Chapter 30

My Secret Crush

Minyoung’s POV

 

I had a hard time at school today. When I arrived, I went to my locker the first and dash away to my first class even though I was really early. The last thing I would want to do is to see Dae oppa’s face. I don’t want to talk to him or do any interaction with him at all costs. It was already a pain to see him back and now he wants me back. Then what about those years that he had left me? Those years meant nothing to him? If he had truly loved me I believe that he wouldn’t have even left in the first place and I wouldn’t be suffering of a heart break.

Just when I deep in my thoughts, I felt someone leaned on my shoulders and that someone was breathing right against my cheeks. I turned my head around and saw Dae oppa’s face right in front of mine, centimeters apart. His eyes and his smiles still haven’t changed at all. Those orbs that I always used to get lost in and the smile that would make my heart speeds like a race car. But now I feel nothing. My heart doesn’t do those flips.

I quickly backed away from him just when he pulled me into a hug. I started to struggle since I don’t want to be in his arms and it only made his grip tighten more than ever. I already feel those tears that were forming in my eyes.

“Please Min-ah. Just stay still even if it’s only for a minute,” he said as he buried his face in my shoulders. I felt awkward. My ex-boyfriend was holding me and I hated it.

“Let me go Daehyun-sshi,” I said in a cold voice. He froze for a second. I had never called him Daehyun ever since we started dating. Even when we first met he insists on the fact that I call him oppa. The fact that I just called him formally must hurt a lot. I felt him let go of me and made me face him.

“W-what did you just c-called me?” he asked with pain on his face. Dae oppa looks really hurt by the fact that I called him like that.

“I called you Daehyun-sshi. Is there something wrong with it? I mean I don’t even know you. You’re basically a stranger to me,” I said. “You’re just a transfer student that I’ve never met before. So please do you mind letting go of me?” I questioned. As I went on about the facts that I don’t know him and never met him before, Dae oppa finally snapped.

“SHUT UP SHUT UP! Don’t call me Daehyun-ssi!” he screamed at me making me winced. I got scared by the sudden loud noise. He saw me winced and I think he calmed down for a bit.

“Min-ah please don’t call me that. I feel that you’re already far away from me than we are now,” he said with a really sad smile.

“Did you forget all those time of us together? We were happy.” He said to me with a forced smile.

“Yes, like you said we WERE happy. Now, I have totally gotten over you so please Daehyun-sshi stop trying to go back into my life because I don’t want to hurt you with my words anymore. Just, please go back to where you come from or anything just go. You’ve hurt me enough when you left three years ago.” I exclaimed. I can’t handle this anymore. How can he think that he can come back into my life that easily? He was the one that left first.

“It was a mistake Min-ah! My mom forced me to study abroad. She said if I didn’t go, she’ll never allow me to be with you. I knew that I couldn’t be able to do long distance relationships so I broke it off with you expecting that you would still be waiting for me when I came back but you didn’t. You moved on. There is only one more option left for me to do. Like I said I will court you again and win your heart. I can’t stand the fact that I can’t even hold you when you’re right in front of my eyes,” Dae oppa said as his eyes were already teary.

“Don’t cry, not for me. You can move on like how I did. We can’t be together. You’ll find a better girl I’m sure,” I tried to comfort him but I knew that all those words were like poison.

“No, I don’t want any other girl than you. I won’t give up Minyoung. Not for you,” he said as he caressed my cheek. Those familiar touches, his hands are cold and warm like always.

“No, I’m sorry.” That was all I said as I got up and ran to the bathroom. This was the only way to escape. I’m not going to let history repeat itself. I have to let go of the past.

 

 

To Ahri:

Can you come to the bathroom on the second floor?

The one near my first class?

Please?

 

 

From Ahri:

I don’t know what happened

But from the looks you’re probably crying

I’ll be there in just a few minutes

Btw your brother is looking for you

He said you disappeared this morning

 

 

To Ahri:

Please don’t mention that you know where I am

Just come here quick

 

 

From Ahri:

Ok

I’ll be there soon

 

 

I waited for Ahri as I kept sobbing in the toilet. When I hear the door open, I thought it was Ahri and cling onto the person and started to cry harder.

“Ahri-ah what should I do? He said he wants me back? But I don’t want to repeat history again. He left me without a word three years ago. But then it hurts me so much to see him in pain,” I cried out loud and kept sobbing while hugging Ahri.

I kept her stiffen underneath my arms and I thought it was weird but kept on crying. Slowly the person’s arms were brought up and pated my back. Knowing that Ahri is always by me, I just kept on crying and crying on her shoulders. That was it until I heard the door opened.

“MINYOUNG-AH WHAT HAPPENED?” I heard a familiar voice screamed and I looked up and saw Ahri in the door way panting. I was confused. Then who is the person that was hugging me? I untangled my arm from the person’s waist and looked up and saw that the person who I was crying on/who comforted me was none other than Chohee! I suddenly felt so awkward.

“I’m sorry. I thought you were Ahri,” I said to her with a sniff. She gave a smile. It was a different kind of smile. Usually she glares at me or give me evil smirk but from the way she looks right now something had happened to her. Her eyes look red too. They were a bit puffy as if she had just finished crying.

“It’s fine now please excuse me,” Chohee said as she gave both Ahri and I a small smile and left eh bathroom.

“Did you just see what I think we did?” Ahri said with a gasp as soon as Chohee went out of the bathroom. I was just as surprised as she was. Chohee, she didn’t make fun of me crying. She didn’t say bad things like how pathetic I was that Dae oppa dumped me three years ago. She comforted me instead. I felt like she was like a friend back then. She just felt like Ahri when I hugged her. Warmth and comfort just like how I would feel from a close friend.

“Yes Ahri, I think I just saw what you just did.”

 

***

Author’s Note – Early morning update ^^ Sorry that's it's short TT^TT