under his breath. “It’s just someone from her past hyung. If you want more information ask her later. I don’t think she’ll like it if I just say her personal things out loud to any people.”

I got more curious since this is her personal things yet it’s about a boy. Maybe her ex-boyfriend, I mean it’s very possible or maybe just a close friend? I had ton of thoughts running in my mind.

“-han hyung,” I hear someone snap a finger in front of my face and saw Kai. He was shaking his hand in front of my facing making sure I didn’t die suddenly.

“What happened hyung? You suddenly zoned out. What were you thinking about?” he asked as I just shook my head. “Can you order the pizza now? I’m hungry.” I grinned at him. As a hyung i had the every right to order him around.

“Do it yourself hyung, you know the number of the pizza parlor anyways.” I kicked his leg gently as he pretended to be hurt. Either way, I took my phone and call the pizza parlor.

“Hello I want to order three pizzas; one cheese and the other two with peperoni please. Deliver it to XXX. Thank you.” I ended the call. “By the way, Kim Jongin you’re the one paying for the pizza, thanks.” I flashed a grin toward him.  

“I hate you so much hyung. How can you do this me?” he whined like a kid but nah I’m going to just ignore it. Serves him right for annoying us while we were working out butts off yet he was complaining about being bored and all he does was play Crossy Road.

After a while the pizza arrived as Kai went to get the door, and went to get it. He paid for it and came back with three large pizza boxes as my mouth started to water from the delicious smell. He placed it on the living room table.

Then surprisingly Minyoung woke up looking like a cute little kid. She still had the Pikachu in one arm and she was rubbing her eyes with the other. The first thing she said blow my mind though.

“Is that pizza I smell?” she asked innocently as Kai and I both burst out in laughter. It was very cute and surprising I must say. I never knew a girl like this would ever exist. She fell asleep and woke up because she smelled pizza. Just wow.

“Yup Minyoungie it’s pizza. Now go and wash your face to refresh and come back down. Let’s eat while we watch a movie.” Immediately after what Kai said, Minyoung rushed to the bathroom and appeared two minutes later looking more fresh as Kai went to his room to find some movies to watch.

It was a very awkward being alone with her I tried to start a conversation but she was on her phone so I guess I shouldn’t well. It’s not like I can do anything about it so I just sat there waiting for Kai to return. What the hell is taking him so long?

I just sat there feeling awkward as hell. I just tried to ignore the feeling as I placed my head on the couch head rest and closed my eyes to enjoy the moment for a while.

“Luhan-sshi let’s just eat. Oppa is going to take too considering on how long it he had been in his room already. Urgh!” I head Minyoung said to me as I mentally smiled at how cute she is.

“He won’t mind right? I mean he’s the one who bought this.” I said back to her but she just shrugged.

“Who cares? I mean we both are hungry and nobody told him to take that long. It’s his loss.” I chuckled at her words. She can’t even wait for a bit just for pizza.

“If you insist.” I said but it made her frown. “Don’t insist me. It’s either a yes or a no. if you’re not going to eat, I am.” Just like her words, she opened the pizza boxes and dig in. I can never count the times she amazes me. I swear a girl like her comes in one in a billion.

Well like she said it’s his loss right so I reach out and grabbed a piece of pizza. Hmmmmm it tastes so delicious! The cheese running in my mouth! I’m very satisfied with this.

We ate for like a few pieces and finally Mr. y Bronze Skin decided to came out.

“You guys ate without waiting for me? Such meanies.” He pouted but well it’s not like he can take back the food we ate. Unless he cut our stomach open or wait until it’s digested.

Then he placed the DVD in the video player and the screen lit up with the Maze Runner. (A/N – I love this movie! And I still haven’t watch the sequel :( ) Then he went to turn the lights off to give a better affect and went off again and returned with some pillows and blankets as he handed each of us one.

The movie was very intense. We didn’t even speak at all.  Finally we finished watching it as it was already 11:30 PM at night. I guess I’m really going to sleep over today. Well it doesn’t hurt me right?

“Good night oppa and Luhan-sshi and sleep well.” Minyoung mumbles as she was already so sleepy then went off to her room in a stumbling manner. I smiled at her actions.

“Hyung you can take the bed I’ll just sleep here,” I heard Kai said. I thought he was being generous but nope. “I’m too lazy to move back. Good night hyung and you can go change into some of my clothes. Earlier Kai took long getting back was because he was changing into his PJs.

I close the television as I went to his room and found some clothes that actually fits me and change into it. I dived into his bed and of course being really tired and sleepy, I went to dreamland the minute my head hit the pillow.

 

***

Author's Note - Love all of you guys. Thank you so much for supporting me and here is a <3